NATION

PASSWORD

Ferguson Megathread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Iron Fist Sovereignty
Spokesperson

Founded: May 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Fist Sovereignty » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Let's be honest here... If Darren Wilson was black and Michael Brown was white, none of this would be happening. Racial equality has surpassed racial equality and has become black supremacy - African Americans are supposed to be treated differently from everyone else in our society. I'm not racist, but this is how it is and it's bullshit.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
AFAIK, Zimmerman was white, not Hispanic.

EDIT: according to this, he's both. white and Hispanic.

Hispanic is not a race. Latino Americans come in black, white, and mestizo varieties.

Now don't go bringing truth into this...

Kalifati Arab shqiptar
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalifati Arab shqiptar » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 pm

The Social Justice Warrior wrote:
Kalifati Arab shqiptar wrote:How many REAL innocent palestinians were killed in August, huh?

again, relevance?

i weep for the palestinians and the systemic oppression they endure as a class of people on a daily business under the thumb of corrupt governance, psychotic "freedom fighters", and the iron fist of the at times tyrannical israeli government and israeli settlers.

this doesn't prevent me from weeping for the injustice happening in my home country, however.

keep deleting my comments. Why did you remove the other part? Were you offended by the real facts? Black Criminal gets shot, wooooh, KKK is back.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 pm

The balkens wrote:He was in his own neighborhood. had every right to be there, nope, had to have some wannabe cop stalk his ass and kill him.

Am just saying that if you're out at night, there is a chance that something like that will happen. It is simply less troublesome to not be a pedestrian at night at all.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Southern Arkansas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern Arkansas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Hispanic is not a race. Latino Americans come in black, white, and mestizo varieties.

He was mixed I believe. Still Hispanic.
American. Socially Conservative. Shia Muslim looking into the way of the Salaf.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:23 pm

The Seleucids wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Tell me, do you get lonely in that imaginary world you live in?

Tell me, you get hungry, scared or just sick in that backwards country you live in?

Which country are you from? If it's the UK, France, or Sweden, similar riots have happened.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
here i disagree wiht you, from what i have heard, he gave the grand jury everything he had, it think it was a Cover Your Ass move, So he could not be accused of withholding evidence from the grand jury.

If the leaked forensic evidence was accurate, powder burns on brown, even if he was shot 30 seconds after the struggle and when to cop was not in danger (which should lead ot an indictment) No grand jury would indict the cop white or black, for the crime

Yes. He gave the Grand Jury everything that he had, including information that could be interpreted in a manner favorable to the defense, which in any other circumstances would be considered professional suicide. The fact that he did so and got away with it indicates that there was no will to prosecute.

Not really. What makes this grand jury different from the norm is the defendant testified, moreover the defendant likely had knowledge of most if not all of the evidence favorable to him. I guarantee if the prosecutor did not present favorable evidence Wilson would have referenced that evidence in his testimony and the grand jury would have requested/subpoenaed that evidence.

A lot of the normal strategies of grand jury go out the window when a defendant both testifies and is familiar with the criminal process.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:23 pm

The Seleucids wrote:and i like to enjoy the riots a bit more.

Those of us with friends and family in Saint Louis appreciate the sentiment, thank you.
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
Eastern Equestria wrote:

Now don't go bringing truth into this...

You're confusing truth with truthiness.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Jinos wrote:
The balkens wrote:
Because he ran suddenly voids any crime that he did? Like strong arm robbery, assaulting a police officer?

"HEY GUYS! I COMMITTED HOME INVASION, KILLED THE FAMILY! BUT I RAN AWAY, THAT MEANS I CANT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!"

Killing someone is ONLY justifiable if your life is in danger. Darren Wilson's life was not in danger by some kid running away.

He could've EASILY gotten back in his patrol car, and called for help to chase down Michael Brown and arrest him later. Instead, he opened fire. That is not excusable.

He was shot in the front, and the witnesses the Grand Jury heard must've said that he was in some danger, or he would have been indicted.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

-The West Coast-
Minister

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby -The West Coast- » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Arcturus Novus wrote:
-The West Coast- wrote:I'm very happy with this verdict and I'm glad to see even under the incredible pressure from the black community to serve a wrongful guilty verdict to former officer Darren Wilson and delivered a not-guilty verdict and upheld the justice system that makes the USA great.

Why exactly do you feel that justice has been served? Petty theft is not worth a death sentence, much less without trial.

He assaulted a police officer and reached for his gun after ignoring his orders to stop. he assaulted Wilson and that was why he was killed in self-defense.
// THE GRAND OLD CONFEDERACY OF THE WEST COAST //

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."
— Edmund Burke; Reflections on the Revolution in France

Jinos
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinos » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Iron Fist Sovereignty wrote:Let's be honest here... If Darren Wilson was black and Michael Brown was white, none of this would be happening. Racial equality has surpassed racial equality and has become black supremacy - African Americans are supposed to be treated differently from everyone else in our society. I'm not racist, but this is how it is and it's bullshit.

