NATION

PASSWORD

Autism Spectrum Megathread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

I have...

Autism
16%
Asperger's Syndrome
66%
PDD-NOS
6%
Childhood Disintegrative Disorder
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes : 153

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun May 31, 2015 11:47 am

Naushantiya wrote:The thing about Autism is that it does not exist, I am sorry guys, there is nothing wrong with you. All you need to do is put in a little handwork. I wish you all good luck, little bit of hardwork and some social skills that you can develop, don't cling on to a condition guys. I am hopeful you shall succeed

does not exist

does not exist

does not exist

I am going to need a very well sourced article for this part.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Utrinque Paratus
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Utrinque Paratus » Sun May 31, 2015 11:54 am

Naushantiya wrote:The thing about Autism is that it does not exist, I am sorry guys, there is nothing wrong with you. All you need to do is put in a little handwork. I wish you all good luck, little bit of hardwork and some social skills that you can develop, don't cling on to a condition guys. I am hopeful you shall succeed

I am legally diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, it certainly exists but I do agree that in most cases you can develop social skills and become "more normal" over time, providing your condition is extremely mild like mine.
Nothing to really put here, if you have any questions about my views then feel free to telegram me. I also like guns.

Utrinque Paratus
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Utrinque Paratus » Sun May 31, 2015 11:58 am

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Utrinque Paratus wrote:
Well unfortunately I can't, I don't qualify for service in the British Army due to my EXTREMELY mild Aspergers. They refused to even take me for a medical assessment. It should be on a case by case basis instead of outright discrimination.

I'll try the Foreign Legion.

Unless you're from a rather impoverished background, don't count on making it, even if you score perfectly. FFL tends to be pretty specific in who it takes - largely people with nowhere to go and nothing left. If you're middle class, with a clean record and from a Western country, I'd say you really shouldn't bother.

Thanks, not middle class - clean criminal record and from the UK obviously, but still gonna try anyway.
Nothing to really put here, if you have any questions about my views then feel free to telegram me. I also like guns.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sun May 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Naushantiya wrote:The thing about Autism is that it does not exist,

A bit like secularism in India, then.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Sun May 31, 2015 12:38 pm

Fapping doesn't cure autism.

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Sun May 31, 2015 1:47 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Liberonscien wrote:I've read that those with Aspergers can sometimes have obsessions or things they think about way too much. Anyone willing to share their obsession, if they have one?
Mine currently seems to be politics.

Willing to bet that's just a personal interest rather than something to do with your mental issues.

Autism isn't only negative. Having obsessive interests in specialized topics is a textbook autistic trait.
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Sun May 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Glorious KASSRD wrote:
Liberonscien wrote:I've read that those with Aspergers can sometimes have obsessions or things they think about way too much. Anyone willing to share their obsession, if they have one?

Obsessions are common amongst everyone. Autistics too. I love politics, which is why I hate the US government. Sometimes it feels like I know more about politics than they do. Hopefully that's just me not understanding the situation.

Don't worry, it is.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Sun May 31, 2015 1:48 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Willing to bet that's just a personal interest rather than something to do with your mental issues.

Autism isn't only negative. Having obsessive interests in specialized topics is a textbook autistic trait.

Never said it was. It's just that this is NSG. Everyone here has at least a mild obsession with politics.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Sun May 31, 2015 1:50 pm

Well, this is sickeningly ignorant.

Tell this to my severely-autistic brother who is largely stuck around age five, barring certain things he continues to progress on.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun May 31, 2015 2:07 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:

Fapping doesn't cure autism.

Neither does sex cure HIV.

Nice catch though.
Last edited by Benuty on Sun May 31, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Liberonscien
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberonscien » Sun May 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:

This is NationStates. If you weren't obsessed with politics, you wouldn't be here.

Touché.
No real signature for now besides the preceding text and the following punctuation.

Glorious KASSRD
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious KASSRD » Sun May 31, 2015 4:57 pm

No. Just, no. Autism exist. There are symptoms, there is evidence, there are literal brain scnee showing autistic brains are different. Literally every major real science banch agrees autism is real. Phases "just need work" and "we can be fixed" are quite possibly the number one reason why we have trouble with schools.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun May 31, 2015 5:21 pm

Glorious KASSRD wrote:

No. Just, no. Autism exist. There are symptoms, there is evidence, there are literal brain scnee showing autistic brains are different. Literally every major real science banch agrees autism is real. Phases "just need work" and "we can be fixed" are quite possibly the number one reason why we have trouble with schools.

