NATION

PASSWORD

Why do so many people hate Islam?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chumway Sucks
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chumway Sucks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Senyosu wrote:Speak louder, some of the resident Islamophobes cannot hear you.

I'm not sure the Islamophobes would care about anyone's opinion. They are too steeped in their bigotry, which is sad, as most (American) Muslims are great people.

Its not Islamophobia when you have genuine fears. 9/11 was one too many times. I won't let it happen again.

Senyosu
Senator

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Senyosu wrote:Speak louder, some of the resident Islamophobes cannot hear you.

I'm not sure the Islamophobes would care about anyone's opinion. They are too steeped in their bigotry, which is sad, as most (American) Muslims are great people.

Humans.
Napkiraly wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
Unless its Buddhist or Jainist fundamentalism. Mostly because I don't think those religions are actually capable of harmful fundamentalism due to their religious doctrine.

The Buddhist fundamentalists in Burma are....yeah pretty bad.

It's largely post dictatorship ethnic chaos. This has happened in South East Asia a few times in the past, a dictatorship falls, the generals scapegoat the minority. See: Indonesia and Prabowo and Konfrontasi (though that was Red Scare on racism)
Senyosu is under reconstruction, however, former tropes still apply

The State of Senyosu ― Senñosy-ül Jür

Your resident Frugal, Nationalistic, Quasi-Jingoist, Buddhist-Tengrist, North-East Asian, Technocratic, Democratic Khanate
anything u want me to be babe ;)

Flyover
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Flyover » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Murkwood wrote:I'm not sure the Islamophobes would care about anyone's opinion. They are too steeped in their bigotry, which is sad, as most (American) Muslims are great people.

Its not Islamophobia when you have genuine fears. 9/11 was one too many times. I won't let it happen again.

It IS Islamophobia if you're scared of Muslims as a whole, and not just the bad ones who would blow stuff up.
Capitalist, Male, Cosmopolitan, American, Human-Rights Advocate. NS' Most Complicated Poster

Impeach Stupid, Tax Memes, Legalize Putting Things in the Wrong Order.

Quotes of Note:
This isn't Burger King, you can't have it your way. -Torisakia

North Estrovia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby North Estrovia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Murkwood wrote:I'm not sure the Islamophobes would care about anyone's opinion. They are too steeped in their bigotry, which is sad, as most (American) Muslims are great people.

You don't know anything. Islam is about spirituality not politics dammit! You literally don't know anything.

I converted to Islam and I have learned Classical Arabic and have spent years studying the Qur'an and Sunnah! There are 1.6 billion Muslims and the religion is growing faster than any other, how are you going to wipe 1.6 billion people off the earth you Nazi?

Chumway Sucks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chumway Sucks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Flyover wrote:
Chumway Sucks wrote:Its not Islamophobia when you have genuine fears. 9/11 was one too many times. I won't let it happen again.

It IS Islamophobia if you're scared of Muslims as a whole, and not just the bad ones who would blow stuff up.

I can't take that chance. That's why I will join the marines.

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:

It's not Islam's fault. It's terrorists fault. I don't blame Sikhs for Air India 182, and I don't blame Muslims for 9/11.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Flyover wrote:

Advocacy for death on the account of one's faith is sick and disgusting.

Your resident Frugal, Nationalistic, Quasi-Jingoist, Buddhist-Tengrist, North-East Asian, Technocratic, Democratic Khanate

Flyover
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Flyover » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Flyover wrote:

I'm confused. Are you saying that because of 9/11, you are going to join the marines? The marines aren't fighting Muslims, they're fighting terrorists who are also Muslims. You don't even know what you're scared of, or how you intend to face it.
Marines don't go around killing Muslims for the lulz or anything.
Last edited by Flyover on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capitalist, Male, Cosmopolitan, American, Human-Rights Advocate. NS' Most Complicated Poster

Quotes of Note:

Chumway Sucks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chumway Sucks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Senyosu wrote:
Chumway Sucks wrote:

Advocacy for death on the account of one's faith is sick and disgusting.