Black supremacy? Wow talk about the spin zone. Yes, you are racist, because that's Faux News make believe talk right there. Just because Obama got elected did not mean racism was over. Blacks are still largely disadvantaged economically, and as you can see in this case, judicially.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

Map of the Grand Commonwealth

New Stinkonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Stinkonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:24 pm

lol @ censored racism. I prefer when it's out in the open like on twitter. None of these sugar coated lies.
Bypass the corrupt US Congress to get back our democracy. http://www.wolf-pac.com

United States Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Kalifati Arab shqiptar wrote:
yeah, i'm sure you assume murder is nothing when the innocent soul left bleeding on the concrete is black.

How many REAL innocent palestinians were killed in August, huh? This guy resists arrest and get shot. That is clearly acceptable.

I feel bad for what the palestinians have been put through, but we have gone through slavery, hundreds of millions of us were killed, burned, lynched, etc and I can tell you that a lot of things have changed, but many things stay the same so you stating that this is acceptable is idiotic. By the way, your post is irrelevant to the thread

The Social Justice Warrior
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Social Justice Warrior » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
no, but it does mean that the officer shouldn't have the right to shoot at him anymore seeing as he is no longer presenting a clear and present danger to his life.

Do you know this for a fact?
Have you seen the evidence which proves he was no longer a clear and present danger?

i keep forgetting, running while black presents a clear and present danger to the privileged class.

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

-The West Coast- wrote:
Arcturus Novus wrote:Why exactly do you feel that justice has been served? Petty theft is not worth a death sentence, much less without trial.

He assaulted a police officer and reached for his gun after ignoring his orders to stop. he assaulted Wilson and that was why he was killed in self-defense.

Some sources for that would be great.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
From the river to the sea. It didn't start on 10/7.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Iron Fist Sovereignty wrote:Let's be honest here... If Darren Wilson was black and Michael Brown was white, none of this would be happening. Racial equality has surpassed racial equality and has become black supremacy - African Americans are supposed to be treated differently from everyone else in our society. I'm not racist, but this is how it is and it's bullshit.

Yes. None of this would be happening, because it is highly likely that a black Wilson shooting an unarmed white teenager who was trying to surrender would have been indicted.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Eastern Equestria wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I'm not contesting that. I'm only saying that this is the distinction that is been made regarding ZImmerman.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:Are you saying that those police officers are completely fine with doing that?

Since it's implicitly legal for police to shoot blacks why would they show restraint otherwise?

It seems that most of the protestors are blacks for one.

Two, public relations.

And three-Believe it or not, police officers, white,black, Asian or Hispanic are human beings. With feelings, empathy, families and dreams.

That, you don't know. Yet your saying they are willing to commit a massacre that will probably end piss poor for them.

And what about the National Guard? Are they all racist bigots wanting to shoot a black man?
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Kalifati Arab shqiptar
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalifati Arab shqiptar » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

-The West Coast- wrote:
Arcturus Novus wrote:Why exactly do you feel that justice has been served? Petty theft is not worth a death sentence, much less without trial.

But, hey, that's racist.

Muslims getting frisked in Airports?

'Dem Terrorists

Jinos
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinos » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Jinos wrote:
Killing someone is ONLY justifiable if your life is in danger. Darren Wilson's life was not in danger by some kid running away.

He could've EASILY gotten back in his patrol car, and called for help to chase down Michael Brown and arrest him later. Instead, he opened fire. That is not excusable.

He was shot in the front, and the witnesses the Grand Jury heard must've said that he was in some danger, or he would have been indicted.

Jesus fucking christ.

Just because Michael Brown was shot from the front, does not mean he was not shot from behind.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

Map of the Grand Commonwealth

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Jinos wrote:

Black supremacy? Wow talk about the spin zone. Yes, you are racist, because that's Faux News make believe talk right there. Just because Obama got elected did not mean racism was over. Blacks are still largely disadvantaged economically, and as you can see in this case, judicially.

Hell, even when Obama got elected we had hordes whining that he was really an illegitimate Kenyan non-citizen who should have been disqualified.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

United States Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

WTF?

Planita
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

The mods are going to be busy tonight

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
here i disagree wiht you, from what i have heard, he gave the grand jury everything he had, it think it was a Cover Your Ass move, So he could not be accused of withholding evidence from the grand jury.

If the leaked forensic evidence was accurate, powder burns on brown, even if he was shot 30 seconds after the struggle and when to cop was not in danger (which should lead ot an indictment) No grand jury would indict the cop white or black, for the crime

Yes. He gave the Grand Jury everything that he had, including information that could be interpreted in a manner favorable to the defense, which in any other circumstances would be considered professional suicide. The fact that he did so and got away with it indicates that there was no will to prosecute.

again we disagree, the public bureaucrat in me says he was covering himself from all sides. he has to proctect himself from brown's as well as wilson's supporters

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General