NATION

PASSWORD

NHL Playoffs Discussion

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who is your prediction to win the Stanley Cup?

Chicago Blackhawks
52%
Tampa Bay Lightning
48%

Total votes : 21

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 pm

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Rhodesia and Bechuanaland wrote:Go Flames Go!

Why no Flames in the poll?

Sorry, but I'm a Canucks fan :lol:
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Religionous
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Religionous » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:

Biased OP! :p

Ykrovjnge Krjvwic
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ykrovjnge Krjvwic » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:15 pm

WOOOOOOO GAME 1 DOWN!!! GÅÅÅÅÅÅÅ WILD!!!!

Kennedius
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kennedius » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:15 am

We all know the Islanders are winning it.

Luke the Drifter
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Luke the Drifter » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:22 pm

And the Edmonton Oilers have WON the draft lottery and will select number #1!

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Luke the Drifter wrote:And the Edmonton Oilers have WON the draft lottery and will select number #1!

You should have seen McDavid's face when they won. Seemed pretty clear he doesn't want to go there.

Also, Hartley gets fined 50k for England's fighting.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:23 pm

Luke the Drifter wrote:And the Edmonton Oilers have WON the draft lottery and will select number #1!

Ladies and Gentlemen, heartfelt condolences go out to the McDavids for the loss of their son. Taken too soon at a young age #RIP

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:36 pm

Now they're going to simply rely on him without making any smart moves. At least Toronto is firing folks and trying to make a difference.

Anyway, I hope we make this 1-1.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:44 pm

Ontorisa wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, heartfelt condolences go out to the McDavids for the loss of their son. Taken too soon at a young age #RIP

What a shame.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:45 pm

Esparmuran wrote:

Now they're going to simply rely on him without making any smart moves. At least Toronto is firing folks and trying to make a difference.

The fans won't mind that either. They're already sweeping the last decade of failure under the rug.

Meanwhile, Arizona fans worry about potential relocation.....
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Rhodesia and Bechuanaland
Secretary

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia and Bechuanaland » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:37 pm

Ah Edmonton, perennially having the #1 draft pick and never getting any better.

Always a good feeling as a Flames fan.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:30 pm

well at least it didn't go to Arizona or Toronto.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:38 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:well at least it didn't go to Arizona or Toronto.

Arizona could've used him to generate interest. That franchise sure needs something.

Honestly, why do you hate McDavid so much that you'd not mind have him dealing with MacT and Lowe? :lol:
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Rhodesia and Bechuanaland wrote:Ah Edmonton, perennially having the #1 draft pick and never getting any better.

As long as the Oilers are profitable, nothing will change.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Esparmuran wrote:Now they're going to simply rely on him without making any smart moves. At least Toronto is firing folks and trying to make a difference.

The fans won't mind that either. They're already sweeping the last decade of failure under the rug.

I was listening to TSN and Dennis Beyak was talking about when he met a Coyotes reporter who said most people back in Glendale have no idea who McDavid is. If they keep doing what they've been doing, they're going to end up like Florida in the pre-season.

Also I'm sad.
Last edited by Esparmuran on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Luke the Drifter
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Luke the Drifter » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

What a shame.

Rhodesia and Bechuanaland wrote:Ah Edmonton, perennially having the #1 draft pick and never getting any better.

And when they win a cup in three years how exactly would you like those words prepared before you eat them? Eberle, Draisaitl, and Marincin are going to be moved for a goal tender and a defenseman. The Hawks can no loner afford Seabrook, and would gladly move him for Ebs. Throw in Crawford and a decent prospect and they can have Draisaitl, and Marincin, and the Oiler's become an instant contender. Nurse and Klefbom are going to be absolute studs on the blue line.

I don't expect Mac T to be making that pick though. Kevin Lowe will be gone and Bob Nicholson will be taking over. The first thing he does is fire Mac T, and hire Dan Bylsma. Nelson will be a great coach for Mac D.

Life is about to get a whole lot rosier in #Thisisoilcountry
Last edited by Luke the Drifter on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:18 am

Luke the Drifter wrote:Eberle, Draisaitl, and Marincin are going to be moved for a goal tender and a defenseman.

Where did you hear this from?
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:21 am

Esparmuran wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

I was listening to TSN and Dennis Beyak was talking about when he met a Coyotes reporter who said most people back in Glendale have no idea who McDavid is. If they keep doing what they've been doing, they're going to end up like Florida in the pre-season.

Also I'm sad.

I've been reading the Arizona section of the HFBoards forums. You can feel the pain those guys are going through. A ton of non-Coyotes fans are also angry too.

They legitimately felt McDavid would be the shot in the arm the Coyotes needed. Now it seems like all they'll get is a bullet in the back of the franchise's head.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caucasian States of America
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caucasian States of America » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:21 am

I'm a Ducks fan, so I'll be rooting for the Ducks.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:10 am

Caucasian States of America wrote:I'm a Ducks fan, so I'll be rooting for the Ducks.

See that door?

Get out.

Jk, we're not /r/habs

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia and Bechuanaland » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:40 am

Luke the Drifter wrote:

And when they win a cup in three years how exactly would you like those words prepared before you eat them? Eberle, Draisaitl, and Marincin are going to be moved for a goal tender and a defenseman. The Hawks can no loner afford Seabrook, and would gladly move him for Ebs. Throw in Crawford and a decent prospect and they can have Draisaitl, and Marincin, and the Oiler's become an instant contender. Nurse and Klefbom are going to be absolute studs on the blue line.

I don't expect Mac T to be making that pick though. Kevin Lowe will be gone and Bob Nicholson will be taking over. The first thing he does is fire Mac T, and hire Dan Bylsma. Nelson will be a great coach for Mac D.

Life is about to get a whole lot rosier in #Thisisoilcountry

Meh, that's what they have been saying about the Oilers for a while now and it still hasn't come to fruition.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm rooting for the Ducks-Rangers final. It'd be awesome to have Cali vs NY.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with Subban and the idiots in charge of the NHL? "I accidentally slashed the other team's superstar" is an excuse? That's even worse than "my dog ate my homework!"

Kaboomlandia wrote:

I'm sorry that you're a Canucks fan :P

:rofl:

Caucasian States of America wrote:I'm a Ducks fan, so I'll be rooting for the Ducks.

Good man!
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:My loyalty lies with the Lords of the Duck Country.

Due to the influence of the Mighty Ducks cartoon, I support the Anaheim Ducks.

Here come, the Mighty Ducks...

United Russian Soviet States wrote:Why do people care about hockey so much here?

*takes a slapshot at URSS*

Does that answer your question? :P

Acrochila wrote:
Luke the Drifter wrote:
You have a Soviet flag, and don't like hockey? The greatest battle of the cold war was the Summit Series for gods sake.

Quite the neutral response. I am guessing you are not a hockey fan?

Last strike I started watching KHL games online and now I'm an Ak Bars Kazan fan

They're a great team :D

Napkiraly wrote:Winnipeg will win the cup. Mark my words.

:rofl:

Esparmuran wrote:

Nice!

They usually burn out.

Also, any objections to me sneaking in World Championship content into this thread in May?
Last edited by Shofercia on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia and Bechuanaland » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Shofercia wrote:

They usually burn out.

Of course they do! However, not really a reason to not be in the poll if they are actually in the playoffs...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General