NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread V

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your denomination?

Roman Catholic
32%
Eastern Orthodox
7%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East , etc.)
1%
Anglican/Episcopalian
6%
Methodist
4%
Lutheran or Reformed (including Calvinist, Presbyterian, etc.)
10%
Baptist
11%
Other Evangelical Protestant (Pentecostal, non-denominational, etc.)
13%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
4%
Other Christian
12%

Total votes : 769

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:07 pm

Nordengrund wrote:
Efraim-Judah wrote:PAGAN!

I wouldn't say Mormons are as bad as the normal protestant and "high Churches" though.

Well Mormons believe that God was once human and served another god before ascending into Godhood. Protestants believe that God has always been God and has always been all powerful.

I'm not sure if you are lumping Mormons with Protestants. They're their own thing really.

That's not quite right. It's not wrong, but it's over simplified.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:07 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Efraim-Judah wrote:PAGAN!

I wouldn't say Mormons are as bad as the normal protestant and "high Churches" though.

1. Mormonism is a "High Church"

2. The Mormon's believe that there are many Gods and one super God they dub the Heavenly Father. They believe that Heavenly Father, was unknowable to human kind before Jesus' redemption act. And they believe that YHWH is Jesus. That the Burning Bush was Jesus talking to Moses, that Jesus made the covenant with Moses. They also believe that Mormons who are married and righteous will inherit the Celestial Kingdom, where they get to be in the presence of Jesus and The Heavenly Father, and that they too will be given a planet to be a God over.

By High Church I mean the Roman Catholic and Orthodox varieties.

Unfamiliar beliefs beget Unfamiliar beliefs.
"If you love me, you will keep my commandments" John 14:15

Blessed be He,who in His holiness gave The Torah to His people, Israel.

.יהודי שמאמין בישוע , נשאר יהודי

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:09 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
1. Mormonism is a "High Church"

2. The Mormon's believe that there are many Gods and one super God they dub the Heavenly Father. They believe that Heavenly Father, was unknowable to human kind before Jesus' redemption act. And they believe that YHWH is Jesus. That the Burning Bush was Jesus talking to Moses, that Jesus made the covenant with Moses. They also believe that Mormons who are married and righteous will inherit the Celestial Kingdom, where they get to be in the presence of Jesus and The Heavenly Father, and that they too will be given a planet to be a God over.

By High Church I mean the Roman Catholic and Orthodox varieties.

Well, as this charge has been leveled at you repeatedly, how bout you research so you know what the fuck you're talking about.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:By High Church I mean the Roman Catholic and Orthodox varieties.

Well, as this charge has been leveled at you repeatedly, how bout you research so you know what the fuck you're talking about.

“Thus says Adonai , Do not learn the ways of the heathen”

Paganism is wrong.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

“Thus says Adonai , Do not learn the ways of the heathen”

Paganism is wrong.

Thank you for admitting you have no idea what you're talking about. Now we can move on and no longer consider what you post relevant.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:18 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote: “Thus says Adonai , Do not learn the ways of the heathen”

Paganism is wrong.

Thank you for admitting you have no idea what you're talking about. Now we can move on and no longer consider what you post relevant.

I would say the vast majority of Christianity has adopted Pagan practices. Why do they do that? Messiah didn't do those things.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

I would say the vast majority of Christianity has adopted Pagan practices. Why do they do that? Messiah didn't do those things.

Except you don't actually know what it is you're talking about. and when it has been suggested that you learn, you're response is a general refusal to do so. So your question isn't even valid, because it's based in a premise of ignorance. And no matter how many times it's explained to you, you refuse to retain or comprehend what is being explained to you. If you want to contribute to this conversation effectively, EDUCATE YOURSELF, on what it is you're talking about. You have to comprehend an opposing argument, before you can adequately begin to refute it.

But whom I kidding, this is the internet.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:I would say the vast majority of Christianity has adopted Pagan practices. Why do they do that? Messiah didn't do those things.

Except you don't actually know what it is you're talking about. and when it has been suggested that you learn, you're response is a general refusal to do so. So your question isn't even valid, because it's based in a premise of ignorance. And no matter how many times it's explained to you, you refuse to retain or comprehend what is being explained to you. If you want to contribute to this conversation effectively, EDUCATE YOURSELF, on what it is you're talking about. You have to comprehend an opposing argument, before you can adequately begin to refute it.

I already have shown that Easter, Christmas, and the Trinity are pagan.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:31 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:32 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

You cannot prove Christians are uneducated country bumpkins now if you were to accuse them of polytheism that would be one thing since that has a history of happening. Since Pagan is undefinably vague it reverts back to the term paganus which doesn't mean what you would like to think it means.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:33 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote: “Thus says Adonai , Do not learn the ways of the heathen”

Paganism is wrong.

Not only irrelevant, but they cannot seem to grasp the concept of it.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

No you haven't you've claimed that they're pagan, and used notably biased, false and unreliable evidence in an attempt to support your claim. When those of us, who actually do know the subject material, have explained how there is no credible link between Christianity and Paganism, you're response has essentially been: "NUH UH YOURE WRONG! I'M RIGHT PAGAN PAGAN PAGAN!"

And now that you've been called out, you've signed off, and in a few days you will return spouting the same bullshit, as if none of this ever happened.
Last edited by Tarsonis Survivors on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:I already have shown that Easter, Christmas, and the Trinity are pagan.

No you haven't you've claimed that they're pagan, and used notably biased, false and unreliable evidence in an attempt to support your claim. When those of us, who actually do know the subject material, have explained how there is no credible link between Christianity and Paganism, you're response has essentially been: "NUH UH YOURE WRONG! I'M RIGHT PAGAN PAGAN PAGAN!"

