NATION

PASSWORD

NHL Playoffs Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is your prediction to win the Stanley Cup?

Chicago Blackhawks
52%
Tampa Bay Lightning
48%

Total votes : 21

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:04 am

Esparmuran wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:You're joking, right? Toronto was in a playoff spot when they fired Carlyle. They immediately went on a 10-11 game death spiral. Also, Bylsma's still out of a job.

He was fantastic at tanking, so I suppose that's something.

Him and Tim Murray should meet up.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:10 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Esparmuran wrote:He was fantastic at tanking, so I suppose that's something.

Dear god, imagine if Tim survives the offseason without the boot and they hire Horachek.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:23 am

Esparmuran wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Him and Tim Murray should meet up.

Dear god, imagine if Tim survives the offseason without the boot and they hire Horachek.

Tanking for Auston Matthews/Jesse Puljujarvi? They've already got Eichel.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Esparmuran wrote:He was fantastic at tanking, so I suppose that's something.

I can say for certain that he won't make it across the border.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Lightning-Wings and Capitals-Islanders tonight!

Tampa Bay was my pick to win the Cup, and they're on the brink of elimination. >:(
Co-Author of SC #204

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:
It'll be a race since the former San Jose coach (whatever his name is) was fired as well as Paul McLean (he's someone Toronto needs). Btw, Laffs, why the hell did you fire Horacheck and the other guy? They were doing decently besides that Horacheck also got your prospects a ton of playing time so they would be better next year. If anything, promote the guy considering he was handed a crap tier team.

You're joking, right? Toronto was in a playoff spot when they fired Carlyle. They immediately went on a 10-11 game death spiral. Also, Bylsma's still out of a job.

It isn't really his fault. It's like one guy pulled the pin on a grenade, released the safety and then handed it to a guy to his right. Blame the Laffs, not the management.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:29 pm

3-0 Tampa as I write this.
Co-Author of SC #204

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:3-0 Tampa as I write this.

Good job jinxing them.

If there's anything, you do not post scores or anything unless if it's safe to know that their win is secured.

Yossarian Herr
Attaché

Founded: Aug 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yossarian Herr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:09 pm

Caps WINNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a dream that this happened, but the dream involved OT... still predicted the score though.

¡Bailamos!

Also prevents me from having to choose whether to cheer for the Isles or Rags. Hate the Rangers but the Islanders and some of their fans had some pretty terrible behavior (not that the Caps/fans have been angels or anything...)
Last edited by Yossarian Herr on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ik ben geen Nederlander (of Vlaming). Probably obvious since my Dutch sucks.
Mourning the Washington Capitals' Stanley Cup dreams

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:3-0 Tampa as I write this.

Good job jinxing them.

If there's anything, you do not post scores or anything unless if it's safe to know that their win is secured.

They won the game 4-2.

Also, there's a reason why I posted that. #GoWings
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:16 pm

No hockey today... :(
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:59 pm

Oh, and there's a new poll, so revote.
Co-Author of SC #204

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Esparmuran wrote:Dear god, imagine if Tim survives the offseason without the boot and they hire Horachek.

Tanking for Auston Matthews/Jesse Puljujarvi? They've already got Eichel.

Arizona fans (at least on HFBoards) would just throw themselves off the metaphorical balcony if Auston Matthews goes anywhere other than the Coyotes. They really feel like Arizona needs that one star to trigger interest in their team, lest the Coyotes end up facing the fate of their ancestors.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Co-Author of SC #204

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:No hockey today... :(

There was one game... and a playoff game... but it was AHL.
I know because I went to it. And Providence lost. :(

But, it's still a day with hockey, which is still a good day. :D
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:08 am

Kronwall suspended? Wut? :eyebrow:
Co-Author of SC #204

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:11 am

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:No hockey today... :(

There was one game... and a playoff game... but it was AHL.
I know because I went to it. And Providence lost. :(

But, it's still a day with hockey, which is still a good day. :D

Kind of comparing a A Bantam Team to a AAA Varsity Team's playing.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:19 am

2nd round predictions.

PACIFIC: Flames D runs out of gas, lose to Anaheim.
CENTRAL: Chicago defeats Minny for the third time in a row.
METRO: The Caps lose in the second round...again.
Co-Author of SC #204

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:33 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:2nd round predictions.

PACIFIC: Flames D runs out of gas, lose to Anaheim.
CENTRAL: Chicago defeats Minny for the third time in a row.
METRO: The Caps lose in the second round...again.

Speaking of the Flames:

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:08 am

And Detroit is gone.

1. Canucks
2. Red Wings
3. Go Habs!
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Author of SC #204

Hentar
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hentar » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:10 am

I.....dont......give ......a ......fuck ......bout........hockey!!!

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:20 am

Hentar wrote:I.....dont......give ......a ......fuck ......bout........hockey!!!

Then...why...are...you...posting...here?
Co-Author of SC #204

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:15 am

Hentar wrote:I.....dont......give ......a ......fuck ......bout........hockey!!!

Get out then. Jeez, no one forced you to post here.

Krieg-Deathworld
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krieg-Deathworld » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:31 am

Caps all the way anyone?
Their is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

And Finally
Only in Death does Duty end

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:37 am

Krieg-Deathworld wrote:Caps all the way anyone?

They'll lose in Round 2, as they always do :p
Co-Author of SC #204

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General