NATION

PASSWORD

U.S. 2016 Presidential Elections - Democrats' Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who would you support in the 2016 Democratic Primary?

Hillary Clinton
34%
Joe Biden
4%
Martin O'Malley
9%
Elizabeth Warren
9%
Bernie Sanders
31%
Kirsten Gillibrand
2%
Mark Warner
No votes
Amy Klobuchar
No votes
Andrew Cuomo
2%
Other
9%

Total votes : 98

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Preferably, Chafee, but I'll go Hillary.

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Kelinfort wrote:Preferably, Chafee, but I'll go Hillary.

Go Jim Webb. He's supportive of gun rights.
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:47 pm

The Liberated Territories wrote:

Well, it's one issue. I love his stance on drugs, too, but I'm being realistic.

Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Kelinfort wrote:

Well, it's one issue. I love his stance on drugs, too, but I'm being realistic.

My realistic expectations of Hillary will be she'll become Obama 2.0 along with the personality antics of good old Bill.

Yes, I am back(ish)

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Webb can take it. Honestly, a Paul vs Webb match up would get out the vote. Bush vs Clinton would sink it.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

United Russian Soviet States
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian Soviet States » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:53 pm

I thought you were center-right. :o
This nation does not represent my views.
I stand with Rand.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
:Member of the United National Group:

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Delkora wrote:
Republic of Coldwater wrote:If they can magically field a Democrat like Calhoun (minus the racism), or Cleveland, they have my full support.

Yes, they should run an upstanding man like John C. Calhoun, who supported slavery and secession. Or Grover Cleveland, who stood in the way of voting rights and advocated imperialism.

If you're looking for candidates like this, you need look no further than the Republican Party.

Minus the racism. Cleveland because of his support for laissez-faire. I do not agree with everything they did, but their support for limited government can be utilized today.

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:01 pm

Republic of Coldwater wrote:
Delkora wrote:
Yes, they should run an upstanding man like John C. Calhoun, who supported slavery and secession. Or Grover Cleveland, who stood in the way of voting rights and advocated imperialism.

If you're looking for candidates like this, you need look no further than the Republican Party.

Minus the racism. Cleveland because of his support for laissez-faire. I do not agree with everything they did, but their support for limited government can be utilized today.

Limited government except for the whole "authoritarian government that endorsed racial superiority and slavery" thing. Right?

muh liberty
Last edited by Atlanticatia on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Pros: social democracy, LGBT+ rights, pro-choice, free education and health care, environmentalism, Nordic model, secularism, welfare state, multiculturalism
Cons: social conservatism, neoliberalism, hate speech, racism, sexism, 'right-to-work' laws, religious fundamentalism
i'm a dual american-new zealander previously lived in the northeast US, now living in new zealand. university student.
Social Democrat and Progressive.
Hanna Nilsen, Leader of the SDP. Equality, Prosperity, and Opportunity: The Social Democratic Party

Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Atlanticatia wrote:
Republic of Coldwater wrote:Minus the racism. Cleveland because of his support for laissez-faire. I do not agree with everything they did, but their support for limited government can be utilized today.

Limited government except for the whole "authoritarian government that endorsed racial superiority and slavery" thing. Right?

muh liberty

Cleveland's government never endorsed slavery, but he never did anything to oppose it either (actually, he took office after the emancipation, whereas he was indifferent to the current plight), if you are looking for a failing. He did throw support over to the Native Americans by reforming land grants on an individual basis, however.

To Coldwater:

I found this letter to Cleveland by American anarcho-individualist Lysander Spooner online, which, Spooner being a huge influential predecessor to libertarianism, very interesting. Whether or not Spooner influenced Cleveland could be debated, but it is of merit: http://lysanderspooner.org/LetterToGroverCleveland.htm
Last edited by The Liberated Territories on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, I am back(ish)

Republic of Coldwater
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Coldwater » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Atlanticatia wrote:
Republic of Coldwater wrote:Minus the racism. Cleveland because of his support for laissez-faire. I do not agree with everything they did, but their support for limited government can be utilized today.

muh liberty

Indeed, minus the authoritarian aspect which endorsed racism.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:18 pm

United Russian Soviet States wrote:I hope the Democrats self destruct.

Why? So republicans can take our rights away? Yeah, fuck that.

United Russian Soviet States
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian Soviet States » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:24 pm

Othelos wrote:
United Russian Soviet States wrote:I hope the Democrats self destruct.

Why? So republicans can take our rights away? Yeah, fuck that.

The Democratic Party is very stupid. The GOP will not take your natural rights away.
This nation does not represent my views.
I stand with Rand.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
:Member of the United National Group:

Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:31 pm

United Russian Soviet States wrote:
Othelos wrote:Why? So republicans can take our rights away? Yeah, fuck that.

The Democratic Party is very stupid. The GOP will not take your natural rights away.