I would agree since implying people can be truly fixed would fly in the face of evidence concerning the idiosyncratic nature, and wiring of the brain of those on the spectrum. Alleviation of deficits for the lower functioning is most certainly possible in the future, but an outright "cure" requires something that isn't going to destroy the person (oh they will still be there just not the person they once were).

Kumuri
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kumuri » Sun May 31, 2015 6:21 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Willing to bet that's just a personal interest rather than something to do with your mental issues.

Like tritanopes. I used to be intensely obsessed with tritanopes to the point of it interfering with everything.
╔═════════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╗
dead
╚═════════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╝

Liberonscien
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberonscien » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:02 am

Kumuri wrote:
Meryuma wrote:

Like tritanopes. I used to be intensely obsessed with tritanopes to the point of it interfering with everything.

The fark are those?
No real signature for now besides the preceding text and the following punctuation.

Kumuri
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kumuri » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:33 am

Liberonscien wrote:
Kumuri wrote:Like tritanopes. I used to be intensely obsessed with tritanopes to the point of it interfering with everything.

The fark are those?

People who have tritanopia. Tritanopia is blue-yellow color blindness.
here's a page on it
╔═════════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╗
dead
╚═════════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╝

Sinica
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinica » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:43 am

realistically i imagine the majority of people who play this game have some form of autism.Not that is by any means an insult, i would certainly be part of that majority.
pro;Asian Values,One China Policy,scientific advancement,progressiveness,religious pluralism, ethnic pluralism, Greater Asian Nation, jingoism, nationalism, militarism, meritocracy, death penalty,state-capitalism

anti;secessionist, western imperialism, liberalism, western globalist culture, religious fundamentalism, democracy, pacifists, cultural Marxists, radical feminism,racism,genocide,aristocracy and hereditary monarchy, LGBT, communism

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:55 am

Sinica wrote:realistically i imagine the majority of people who play this game have some form of autism.

*some traits associated with autism
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Bezkoshtovnya
Senator

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezkoshtovnya » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:17 am

Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
ΦΣK
------------------

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:43 am

Fucking source that horse shit.

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Naushantiya wrote:The thing about Autism is that it does not exist,

A bit like secularism in India, then.

Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Wulfenia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wulfenia » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:25 am

Bezkoshtovnya wrote:

That's enough internet for today, Dean.
P2TM's favorite Fascist catgirl
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:It's called being a reactionary. No wonder you're unpopular.

Lydenburg
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lydenburg » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:56 am

Utrinque Paratus wrote:
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Unless you're from a rather impoverished background, don't count on making it, even if you score perfectly. FFL tends to be pretty specific in who it takes - largely people with nowhere to go and nothing left. If you're middle class, with a clean record and from a Western country, I'd say you really shouldn't bother.

Thanks, not middle class - clean criminal record and from the UK obviously, but still gonna try anyway.

The French Foreign Legion obviously gets a lot of potential recruits like you showing up, so they can afford to be picky. You need to be able to take orders in French before going to the recruitment building. Otherwise, you'll spend a few weeks in the barracks with French-speaking Algerians and Senegalese while they accept the latter applications and reject yours - even if you're in much better physical condition and perhaps even a great deal more competent.

French military culture places a greater emphasis on their language than yours does. Keep that in mind. By far the worst possible way to get rejected is because you can't speak the language.

In short, just think of it like an unspoken rule that French speakers always get moved to the front of the queue. It just makes selection much easier for the recruiters.

Ek bly in Australie nou, maar Afrika sal altyd in my hart wees. Maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, ek is trots om te kan sê ek is 'n kind van hierdie ingewikkelde soms wrede kontinent. Mis jou altyd my Suid-Afrika, hier met n seer hart al die pad van Melbourne af!

Glorious KASSRD
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious KASSRD » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:41 am

Deian salazar wrote:Hey btw didi anyone ever comment on my idea on the RP group idea after my last post?

It's an interesting idea. Particularly the rp part. I have to wonder, for example, what WW1 would look like if all the major countries were lead by autistics.

Glorious KASSRD
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious KASSRD » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:21 am

Deian salazar wrote:
Glorious KASSRD wrote:It's an interesting idea. Particularly the rp part. I have to wonder, for example, what WW1 would look like if all the major countries were lead by autistics.

Same.
TG's?

What about telegrams?

Colonial Rhodesia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonial Rhodesia » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Benuty wrote:

does not exist

does not exist

does not exist

I am going to need a very well sourced article for this part.

HOW DARE YOU SAY AUTISM DOES NOT EXIST YOU LIBERAL NUT >:(
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."-Cecil John Rhodes
Fighting Communism North of the Zambesi since 1965

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General