NATION

PASSWORD

Ideal Weather/Climate?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Founded: Jan 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Ideal Weather/Climate?

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:30 pm

To take a break from the hackneyed political threads that end in snark attacks and red text, I've decided to talk about something milder. The weather. The weather is generally something great to bring up in small talk, and it's ruined the engine of my Volkswagen twice. But, that's besides the point. I'm curious, and am asking NSers, what is your ideal weather/climate?

It seems like a strange question, but I feel that many people have varying preferences in regards to temperature, precipitation, sunlight, among other things. In AZ, it's currently 42 C(107F) and sunnier than Sunny D, and this is actually a cold front. So, as you can imagine, I much prefer cooler weather. Any temperature from 15 to 20 celsius(59 to 68F) just feels beautiful to me. I prefer this with clouds and rain. That said, I've never seen snow in Arizona, so I would enjoy living in a climate with modest snow and cold in the winter, and mild to cool weather in the summer.
I am: Cynic, Depressive, Junior in HS, Arizonan, Sarcastic, Wannabe Psychologist, Lover of Cinema and Rum.

Ziggy played guitar....
For ISIS | On Israel and its settlements | Flat Taxes are beneficial for all | OOC, Baby | Probably Accurate.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:33 pm

I like Colorado's weather to be honest, though if I could maybe experience a tropical climate once or twice I'd be good.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:33 pm

I definitely prefer warm to hot dry climate. Temps of 25-37 Celcius, low humidity, and sun really suits me.

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Im in the middle of Georgia, so I know your pain. I have to do football practice in 90-something degree heat and 100% Humidity, without a cloud in the sky.

I honestly adore the climate of the city of Irkutsk, Russia: Barely above zero in the winter, if not MUCH colder, mid eighties to nineties in the summer.
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Best outdoor temperatures are -10C to 10C. Cloudy.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Kelinfort wrote:I definitely prefer warm to hot dry climate. Temps of 25-37 Celcius, low humidity, and sun really suits me.

37 Celsius? Damn, that's May weather out here in Arizona, and let me tell you, it's no fun. You can't be outside for very long without sweating more than a Jew in a mosque.
I am: Cynic, Depressive, Junior in HS, Arizonan, Sarcastic, Wannabe Psychologist, Lover of Cinema and Rum.

Ziggy played guitar....
For ISIS | On Israel and its settlements | Flat Taxes are beneficial for all | OOC, Baby | Probably Accurate.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:34 pm

Some like it hot.
I am one of those people. I like it hot(mid-nineties) and wet.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Muinordgrad wrote:Im in the middle of Georgia, so I know your pain. I have to do football practice in 90-something degree heat and 100% Humidity, without a cloud in the sky.

I honestly adore the climate of the city of Irkutsk, Russia: Barely above zero in the winter, if not MUCH colder, mid eighties to nineties in the summer.

The humidity is killer. Thankfully, it's rarely too humid in the desert Southwest. However, during the monsoon season, we get some nights with 75-90% humidity and 110-115F weather. Kill me.

Ziggy played guitar....

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Liberty and Linguistics wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:I definitely prefer warm to hot dry climate. Temps of 25-37 Celcius, low humidity, and sun really suits me.

37 Celsius? Damn, that's May weather out here in Arizona, and let me tell you, it's no fun. You can't be outside for very long without sweating more than a Jew in a mosque.

my best friend is a jew and I guarantee she wouldn't be sweating if she came to the masjid with me.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

The Sorinese Federation
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sorinese Federation » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:36 pm

I'd say a climate similar to Boston's would be ideal, although an oceanic climate would probably be better in the summertime. I have a distaste for temperatures above 25ºC, but I also enjoy four distinct seasons, so Boston would probably be best.

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:36 pm

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:

my best friend is a jew and I guarantee she wouldn't be sweating if she came to the masjid with me.

It's a lighthearted analogy, not an absolute reflection of the life of your friend. :p

Ziggy played guitar....

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Muinordgrad wrote:Im in the middle of Georgia, so I know your pain. I have to do football practice in 90-something degree heat and 100% Humidity, without a cloud in the sky.

The humidity is killer. Thankfully, it's rarely too humid in the desert Southwest. However, during the monsoon season, we get some nights with 75-90% humidity and 110-115F weather. Kill me.

Yikes. Nope. Can't do that.

Why I like Irkutsk: Hot enough so that i can walk outside and while everyone else is dying im alright, and yet its not like swimming through burning fog whenever you go somewhere without air conditioning. Unfortionately, Putin is Putin so its not the best politically nor economically.
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:40 pm

Muinordgrad wrote:

Yikes. Nope. Can't do that.