I will protect the american people from jihad. If I have to kill some so be it.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm

North Estrovia wrote:
Chumway Sucks wrote:Its not Islamophobia when you have genuine fears. 9/11 was one too many times. I won't let it happen again.

You don't know anything. Islam is about spirituality not politics dammit! You literally don't know anything.

I converted to Islam and I have learned Classical Arabic and have spent years studying the Qur'an and Sunnah! There are 1.6 billion Muslims and the religion is growing faster than any other, how are you going to wipe 1.6 billion people off the earth you Nazi?

Nukes. Sure, there'll be a lot of collateral damage (well, more like everything else is collateral damage), but your question is answered.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Flyover wrote:

Don't join the Marines because you are scared of a religious group. Join the Marines because you are a Patriot, nothing more, nothing less.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Flyover wrote:
Chumway Sucks wrote:

I'm confused. Are you saying that because of 9/11, you are going to join the marines? The marines aren't fighting Muslims, they're fighting terrorists who are also Muslims. You don't even know what you're scared of, or how you intend to face it.

Anger, fear, and ignorance blinds people.

Sovjetia
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovjetia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Flyover wrote:

To get you a better chance of getting killed by these Muslims you hate?
any questions or comments just tg me!

Join the Empire of Andrew

Lost heros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost heros » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Many Americans perceive Islam as foreign and strange, and they don't understand it. Since they don't understand it, they fear it and hate it.
Last edited by Lost Heros on Sun Mar 6, 2016 12:00, edited 173 times in total.

You can send me a TG. I won't mind.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." - Salvador Dali

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Senyosu wrote:Advocacy for death on the account of one's faith is sick and disgusting.

Do you even know what jihad is?

Chumway Sucks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chumway Sucks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Flyover wrote:
Chumway Sucks wrote:

They fight Muslim terrorists.

Flyover
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Flyover » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Senyosu wrote:
Chumway Sucks wrote:

Oh! I know this one! Jihad is anything that I don't like at the moment. Like Liberals.
Proof:

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Flyover wrote:

If I join the police to fight off the KKK, who are also Christian, am I signing up to fight Christians?
Last edited by Flyover on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quotes of Note:

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Germans received more hatred right after and during WWII.

People from countries in the CCCR weren't any better off during the 60s and 70s.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

Chumway Sucks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chumway Sucks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Senyosu wrote:
Chumway Sucks wrote:

I know what 9/11 was.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Senyosu wrote:
Flyover wrote:

Anger, fear, and ignorance blinds people.

Yes, those have been a big help to Islamist terrorist recruiters. :p
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Lost heros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost heros » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Flyover wrote:

You say that as if being a Muslim is some form of prerequisite for being a terrorist.
Last edited by Lost Heros on Sun Mar 6, 2016 12:00, edited 173 times in total.

You can send me a TG. I won't mind.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." - Salvador Dali

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Keronika wrote:I love the Kurds, and the majority of them are Muslims. I do have a problem with political Islamism, which is facsist. If you look at my flag, it is a symbol of the YPG, the group that is fighting ISIS in Kobani, and who rescued tens of thousands of Christians and Yazidis in Iraq.

But aren't the Kurds moderate, fairly-secularised Muslims?

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Flyover wrote:

What a stupid reason to join the Marines. Hell, imo you'd dishonour them.

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Flyover wrote:

Not all Muslims are terrorists. Most, and I say most for I came from a Muslim majority country and understand their issues just as well as them--They hate the terrorists too, Muslims fear terrorists and foreign intervention alike.

You are like kicking a wounded child. Scared and enraged, just as you are.

Chumway Sucks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chumway Sucks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Lost heros wrote:
Chumway Sucks wrote:

You say that as if being a Muslim is some form of prerequisite for being a terrorist.

They are terrorists because there Muslims, and hate american and I hate them back.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General