NATION

PASSWORD

Tattoos

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you have tattoos? Do you like them?

I like them
27%
I do not like them
20%
I have (a) tattoo(s)
11%
I do not have any tattoos.
42%

Total votes : 255

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Pensalum wrote:Yeah that's what I thought too, but all the other tree tattoos were too short.

Something like this more like:

You know, if you were to take that photo to a tattoo artist, they can actually replicate it in drawing to get you the tattoo you want. Even resize it.

Rio de Fuego wrote:I guess, but more tentacley (totally a word).

You would wager correctly
Get out Nazi punks

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:29 pm

While I'm probably never gonna get one, I do think good tattoos are nice/attractive.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
You know, if you were to take that photo to a tattoo artist, they can actually replicate it in drawing to get you the tattoo you want. Even resize it.

It's hard to explain in words, I drew it out once on paper, it looks neat
Get out Nazi punks

Pensalum
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pensalum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Pensalum wrote:Yeah that's what I thought too, but all the other tree tattoos were too short.

Something like this more like:

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. Anyway, I have too great a fear of commitment for a tattoo. Plus I'm 17, and I don't think I want to make that kind of decision this early.
I read the worst thing ever in a bathrobe of off-white terrycloth

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Have you considered Celtic knots tattoos?
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Rio de Fuego wrote:You would wager correctly

Eh, I don't want it to look like a tribal tattoo
Get out Nazi punks

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Pensalum wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. Anyway, I have too great a fear of commitment for a tattoo. Plus I'm 17, and I don't think I want to make that kind of decision this early.

Frankly, a wise position to hold. It is true, getting a tattoo is indeed a commitment because of how permanent they are (not that you can't remove them with laser, you can, but I hear that's painful). It's best that if you're to get one you of age, first and foremost, and that you're sure sure sure sure that that's what you want to get.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

New Kvenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Kvenland » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Don't really want a tattoo, but don't mind people who have them.
californian ultranationalist | the bear flag will fly from cabo to the great salt lake once again | the pretenders in arizona will crumble to the sand they tread on

Dalcaria
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:34 pm

I don't have tattoos and don't plan on getting any, since I like my body as is. I'm not usually a huge fan of them on other people as well, but I'm sure I could make exceptions if something was truly nice looking. But more often then not, I kind of just see them from a more practical perspective as distracting. :p

Edit: To clarify, I'm not going to kick up a fuss if someone has tattoos, that's their own business. I meant what I said from a purely aesthetic standpoint.
Last edited by Dalcaria on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Take Fascism and remove the racism, ultra-nationalism, oppression, murder, and replace these things with proper civil rights and freedoms and what do you get? Us, a much stronger and more free nation than most."
"Tell me, is it still a 'revolution' or 'liberation' when you are killing our men, women, and children in front of us for not allowing themselves to be 'saved' by you? Call Communism and Democracy whatever you want, but to our people they're both the same thing; Oppression."
"You say manifest destiny, I say act of war. You're free to disagree with me, but I tend to make my arguments with a gun."
Since everyone does one of these: Impeach Democracy, Legalize Monarchy, Incompetent leadership is theft.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Eh, I don't want it to look like a tribal tattoo

Not to worry, Celtic tattoos differ from Tribal ones.
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Pensalum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pensalum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Pensalum wrote:Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. Anyway, I have too great a fear of commitment for a tattoo. Plus I'm 17, and I don't think I want to make that kind of decision this early.

Frankly, a wise position to hold. It is true, getting a tattoo is indeed a commitment because of how permanent they are (not that you can't remove them with laser, you can, but I hear that's painful). It's best that if you're to get one you of age, first and foremost, and that you're sure sure sure sure that that's what you want to get.

Yeah exactly. If I ever got one, I want it to be still cool when I'm an old man. That's also kind of why I want it to have a meaning, so when someone asks me about it when I'm older, I have something other to say then "I liked how it looked" (not that there's anything wrong with that). What do you think of ancient Ogham as a tattoo?

