NATION

PASSWORD

Should we tell our kids Santa is real?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:07 pm

-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:
The Confederacy of Nationalism wrote:I don't worship any deity, so I just found it a bit strange & hypocritical that you'd call idol worshiping disgusting.

Idols are idols Allah is god and is a huge difference idols means besides Allah and indicates polytheism instead of monotheism so I am not being hypocritical at all by saying worshiping idols is bad and worshiping god is good yes god can be considered and idol but not the contex that I inteanded hope this clears confusions. Any way back on topic it just is a insentive for parents to get kids to behave and ease on teachers by using principles that are used to describe god. This is just so wrong on may levels I just cannot believe this is socially & morally acceptable and for sales and crap wow! I can't believe how synical people are this isn't Mericale on 34th street. I'll be honest I enjoy some of the movies but those are movies and not real life. I guess all we can do is hope the future sees the wrongs with it and replaces it with rights.

And polytheism is bad...because? And essentially your argument is "idol worship is okay, so long as it is my idol"?
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

-Shie-
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Shie- » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:08 pm

Santa isn't in the bible, don't tell your kids about that. I wouldn't have Santa in my home on Christmas and I might not celebrate Christmas.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 9.05

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Highever wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:Idols are idols Allah is god and is a huge difference idols means besides Allah and indicates polytheism instead of monotheism so I am not being hypocritical at all by saying worshiping idols is bad and worshiping god is good yes god can be considered and idol but not the contex that I inteanded hope this clears confusions. Any way back on topic it just is a insentive for parents to get kids to behave and ease on teachers by using principles that are used to describe god. This is just so wrong on may levels I just cannot believe this is socially & morally acceptable and for sales and crap wow! I can't believe how synical people are this isn't Mericale on 34th street. I'll be honest I enjoy some of the movies but those are movies and not real life. I guess all we can do is hope the future sees the wrongs with it and replaces it with rights.

And polytheism is bad...because? And essentially your argument is "idol worship is okay, so long as it is my idol"?

Yes that is my argument k!
نحن أبناء الإسلام التي أثارها الهدى والنور من الاسود مثل الشيخ أسامة ورفيقه أيمن مليئة شجاعة مثل أبو مصعب والأمير خطاب نموذجنا دور محمد الحبيب هو لدينا الضوء والمعلم ويترك كافة الأمر إلى الله
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I support a FreeSyriaDo you?
http://ahraralsham.net/
Want to add me on kik? send me a TG!

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Highever wrote:And polytheism is bad...because? And essentially your argument is "idol worship is okay, so long as it is my idol"?

Well, as long as you recognize how absurd and illogical it sounds.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:11 pm

Highever wrote:

Well, as long as you recognize how absurd and illogical it sounds.

What ever believe what you want who am I to tell you what to believe I have a right to express my self as you do.
نحن أبناء الإسلام التي أثارها الهدى والنور من الاسود مثل الشيخ أسامة ورفيقه أيمن مليئة شجاعة مثل أبو مصعب والأمير خطاب نموذجنا دور محمد الحبيب هو لدينا الضوء والمعلم ويترك كافة الأمر إلى الله
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:12 pm

-Shie- wrote:Santa isn't in the bible, don't tell your kids about that. I wouldn't have Santa in my home on Christmas and I might not celebrate Christmas.

So if it is not in the bible, you shouldn't tell children about it? Or am I mistaken?
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Highever wrote:Well, as long as you recognize how absurd and illogical it sounds.

What ever believe what you want who am I to tell you what to believe I have a right to express my self as you do.

That directly contradicts what you have just been saying. You have literally just got finished telling people they should not believe in Santa.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:14 pm

I'll teach them about Saint Nicholas and what he did, sure.

But Santa? Nope, not at all.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

-Shie-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Shie- » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Highever wrote:
-Shie- wrote:Santa isn't in the bible, don't tell your kids about that. I wouldn't have Santa in my home on Christmas and I might not celebrate Christmas.

So if it is not in the bible, you shouldn't tell children about it? Or am I mistaken?

You're mistaken, the things we tell our children should be biblical but don't think all we tell kids have to come from it.
Last edited by -Shie- on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Highever wrote:And polytheism is bad...because? And essentially your argument is "idol worship is okay, so long as it is my idol"?

