NATION

PASSWORD

Ferguson Megathread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The United Territories of Providence
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Territories of Providence » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Skappola wrote:So far 2 pizza places, an auto parts store, a public storage building, and a Walgreens have been set on fire. Did I miss anything?

Also, apparently multiple guns are being fired using ammo, not rubber bullets.

They looted my favorite dollar tree, it's across the street from a Walmart and next to a krispy kreme....Oh god please not the krispy kreme too!
Last edited by The United Territories of Providence on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

FORMER REPUBLICAN
SOCIAL DEMOCRAT
Economic: -2.5
Social: -5.28

LGBTQ Rights
Palestine
Medicare for All
Gender Equality
Green Energy
Legal Immigration
Abortion rights
Democracy
Assault Weapons Ban
Censorship
MRA
Fundamentalism
Fascism
Political Correctness
Fascism
Monarchy
Illegal Immigration
Capitalism
Free Trade

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 pm

The United Territories of Providence wrote:They've burned down my grandmothers workplace, she is a cashier at the Walgreens. Well....was....it's gone. What the hell is going on, we're the show me state....we have more couth than this.

I think a good amount of the rioters are not locals and are just idiots from around the country looking for an excuse to loot.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Kalifati Arab shqiptar
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalifati Arab shqiptar » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Skappola wrote:So far 2 pizza places, an auto parts store, a public storage building, and a Walgreens have been set on fire. Did I miss anything?

Also, apparently multiple guns are being fired using ammo, not rubber bullets.

State Trooper 987 still missing and McDonald's in fire.

Anglo-California
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 pm

NO THEY ATTACKED THE TOYS R US! :(

That's it, I'm calling my Korean friends.
American nationalist. Secular Traditionalist.
On the American Revolution.

3rd Place for Sexiest Male under 18.
Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Hornesia wrote:
The United Territories of Providence wrote:They've burned down my grandmothers workplace, she is a cashier at the Walgreens. Well....was....it's gone. What the hell is going on, we're the show me state....we have more couth than this.

I think a good amount of the rioters are not locals and are just idiots from around the country looking for an excuse to loot.

Apparently the KKK jerkwads have joined the action too...

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Territories of Providence » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Harpers Ferry wrote:

Sorry to hear...my dad is an officer in this mess right now....is anything happening in Spanish Lake?

In a local apartment complex, i'm hearing some bangs. Fireworks or gunshots I don't know, but there's a little activity.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

FORMER REPUBLICAN
SOCIAL DEMOCRAT

LGBTQ Rights
Palestine
Medicare for All
Gender Equality
Green Energy
Legal Immigration
Abortion rights
Democracy
Assault Weapons Ban
Censorship
MRA
Fundamentalism
Fascism
Political Correctness
Fascism
Monarchy
Illegal Immigration
Capitalism
Free Trade

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:13 pm

A riot is the voice of the unheard, abused, and oppressed. Here's hoping there are maximum casualties on the side of the thugs who provoke this violence behind their uniforms.LMurderers and allies to murderers the lot of them.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Oil exporting People
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Oil exporting People » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:13 pm

Vjaarland wrote:Police are retreating from Toys R Us and O'Reilly Autoparts.

I was listening to that on their scanner. There unit at the Toys R Us is very lucky to have gotten out of there, as it was just that one cop against the occupants of like 100 protester cars.

Honestly at this point, the National Guard needs to be sent in to restore order before this gets any further out of hand.
National Syndicalist
“The blood of the heroes is closer to God than the ink of the philosophers and the prayers of the faithful.” - Julius Evola
Endorsing Greg "Grab 'em by the Neck" Gianforte and Brett "I Like Beer" Kavanaugh for 2020

Hornesia
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hornesia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:13 pm

987 is safe.
Hobbies:Civil war reenacting, Filmmaking doing stupid things with cars
Music: Hardcore Punk/Metalcore/Post-Hardcore/Screamo/Whatever they're calling loud music with screaming these days
Bands I'm into: Silverstein, Defeater, The Ghost Inside, Expire, Ice Nine Kills, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Amidst The Grave's Demons
Movies/TV: The Dirties, End of Watch, Sicario, Frozen, True Detective, The Fall, Happy Valley
Literature: Kurt Vonnegut, The Kite Runner, Truman Capote, Southern Gothic

Pseudo-redneck half Jew liberal from the deep south.

Harpers Ferry
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Harpers Ferry » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:14 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:A riot is the voice of the unheard, abused, and oppressed. Here's hoping there are maximum casualties on the side of the thugs who provoke this violence behind their uniforms.LMurderers and allies to murderers the lot of them.

