NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates' Transgender Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Dyrrachium wrote:
American Imperial Union wrote:
How do you "gatekeep" someone? I've always understood phobe to mean fear of not repulsion for. If I'm repulsed by l bad smells, I don't think that reaches the level of phobia. Excuse the analogy.

So they might refuse to accept their gender, which is their right. You can refuse that the moon exists, if you want. I think the thing about (some) homosexuals and transsexuals is that they don't seek tolerance. They seek and enforce acceptance. I don't think in a free society that anyone will have complete acceptance by everybody all the time.

Here's the thing, refusing to believe the moon exists hurts no one but yourself, whereas as refusing to accept someone's identified gender can cause emotional (and sometimes physical) hurt. There's a key difference.

What if I worship the moon? That causes me emotional hurt. Refusing to accept someone's identified gender doesn't cause physical harm.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment
Click here to open an Embassy in our capitol!

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Dyrrachium wrote:Here's the thing, refusing to believe the moon exists hurts no one but yourself, whereas as refusing to accept someone's identified gender can cause emotional (and sometimes physical) hurt. There's a key difference.

What if I worship the moon? That causes me emotional hurt. Refusing to accept someone's identified gender doesn't cause physical harm.

Your worshiping the moon and my claiming there is no moon does not cause you emotional hurt. My claiming to be a woman or man and your refusal to accept that does cause emotional issues because you are refusing to recognize the my self. And depending on the reaction the person failing to recognize can cause physical harm, considering trans individuals are often attacked, raped and or killed as a result of them being trans. For the remainder, there is a reason why trans individuals have a much higher rate of suicide than the rest of the population. If you are someone who is close to the trans person, your refusal to recognize can make already existing depression much much worse.

What many people seem to fail to realize is that being trans is about personal identification, thus being trans is about the self. Worshiping the moon is not.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Your worshiping the moon and my claiming there is no moon does not cause you emotional hurt. My claiming to be a woman or man and your refusal to accept that does cause emotional issues because you are refusing to recognize the my self. And depending on the reaction the person failing to recognize can cause physical harm, considering trans individuals are often attacked, raped and or killed as a result of them being trans. For the remainder, there is a reason why trans individuals have a much higher rate of suicide than the rest of the population. If you are someone who is close to the trans person, your refusal to recognize can make already existing depression much much worse.

What many people seem to fail to realize is that being trans is about personal identification, thus being trans is about the self. Worshiping the moon is not.

Some people identify themselves by their religion to the point that its how they define themselves.

Refusing to accept someone's self identification is not the same level as physical assault. Nor is that expression a direct cause of violence. Saying someone is wrong about their self identification is not the same as a physical assault imo
Last edited by American Imperial Union on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Some people identify themselves by their religion to the point that its how they define themselves.

Refusing to accept someone's self identification is not the same level as physical assault. Nor is that expression a direct cause of violence. Saying someone is wrong about their self identification is not the same as a physical assault imo

I wouldn't say its equivalent to physical assault. However, it does create an atmosphere of otherization (for lack of a better term), which is immediately before dehumanization. Both dehumanization and otherization, individually and together, contribute to a positive feedback loop of negative thoughts and actions which culminate in oppression and violence.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Grenartia wrote:

Possibly ostracize? But that might be a bit too "dramatic".
I wouldn't say its equivalent to physical assault. However, it does create an atmosphere of otherization (for lack of a better term), which is immediately before dehumanization. Both dehumanization and otherization, individually and together, contribute to a positive feedback loop of negative thoughts and actions which culminate in oppression and violence.
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:56 pm

Grenartia wrote:

Dicks will always find reasons to other and ostracize. If it's not your race or orientation than it would be something else.

I rather like these sorts, at least you know who to avoid. If someone is going to ostracize you, would you really want to be their friend anyway?

There's a very thick line between being a dick, ostracization and having an opinion. And there is a huge gulf between those things and physical attacks. Not accepting your gender doesn't cause physical attacks, Dicks do.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:02 pm

Grenartia wrote:

Dicks will always find reasons to other and ostracize. If it's not your race or orientation than it would be something else.

I rather like these sorts, at least you know who to avoid. If someone is going to ostracize you, would you really want to be their friend anyway?

There's a very thick line between being a dick, ostracization and having an opinion. And there is a huge gulf between those things and physical attacks. Not accepting your gender doesn't cause physical attacks, Dicks do.

Thank you, for utterly missing the point. And not responding to my other post.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Grenartia wrote:Thank you, for utterly missing the point. And not responding to my other post.

