NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread V

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your denomination?

Roman Catholic
32%
Eastern Orthodox
7%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East , etc.)
1%
Anglican/Episcopalian
6%
Methodist
4%
Lutheran or Reformed (including Calvinist, Presbyterian, etc.)
10%
Baptist
11%
Other Evangelical Protestant (Pentecostal, non-denominational, etc.)
13%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
4%
Other Christian
12%

Total votes : 769

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:
The same is true of Jesus.

*nods*

To a degree, yes. But it's not Christ or His words changing, it's how people choose to perceive Him.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Gim
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Gim wrote:
Well, that's what Christians think. They believe Satan supported the existence of Santa Claus to divert attention away from the celebration of Jesus Christ, hence Santa sounding similar to Satan.

...I don't think that is the reason, and no, not even the majority of Christians think that the character of Santa is actually Satan.

So, you don't think Satan is controlling the minds of humans to make Santa the main figure in Christmas? Satan does anything to be against Jesus Christ, who is God. Santa is not Satan himself, but his prominence can clearly be attributed to Satan.
All You Need to Know about Gim
Male, 17, Protestant Christian, British

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Gim wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
This thread in a nutshell:

And that is judging, which God does not support.

Define "judging".
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Gim wrote:
And that is judging, which God does not support.

Define "judging".

If you read the Bible, you'll see that God does not support it. :)

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Gim wrote:So, you don't think Satan is controlling the minds of humans to make Santa the main figure in Christmas? Satan does anything to be against Jesus Christ, who is God. Santa is not Satan himself, but his prominence can clearly be attributed to Satan.

Unless I've misplaced my tinfoil hat somewhere no, I don't believe that nor does anyone I know.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Winnopolis wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Let it Go. It's okay.

I have. I guess that's the mature approach. To not deal with these kids. I won't stoop down to their level and use mockery as an argument.

It just hurts me (and makes me teary-eyed) seeing people who mock Jesus.

Ooohh, you have no Idea...
But yeah, it happens, it's fine. We need to realize that all of us are not entitled to anything/any more special than others. And in the end, just letting it slide or even laughing it off is the mature thing to do.

It's all good.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Gim wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Define "judging".

If you read the Bible, you'll see that God does not support it. :)

Support what? Define what Judging is.

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Gim wrote:So, you don't think Satan is controlling the minds of humans to make Santa the main figure in Christmas? Satan does anything to be against Jesus Christ, who is God. Santa is not Satan himself, but his prominence can clearly be attributed to Satan.

Unless I've misplaced my tinfoil hat somewhere no, I don't believe that nor does anyone I know.

So, you're basically saying Satan is not against Jesus Christ? Okay. I don't know what your denomination is, but I...can't even find a word for this. :)

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Gim wrote:Well, that's what Christians think. They believe Satan supported the existence of Santa Claus to divert attention away from the celebration of Jesus Christ, hence Santa sounding similar to Satan.

What the fuck?

What kind of Christians do you live with?

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:35 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Gim wrote:Well, that's what Christians think. They believe Satan supported the existence of Santa Claus to divert attention away from the celebration of Jesus Christ, hence Santa sounding similar to Satan.

What the fuck?

I'm not saying I think that is true. I'm saying that is what I hear. I'm still hesitant about this, because people I know think this is true, yet my mind says the opposite.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Gim wrote:
Jochistan wrote:What the fuck?

I'm not saying I think that is true. I'm saying that is what I hear. I'm still hesitant about this, because people I know think this is true,

not even my Pentecostal relatives believe stuff like that.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:39 pm

Constantinopolis wrote:You know, I wish Saint Nicholas could join this thread right now...

Which version ? The one accompanied by black slaves, the one accompanied by reindeer and elves or the one accompanied by sexdemons ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Gim wrote:
I'm not saying I think that is true. I'm saying that is what I hear. I'm still hesitant about this, because people I know think this is true,

not even my Pentecostal relatives believe stuff like that.

Blame my pastor in a small church I used to go to. :p

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:42 pm

Gim wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

...I don't think that is the reason, and no, not even the majority of Christians think that the character of Santa is actually Satan.

So, you don't think Satan is controlling the minds of humans to make Santa the main figure in Christmas? Satan does anything to be against Jesus Christ, who is God. Santa is not Satan himself, but his prominence can clearly be attributed to Satan.

What the hell?!

No, nobody here in this thread actually believes that. I mean, we got the resident Messianic Jew who believes Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy are bullshit because they adopted pagan traditions, but no.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:42 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Constantinopolis wrote:You know, I wish Saint Nicholas could join this thread right now...

Which version ? The one accompanied by black slaves, the one accompanied by reindeer and elves or the one accompanied by sexdemons ?

Damn. you could circumcise a crocodile with that edge.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:42 pm

Gim wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

So, you're basically saying Satan is not against Jesus Christ? Okay. I don't know what your denomination is, but I...can't even find a word for this. :)

Because I don't believe that Santa is Satan, that means I don't think Satan is against Christ?

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:

What the hell?!

No, nobody here in this thread actually believes that. I mean, we got the resident Messianic Jew who believes Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy are bullshit because they adopted pagan traditions, but no.

Well, Satan on Jesus' side? I doubt he is... :eyebrow:

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:44 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:

More like the actual version of Saint Nicholas:

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:44 pm

Gim wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

There's many ways to interpret Satan...

In Job, for instance, he isn't seen as an adversary of God but an adversary against humanity; kind of like a prosecutor who is telling God that we're evil and we don't deserve any mercy.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:45 pm

Gim wrote:
What the hell?!

Well, Satan on Jesus' side? I doubt he is... :eyebrow:

I don't think most people here actually believe Satan has power over the minds of humans...

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:46 pm

Jochistan wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

Damn. you could circumcise a crocodile with that edge.

I live in the Netherlands. The Black Petes have been kind of a hot and controversial topic for the past few years ;)
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:48 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Jochistan wrote:Damn. you could circumcise a crocodile with that edge.

I live in the Netherlands. The Black Petes have been kind of a hot and controversial topic for the past few years ;)

And we were talking about the actual Saint Nicholas. The heretic-punching one :P

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

And we were talking about the actual Saint Nicholas. The heretic-punching one :P

And also the patron saint of whores, drunkards and the country of Greece ;) ?

Gim
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gim » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Gim wrote:

There's many ways to interpret Satan...

In Job, for instance, he isn't seen as an adversary of God but an adversary against humanity; kind of like a prosecutor who is telling God that we're evil and we don't deserve any mercy.

I'm pretty sure God used Satan to test Job, thereby making him a righteous person. Just because God and Satan talked together doesn't mean they're friends. :roll:

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:51 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

And also the patron saint of whores, drunkards and the country of Greece ;) ?

Well, someone's gotta be :P

P.S Happy 10000th post. :P
Last edited by Salus Maior on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General