H-Alba
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby H-Alba » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Meryuma wrote:
Manisdog wrote:A higher prevalence of tattooing and piercings was observed in groups with a history of psychiatric disorders, criminal records, alcohol, tobacco and illicit drug consumption and initiation of sexual activity (p < 0,001).e

Having debauched habits doesn't make you evil, and having mental health issues certainly doesn't.

H-Alba wrote:I have a few tattoos, including Mary holding a rosary on my arm. You can somewhat see it in this picture.

Are you Catholic now? I thought I remembered you being a druid...

I have not always been a Druid, and I am from a Catholic village/parish in Scotland; after my mum died I got it in memory of her.
I serve Queen and Country

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Rio de Fuego wrote:Eh, I don't want it to look like a tribal tattoo

*Phew* Well I have to say it looks neat, I might have to find a way to work that sort of thing into my long term tattooing plans
Get out Nazi punks

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Pensalum wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Yeah exactly. If I ever got one, I want it to be still cool when I'm an old man. That's also kind of why I want it to have a meaning, so when someone asks me about it when I'm older, I have something other to say then "I liked how it looked" (not that there's anything wrong with that). What do you think of ancient Ogham as a tattoo?

Some of it, when done properly, looks good. Like this one. If the artist can't manage, however, the Ogham ends up looking like chicken wire. :/
Slava Ukraini

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

*Phew* Well I have to say it looks neat, I might have to find a way to work that sort of thing into my long term tattooing plans

I wish you luck in your search and happy tattooing. :D
Slava Ukraini

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Rio de Fuego wrote:*Phew* Well I have to say it looks neat, I might have to find a way to work that sort of thing into my long term tattooing plans

I wish you luck in your search and happy tattooing. :D

Many thanks
Get out Nazi punks

Pensalum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pensalum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Pensalum wrote:Yeah exactly. If I ever got one, I want it to be still cool when I'm an old man. That's also kind of why I want it to have a meaning, so when someone asks me about it when I'm older, I have something other to say then "I liked how it looked" (not that there's anything wrong with that). What do you think of ancient Ogham as a tattoo?

Some of it, when done properly, looks good. Like this one. If the artist can't manage, however, the Ogham ends up looking like chicken wire. :/

Yeah. I would consider ogham for myself since I'm not Irish, and only know a few words in Irish, but I think it's really cool looking as a language.

I'd actually be weary of a foreign language tattoo unless you're extremely sure about the translation, because you wouldn't want a grammatical error on your chest.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Pensalum wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Yeah. I would consider ogham for myself since I'm not Irish, and only know a few words in Irish, but I think it's really cool looking as a language.

I'd actually be weary of a foreign language tattoo unless you're extremely sure about the translation, because you wouldn't want a grammatical error on your chest.

Oh, absolutely. I seem to recall that there are Ogham translators online so you can always check, if and when you get one, that the marks are correct.
Slava Ukraini

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Pensalum wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I'm actually thinking of doing a favorite literary quote of mine in russian, but I agree, it's best to know for certain what something says before you do it.
Get out Nazi punks

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Oh, and... my tats. ^_^
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Oh, and... my tats. ^_^

That last one is real cool
Get out Nazi punks

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Oh, and... my tats. ^_^

That last one is real cool

Yeah, I loved it when I found it online. I have it on my right shoulder blade.
Slava Ukraini

Pensalum
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pensalum » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Pensalum wrote:Yeah. I would consider ogham for myself since I'm not Irish, and only know a few words in Irish, but I think it's really cool looking as a language.

I'm actually thinking of doing a favorite literary quote of mine in russian, but I agree, it's best to know for certain what something says before you do it.

What's the quote?

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Rio de Fuego wrote:That last one is real cool

What is the symbol taken from? If that question makes sense.
Get out Nazi punks

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Rio de Fuego wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

What is the symbol taken from? If that question makes sense.

It means ''Life, Love and Loyalty''.
Slava Ukraini

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General