Sorry. Didn't see it. This one?

Grenartia wrote:No, because forcing us to disclose (which is what's being advocated here) puts us in incredibly grave danger, at significant risk of being beaten, raped, and/or killed. My and other trans people's right to life is not secondary to somebody else's comfort. To say nothing of the blatant slippery slope.

Only before sex or marriage should it be required. Your right to privacy is not greater than your partners right to be informed.
Infact I recall a similar case in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9982142/Teenage-victim-of-woman-who-pretended-to-be-a-man-speaks-out.html

Despicable behavior imo

Don't engage with people you don't know, if you know the person well enough it shouldn't be a problem. Or you can arrange for someone to be present when you inform your loved one.
Last edited by American Imperial Union on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Grenartia wrote:Thank you, for utterly missing the point. And not responding to my other post.

Grenartia wrote:No, because forcing us to disclose (which is what's being advocated here) puts us in incredibly grave danger, at significant risk of being beaten, raped, and/or killed. My and other trans people's right to life is not secondary to somebody else's comfort. To say nothing of the blatant slippery slope.

1. Only before sex or marriage should it be required. 2. Your right to privacy is not greater than your partners right to be informed.

3. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9982142/Teenage-victim-of-woman-who-pretended-to-be-a-man-speaks-out.html

4. Despicable behavior imo

5. Don't engage with people you don't know, if you know the person well enough it shouldn't be a problem. Or you can arrange for someone to be present when you inform your loved one.

1. That should be the rough social guideline, but hardly a legal requirement.

2. Its not our privacy I'm concerned about. Its our lives, our safety.

3. You can smell the transphobia dripping off that load of horseshit just by looking at the title.

4. Staying safe is despicable now?

5. Again, that should be the rough social guideline, but not a legal requirement.

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Grenartia wrote:

1. Only before sex or marriage should it be required. 2. Your right to privacy is not greater than your partners right to be informed.

3. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9982142/Teenage-victim-of-woman-who-pretended-to-be-a-man-speaks-out.html

4. Despicable behavior imo

5. Don't engage with people you don't know, if you know the person well enough it shouldn't be a problem. Or you can arrange for someone to be present when you inform your loved one.

3. You can smell the transphobia dripping off that load of horseshit just by looking at the title.

5. Again, that should be the rough social guideline, but not a legal requirement.

Transphobic? The Telegraph is a respected British news source.

Staying safe is not Despicable. Engaging in relations while deceiving your partner is. I think it should be grounds for divorce or rape conviction if not informed. Your basically engaging in relations with that person and deceiving them into engaging with oneself.
Last edited by American Imperial Union on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Grenartia wrote:

1. Transphobic? The Telegraph is a respected British news source.

2. Staying safe is not Despicable. 3. Engaging in relations while deceiving your partner is. I think it should be grounds for divorce or rape conviction if not informed. Your basically engaging in relations with that person and deceiving them into engaging with oneself.

1. You say that like that has any bearing on whether or not its transphobic.

2. You said, having previously said the opposite, and then promptly go on to say the opposite once more.

3. Deception in this context is a myth.

Schwere Panzer Abieltung 502
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Schwere Panzer Abieltung 502 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:54 pm

I'm actually a little confused as to how I might tell any future partners(or even friends) I'm trans, if I decide to go all the way and get HRT/surgery. Is it okay to not tell them at all? Presumably, if it is a serious relationship they will find out eventually, so that might mean you should tell them at some point or another, but as medicine gets better we will probably have trans people be able to pass as their gender no matter what. If I do go through with it I'd want to keep it quiet, nothing would make me more uncomfortable than people making a big deal out of it, even if they're happy for me, and from that point on I know I'd want to have as few people know I'm trans as possible.

Edit: Oops, this question was literally just answered. :)
Last edited by Schwere Panzer Abieltung 502 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3dank5u
call me Shannon ^-^

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Dyrrachium wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:No one. Has. A right. To fucking know.

Disclosure is a very personal choice.

I think, personally, at the end of the day it's something that's very personal about you, and that you should disclose to someone, if you feel you are intimate with them. It's just being honest.

You're assuming that people only have sex with people they are in a romantic relationship with. Lots of people have one-night stands, or short-term sexual arrangements.

Nature-Spirits wrote:No one. Has. A right. To fucking know.

Disclosure is a very personal choice.

