NATION

PASSWORD

Why do so many people hate Islam?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cobalt Sky
Minister

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cobalt Sky » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Araksasya wrote:
The Cobalt Sky wrote:Incorrect. Luke 12:51.

Um, we'll know they do not kill in obedience to the Quran, they are muse retorting the sacred and inner struggle of jihad an misinterpreting it as holy war, which is quite a paradoxical concept, In gonna let you guys work this all out, bye bye :twisted: :rofl:

I pointed that out specifically because I had the quote handy. I don't deny what you're saying.
I'm using a phone right now, so things are a little hard.
Last edited by The Cobalt Sky on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I TRY TO KEEP MY WILD ASSERTIONS, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO HOLD OFF POSTING WITH THIS NATION UNTIL 2016

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Wesorin wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
Nothing they haven't been doing for 1500 years.

And what about the Crusades? Those weren't caused by Christians, right?

And the Crusades were 1000 years ago.

ISIS is happening now.

Tierra Prime
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tierra Prime » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Wesorin wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
Nothing they haven't been doing for 1500 years.

And what about the Crusades? Those weren't caused by Christians, right?

The Crusades were caused by the Rashidun and Umayyad Caliphates conquering the Holy Lands and the Seljuk Turks invading Anatolia.

Wesorin
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wesorin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Trollgaard wrote:
Wesorin wrote:And what about the Crusades? Those weren't caused by Christians, right?

ISIS is happening now.

Yes, but those are extremists. And many people in America would take the chance to burn one of another religion. And the Crusades are referring to the fact that you blamed Islam for 1500 years of rape and murder.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Wesorin wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:

ISIS is happening now.

Yes, but those are extremists. And many people in America would take the chance to burn one of another religion. And the Crusades are referring to the fact that you blamed Islam for 1500 years of rape and murder.

1500 years and counting.

Lexcronica
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexcronica » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Untaroicht wrote:When you people came into our lands [Thrace, Constantinople, and Anatolia] it was not with open arms and good tidings but with swords and hatred. You took our land, sold our women into sexual slavery, plundered our churches, and in a matter of a few short years completely tore down our beloved kingdom that took centuries to build. When that wasn't enough, you killed us off with careful and malicious planning en masse, then had the arrogance to claim you are peaceful and rational. If there is a heaven and it is filled with people like those turks, then hell is the place for me and my kin.

which people? need to be more specific.

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:36 pm

Untaroicht wrote:When you people came into our lands [Thrace, Constantinople, and Anatolia] it was not with open arms and good tidings but with swords and hatred. You took our land, sold our women into sexual slavery, plundered our churches, and in a matter of a few short years completely tore down our beloved kingdom that took centuries to build. When that wasn't enough, you killed us off with careful and malicious planning en masse, then had the arrogance to claim you are peaceful and rational. If there is a heaven and it is filled with people like those turks, then hell is the place for me and my kin.

Fourth Crusade. Look it up. Christian's weren't much better.

Greater-London
Senator

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater-London » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:36 pm

Well lets be honest 13 years isn't actually a very long time... I don't think many people do hate Islam but I think people in the western world worry about it; for instance it was announced today that there are 5 places in the city I live that are now at a high risk of a terrorist attack.

I don't hate Islam, I dont hate Muslims either. I am wary of radical Islam which does pose a threat on a global level.
Born in Cambridge in 1993, just graduated with a 2.1 in Politics and International Relations from the University of Manchester - WHICH IS SICK

PRO: British Unionism, Commonwealth, Liberalism, Federalism, Palestine, NHS, Decriminalizing Drugs, West Ham UTD , Garage Music &, Lager
ANTI: EU, Smoking Ban, Tuition Fees, Conservatism, Crypto-Fascist lefties, Hypocrisy, Religious Fanaticism, Religion Bashing & Armchair activists

Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Tierra Prime wrote:The Crusades were caused by the Rashidun and Umayyad Caliphates conquering the Holy Lands and the Seljuk Turks invading Anatolia.

It is like no one cares to understand this asides from the people who are informed of that time period, it seems that the people who harp on how bad the Crusades were think it just came out of nowhere and had no underlying prelude.
Last edited by Saiwania on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Seangoli
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:41 pm

Lexcronica wrote:

which people? need to be more specific.

The current trends in Islam can date back pretty much to the last 100 years or so due in no small part to the absolute idiocy that entailed post World War I and II, and how the decline of colonialism was handled. National boundaries were drawn with absolutely no regard for the populations within said countries, and massive power vacuums were left. Which were filled by extremists for various reasons not at all having to do with anything that is inherent to Islam.

