NATION

PASSWORD

Nationstates' Mental illness thread.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Beast of Boston
Envoy

Founded: Jun 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Beast of Boston » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:29 pm

I've often be referred to as a headcase...or splitbrained.
My fellow Americans, I speak to you today to remind that you just read this in my voice.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:16 pm

I have ASD (formerly Asperger's), ADHD-PI, NPD; and my spchologist says I probably have mild OCD (though I have not officially been diagnosed with this, as of yet).

I'm perfect. :)
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Claanyad
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Claanyad » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:44 am

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Vallermoore wrote:I have slight Asperger's syndrome and have been unemployed for most of my adult life.

Because of Asperger's, or..?

Well, studies do say that 80% of people with Aspergers (in the UK, though possibly in other places too) aren't employed.
If you want sources, I can give them, but I will need to find them again.
IATA Member
WARNING: I am Celtic. This nation is not Celtic.
..()_()
.(o - o) /\
...|.....\/...\
...|......\vvv\
...|.)|.)(..)===<<<

Jamjai
Minister

Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamjai » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:04 am

I think I have depression but I don't take the pills. I think I was being oversensitive when filling out the survey and some of them checked the wrong answers. I am prescribed depression bills but right now for the past month I haven't taken any, from what I remember. Sometimes I take from different times then stop. But my doctor says I still have take them but It doesn't really do anything. Well, besides that it just gives you energy. I don't know, I don't trust those pills and I'm not interested. Actually, I think my depression is cured. I kinda forgot why I was suffering from either ways. Actually I don't know how it was triggered. It just comes and then goes away. But it lingers on and strikes at you when your disadvantage.
During my time, I developed a changed sleeping pattern. Right now I wake up earlier than rest of my family. Basically, most of the time I go to sleep in the morning and then can't really go sleep during the night time. Thats when for it really starts in kicking. I don't know, sometimes my eating habits change from time to time. Sometimes i want to eat and sometimes I just get nausea.

It just comes and goes lol I don't really care in the end. Its mild if I suffering from depression.
In most severe cases a person would probably need the pill but I feel like I'm on life support when I take those meds. It is a bad feeling.
RP: 34 million

Khodoristan
Minister

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Khodoristan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:00 pm

I have chronic depression and social anxiety disorder. Struggled with it all through high school. When I went to college, I revamped everything. Started working out. Pledged a fraternity. Met my girlfriend. Changed my diet and stopped smoking. Went back to church and got right with the big man.

I'm on Trevilor which has definitely helped. That and I have awesome support thanks to my friends, family, girlfriend, fraternity brothers, law school colleagues, etc.

Things get worse before they get better. When things get better, they go great. :lol: :p
Economic Left/Right: -3.88, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69 (centrist)
DERECON: 1 2 3 4 5

REST IN PEACE UNDERØATH 11/30/97-1/26/13
Pro: NATO, SEATO, ANZUS, EU, ROC, ROK, Japan, Israel, Russia, Turkey, India, gay rights, fiscal and social liberalism, Christianity, Judaism
Against: Iran, Pakistan, China, DPRK, Venezuela, racism, sexism, abortion, Islam, conservatism, military aggression

I'm a nihilistic Catholic. Yes, we do exist.

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Khodoristan wrote:I have chronic depression and social anxiety disorder. Struggled with it all through high school. When I went to college, I revamped everything. Started working out. Pledged a fraternity. Met my girlfriend. Changed my diet and stopped smoking. Went back to church and got right with the big man.

I'm on Trevilor which has definitely helped. That and I have awesome support thanks to my friends, family, girlfriend, fraternity brothers, law school colleagues, etc.

Things get worse before they get better. When things get better, they go great. :lol: :p

I'm getting more and more open to the idea of antidepressants. Simply because the overconsumption of alcohol and drugs has really, well, fucked up my life, more than it's made it better. And I feel like it's really... messed up my brain, to put it simply.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Khodoristan
Minister

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Khodoristan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Khodoristan wrote:I have chronic depression and social anxiety disorder. Struggled with it all through high school. When I went to college, I revamped everything. Started working out. Pledged a fraternity. Met my girlfriend. Changed my diet and stopped smoking. Went back to church and got right with the big man.

I'm getting more and more open to the idea of antidepressants. Simply because the overconsumption of alcohol and drugs has really, well, fucked up my life, more than it's made it better. And I feel like it's really... messed up my brain, to put it simply.

I feel a healthy dose of self-deprication and humor goes a long way. Especially with the meds. I often joke that 'Hey, I'm fucked in the head, but on the bright side, at least I have my head'. The little things, you know?
Last edited by Khodoristan on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -3.88, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69 (centrist)
DERECON: 1 2 3 4 5

REST IN PEACE UNDERØATH 11/30/97-1/26/13
Pro: NATO, SEATO, ANZUS, EU, ROC, ROK, Japan, Israel, Russia, Turkey, India, gay rights, fiscal and social liberalism, Christianity, Judaism
Against: Iran, Pakistan, China, DPRK, Venezuela, racism, sexism, abortion, Islam, conservatism, military aggression

I'm a nihilistic Catholic. Yes, we do exist.

Memeopulis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Memeopulis » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:11 pm

Who would have thought Transyl would make this thread? Good on ya I guess.

Anyway sob story time. I was bullied in 7th grade which really fucked me up. A couple years later, my parents made me go to therapy because I suddenly stopped being a great student and was getting into fights at school(I didn't get in trouble because I claimed self defense ;) ). So I went to a shrink and told them all about how I used to beat on a kid in elementary school, how I would shoplift the stupidest shit etc. That's when I was diagnosed with Conduct Disorder. As the years have gone by I've been able to curve my criminal tendencies but I still feel like I'm just gonna end up being diagnosed with ASPD. But I've come to terms with it. Progress wise I'm not nearly as aggressive as I once was(although I still have a long way to go), and I have been able to hold a steady job this summer.
Last edited by Memeopulis on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price."
-Sun Tzu

"A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything"
-Malcolm X

ISTP-A personality type
PRO: Decriminalizing narcotics, militarism, civil unions for homosexual couples, corporatism, strong central government, keeping religious views out of politics, the death penalty, civic nationalism, traditionalism, pro-life (with exceptions), free speech
ANTI: Religious fundamentalism, Individualism, Communism, SJWs, capitalism, materialism
20 year old straight American male

IC name is Calinova

THIS NATION DOES NOT USE NS STATS. READING FACTBOOKS IS GOOD FOR YOUR EYES.

Xanama
Senator

Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanama » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:58 pm

Have I left out anxiety?
Welllllllll, as a kid I had an active imagination, still do, though gory. When I'm alone, my anxiety starts, when I got in fights with friends, It starts, most end with me havingdreams where I kill them

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General