NATION

PASSWORD

NHL Playoffs Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is your prediction to win the Stanley Cup?

Chicago Blackhawks
52%
Tampa Bay Lightning
48%

Total votes : 21

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 7:30 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:Minnesota's run comes to an end.

The bleakness I mentioned earlier continues, but I know one person who's potentially happy about it.

Lemme cry again.

Again? What was the first time?

EDIT: Poll and OP updated.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Fri May 08, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Fri May 08, 2015 7:32 am

3 seasons in a row we get demolished by the Hawks. D:

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Fri May 08, 2015 7:53 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:
Lemme cry again.

Again? What was the first time?

I'm a Sens fan.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Again? What was the first time?

I'm a Sens fan.

Ah.
Caps can finish off NYR tonight. They haven't been that good at doing that last few years.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Thompson island
Attaché

Founded: Dec 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Thompson island » Fri May 08, 2015 4:25 pm

Ykrovjnge Krjvwic wrote:
Thompson island wrote:only thing im saying is blackhawks will win the cup, because blackhawks + epicness x one bajillion. that is a scientific fact.

Yeah, nope. Wild totally win the cup this year: Parise getting hat-tricks five-hole each game, finishing off the Hawks and sweeping all following series. That's 33 five-holed goals. That is scientific fact. *nods*

I hope I did the math right, I hope I did the math right...

you were saying as the blackhawks beat the wild 4-3 in regulation? with an epic goal by Marian Hossa? stupid move on your part buddyy

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 4:40 pm

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:3 seasons in a row we get demolished by the Hawks. D:

I feel your pain. The Canucks lost three seasons in a row in the first round to three different teams. There was a three-year run a few years back where Vancouver lost three times in a row to the eventual Stanley Cup champions.
2010: lose to Hawks in CSF, Hawks win Cup
2011: lose to Bruins in SCF
2012: lose to Kings in CQF, Kings win cup
Co-Author of SC #204

Yossarian Herr
Attaché

Founded: Aug 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yossarian Herr » Fri May 08, 2015 6:59 pm

God this game is killing me. Rangers scored in the last 2 or so minutes to tie it up (and I hit myself repeatedly in the head) now it's overtime. No smiley is sufficient for how I feel.

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo! At least they've still got 2 potential games to win it.
Last edited by Yossarian Herr on Fri May 08, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ik ben geen Nederlander (of Vlaming). Probably obvious since my Dutch sucks.
Mourning the Washington Capitals' Stanley Cup dreams

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Yossarian Herr wrote:God this game is killing me. Rangers scored in the last 2 or so minutes to tie it up (and I hit myself repeatedly in the head) now it's overtime. No smiley is sufficient for how I feel.

And the Rangers won the game.
Co-Author of SC #204

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Fri May 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Yossarian Herr wrote:God this game is killing me. Rangers scored in the last 2 or so minutes to tie it up (and I hit myself repeatedly in the head) now it's overtime. No smiley is sufficient for how I feel.

McD just scored for you guys.

On to Game 6.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri May 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:

On to Game 6.

And Calgary's beating Anaheim >:(

EDIT: I don't think Yossarian's a Rangers fan :roll:
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Fri May 08, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Co-Author of SC #204

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Fri May 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

On to Game 6.

And Calgary's beating Anaheim >:(

EDIT: I don't think Yossarian's a Rangers fan :roll:

That's what I get for skimming while multitasking. :lol:

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Ykrovjnge Krjvwic
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ykrovjnge Krjvwic » Fri May 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Thompson island wrote:
Ykrovjnge Krjvwic wrote:Yeah, nope. Wild totally win the cup this year: Parise getting hat-tricks five-hole each game, finishing off the Hawks and sweeping all following series. That's 33 five-holed goals. That is scientific fact. *nods*

I hope I did the math right, I hope I did the math right...

you were saying as the blackhawks beat the wild 4-3 in regulation? with an epic goal by Marian Hossa? stupid move on your part buddyy

The sarcasm has clearly gone straight over your head, buddy. :roll:

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Fri May 08, 2015 9:33 pm

And the Ducks win.

The last chances Canada has at taking home the cup may be seeing their seasons coming to an end Sunday.

Thompson island
Attaché

Founded: Dec 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Thompson island » Fri May 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Ykrovjnge Krjvwic wrote:
Thompson island wrote: you were saying as the blackhawks beat the wild 4-3 in regulation? with an epic goal by Marian Hossa? stupid move on your part buddyy

The sarcasm has clearly gone straight over your head, buddy. :roll:

sarcasm doesn't work well on the internet

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Thompson island wrote:
Ykrovjnge Krjvwic wrote:The sarcasm has clearly gone straight over your head, buddy. :roll:

sarcasm doesn't work well on the internet

If you didn't pick that up as being facetious then I doubt a face-to-face would have changed anything.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat May 09, 2015 10:27 am

Ganos Lao wrote:And the Ducks win.

The last chances Canada has at taking home the cup may be seeing their seasons coming to an end Sunday.

When Calgary has won one game in Anaheim in the past eleven years, and they now have to win two there, I'd say they're done :p
Co-Author of SC #204

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat May 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:

When Calgary has won one game in Anaheim in the past eleven years, and they now have to win two there, I'd say they're done :p

At least Montreal looks to be hanging on. :lol:

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat May 09, 2015 7:53 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:When Calgary has won one game in Anaheim in the past eleven years, and they now have to win two there, I'd say they're done :p

Pacioretty :)
Co-Author of SC #204

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Sat May 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

Pacioretty :)

Bishop'll avenge us! Hear me and quake mortals!

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun May 10, 2015 8:55 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Pacioretty :)

Bishop'll avenge us! Hear me and quake mortals!

If Montreal wins Game 6, I've got a feeling they'll be able to get Game 7 too.

*knock on wood*
Co-Author of SC #204

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun May 10, 2015 2:55 pm

A Canadian team doesn't win? I'm shocked, shocked! Oh wait, it happens every year, doesn't it? :P
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun May 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Shofercia wrote:

A Canadian team doesn't win? I'm shocked, shocked! Oh wait, it happens every year, doesn't it? :P

Let's see.
1994 - Nucks.
2004 - Flames.
2006 - Oilers.
2007 - Senators
2011 - Nucks again.
:(
Co-Author of SC #204

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun May 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

Let's see.
1994 - Nucks.
2004 - Flames.
2006 - Oilers.
2007 - Senators
2011 - Nucks again.

Yep. All losers. Maybe I should want a Canadian team in the finals, so that I could make money betting against them :P

But, as they say in Canada: "hey, at least we're not Toronto or Edmonton!"
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun May 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Let's see.
1994 - Nucks.
2004 - Flames.
2006 - Oilers.
2007 - Senators
2011 - Nucks again.

Yep. All losers. Maybe I should want a Canadian team in the finals, so that I could make money betting against them :P

This is a real thing.
Co-Author of SC #204

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun May 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Let's see.
1994 - Nucks.
2004 - Flames.
2006 - Oilers.
2007 - Senators
2011 - Nucks again.

Flames won in '04 and you know it. Bettman can go get stuffed.

Besides, even when an American team wins, half the players are Canadian. So, really, Canada wins Stanley every year, regardless of which team is hoisting it.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General