NATION

PASSWORD

Montana lawmaker pushes ban on yoga pants, Speedos in public

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should people be allowed to wear speedos or yoga pants in public?

Yes, people should have the right to do so.
70%
No, eww eww eww.
17%
No.(Other reasons)
No votes
The state Montana reminds me of the movie Scarface somehow. SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND.
13%

Total votes : 23

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:11 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:False. All of my clothing is perfectly warm and I layer less than the other delivery drivers that I work with, all of whom are male. Thinness in clothing is not some sort of conspiracy to make women buy more clothing, it is all about a demand for less bulk.

I've never had issues keeping warm with less layers.

If anything, as a guy, I appreciate mobility and less bulk over bulky clothes.

Not sure what that had to do with what I said.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:12 pm

The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:13 pm

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:I've never had issues keeping warm with less layers.

If anything, as a guy, I appreciate mobility and less bulk over bulky clothes.

Not sure what that had to do with what I said.

False. All of my clothing is perfectly warm and I layer less than the other delivery drivers that I work with, all of whom are male. Thinness in clothing is not some sort of conspiracy to make women buy more clothing, it is all about a demand for less bulk.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
You're trying to understand women's fashion, trust me you just wanna stop.

Women's fashion is extremely easy to understand. Men's fashion just happens to be generally boring and lifeless.

This is because most men are not interested in clothing. If it smells relatively clean, it's wearable.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Olthar wrote:

Based on that standard I'm much, much worse than that.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Olthar wrote:

:rofl:
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:Women's fashion is extremely easy to understand. Men's fashion just happens to be generally boring and lifeless.

This is because most men are not interested in clothing. If it smells relatively clean, it's wearable.

This is bullshit (for some of us).

I definitely care about what I wear outside of my house. In my house? I am mostly shirtless.

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:Not sure what that had to do with what I said.

False. All of my clothing is perfectly warm and I layer less than the other delivery drivers that I work with, all of whom are male. Thinness in clothing is not some sort of conspiracy to make women buy more clothing, it is all about a demand for less bulk.

It still has nothing do do with what we were talking about. You missed the context by a mile, or worded yourself badly.
I scream a lot.

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Why are humans so embarrassed about your bodies? There is nothing wrong with yoga pants.
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Olthar wrote:

Your Batman suit also has a bat-penis molded into it?

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:17 pm

It still has nothing do do with what we were talking about. You missed the context by a mile, or worded yourself badly.

Probably, I've been making diagrams for the last two hours so my brain is not where it's supposed to be at right now.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:18 pm

Olthar wrote:

Your Batman suit also has a bat-penis molded into it?

Yes.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:18 pm

-Ebola- wrote:Why are humans so embarrassed about your bodies? There is nothing wrong with yoga pants.

Well, to be fair, you can't wear yoga pants.

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:18 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:Women's fashion is extremely easy to understand. Men's fashion just happens to be generally boring and lifeless.

No, it is just that the women's fashion industry deliberately makes their material too thin so that women have to buy more clothes to achieve the same degree of warmth or coverage. This is most clear with sweaters, coats, and scarves, many of which are so thin they can be seen through. Thus, by necessity, women have to have more complicated fashion.

"So thin they can be seen through" might actually be a feature women want.

Some men too. I'm sure you've seen men's shirts in white fishnet. Perhaps you disapprove, but I don't mind men showing off their pecs and I find a see-through more stylish than guys just walking around topless.

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:Because the material they're made out of? Is sort of like? really warm? And they aren't as thin? As leggings?

What material are they made out of?

Looks like stretch denim.

I guess the material would protect the legs from grazes, but it's not warm (cotton being basically useless as an insulator ... multiple layers work but only because of air trapped between layers). I wouldn't wear them, because the rubbing of the material would tear hairs off my legs, causing rashes and ingrown hairs.

Maybe different for smoothies, but still not something to wear if you walk around much.

Olthar wrote:

I don't recognize that person. But I notice they have the neck and hair covered. Is it a Muslim?
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Orles
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Orles » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:

Try again. I care lots about clothing; the reason it isn't as obvious is because there are fewer socially acceptable options for men and opportunities for accessories. I actually like this better because it makes spending money on a few really nice items a better investment than the spending money on lots of items of mediocre quality that I see my female friends do. And you can still spice it up and make men's fashion not "boring and lifeless" (which prefers to go by the name subtle, but your description matches most of the time), you just have to either own it or be less obvious about it. Good men's clothes make other people go "damn, he's fine" without them realizing what exactly is so much better about you. With women's clothes, fashion is a lot more obvious.
I don't know about happiness, but virtue's overrated

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Ailiailia wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:No, it is just that the women's fashion industry deliberately makes their material too thin so that women have to buy more clothes to achieve the same degree of warmth or coverage. This is most clear with sweaters, coats, and scarves, many of which are so thin they can be seen through. Thus, by necessity, women have to have more complicated fashion.