And now that you've been called out, you've signed off, and in a few days you will return spouting the same bullshit, as if none of this ever happened.

I'm still here :unsure:

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

EH it said you had logged out. That has been, however, your behavior in the past.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

For now.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:43 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:I'm still here :unsure:

EH it said you had logged out. That has been, however, your behavior in the past.

Yeshua wasn't even born on Christmas, he was born on Sukkot. Christmas isn't anywhere in Torah.
Yeshua wasn't resurrected on Easter, he was resurrected 3 days after Pesach.
Last edited by Efraim-Judah on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Benuty wrote:
Efraim-Judah wrote:I'm still here :unsure:

For now.

I do need to leave soon.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

Yeshua wasn't even born on Christmas, he was born on Sukkot. Christmas isn't anywhere in Torah.

Neither are several Jewish festivities.

If you want to stick strictly to the first five books I suggest you adopt Samaritanism. Atleast then it would make more sense, and you wouldn't have to worry about serving two masters.

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Benuty wrote:
Efraim-Judah wrote:Yeshua wasn't even born on Christmas, he was born on Sukkot. Christmas isn't anywhere in Torah.

Neither are several Jewish festivities.

If you want to stick strictly to the first five books I suggest you adopt Samaritanism. Atleast then it would make more sense, and you wouldn't have to worry about serving two masters.

But thy do appear in the Tanakh

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Benuty wrote:Neither are several Jewish festivities.

But thy do appear in the Tanakh

Yet you were contextually referring to the Torah not the entirety of the Tanach.

So again why not join Samaritanism?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritans

Efraim-Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Efraim-Judah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:52 pm

Benuty wrote:
Efraim-Judah wrote:But thy do appear in the Tanakh

Yet you were contextually referring to the Torah not the entirety of the Tanach.

Torah can be used to rfer to the whole thing. Torah means instruction. The whole Tanakh is instructions.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:
Benuty wrote:Yet you were contextually referring to the Torah not the entirety of the Tanach.

Torah can be used to rfer to the whole thing. Torah means instruction. The whole Tanakh is instructions.

I wouldn't call the Nevi'im (Prophets), and the Ketuvim (writings) instructions necessarily since it requires more than the Tanach itself to describe the instructions (unless you are a Karaite). The keyword here being can when it comes to the context of how you used it.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:

A. We've shown how you're claim of Sukkot is not in anyway substantiated, but hinges on an assumption based on a misinterpretation of what the word Manger means. (There wasn't any Inn, Peter and Mary most likely stayed in at a relatives house, and he was placed in a feeding trough, not a "booth".

B. No body is actually sure of Jesus' birthday as birthday's weren't even celebrated in the ANE (short of the coming of age). December is an estimate based on prophetic theory that Prophets and Kings die either on the anniversary of their birth, (So Jesus was born on Passover) or on the anniversy of their conception, which would place his birth in December.

C. You're right, Christmas isn't in the Torah, as the Torah was composed hundreds if not thousands of years before Jesus was born. Now in the Gospel, the birth is mentioned, but there is no specific date ascribed to his birth, the closest we get is a year based off the census, which is itself an estimate.

D. No Yeshua wasn't resurrected on Easter. He was resurected 3 days after the passover. Tradition he was killed on friday, was still dead on saturday, and then rose on Sunday. This became known as Pascha, (The New Passover). Easter was actually derived fromof a word in proto-germanic for the month April: Ēosturmōnaþ, which coincides with the Paschal month. Thus the Germans called it Easter. It's no more pagan than Calling Jesus, Christ instead of Messiah. It's the same word in a different language.

The united states of Saints
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The united states of Saints » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Efraim-Judah wrote:Yeshua wasn't even born on Christmas, he was born on Sukkot. Christmas isn't anywhere in Torah.

A. We've shown how you're claim of Sukkot is not in anyway substantiated, but hinges on an assumption based on a misinterpretation of what the word Manger means. (There wasn't any Inn, Peter and Mary most likely stayed in at a relatives house, and he was placed in a feeding trough, not a "booth".

B. No body is actually sure of Jesus' birthday as birthday's weren't even celebrated in the ANE (short of the coming of age). December is an estimate based on prophetic theory that Prophets and Kings die either on the anniversary of their birth, (So Jesus was born on Passover) or on the anniversy of their conception, which would place his birth in December.

C. You're right, Christmas isn't in the Torah, as the Torah was composed hundreds if not thousands of years before Jesus was born. Now in the Gospel, the birth is mentioned, but there is no specific date ascribed to his birth, the closest we get is a year based off the census, which is itself an estimate.

D. No Yeshua wasn't resurrected on Easter. He was resurected 3 days after the passover. Tradition he was killed on friday, was still dead on saturday, and then rose on Sunday. This became known as Pascha, (The New Passover). Easter was actually derived fromof a word in proto-germanic for the month April: Ēosturmōnaþ, which coincides with the Paschal month. Thus the Germans called it Easter. It's no more pagan than Calling Jesus, Christ instead of Messiah. It's the same word in a different language.

If that doesn't get through to him....
I'm 17, male, a Charismatic Christian, a good powerlifter, junior in high school, and a very very new competitive Pokemon trainer (rookie basically in competitive battles). Friend code is 1736-1854-7919. Send me a Telegram if you want to battle.
Introduced to NS Sports in World Bowl XXIX
Achievements
World Bowl XXIX: 3rd

"Show me your friends and I'll show you your future."

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Last edited by Othelos on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General