NATION

PASSWORD

NHL Playoffs Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is your prediction to win the Stanley Cup?

Chicago Blackhawks
52%
Tampa Bay Lightning
48%

Total votes : 21

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:48 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:Poll edited to remove eliminated teams. You can still revote though.

Oh sure, take off the Canucks, but don't add the Flames. :p
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:21 am

Camicon wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Poll edited to remove eliminated teams. You can still revote though.

Oh sure, take off the Canucks, but don't add the Flames. :p

I will add them if STl/TBL/WSH lose.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:23 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Esparmuran wrote:I'll root for you guys while I hold back tears.

Fellow Canucks fan? :(

Go Wings!

Jets.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Esparmuran wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Fellow Canucks fan? :(

Go Wings!

Jets.

In my bracket I had them out in six games to Anaheim. I also had the Nucks winning in seven. :(
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Damn, Vancouver's out without a riot. I was expecting a riot. I guess they're ok with being flamed out :P
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Shofercia wrote:Damn, Vancouver's out without a riot. I was expecting a riot. I guess they're ok with being flamed out :P

*ba-dum crash*
Co-Author of SC #204

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:26 pm

And the St. Louis Blues are gone.
Co-Author of SC #204

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Why the hell are there two Canadiens in the poll? You're worse than CBC Kaboom.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Blues - you failed me in the bracket challenges. Now I can only win if I get the predictor score, or if my team wins. Blues - I knew you were going to lose. You choke like bitches in the playoffs. But why, why did you have to choke so soon? Was it Vader?

Go ahead and make Singing the Blues pun. It's obvious.
Last edited by Shofercia on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Czesc
Attaché

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Czesc » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:37 pm

Any sport where the philly team doesn't do good I don't pay attention to.
"I hate my daughter." -Peter Griffin

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:38 pm

Czesc wrote:Any sport where the philly team doesn't do good I don't pay attention to.

So you don't watch sports I presume.

Czesc
Attaché

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Czesc » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:40 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Czesc wrote:Any sport where the philly team doesn't do good I don't pay attention to.

I watch the eagles since there sort everything ok now. I used to watch the Phillies #bring08back. Watched the flyers last year. Don't intend to ever watch the sixes again
"I hate my daughter." -Peter Griffin

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Ontorisa wrote:Why the hell are there two Canadiens in the poll? You're worse than CBC Kaboom.

Whoopsies. Should be all good now.
Co-Author of SC #204

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:32 pm

Ontorisa wrote:

Who needs sports when you can have a cheese steak :P

Czesc wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

I watch the eagles since there sort everything ok now. I used to watch the Phillies #bring08back. Watched the flyers last year. Don't intend to ever watch the sixes again

Philly's trying a new and unique hockey tactic: win without any cooperation between the defense and the goaltender. It has yet to work.
Last edited by Shofercia on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Czesc wrote:I watch the eagles since there sort everything ok now. I used to watch the Phillies #bring08back. Watched the flyers last year. Don't intend to ever watch the sixes again

Philly's trying a new and unique hockey tactic: win without any cooperation between the defense and the goaltender. It has yet to work.

I think it's pass always to Voracek and Giroux and hope for the best.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:53 pm

Bye bye, Sens. :(
Last edited by Camicon on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Camicon wrote:Bye bye, Sens. :(

*blurb*^

^ What was that? Currently drowning in my tears as we speak.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:43 pm

I heard the Canadiens impeached somebody, and it wasn't Rob Ford.

Saint-Thor
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint-Thor » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:47 pm

We certainly won't win the cup by playing like that. Or by relying strictly on Price.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Shofercia wrote:Philly's trying a new and unique hockey tactic: win without any cooperation between the defense and the goaltender. It has yet to work.

Speaking of them, I've read that Dallas Eakins was being considered for the position of Flyers head coach.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Yossarian Herr
Attaché

Founded: Aug 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yossarian Herr » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:02 am

Caps game 7 tonight. So nervous I could puke.

Also, game 8 ftw
Last edited by Yossarian Herr on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ik ben geen Nederlander (of Vlaming). Probably obvious since my Dutch sucks.
Mourning the Washington Capitals' Stanley Cup dreams

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:09 am

Ganos Lao wrote:
Shofercia wrote:Philly's trying a new and unique hockey tactic: win without any cooperation between the defense and the goaltender. It has yet to work.

Speaking of them, I've read that Dallas Eakins was being considered for the position of Flyers head coach.

As it is right now:
Toronto has no coach
Philly has no coach
Buffalo has no coach
Edmonton will probably get rid of their coach
San Jose has no coach
Leafs have no GM, assistant coaches, or scouting staff.
Co-Author of SC #204

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:20 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

As it is right now:
Toronto has no coach
Philly has no coach
Buffalo has no coach
San Jose has no coach

It'll be a race since the former San Jose coach (whatever his name is) was fired as well as Paul McLean (he's someone Toronto needs). Btw, Laffs, why the hell did you fire Horacheck and the other guy? They were doing decently besides that Horacheck also got your prospects a ton of playing time so they would be better next year. If anything, promote the guy considering he was handed a crap tier team.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:24 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:As it is right now:
Toronto has no coach
Philly has no coach
Buffalo has no coach
San Jose has no coach

It'll be a race since the former San Jose coach (whatever his name is) was fired as well as Paul McLean (he's someone Toronto needs). Btw, Laffs, why the hell did you fire Horacheck and the other guy? They were doing decently besides that Horacheck also got your prospects a ton of playing time so they would be better next year. If anything, promote the guy considering he was handed a crap tier team.

You're joking, right? Toronto was in a playoff spot when they fired Carlyle. They immediately went on a 10-11 game death spiral. Also, Bylsma's still out of a job.
Co-Author of SC #204

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:02 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

You're joking, right? Toronto was in a playoff spot when they fired Carlyle. They immediately went on a 10-11 game death spiral. Also, Bylsma's still out of a job.

He was fantastic at tanking, so I suppose that's something.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General