NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Like the Offensive?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:31 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Then the lutefisk will be done?

I have nothing but contempt for that crap.

Which explains the sad face.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:31 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gallade wrote:Just shave the shattered remnants away so it doesn't fill the rest of us with a strange sense of pity and emptiness.

Ha, white boys with shaved heads look weird to me, like cancer victims. black guys can pull off the look.

It depends on the head shape to me. Besides, better a skinhead than that God-awful hair above the ears and nowhere else look. So aging.

I don't envy the male lot at all, the thought of losing my hair would ruin me. It doesn't even have the decency to be an "of a certain age" thing.
DesAnges wrote:
Gallade wrote:It's brunch time where you are.

The first meal of the day is always breakfast.

Tsk, lazy sod.
The Holy Therns wrote:Just five more minutes... :(

And you.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:32 am

When you don't get your way, complain your way up the command chain until you do get your way. It's amazing how often that works in business.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:32 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Then the lutefisk will be done?

I know. :hug:

When I travelled, each place I went the locals made me eat the most disgusting regional cuisine they had, or what they thought it would be to an american. The Chinese made me eat dog, the French snails, the swedes lutefisk.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:34 am

DesAnges wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

That's what *i* thought.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:34 am

Gallade wrote:
DesAnges wrote:The first meal of the day is always breakfast.

Tsk, lazy sod.
Last edited by DesAnges on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:35 am

Lordieth wrote:When you don't get your way, complain your way up the command chain until you do get your way. It's amazing how often that works in business.

Or just keep asking different people till one says yes.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:36 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

I know. :hug:

When I travelled, each place I went the locals made me eat the most disgusting regional cuisine they had, or what they thought it would be to an american. The Chinese made me eat dog, the French snails, the swedes lutefisk.

Your opinion on escargot?
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
Combat Homelessness

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:37 am

Gallade wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:I know. :hug:

Provided you don't chew the bloody things, pretty good.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:39 am

Gallade wrote:

Love them snails in garlic and butter, disappointed the hell out of my hosts.

The swedes won btw.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:39 am

DesAnges wrote:
Gallade wrote:Your opinion on escargot?

Provided you don't chew the bloody things, pretty good.

I've only had them once, and I was too young to really remember the taste, though I recall I did like it. It's too expensive to have more than once in a blue moon.

Combat Homelessness

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:40 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Lordieth wrote:When you don't get your way, complain your way up the command chain until you do get your way. It's amazing how often that works in business.

Or just keep asking different people till one says yes.

Whatever works. Gets a bit tiring to be constantly told "we can't help" until you have to piss off enough people until it gets to the point that they realise the easiest course of action is to just do their bloody job properly and do as I ask. It's Friday and I want to wind down for the weekend, not get all assertive and managerial. Stop making me rain hellfire on supervisors.

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:41 am

Gallade wrote:

You must get the best escargot, what with those giant african snails.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:42 am

Lordieth wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Or just keep asking different people till one says yes.

Whatever works. Gets a bit tiring to be constantly told "we can't help" until you have to piss off enough people until it gets to the point that they realise the easiest course of action is to just do their bloody job properly and do as I ask. It's Friday and I want to wind down for the weekend, not get all assertive and managerial. Stop making me rain hellfire on supervisors.

Oh, I'd have a lot of fun with you in my employ. Probably construct a labyrinth and place what you want in an undisclosed area of it.

Combat Homelessness

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:43 am

Lordieth wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Or just keep asking different people till one says yes.

When they piss you off, your job is to make it worse oN them not better. The lesson to be taught is true aggrivation, like shit, flows downhill.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:45 am

Gallade wrote:
Lordieth wrote:

Oh, I'd have a lot of fun with you in my employ. Probably construct a labyrinth and place what you want in an undisclosed area of it.

I'd very much like out of the rat race, thank you.

Ethel mermania wrote:
Lordieth wrote:

When they piss you off, your job is to make it worse oN them not better. The lesson to be taught is true aggrivation, like shit, flows downhill.

Oh, I am. That's kind of the point. The more trouble I make for them, the more likely I'll get my way. It's just draining to have to fight them all the way to the end on what I consider to be trivial issues.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:47 am

DesAnges wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:

Nope.

Gallade wrote:And you.

I was uncharacteristically productive yesterday though. And today is cleany-day! \o/
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:49 am

Lordieth wrote:
Gallade wrote:Oh, I'd have a lot of fun with you in my employ. Probably construct a labyrinth and place what you want in an undisclosed area of it.

Ethel mermania wrote:When they piss you off, your job is to make it worse oN them not better. The lesson to be taught is true aggrivation, like shit, flows downhill.

Oh, I am. That's kind of the point. The more trouble I make for them, the more likely I'll get my way. It's just draining to have to fight them all the way to the end on what I consider to be trivial issues.

Oh galla, our little timone is learning the ways of the world, (cries).

That's when I get madder. The weird thing is I kinda expect it from employees who are bad, when I get it from good ones it's a wtf moment.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:55 am

Gallade wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Provided you don't chew the bloody things, pretty good.

I've only had them once, and I was too young to really remember the taste, though I recall I did like it. It's too expensive to have more than once in a blue moon.

Lovely and garlicky if swallowed whole, tasting of sludge of chewed.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:55 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Lordieth wrote:

That's when I get madder. The weird thing is I kinda expect it from employees who are bad, when I get it from good ones it's a wtf moment.

I find office arguments disproportionately aggravating, somehow. I can only say I've truly lost my shit three times in my life, two of those times being during stints at SEPAM involving an utter cunt in business development who I took no small pleasure in when he was given the boot back to China recently.

Combat Homelessness

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:57 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Lordieth wrote:

These aren't my employees. These are other companies. If it were my staff I'd hit the roof.

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:12 am

Lordieth wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

These aren't my employees. These are other companies. If it were my staff I'd hit the roof.

I eould highly, highly advise that you don't get obstinate with employees not under you, especially since they're not in your company. If they're delaying your work, report it to HR so it doesn't reflect badly on your review. Being that angry douche from x company makes your employers look bad.

Combat Homelessness

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:16 am

Gallade wrote:
Lordieth wrote:

I eould highly, highly advise that you don't get obstinate with employees not under you, especially since they're not in your company. If they're delaying your work, report it to HR so it doesn't reflect badly on your review. Being that angry douche from x company makes your employers look bad.

Mhm. Everyone in a company always has the duty of representing it in one form or another.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Lordieth
Post Czar

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:17 am

Gallade wrote:
Lordieth wrote:

I'm dealing with a appeal case regarding a customer of ours who claims they did not receive an item, where we have plenty of proof that he has. The company we use to list the item has sided in favour of the customer despite overwhelming evidence that it's fraud, and so the money has been taken from our account. All I can do is fight it up the chain until they either reverse the decision, or they flat out refuse to help. Not so much delaying my work, but that they've made a decision that is quite clearly wrong, and taken the money for it.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:17 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Gallade wrote:

Mhm. Everyone in a company always has the duty of representing it in one form or another.

That's why I don't tell here which company I work for.
The Blaatschapen should resign

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General