NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread V

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your denomination?

Roman Catholic
32%
Eastern Orthodox
7%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East , etc.)
1%
Anglican/Episcopalian
6%
Methodist
4%
Lutheran or Reformed (including Calvinist, Presbyterian, etc.)
10%
Baptist
11%
Other Evangelical Protestant (Pentecostal, non-denominational, etc.)
13%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
4%
Other Christian
12%

Total votes : 769

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Sun May 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Menassa wrote:Only talk to Herk, and Tarsonis, and the myriad of others to realize what effect Paul had on Christianity. You still have not answered many things presented to you, in winning the hearts and mines of Jews and Christians over to your particular flavor of Christianity here on NS you do not seem to be doing as well as the Apostles.

The mines of Jews and Christians? Is that like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

Similar, but they reject the book of Armaments as Cannon.

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Menassa wrote:Only talk to Herk, and Tarsonis, and the myriad of others to realize what effect Paul had on Christianity. You still have not answered many things presented to you, in winning the hearts and mines of Jews and Christians over to your particular flavor of Christianity here on NS you do not seem to be doing as well as the Apostles.

Do not suppose that I have to bring peace here. I do not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Not that I would ever tell you how to evangelize but randomly quoting scripture with no argument isn't the way to go friend.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun May 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Conscentia wrote:Is that just because he disagrees with you?

Perhaps I picked up on the anti Meesianic tone of a certain someone after i was the directly questioned as soon as I came here?

I think it probably happened as soon as you (incorrectly) started calling everything Pagan in a way that would make a 15th century Spaniard blush.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun May 03, 2015 7:42 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

Do not suppose that I have to bring peace here. I do not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Your sword is rusty and without edge.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Sun May 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:Perhaps I picked up on the anti Meesianic tone of a certain someone after i was the directly questioned as soon as I came here?

I think it probably happened as soon as you (incorrectly) started calling everything Pagan in a way that would make a 15th century Spaniard blush.

No one expects the Efraim-Judah inquisition!
"If you love me, you will keep my commandments" John 14:15

Blessed be He,who in His holiness gave The Torah to His people, Israel.

.יהודי שמאמין בישוע , נשאר יהודי

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun May 03, 2015 7:44 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

No one expects the Efraim-Judah inquisition!

No one wants it either.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Sun May 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Menassa wrote:

The mines of Jews and Christians? Is that like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

Similar, but they reject the book of Armaments as Cannon.

Efraim-Judah wrote:

Not that I would ever tell you how to evangelize but randomly quoting scripture with no argument isn't the way to go friend.

Why should one be made to cater to pagan teachings?

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Sun May 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:No one expects the Efraim-Judah inquisition!

No one wants it either.

Well I suppose that's a good thing then.

Menassa
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Sun May 03, 2015 7:46 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Menassa wrote:Similar, but they reject the book of Armaments as Cannon.

If its pagan to cite Scripture without reason than call the Talmud pagan.
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Sun May 03, 2015 7:48 pm

Menassa wrote:
Efraim-Judah wrote:Why should one be made to cater to pagan teachings?

If its pagan to cite Scripture without reason than call the Talmud pagan.
I was referring to the vast majority of "Christians" on here who hold pagan beliefs. They do not uphold the teachings of Paul or their Messiah.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun May 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Menassa wrote:If its pagan to cite Scripture without reason than call the Talmud pagan.
I was referring to the vast majority of "Christians" on here who hold pagan beliefs. They do not uphold the teachings of Paul or their Messiah.

:roll: right

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun May 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Menassa wrote:Similar, but they reject the book of Armaments as Cannon.

And I thought you wanted to be like Paul.

Menassa
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Sun May 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Menassa wrote:If its pagan to cite Scripture without reason than call the Talmud pagan.

I'm going to let you and Tarsonis duke it out until you can't respond and eventually leave.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun May 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Menassa wrote:
Efraim-Judah wrote: I was referring to the vast majority of "Christians" on here who hold pagan beliefs. They do not uphold the teachings of Paul or their Messiah.

I'm going to let you and Tarsonis duke it out until you can't respond and eventually leave.

Damn, that was going to be my plan.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Sun May 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:Why should one be made to cater to pagan teachings?

Paul never catered to pagan teachings! He upheld the law!

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Sun May 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Menassa wrote:
Efraim-Judah wrote: I was referring to the vast majority of "Christians" on here who hold pagan beliefs. They do not uphold the teachings of Paul or their Messiah.

I have many duties and obligations that keep me from posting as often as I would like to.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun May 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

Paul never catered to pagan teachings! He upheld the law!

Not according to Paul

20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though I myself am not under the law) so that I might win those under the law. 21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law) so that I might win those outside the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, so that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that I might by all means save some. 23 I do it all for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings.

Menassa
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Sun May 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Menassa wrote:I'm going to let you and Tarsonis duke it out until you can't respond and eventually leave.

I have many duties and obligations that keep me from posting as often as I would like to.

As do I, but I usually respond to everything left unanswered when I return.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun May 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Menassa wrote:I'm going to let you and Tarsonis duke it out until you can't respond and eventually leave.

if you say so.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Sun May 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:Paul never catered to pagan teachings! He upheld the law!

Not according to Paul

20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though I myself am not under the law) so that I might win those under the law. 21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law) so that I might win those outside the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, so that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that I might by all means save some. 23 I do it all for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings.

This doesnt mean he has made himself pagan in order to win over pagans.

Menassa
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Sun May 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Not according to Paul

That is in fact, exactly what I mean.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Sun May 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Menassa wrote:
Efraim-Judah wrote:This doesnt mean he has made himself pagan in order to win over pagans.

That is in fact, exactly what I mean.

To what are you referring?

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun May 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Not according to Paul

.....that's exactly what it means. "I became as one outside the law, So that I might win those outside the law". He made himself like pagans. He catered to paganism.

You are not making yourself like pagans and taking great pride and boasting in not doing so. Thus you are not like Paul, and I'm pretty sure Paul said to be like him.
Last edited by Tarsonis Survivors on Sun May 03, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Menassa
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Sun May 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Menassa wrote:That is in fact, exactly what I mean.

To what are you referring?

He becomes 'all' things to 'all' people.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Sun May 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Menassa wrote:
Efraim-Judah wrote:To what are you referring?

He becomes 'all' things to 'all' people.

that was easy.

Menassa
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Menassa » Sun May 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Menassa wrote:He becomes 'all' things to 'all' people.

that was easy.

Poof, he's gone.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General