Why I like Irkutsk: Hot enough so that i can walk outside and while everyone else is dying im alright, and yet its not like swimming through burning fog whenever you go somewhere without air conditioning. Unfortionately, Putin is Putin so its not the best politically nor economically.

Ever been to Irkustk?

I imagine it's a pretty depressing place.

Ziggy played guitar....

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:42 pm

Vancouver's summer weather when its always sunny and there's very little/no rain mixed with some cool breeze, blue skies.

It doesn't snow either.

Unfortunately, for the rest of the year its pouring with rain and the sky is often a pale grey. I remember stepping out of a room in December and looking up at the sky, it looked like the Apocalypse had arrived. The clouds were swirling and turning and there were patches of black; and it was pouring so much rain that it almost cut your skin.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:43 pm

Muinordgrad wrote:Yikes. Nope. Can't do that.

Ever been to Irkustk?

I imagine it's a pretty depressing place.

It is only really dark in January-December, and its only 70km from Lake Baikal, the clearest lake and the largest freshwater lake in the world, and from what ive read (OK fine on wikipedia but still) once you get to know people they are really nice. IDK.
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Nickel Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Nickel Empire » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:44 pm

I liked the weather of the Black Hills of South Dakota US. While it is as hot as Manitoba it did not have the humidity as Manitoba which is a big difference. I like not having snow though the other 3 seasons.
Purple Tory with some Right-Wing Populism
"Every nation has the government it deserves." Joseph de Maistre
"First feelings are always the most natural." King Louis XIV of France
Trademark: Agent Orange Is a Protest Violent? Code: Reaganomics
"Don't tickle the Nickel." https://imgur.com/5KfGQGt

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Vancouver's summer weather when its always sunny and there's very little/no rain mixed with some cool breeze, blue skies.

It doesn't snow either.

Unfortunately, for the rest of the year its pouring with rain and the sky is often a pale grey. I remember stepping out of a room in December and looking up at the sky, it looked like the Apocalypse had arrived. The clouds were swirling and turning and there were patches of black; and it was pouring so much rain that it almost cut your skin.

I was just in Vancouver. Last week, to be exact. The weather was quite nice. I walked the entirety of Stanley Park as it was about 18C, partly cloudy, and fairly breezy. Vancouver Island was a different animal, with all the wildfires and rain.

Ziggy played guitar....

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:44 pm

57° F, a perpetual cloud cover, occasional fog, and frequent rain.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Vancouver's summer weather when its always sunny and there's very little/no rain mixed with some cool breeze, blue skies.

It doesn't snow either.

I was just in Vancouver. Last week, to be exact. The weather was quite nice. I walked the entirety of Stanley Park as it was about 18C, partly cloudy, and fairly breezy. Vancouver Island was a different animal, with all the wildfires and rain.

interesting...

Claven
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claven » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:48 pm

I'd want year round spring weather
Protector: The Unified Earth Government
Protectorate: Penguinlanda
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest

My Views On These Nations
The Unified Earth Government
Finsternia
Completed!! Open for business!! TG me!!
Cumberlanda wrote:Not exactly frightened at their military.
Their promiscuity? Scary.
Coalition for Justice

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Claven wrote:I'd want year round spring weather

Here in georgia, that means year round tornados every week. No thanks.
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Liberty and Linguistics
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberty and Linguistics » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

interesting...

Mhm. I've heard it's depressing in the winter, though. Sure, I love the clouds, but that's because I see clouds once in a blue moon.

Ziggy played guitar....

Claven
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claven » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:51 pm

Muinordgrad wrote:
Claven wrote:I'd want year round spring weather

Here in georgia, that means year round tornados every week. No thanks.

Well damn. Isnt there a place without freezing winters, hot summers, and has nice beaches with mountains that isnt too expensive to live in?
Protector: The Unified Earth Government
Protectorate: Penguinlanda
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest

My Views On These Nations
The Unified Earth Government
Finsternia
Completed!! Open for business!! TG me!!
Cumberlanda wrote:Not exactly frightened at their military.
Their promiscuity? Scary.
Coalition for Justice

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:51 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
interesting...

Mhm. I've heard it's depressing in the winter, though. Sure, I love the clouds, but that's because I see clouds once in a blue moon.

Unfortunately, I find it to be true

It's clouds and clouds and clouds... and rain.

When I first moved here, the persistent rainclouds contributed to my feelings of anxiety and depression.

The summer is a deceptive trap because for most of the year... its grey and rain water... hence the nickname, ''Raincouver.''

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Claven wrote:
Muinordgrad wrote:Here in georgia, that means year round tornados every week. No thanks.

Well damn. Isnt there a place without freezing winters, hot summers, and has nice beaches with mountains that isnt too expensive to live in?

Yep. Hell.

I couldnt resist im sorry it was just so perfect
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General