NATION

PASSWORD

NHL Playoffs Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is your prediction to win the Stanley Cup?

Chicago Blackhawks
52%
Tampa Bay Lightning
48%

Total votes : 21

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Rhodesia and Bechuanaland wrote:
Shofercia wrote:
They usually burn out.

Of course they do! However, not really a reason to not be in the poll if they are actually in the playoffs...

Reason: only 10 options :P
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Shofercia wrote:
They usually burn out.

Of course they do! However, not really a reason to not be in the poll if they are actually in the playoffs...

My Red Wings aren't in the poll either, but with 16 teams in the playoffs and only 10 options in a poll, one must sacrifice and make an "Other" option. It's all good.

Also, GO WINGS!
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:38 pm

Euroslavia wrote:

My Red Wings aren't in the poll either, but with 16 teams in the playoffs and only 10 options in a poll, one must sacrifice and make an "Other" option. It's all good.

Also, GO WINGS!

They might end up signing the Blues :P
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:37 pm

Ottawa's on the ropes :eek:
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:53 pm

It snowed today.

Fitting.

Last edited by Esparmuran on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:58 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:Ottawa's on the ropes :eek:

Always room for a comeback.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Ottawa's on the ropes :eek:

Let's put it this way: regardless of what the rest of the Canadiens do, Carey Price isn't going to lose four games in a row.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Camicon wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Let's put it this way: regardless of what the rest of the Canadiens do, Carey Price isn't going to lose four games in a row.

:roll:

Clearly you have not met Sens fans. We've been in situations like this before, against A++ Goal tenders. It's may be difficult to get at least 3 goals on Price, but we've done it in the regular season, we've done it in Game 2 and we'll do it again, and again, and again, until we're in round 2.

#peskysens

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Camicon wrote:Let's put it this way: regardless of what the rest of the Canadiens do, Carey Price isn't going to lose four games in a row.

Clearly you have not met Sens fans. We've been in situations like this before, against A++ Goal tenders. It's may be difficult to get at least 3 goals on Price, but we've done it in the regular season, we've done it in Game 2 and we'll do it again, and again, and again, until we're in round 2.

#peskysens

The Canadiens never lost more than three games in a row this season. Yes, it's technically possible for the Sens to win four in a row, but those odds are vanishingly slim.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Anaheim at Winnipeg tonight. Jets fans will blow the roof off that building.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Esparmuran
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:53 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:Anaheim at Winnipeg tonight. Jets fans will blow the roof off that building.

Shivers, dude. Shivers.
Population of 1201.
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:53 pm

Go Islanders! \o/
Only team I care about that didn't end up with an entry in the draft lottery... and they're the team that's usually there.
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Esparmuran
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:39 pm

kill me
Population of 1201.
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:44 am

Esparmuran wrote:kill me

Welcome to the down-3-0 club.

Dibs on chairman.

Rhodesia and Bechuanaland
Secretary

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia and Bechuanaland » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:09 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:Anaheim at Winnipeg tonight. Jets fans will blow the roof off that building.

The Jets stadium was oddly colour coded. Every person, I mean every person, was wearing white!

Luke the Drifter
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Luke the Drifter » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:52 am

The Jets stadium was oddly colour coded. Every person, I mean every person, was wearing white!

It is called "The Whiteout". Obviously you have never been to Winnipeg. It snows ALL THE TIME! Henceforth why Jets fans all wear white. But seriously? That dirtbag Kessler really needs someone to rock his world.

Rhodesia and Bechuanaland
Secretary

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia and Bechuanaland » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:57 pm

Luke the Drifter wrote:

It is called "The Whiteout". Obviously you have never been to Winnipeg. It snows ALL THE TIME! Henceforth why Jets fans all wear white. But seriously? That dirtbag Kessler really needs someone to rock his world.

I live in Western Canada, I know winter/snow/damn continental climates. I have seen plenty of hockey games, but never an arena so colour coded. Kudo's to Winnipegers.

Saint-Thor
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint-Thor » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:04 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Camicon wrote:Let's put it this way: regardless of what the rest of the Canadiens do, Carey Price isn't going to lose four games in a row.

#peskysens

Imho the Sens aren't even supposed to be there (and the OP poll seems to agree with me). Sure they had a few good weeks right before the playoffs but their season overall was a big meh. And Nothing really changed since then. They play like a team that has nothing to lose and it shows but they won't go far, especially if they keep taking penalties like they did in game 3.
Last edited by Saint-Thor on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Saint-Thor wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

#peskysens

Imho the Sens aren't even supposed to be there (and the OP poll seems to agree with me). Sure they had a few good weeks right before the playoffs but their season overall was a big meh. And Nothing really changed since then. They play like a team that has nothing to lose and it shows but they won't go far, especially if they keep taking penalties like they did in game 3.

"Overall season was a big meh"

You clearly have not seen that amazing comeback from the shitpit of the Eastern Conference.

Back in January: 3% of making the playoffs.

We made it. Can it Habs boy and check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Luke the Drifter wrote:

I live in Western Canada, I know winter/snow/damn continental climates. I have seen plenty of hockey games, but never an arena so colour coded. Kudo's to Winnipegers.

Calgary Flames. The Sea of Red. The Red Mile. We're as fervent as they come.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:24 pm

As a Canucks fan, I'm not much of a Kesler fan TBH.
Co-Author of SC #204

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:As a Canucks fan, I'm not much of a Kesler fan TBH.

Bwahaha.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:38 am

Scott Darling has now started 2 games, but played 14 periods. And he's 3-0.
Co-Author of SC #204

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:10 pm

Coffee Cakes wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:As a Canucks fan, I'm not much of a Kesler fan TBH.

Bwahaha.

You're a Flyers fan I presume.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:22 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Coffee Cakes wrote:
Bwahaha.

You're a Flyers fan I presume.

They're one of the teams I root hard for, yes.

But it's always fun to hate on Vancouver.
Fux the Nux! \o/

NSG Sodomy Club Member.
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General