NATION

PASSWORD

Belief in Bigfoot

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Spodystan
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Belief in Bigfoot

Postby Spodystan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:07 pm

Just curious if anyone believes in Bigfoot/yeti me personally I did not believe in it at all up until about 3 months ago, I was with my buddy hunting feral hogs (a big problem here in Florida) and it was about 12:30 AM when we heard this god awful, gut wrenching howl. Now I've been hunting my whole life and have heard everything in these woods, but I could not explain that howl,
On top of that, my buddies pit bull hunting dog caught a scent and disappeared chasing it, he was found dead a week later with a broken neck, now I'm sceptical about Bigfoot I gotta see one with my own 2 eyes right in front of me before I can 100% believe in it.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:09 pm

I tend not to believe in things that both lack evidence and have a long track record of hoaxing.
Insert trite farewell here

Romalae
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Romalae » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:10 pm

No.
Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

Ideology: somewhere between left-leaning centrism and social democracy
Other: irreligious, white, male

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Maybe. More plausible than gods. I'll consider myself a Bigfoot agnostic.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Don't believe in it; I'd be open to it, but there is not much except for eyewitness testimony.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:13 pm

bigfoot is a stupid idea that has little chance of being true.
whatever

Communist Volkstrad
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Communist Volkstrad » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Ashmoria wrote:bigfoot is a stupid idea that has little chance of being true.

That about sums it up.
I'm not actually a communist.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Where bigfoot is supposed to be we've eliminated the grizzly bear and reduced hunting grounds for the predators left so that mountain lions show up in residential areas, but an eight foot tall primate is supposed to be traipsing around in a state full of people who love walking in the woods who all carry at least one or two picture taking devices with them have not come across one?

Though I have to say that one of the best days I've had was sitting in a bigfoot museum while the dude walked through all the evidence he had. None of it was convincing but he was certainly passionate.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Antartican Nations
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Antartican Nations » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Scomagia wrote:I tend not to believe in things that both lack evidence and have a long track record of hoaxing.

I agree!

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Where bigfoot is supposed to be we've eliminated the grizzly bear and reduced hunting grounds for the predators left so that mountain lions show up in residential areas, but an eight foot tall primate is supposed to be traipsing around in a state full of people who love walking in the woods who all carry at least one or two picture taking devices with them have not come across one?

Though I have to say that one of the best days I've had was sitting in a bigfoot museum while the dude walked through all the evidence he had. None of it was convincing but he was certainly passionate.

its an odd thing to obsess over. even if there were a place in the American wilderness for an undiscovered peak predator who the fuck would care enough to spend so much time on something they have never seen?
whatever

Second Blazing
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Blazing » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:32 pm

I'll believe in bigfoot when I have his head mounted to my wall.
"I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

Kargintina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:32 pm

I can't believe it. I'm here before someone compares belief in bigfoot to belief in God.

WestRedMaple
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WestRedMaple » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:32 pm

No reason to believe given the lack of any evidence.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:34 pm

I wonder why there isn't a clear photo of him?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Atomic Energy
Envoy

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Energy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:34 pm

I go to college in the PNW and you'd be surprised how many professors (especially chemists for some reason) believe in bigfoot. I'm starting to believe myself!
The Liberal Democrats
ENTP
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
"Consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects."

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:35 pm

Atomic Energy wrote:I go to college in the PNW and you'd be surprised how many professors (especially chemists for some reason) believe in bigfoot. I'm starting to believe myself!

I know the feeling.

What uni out of curiosity?

Zakuvia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Zakuvia » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:35 pm

The law of biological caloric intake makes not having found Bigfoot by this time a certainty of its non-existance. Something the size of a Yeti would require a diet so large that not noticing its trail isn't possible, considering how many dedicated 'trackers' there are.
Balance is important in diets, gymnastics, and governments most of all.
NOW CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF NS!
-1.12, -0.46

Atomic Energy
Envoy

Founded: Jul 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Energy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Mike the Progressive wrote:
Atomic Energy wrote:I go to college in the PNW and you'd be surprised how many professors (especially chemists for some reason) believe in bigfoot. I'm starting to believe myself!

I know the feeling.

Skagit. It's a really small college but really cheap.
The Liberal Democrats
ENTP
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
"Consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects."

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:36 pm

It's the shrooms.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Atomic Energy wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:
I know the feeling.

Skagit. It's a really small college but really cheap.

I know it. lol I'm at UW.

Second Blazing
Minister

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Blazing » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:37 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:I wonder why there isn't a clear photo of him?

He's naturally blurry.
"I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:37 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

It's the shrooms.

You say that jokingly, but...

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Second Blazing wrote:I'll believe in bigfoot when I have his head mounted to my wall.

Or after he has your head mounted on his wall. ;)

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Second Blazing wrote:I'll believe in bigfoot when I have his head mounted to my wall.

Or after he has your head mounted on his wall. ;)

Bigfoot's realm is a realm without walls. This is because to see bigfoot, you have to expand the walls of your mind.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Securitan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Securitan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:40 pm

The real question is: Bigfoot or Samsquantch?
"All war is deception" - Sun Tzu

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General