1. Is not engaging in relationship also a very personal thing? Does your right to privacy trump the rights of your loved one to decide what sort of relationship she wants? If you engage in a relationship with someone you know has that view point, don't you think you're putting your rights and feelings above his/hers?

2. Gender transition is not a small thing, not just a matter of changing hormones. We're talking major surgical alteration. If that person found out later down the road, that could potentially be very emotionally damaging to that individual.

I'm a libertarian, I believe we should be able to do whatever we want with our bodies. But that doesn't give us a right to force it on others.

3. Besides, who wants a relationship you know will probably only last as long as you conceal and decieive about a huge part of yourself from your loved one?

1. You, too, are assuming that people only have sex with people they are in a romantic relationship with.

2. That is an extremely narrow view of transition. Transition can encompass many things, and in fact, surgery and/or hormones are not always involved. I plan to transition, but I don't plan to have any surgeries.

3. Well, that's why I, personally, don't wish to engage in relationships with transphobes. Also, this whole quandary only really applies to stealth transsexuals, a group that I do not and will never belong to. So, while I may have opinions on the matter, none of them really apply to me.

Val Halla wrote:I am away from home... Good.

Hooray!

Val Halla wrote:I'm trying to explain transgender t Mum. Help.

Ask her how she knows she's a woman. Ask her how she would feel if she woke up in a male body.

Grenartia wrote:
What if they're religious individuals and your particular medical history is against the tenets of their faith?

Don't they deserve a choice?

No, because forcing us to disclose (which is what's being advocated here) puts us in incredibly grave danger, at significant risk of being beaten, raped, and/or killed. My and other trans people's right to life is not secondary to somebody else's comfort. To say nothing of the blatant slippery slope.

Agreed 100%.

Dyrrachium wrote:Here's the thing, refusing to believe the moon exists hurts no one but yourself, whereas as refusing to accept someone's identified gender can cause emotional (and sometimes physical) hurt. There's a key difference.

This report would indicate otherwise.

Grenartia wrote:

1. Transphobic? The Telegraph is a respected British news source.

Staying safe is not Despicable. 2. Engaging in relations while deceiving your partner is. I think it should be grounds for divorce or rape conviction if not informed. Your basically engaging in relations with that person and deceiving them into engaging with oneself.

1. Let me quote snippets from the article:
"Christine Wilson told her teenage victims her name was Chris" -- Intentional misgendering is transphobia.
"The 26-year-old from Aberdeen, who has “gender identity disorder”" -- The scare quotes say it all.
"her disorder led her to “genuinely feel” that she was male" -- See above.
I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

2. And here we get into the whole deception narrative. Which, to be frank, is bullshit. Trans men are men. Trans women are women. Declining to disclose one's medical history is not deception -- it's privacy. And in many cases, that privacy is necessary to ensure one's own safety.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:50 pm

I think you are what you are born with. If you're born white but "feel" black, you can't just go all Rachelle dolezal. Even if you change your hair and tint your skin, or have facial surgery, you'll still be a white person.

You can have major surgery and take hormone replacement and mimic the opposite sex.

Of course there are intersex individuals but that's just like being half black half white. You're just both.

Of course you can disagree but my opinion is hardly unheard of. And im willing to bet that sooner or later a partner will find out and could potentially be hurt by that revelation. Whether they're religious or not. I feel for those people.

As far as relationships go, if you're engaging in extramarital relations with someone you barely know, that's an inherently dangerous thing anyway. I have a hard time sympathizing with any complication that comes out of that.
Last edited by American Imperial Union on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:54 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:1. I think you are what you are born with. 2. If you're born white but "feel" black, you can't just go all Rachelle dolezal. Even if you change your hair and tint your skin, or have facial surgery, you'll still be a white person.

3. You can have major surgery and take hormone replacement and mimic the opposite sex.

4. Of course there are intersex individuals but that's just like being half black half white. You're just both.

5. As far as relationships go, if you're engaging in extramarital relations with someone you barely know, that's an inherently dangerous thing anyway. I have a hard time sympathizing with any complication that comes out of that.

1. And the truth finally rears its ugly head.

2. Race =/= gender.

3. Sex =/= gender.

4. Finally an original and non-shitty point. Have a cookie.

5. And I have a hard time sympathizing with anybody who thinks that somebody's "right to know" a trivial piece of information trumps anybody else's right to life and safety.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Schwere Panzer Abieltung 502 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:59 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:I think you are what you are born with. If you're born white but "feel" black, you can't just go all Rachelle dolezal. Even if you change your hair and tint your skin, or have facial surgery, you'll still be a white person.

