NATION

PASSWORD

Man at Walmart attacked for carrying gun with permit

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sarigen
Envoy

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarigen » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Prezelly wrote:Sounds like a misunderstanding. Nothing we really need to worry about

Kind of what I'm thinking too.

Paledonn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 19, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Paledonn » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:38 pm

If we ban guns, only the people who are mass murderers will have them. They will get them off the black market, and decent, law abiding citizens will have no defense.

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Estva wrote:
The 502nd SS wrote:The guy wasn't waving it around

It was in public display. I wouldn't feel comfortable with CC if I knew someone had it,but he didn't. I'm glad I don't live in these areas where this shit is getting so ridiculous.

Yes how dare people exercise their legal and moral rights.

Punish these dangerous people. Attack every gun-owner you see.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

Estva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:
Estva wrote:It is fine to have a gun. What is not fine is to go into a public grocery like this Walmart, waving it around. People are bringing rifles to coffee shops,it's getting out of control.

He wasn't waving it around, he holstered it as he got out of his vehicle, and it was concealed when he walked into the Walmart.

Why did he need it there? Oh yes you have to be prepared all the time don't we, we never know when the evil guys will come with those firearms.

I'm glad some businesses aren't idiotic and ban the possession of firearms on their property.
Join the Libdems.

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Spoder wrote:
Estva wrote:It was in public display. I wouldn't feel comfortable with CC if I knew someone had it,but he didn't. I'm glad I don't live in these areas where this shit is getting so ridiculous.

Yes how dare people exercise their legal and moral rights.

Punish these dangerous people. Attack every gun-owner you see.

Yes that's definitely what I was saying wasn't it.
Join the Libdems.

Master Shake
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Master Shake » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 pm

I'd have gotten the fuck out of Walmart.
Only one Hungary. Only one Homeland!

Economic Left/Right: -2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.15

I hate you all equally

Tyrinth
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrinth » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Estva wrote:
Gun Manufacturers wrote:
He wasn't waving it around, he holstered it as he got out of his vehicle, and it was concealed when he walked into the Walmart.

Why did he need it there? Oh yes you have to be prepared all the time don't we, we never know when the evil guys will come with those firearms.

I'm glad some businesses aren't idiotic and ban the possession of firearms on their property.

You think that stops people?
Last edited by Tyrinth on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さあ、一緒に狂いましょう。
Ardoki wrote:Hitler was basically a libertarian, he supported the libertarian ideology of social Darwinism.

Spoder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:40 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Spoder wrote:The gun carrier must be punished.

Medal of Honor for his assailant. He obviously had a damn good reason for tackling this man.

Why would anybody be carrying a gun into Walmart? Only to shoot people down, of course.

Why should he be punished? He committed no crime.

He was carrying a gun. He's a dangerous man and probably a racist conservative asshole.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Estva wrote:

It was in public display. I wouldn't feel comfortable with CC if I knew someone had it,but he didn't. I'm glad I don't live in these areas where this shit is getting so ridiculous.

It was concealed, the person saw him when he was concealing it as he got out of his car, then followed him.

So, where in the US do you live where concealed carry permits aren't issued? Because if it is anywhere other than Washington D.C., you have concealed carry in your state.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Estva wrote:

Foster only saw the firearm as Daniels was holstering it at his car. After it was holstered, it was concealed under Daniels jacket.
Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Tyrinth wrote:You think that stops people?

Maybe it doesn't but if you whip it out you'll be prosecuted.
Join the Libdems.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:41 pm

When you assume you make an ass out of you and me.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Gun Manufacturers wrote:
Estva wrote:It was in public display. I wouldn't feel comfortable with CC if I knew someone had it,but he didn't. I'm glad I don't live in these areas where this shit is getting so ridiculous.

Foster only saw the firearm as Daniels was holstering it at his car. After it was holstered, it was concealed under Daniels jacket.