Go to hell.
Kingdom of Viana wrote:I don't need specific evidence to prove something that is obviously true.
NSG's Bloody Sunday, a date which shall live in infamy.

The Doors

Anglo-California
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Hornesia wrote:I think a good amount of the rioters are not locals and are just idiots from around the country looking for an excuse to loot.

And so it begins...

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:14 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:A riot is the voice of the unheard, abused, and oppressed. Here's hoping there are maximum casualties on the side of the thugs who provoke this violence behind their uniforms.LMurderers and allies to murderers the lot of them.

WAY to not sound totally irrational when there's already calls for arms.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Hornesia wrote:I think a good amount of the rioters are not locals and are just idiots from around the country looking for an excuse to loot.

One of the people streaming the violence was complaining about the police setting this all up. He has over 87K viewers until a guy stole his phone and ran off with it while calling him a nigger.
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

There is not a single part of that post that was in any way constructive, insightful, or helpful, and I say that as someone utterly dismayed by the Grand Jury's decision.

Oil exporting People
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Oil exporting People » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Reports of shots fired, followed by a report of men in a pickup truck driving around in masks. Not sure if it's connected.
National Syndicalist
“The blood of the heroes is closer to God than the ink of the philosophers and the prayers of the faithful.” - Julius Evola
Endorsing Greg "Grab 'em by the Neck" Gianforte and Brett "I Like Beer" Kavanaugh for 2020

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Territories of Providence » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Remember when Bill Clinton talked about fixing what's wrong with America, with what's right with her? You're what he wanted to fix.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

FORMER REPUBLICAN
SOCIAL DEMOCRAT

LGBTQ Rights
Palestine
Medicare for All
Gender Equality
Green Energy
Legal Immigration
Abortion rights
Democracy
Assault Weapons Ban
Censorship
MRA
Fundamentalism
Fascism
Political Correctness
Fascism
Monarchy
Illegal Immigration
Capitalism
Free Trade

Vjaarland
Envoy

Founded: May 19, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vjaarland » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Oil exporting People wrote:
Vjaarland wrote:Police are retreating from Toys R Us and O'Reilly Autoparts.

I was listening to that on their scanner. There unit at the Toys R Us is very lucky to have gotten out of there, as it was just that one cop against the occupants of like 100 protester cars.

Honestly at this point, the National Guard needs to be sent in to restore order before this gets any further out of hand.

I agree. At this point, I'll support most anything the police need to do in order to restore order. I'm honestly a little concerned for my safety right now.
[16:08] <Arkiasis> What's Vjaarland doing tonight? The same thing he does every night. Try and take over the world!

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Anglo-California wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:

And so it begins...

Don't quote me on it, I was repeating word-of-post from another NS'er...

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Hornesia wrote:987 is safe.

Thank God!
Last edited by Skappola on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Harpers Ferry wrote:-snip-

Cut it out. We don't need to have more warnings and bans.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Anglo-California
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:16 pm

I've been to Missouri. I really liked it. I loved the towns of Joplin and Springfield. And St. Louis was pretty slick, too. The Midwest is just great.

Well, word is that rioting is going to break out in Oakland, but in California, this sort of thing happens all of the time, especially in Oakland.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Vjaarland wrote:
Oil exporting People wrote:

I agree. At this point, I'll support most anything the police need to do in order to restore order. I'm honestly a little concerned for my safety right now.

I live with a black dude. I'm good.

Harpers Ferry
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Harpers Ferry » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:16 pm

The United Territories of Providence wrote:
Harpers Ferry wrote:Sorry to hear...my dad is an officer in this mess right now....is anything happening in Spanish Lake?

In a local apartment complex, i'm hearing some bangs. Fireworks or gunshots I don't know, but there's a little activity.

Hopefully fireworks, stay safe.
Kingdom of Viana wrote:I don't need specific evidence to prove something that is obviously true.
NSG's Bloody Sunday, a date which shall live in infamy.

The Doors

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Harpers Ferry wrote:

Go to hell.

*** Warned for flaming ***.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Ralkovian Grand Island
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovian Grand Island » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:

Good. Paramilitary forces to put down riots is always good.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk.

Estainia: The countless genocides...So many countless genocides.

Old Tyrannia wrote:You've never met Ralk before, have you? Ralk doesn't have friends.
He only respects the strong, and preys on the weak.
He might act polite and smile all the time, but always remember...
The day will come when you'll wake up to find him looming over your bed,
knife in hand, and he'll still be smiling.

Constaniana wrote:Ralk is evil incarnate, shouldn't you know this by now?

Seriong wrote:Ralk isn't a troll, he's just despicable.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General