NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic State Crisis Megathread (ISIS/ISIL/IS) II

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:48 am

Novus America wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:
They also just use it as a viable combat strategy. Spend a few bucks and a couple of martyrs, force the enemy to spend millions.
It is a brilliant simple strategy. Which works.

Also they are really seperate fights. Driving ISIS from Iraq and Syria will not drive them from Molenbeek. ISIS is not a battlefield or conventional threat, they do better with small cells launching terror attacks then they ever will on the battlefield.

ISIS is an idea and ideas are bulletproof.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:50 am

Ganos Lao wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Also they are really seperate fights. Driving ISIS from Iraq and Syria will not drive them from Molenbeek. ISIS is not a battlefield or conventional threat, they do better with small cells launching terror attacks then they ever will on the battlefield.

Pretty much. Wahhabism and Salafism are the disease. ISIS just a symptom.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Sanctissima
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctissima » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:56 am

Ganos Lao wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Y'know, shortly after V says that he dies of bullet wounds.

But yeah, ISIS' ideology is ultimately an idea that won't go away once the group dies. Wahhabism and Salafism will be around for some time yet, but then again it takes a certain type of person to adopt such ideas into a way of life, and people are by no means bulletproof.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:59 am

Sanctissima wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

But yeah, ISIS' ideology is ultimately an idea that won't go away once the group dies. Wahhabism and Salafism will be around for some time yet, but then again it takes a certain type of person to adopt such ideas into a way of life, and people are by no means bulletproof.

True. But quite uncofortably the real fight might be closer to home. Throwing some bomb in the sand of the great international bombing range is one thing.

Gunning down terrorists in Brussels something else.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Sanctissima
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctissima » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Novus America wrote:
Sanctissima wrote:

True. But quite uncofortably the real fight might be closer to home. Throwing some bomb in the sand of the great international bombing range is one thing.

Eh, I think it's something that Europe will have to deal with more than anything else. Us colonials will inevitably have to continue dealing with the occasional terrorist attacks too, but ultimately I think Europe will take the brunt of the storm. In the case of Belgium, things will only continue to get worse until they come to terms with the fact that they have a serious problem with domestic radicalization, and that they can't let Saudi-funded Salafist mosques continue to operate in their country.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Sanctissima wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Eh, I think it's something that Europe will have to deal with more than anything else. Us colonials will inevitably have to continue dealing with the occasional terrorist attacks too, but ultimately I think Europe will take the brunt of the storm. In the case of Belgium, things will only continue to get worse until they come to terms with the fact that they have a serious problem with domestic radicalization, and that they can't let Saudi-funded Salafist mosques continue to operate in their country.

True. Though we are less squeamish here. If police gun down a terrorist here nobody gives a shit. Also we have the death penalty and ADX Florence for those caught.

But yes, banning Saudi (and Qatari) funding to schools and mosques, shutting down those that violate any law, aggressive assimilationism/brainwashing and desegregation are what we need. But are not yet prepared to do.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Novus America wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

Pretty much. Wahhabism and Salafism are the disease. ISIS just a symptom.

Ideas can be corrupted and degenerated into memes. How many people get strange looks whenever they listen to a Rick Astley song out of genuine enjoyment?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General