I already told you I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone having a firearm on the premises period.
Join the Libdems.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Spoder wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Why should he be punished? He committed no crime.

He was carrying a gun. He's a dangerous man and probably a racist conservative asshole.

Despite having no criminal record or recorded usage of his firearm toward a person? The second is an "all X are Y" style flamebait.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Zakuvia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Zakuvia » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:41 pm

WestRedMaple wrote:
Zakuvia wrote:I'd be more inclined to tackle the tackler. Honestly, somebody who carry/conceals as opposed to a deranged homicidal maniac displays much different behavior than asking for coffee creamer. Thank goodness this imbecile wasn't carrying, or else we'd probably see the poor man gunned down like an animal. Strange that somebody who took the time to get a CC license wouldn't also get a real holster.

"when the gun in hip holster"

*Rereads the first few lines*

Well, then the tackler is a complete idiot then. Someone intent on starting a mass casualty massacre isn't going to bother with a holster. Oh God, it just gets worse every second I think about it.

As for the 'no guns period' argument, I would hasten to mention the incident recently when an armed robber held up a line of people waiting for a new pair of designer shoes who was stopped permanently by someone with a legal permit. Of course, good incidents are always downplayed and held as outliers, but what can one do?
Balance is important in diets, gymnastics, and governments most of all.
NOW CELEBRATING 10 YEARS OF NS!
-1.12, -0.46

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:41 pm

It was concealed, the person saw him when he was concealing it as he got out of his car, then followed him.

So, where in the US do you live where concealed carry permits aren't issued? Because if it is anywhere other than Washington D.C., you have concealed carry in your state.

I live in an area where almost every business bans such idiocy.
Join the Libdems.

Tyrinth
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrinth » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Estva wrote:
Tyrinth wrote:You think that stops people?

Maybe it doesn't but if you whip it out you'll be prosecuted.

If you "whip it out" you'll be prosecuted regardless.
さあ、一緒に狂いましょう。
Ardoki wrote:Hitler was basically a libertarian, he supported the libertarian ideology of social Darwinism.

Spoder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Spoder wrote:He was carrying a gun. He's a dangerous man and probably a racist conservative asshole.

Despite having no criminal record or recorded usage of his firearm toward a person? The second is an "all X are Y" style flamebait.

Well obviously if he's carrying a gun he has criminal intent.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Tyrinth wrote:
Estva wrote:Maybe it doesn't but if you whip it out you'll be prosecuted.

If you "whip it out" you'll be prosecuted regardless.

No I mean if you use it all, you will be prosecuted. If it is seen, you will be prosecuted. Even the NRA saidthe extent to which people are brandishing weapons publicly is getting ridiculous.
Join the Libdems.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Estva wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:It was concealed, the person saw him when he was concealing it as he got out of his car, then followed him.

I live in an area where almost every business bans such idiocy.

Not idiocy.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Spoder wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Despite having no criminal record or recorded usage of his firearm toward a person? The second is an "all X are Y" style flamebait.

Well obviously if he's carrying a gun he has criminal intent.

Blatantly false.

Paledonn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 19, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Paledonn » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Spoder wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Why should he be punished? He committed no crime.

And your a biased liberal asshole. So what if he has a gun? HE HAS A DAMN LISCENCE!

Estva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Estva » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Estva wrote:I live in an area where almost every business bans such idiocy.

Not idiocy.

Except it is, and the only reason you support it in the first place was because of your deluded Marxist-Leninist fantasies, as you said yourself.
Join the Libdems.

Spoder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Spoder wrote:Well obviously if he's carrying a gun he has criminal intent.

Blatantly false.

No, it's obviously true.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Paledonn wrote:
Spoder wrote:He was carrying a gun. He's a dangerous man and probably a racist conservative asshole.

And your a biased liberal asshole. So what if he has a gun? HE HAS A DAMN LISCENCE!

I'm a liberal and I don't oppose gun rights. Please refrain from labeling us "assholes".
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General