Yes they would. Why the hell are they against gay marriage and abortion if they wouldn't?

Yes, I am back(ish)

Willamette Valley
Attaché

Founded: Apr 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Willamette Valley » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Republic of Coldwater wrote:If they can magically field a Democrat like Calhoun (minus the racism), or Cleveland, they have my full support.

It would be entirely anachronistic for such a candidate to appear in the Democratic Party, short of some kind of major realignment.
Last edited by Willamette Valley on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The first man who, having fenced in a piece of land, said "This is mine," and found people naïve enough to believe him, that man was the true founder of civil society. From how many crimes, wars, and murders, from how many horrors and misfortunes might not any one have saved mankind, by pulling up the stakes, or filling up the ditch, and crying to his fellows: Beware of listening to this impostor; you are undone if you once forget that the fruits of the earth belong to us all, and the earth itself to nobody”

— Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:12 pm

United Russian Soviet States wrote:
Othelos wrote:Why? So republicans can take our rights away? Yeah, fuck that.

Let's see:

- Republicans want to stop me from being with the person I love, or from being comfortable with myself.
- Republicans want to manage my reproduction. Yes, I read about that bill in alabama.
- Republicans want to marginalize minorities, which would cause us to lose our voice, and subsequently representation in society.
- Republicans want to marginalize nonreligious people, so that we are seen as immoral, which leads to prejudice, bigotry, and other problems.
- Republicans want to stop me from being able to decide what I put into my body or not.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:24 pm

New Werpland wrote:Hillary, because she's going to be a big advantage over the Republicans and I'm not taking a chance while the Kochs raise 500 million or whatever.

And the pot gazed upon the kettle and dubbed it black.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Othelos wrote:
United Russian Soviet States wrote:The Democratic Party is very stupid. The GOP will not take your natural rights away.

Let's see:

- Republicans want to stop me from being with the person I love, or from being comfortable with myself.
- Republicans want to manage my reproduction. Yes, I read about that bill in alabama.
- Republicans want to marginalize minorities, which would cause us to lose our voice, and subsequently representation in society.
- Republicans want to marginalize nonreligious people, so that we are seen as immoral, which leads to prejudice, bigotry, and other problems.
- Republicans want to stop me from being able to decide what I put into my body or not.

-some
-some
-blatantly false
-only the hard right, but Dems are no better
- generally speaking the Repubs are actually far better in this area than Democracts

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:28 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
New Werpland wrote:Hillary, because she's going to be a big advantage over the Republicans and I'm not taking a chance while the Kochs raise 500 million or whatever.

And the kettle said the pot has some boiling water inside of it.

Politicians are politicians, the best way to get something done would be for the whole nation to unanimously elect Spodermen as president.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:30 pm

Look here use the 2008 election as an example Obama was no body from Chicago and then *clicks fingers* he's president. I don't want another nobody winning again in which I mean find someone with a good political base of experience if I had to choose anyone from the democrats I'd choose Hillary even though I'm a moderate republican. Because she has the most experience with foreign and domestic policy even more then Obama.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:30 pm

United Russian Soviet States wrote:The Democratic Party is very stupid. The GOP will not take your natural rights away.

Yes they would. Why the hell are they against gay marriage and abortion if they wouldn't?

Well I suppose you'd first have to prove Marriage and Abortion are "natural rights"

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:32 pm

Spoder wrote:

And the kettle said the pot has some boiling water inside of it.

Politicians are politicians, the best way to get something done would be for the whole nation to unanimously elect Spodermen as president.

Spoderman supporters hate america. True patriots support Dolan/Gooby

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:34 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:Look here use the 2008 election as an example Obama was no body from Chicago and then *clicks fingers* he's president. I don't want another nobody winning again in which I mean find someone with a good political base of experience if I had to choose anyone from the democrats I'd choose Hillary even though I'm a moderate republican. Because she has the most experience with foreign and domestic policy even more then Obama.

That's like saying she's a dwarf among midgets.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Othelos wrote:Let's see:

-some

Yeah, look at the platform.
-some

platform
-blatantly false

really? Cause it's not like they're very inclusive.
-only the hard right, but Dems are no better

I guess to some degree, but I haven't heard of many democrats using "this is a christian nation" rhetoric. Correct me if I'm wrong.
- generally speaking the Repubs are actually far better in this area than Democracts

I was talking about drug legalization, which dems are the only ones I've seen actually do anything meaningful towards. If you meant that stupid soda size drink thing, that doesn't count because you can still get soda.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:36 pm

Spoder wrote:And the kettle said the pot has some boiling water inside of it.

Nah if you want a real person in office just vote Max Berry in as president his VP I don't know who. :p
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Spoder wrote:And the kettle said the pot has some boiling water inside of it.

Well, the fictional character doesn't matter as much as the act.

We need to find a champion. A Harvey Dent. Somebody the whole nation can look up to...

...Image
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General