You can have major surgery and take hormone replacement and mimic the opposite sex.

Of course there are intersex individuals but that's just like being half black half white. You're just both.

Of course you can disagree but my opinion is hardly unheard of. And im willing to bet that sooner or later a partner will find out and could potentially be hurt by that revelation. Whether they're religious or not. I feel for those people.

As far as relationships go, if you're engaging in extramarital relations with someone you barely know, that's an inherently dangerous thing anyway. I have a hard time sympathizing with any complication that comes out of that.

Why do trans people have to account for anybody who wants to change themselves? This is just like during the gay marriage debate - why did gay people have to account for the purported people who want to marry animals or inanimate objects? They didn't.
3dank5u
call me Shannon ^-^

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:59 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:1. I think you are what you are born with. If you're born white but "feel" black, you can't just go all Rachelle dolezal. Even if you change your hair and tint your skin, or have facial surgery, you'll still be a white person.

2. You can have major surgery and take hormone replacement and mimic the opposite sex.

3. Of course there are intersex individuals but that's just like being half black half white. You're just both.

Literally the stupidest point ever brought in this thread. Ever. No fucking merit and there's so many holes I'd take Swiss cheese as logic over this tragedy.

Now, to address this seriously without laughing.

1. Race is different than sex, and sex is WAY different from gender. Numerous definitions of gender and sex have come up, none of which are pointing to the two being the same. Sex describes what genitalia you have, and what hormones you recieve, and even then, people like to take a extra step further and point out chromosomes.

XX chromosomes can trigger the SRY gene, to which the male cannot produce sperm. There are also defects to which males and females cannot reproduce, which in that case some have a XXX, XXXY, those types of chromosome pairings, rendering this whole, "You're born a man because of your chromosomes".

2. Gender*. Opposite Gender, and this is only if we are talking about the binary of gender, which is both Male and Female.

3. Intersex is not both. It is a combination of the two sexes on the binary, to which may or may not have an impact on gender.
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

Hetalia Dakota 2 II
Post Marshal

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetalia Dakota 2 II » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:03 pm

American Imperial Union wrote:I think you are what you are born with. If you're born white but "feel" black, you can't just go all Rachelle dolezal. Even if you change your hair and tint your skin, or have facial surgery, you'll still be a white person.

Why the hell did you make an account for the express purpose of trolling a trans thread with your 'opinions' on our existence, we don't havd this thread for this shit, stop being a scumbag ally and get out with your trash talk, we don't need this from you, no positive is gained from your shut posting here with your toxicity.
Signatures are boring.
SQUIG: #2

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:10 pm

Grenartia wrote:
American Imperial Union wrote:1. I think you are what you are born with. 2. If you're born white but "feel" black, you can't just go all Rachelle dolezal. Even if you change your hair and tint your skin, or have facial surgery, you'll still be a white person.

3. You can have major surgery and take hormone replacement and mimic the opposite sex.

4. Of course there are intersex individuals but that's just like being half black half white. You're just both.

5. As far as relationships go, if you're engaging in extramarital relations with someone you barely know, that's an inherently dangerous thing anyway. I have a hard time sympathizing with any complication that comes out of that.

2. Race =/= gender.

3. Sex =/= gender.

5. And I have a hard time sympathizing with anybody who thinks that somebody's "right to know" a trivial piece of information trumps anybody else's right to life and safety.

The truth didn't rear its head, it's self evident.

Race isn't the same as gender, but it's a good analogy and shows the folly of the whole thing. Sex is directly related to gender. Transsexuality is akin to body identity disorder. So convinced that one is really xyz that you start chopping things off. You can do whatever you want but medical and legal history of the persons should be disclosed by the government to both before any marriage license can be legal. At the least.

Probably wouldn't want to get married to someone who is going to try to hurt you after you disclose your gender dysphagia any way. And why would they get violent unless they were emotionally abused by the fact that they've been engaged to someone who deceived them about what they were really born as.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:15 pm

Hetalia Dakota 2 II wrote:

Why the hell did you make an account for the express purpose of trolling a trans thread with your 'opinions' on our existence, we don't havd this thread for this shit, stop being a scumbag ally and get out with your trash talk, we don't need this from you, no positive is gained from your shut posting here with your toxicity.