Isn't referring to Allah as an idol a big no-no in Islam? I mean, you guys went to some pretty big lengths to ensure that graven images were destroyed back in the day.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:16 pm

-Shie- wrote:
Highever wrote:So if it is not in the bible, you shouldn't tell children about it? Or am I mistaken?

You're mistaken, the things we tell our children should be biblical but don't all we tell kids don't fully have to come from it.

So when are we going to tell them about the nonbiblical things like computers and NSG ?
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:17 pm

I find it ironic how folks always say the holiday season is a time for cheer and brings out the best in people. When in fact it brings out the worse go to toysRus wal-mart or any other major toy selling retailer the lines are packed and fighting all to get specific toys and stuff like that also road rage is higher than average around this time. And greed as well. We all seen the black Friday riots. Also standing in lines for photographs with Santa Claus getting irritated. Influx of people at malls it gets to extremes for the worse in people in fact.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:17 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
-Shie- wrote:You're mistaken, the things we tell our children should be biblical but don't all we tell kids don't fully have to come from it.

So when are we going to tell them about the nonbiblical things like computers and NSG ?

That was mostly what I was getting at myself.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:18 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
-Shie- wrote:You're mistaken, the things we tell our children should be biblical but don't all we tell kids don't fully have to come from it.

I suppose he means in reference to Christmas, Santa Claus should not be taught as the focus of said holiday. Because it isn't, really.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:19 pm

-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:I find it ironic how folks always say the holiday season is a time for cheer and brings out the best in people. When in fact it brings out the worse go to toysRus wal-mart or any other major toy selling retailer the lines are packed and fighting all to get specific toys and stuff like that also road rage is higher than average around this time. And greed as well. We all seen the black Friday riots. Also standing in lines for photographs with Santa Claus getting irritated. Influx of people at malls it gets to extremes for the worse in people in fact.

You and Charlie Brown should chat sometime.

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Salus Maior wrote:

Isn't referring to Allah as an idol a big no-no in Islam? I mean, you guys went to some pretty big lengths to ensure that graven images were destroyed back in the day.

He is a deity but I don't want this thread locked so pleas back on topic. And I wish I could have been there with Abu Bakr,Umar,Uthman and Ali destroying those images thanks for asking about my religion back on topic plz!:)

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

I suppose he means in reference to Christmas, Santa Claus should not be taught as the focus of said holiday. Because it isn't, really.

An old winter god delivering presents and punishment ?
Surely sounds like a good focus for winter festivities to me. But indeed; perhaps not refer to such a feast as "Christ-Mass".
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

-Shie-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Shie- » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:22 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:

Any time is good if they're told about these things with God in mind.

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:24 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Surely sounds like a good focus for winter festivities to me. But indeed; perhaps not refer to such a feast as "Christ-Mass".

Christmas is for Christians
Eid is for Muslims
Hanukah for Jews
Atheists Winter Solcsites I don't even see the whole desire to want to celebrate this day? By any one really look at JWs they don't care about it.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:25 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:An old winter god delivering presents and punishment ?

Christmas is for Christians
Eid is for Muslims
Hanukah for Jews
Atheists Winter Solcsites I don't even see the whole desire to want to celebrate this day? By any one really look at JWs they don't care about it.

Christmas is far from being exclusively for Christians. I know of no atheists who celebrate the solstice.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:26 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

If you want to celebrate the pagan holiday often associated with Christmas, you just missed it. The solstice was the 21st.

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Highever wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:Christmas is for Christians
Eid is for Muslims
Hanukah for Jews

Christmas is far from being exclusively for Christians. I know of no atheists who celebrate the solstice.

I didn't say it was im trying to say this is how it should be. Sorry for not making that clearer .

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Highever wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:Christmas is for Christians
Eid is for Muslims
Hanukah for Jews

Who only celebrate it because of the tradition passed down by their Christian ancestors.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Highever wrote:Christmas is far from being exclusively for Christians. I know of no atheists who celebrate the solstice.

I didn't say it was im trying to say this is how it should be. Sorry for not making that clearer .

If we are truly going for the whole "how it should be" angle, What is modern day Christmas should be for the pagans, and Christians should have a holiday in spring. Besides, Christmas goes far beyond the birth of Jesus, it is a time to be with family and all that.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Highever wrote:Christmas is far from being exclusively for Christians. I know of no atheists who celebrate the solstice.

Who only celebrate it because of the tradition passed down by their Christian ancestors.

And those ancestors only cerebrated it because it was passed down from pagan traditions of the Solstice.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General