Some men too. I'm sure you've seen men's shirts in white fishnet. Perhaps you disapprove, but I don't mind men showing off their pecs and I find a see-through more stylish than guys just walking around topless.

United Marxist Nations wrote:What material are they made out of?

Looks like stretch denim.

I guess the material would protect the legs from grazes, but it's not warm (cotton being basically useless as an insulator ... multiple layers work but only because of air trapped between layers). I wouldn't wear them, because the rubbing of the material would tear hairs off my legs, causing rashes and ingrown hairs.

Maybe different for smoothies, but still not something to wear if you walk around much.

Olthar wrote:

I don't recognize that person. But I notice they have the neck and hair covered. Is it a Muslim?

My jeggings are crazy warm, and I don't shave my legs. Everyone's different, tho.
I scream a lot.

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:21 pm

-Ebola- wrote:Why are humans so embarrassed about your bodies? There is nothing wrong with yoga pants.

Well, to be fair, you can't wear yoga pants.

Well, no, they would be much too big on me. Nobody makes pants for viruses. But that is no reason why human women should not wear them.
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Orles wrote:Try again.

I said most, not all. Please take note of the differences between said words.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Ailiailia wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:No, it is just that the women's fashion industry deliberately makes their material too thin so that women have to buy more clothes to achieve the same degree of warmth or coverage. This is most clear with sweaters, coats, and scarves, many of which are so thin they can be seen through. Thus, by necessity, women have to have more complicated fashion.

I had a "so thin it can be seen through" shirt.

I had to use an undershirt or a sleeveless shirt/tank top to conceal a bit.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:22 pm

Nuwe Suid Afrika wrote:
Benuty wrote:So breastfeeding by your definition is indecent exposure?

In public, yes. There's areas where you can breast-feed your child, such as the bathroom, or you could give them a milk solution.

I believe there was an issue for my nation about this a few months ago.

If you want babies to eat in the bathroom, I hope you're willing to eat in there, too.

Orles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Orles » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:22 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Orles wrote:Try again.

I said most, not all. Please take note of the differences between said words.

I guess I just have classy friends. Most of my male friends care about fashion at least enough to buy nice clothes, even if they aren't quite sure how to acceptably deviate from the norm.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Ailiailia wrote:
Olthar wrote:

Yes.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:24 pm

Orles wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

Try again. I care lots about clothing; the reason it isn't as obvious is because there are fewer socially acceptable options for men and opportunities for accessories. I actually like this better because it makes spending money on a few really nice items a better investment than the spending money on lots of items of mediocre quality that I see my female friends do. And you can still spice it up and make men's fashion not "boring and lifeless" (which prefers to go by the name subtle, but your description matches most of the time), you just have to either own it or be less obvious about it. Good men's clothes make other people go "damn, he's fine" without them realizing what exactly is so much better about you. With women's clothes, fashion is a lot more obvious.

There's a lot of shirts that are for men that go overlooked by many people simply because they're too joyful or they just don't look professional enough.

Orles
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Orles » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:25 pm

Orles wrote:Try again. I care lots about clothing; the reason it isn't as obvious is because there are fewer socially acceptable options for men and opportunities for accessories. I actually like this better because it makes spending money on a few really nice items a better investment than the spending money on lots of items of mediocre quality that I see my female friends do. And you can still spice it up and make men's fashion not "boring and lifeless" (which prefers to go by the name subtle, but your description matches most of the time), you just have to either own it or be less obvious about it. Good men's clothes make other people go "damn, he's fine" without them realizing what exactly is so much better about you. With women's clothes, fashion is a lot more obvious.

There's a lot of shirts that are for men that go overlooked by many people simply because they're too joyful or they just don't look professional enough.

True. Cowards in neutral colors make me sad, even though most days I number among their ranks.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:27 pm

Orles wrote:

True. Cowards in neutral colors make me sad, even though most days I number among their ranks.

I tend to mix and match based on the occassion.

On really nice days I tend to go out in shirts that have floral patterns and I also have three guayaberas, one red, one black, and one white.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General