I just feel strongly about my right to know cause I realize how I would feel being deceived by someone I love and realizing that I broke my religious beliefs and offended god

I've got no problem with trans people at all we all have a right to live in peace and do what we want with our bodies im not condemning transsexuals at all
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment

Hetalia Dakota 2 II
Post Marshal

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetalia Dakota 2 II » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Hetalia Dakota 2 II wrote:Why the hell did you make an account for the express purpose of trolling a trans thread with your 'opinions' on our existence, we don't havd this thread for this shit, stop being a scumbag ally and get out with your trash talk, we don't need this from you, no positive is gained from your shut posting here with your toxicity.

I just feel strongly about my right to know cause I realize how I would feel being deceived by someone I love and realizing that I broke my religious beliefs and offended god

I've got no problem with trans people at all we all have a right to live in peace and do what we want with our bodies im not condemning transsexuals at all

Your post right there, ya that's the most offensive thing I've ever read, how Boyt you leave this safe space as you make us feel unsafe, you essentially just broke all the ground rules, we're not here to educate you.
Signatures are boring.
SQUIG: #2

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Schwere Panzer Abieltung 502 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:23 pm

Hetalia Dakota 2 II wrote:Why the hell did you make an account for the express purpose of trolling a trans thread with your 'opinions' on our existence, we don't havd this thread for this shit, stop being a scumbag ally and get out with your trash talk, we don't need this from you, no positive is gained from your shut posting here with your toxicity.

Someone does something I don't like!! The horror!

It would be different if you accidentally married a Soviet sleeper agent or ISIS operative who doesn't talk about his/her past times very much. But trans people are never going to be out to hurt you with their trans-ness. That's actually pretty ridiculous just to think it. So you don't have to be so defensive. And if you happen to become friends with someone, only to find out that they are trans? Tough titties. You can either decide you don't want to talk to them anymore, or you can accept that they have made a decision - a very personal one that only they can make - and are probably going to stick with their decision over being your friend.
3dank5u
call me Shannon ^-^

American Imperial Union
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby American Imperial Union » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Schwere Panzer Abieltung 502 wrote:

Someone does something I don't like!! The horror!

It would be different if you accidentally married a Soviet sleeper agent or ISIS operative who doesn't talk about his/her past times very much. But trans people are never going to be out to hurt you with their trans-ness. That's actually pretty ridiculous just to think it. So you don't have to be so defensive. And if you happen to become friends with someone, only to find out that they are trans? Tough titties. You can either decide you don't want to talk to them anymore, or you can accept that they have made a decision - a very personal one that only they can make - and are probably going to stick with their decision over being your friend.

I wouldn't stop getting friends with someone because they're trans. It's not my place. I would like to know before I married or snagged them though.
Sir Frederick North
Secretary of State
Imperial State Deparment

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Schwere Panzer Abieltung 502 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:29 pm

Schwere Panzer Abieltung 502 wrote:Someone does something I don't like!! The horror!

I wouldn't stop getting friends with someone because they're trans. It's not my place. I would like to know before I married or snagged them though.

Then you can just ask them, but it's still their choice whether or not to tell you. I'm sure you wouldn't like to jump through hoops to prove your gender before getting married, regardless of whether or not you are trans. Nobody needs to prove anything when it comes to gender.
3dank5u
call me Shannon ^-^

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Grenartia wrote:

2. Race =/= gender.

3. Sex =/= gender.

1. The truth didn't rear its head, it's self evident.

2. Race isn't the same as gender, but it's a good analogy and shows the folly of the whole thing. 3. Sex is directly related to gender. Transsexuality is akin to body identity disorder. So convinced that one is really xyz that you start chopping things off. 4. You can do whatever you want but medical and legal history of the persons should be disclosed by the government to both before any marriage license can be legal. At the least.

5. Probably wouldn't want to get married to someone who is going to try to hurt you after you disclose your 5.5. gender dysphagia any way. 6. And why would they get violent unless they were emotionally abused by the fact that they've been engaged to someone who deceived them about what they were really born as.

1. Gren was talking about your ultimate admittance of your transphobic beliefs.

2. This article explains why that's wrong better than I could.

3. Wrong. As a trans person, I do suffer from gender dysphoria, a condition that causes me to feel intense discomfort with parts of my body, as well as with being labelled as a man. And by the way, I have no wish to chop off my cock, thanks.

4. That's a fucked up idea on so many levels.

5. Personally, I agree.

5.5. Gender dysphagia: A difficulty in swallowing genders. (Gender dysphagia isn't a real thing; the term you're looking for is dysphoria -- which, I should note, is distinct from being transgender in and of itself.)

6. Again with that deception narrative, eh?
Last edited by Nature-Spirits on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General