Prior to this, things were off-and-on far better than their European contemporaries, occassionally on par, and occasionally worse.

Seangoli
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Tierra Prime wrote:The Crusades were caused by the Rashidun and Umayyad Caliphates conquering the Holy Lands and the Seljuk Turks invading Anatolia.

It is like no one cares to understand this asides from the people who are informed, it seems that the people who harp on how bad the Crusades were think it just came out of nowhere and had no underlying prelude.

And it's as though some people have a very shallow understanding of the political situation at the time, and believe the Crusades were directly and only the result of said actions.

The Cobalt Sky
Minister

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cobalt Sky » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Narland wrote:
The Cobalt Sky wrote:Leviticus 20:9, then. That one definitely seems to support killing.

Seriously, we are not ancient Isrealites of the Mosaic Covenant marching to reclaim their forefather's land in order for God to establish a People so that the Promisied One may come (That is to whom those verses specifically apply). That has already been done. The Levitical Priesthood who had to extablish that extreme jurisprudence for the theonomy of the state disbanded long ago--they no longer exist as a temple priesthood. As Chrstian we are under Grace, not Law. Christ being the fulfilment of that Law.

Christ said a new command I give is to love each other. Muhammed said to strike down your enemies. When Christians kill non-Christians for not converting, they (the Christians) deny Christ. When Muslims kill non-Muslims for not converting they (the Muslims) affirm Muhammed.

I think I see what your point is about Leviticus 20:9 no longer being relevant, but is there a specific quote that says it should no longer be followed and that it only applies to those specific people?

Also, what about Matthew 10:34?

Lastly, Quran 2:190 "Fight in the cause of God those who start fighting you, but do not transgress limits (or start the attack); for God loveth not transgressors."
I TRY TO KEEP MY WILD ASSERTIONS, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO HOLD OFF POSTING WITH THIS NATION UNTIL 2016

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Seangoli wrote:And it's as though some people have a very shallow understanding of the political situation at the time, and believe the Crusades were directly and only the result of said actions.

What is there to know? Islamic armies were violently on the march to spread Islam, and needed to be stopped when they reached the gates of Vienna.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Wesorin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Wesorin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Seangoli wrote:And it's as though some people have a very shallow understanding of the political situation at the time, and believe the Crusades were directly and only the result of said actions.

What is there to know? Islamic armies were violently on the march to spread Islam, and needed to be stopped when they reached the gates of Vienna.

No, Muslims didn't want a bunch of random people who were Jewish and Christian into Jerusalem because they didn't trust them, and instead of negotiating, Christian armies went full on and attacked them.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:50 pm

Wesorin wrote:No, Muslims didn't want a bunch of random people who were Jewish and Christian into Jerusalem because they didn't trust them, and instead of negotiating, Christian armies went full on and attacked them.

It was actually in response to Alexios I Komnenos, Emperor of Byzantine requesting the help of volunteers to repel Seljuk Turks; who were invading his kingdom. The alternative would've been to let them keep advancing towards Europe.
Last edited by Saiwania on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:52 pm

In India they say it could be because of the following, see video below. Its really informative. Seems that a good part of India was once under Islamic occupation. In the centuries under Islamic occupation they say 80 million Hindus disappeared. Its a story which is not much known.

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMY2YV9WucY
Last edited by Rio Cana on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Araksasya
Attaché

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Keep in Mind...

Postby Araksasya » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:21 pm

That there are many forms of Islam:
Shia
Sunni
Sufi
Quranism
Nation of Islam
Last edited by Araksasya on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Left Wing Zionism, Anarcho-Syndicalism, Pacifism, Stem Cell Research

Anti: Conservatism, Radicalism, Authoritarianism

Anarcho-Syndicalism
(Political Opinions based on Araksasya, the creator of Araksasya has slightly different views than listed above)

Senyosu
Senator

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Araksasya wrote:That there are many forms of Islam:
Shia
Sunni
Sufi
Quranism
Nation of Islam

Shi'a and Sunni are the only legitimate sects of Islam. Sufiism is a part of those two sects, and it is more spiritual in nature. Same with Qur'anism.

Nation of Islam was or is (idek) a black nationalist group. Not orthodox Muslims.
Senyosu is under reconstruction, however, former tropes still apply

The State of Senyosu ― Senñosy-ül Jür

Your resident Frugal, Nationalistic, Quasi-Jingoist, Buddhist-Tengrist, North-East Asian, Technocratic, Democratic Khanate
anything u want me to be babe ;)

Araksasya
Attaché

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

To All You CloseMinded Republicans

Postby Araksasya » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:30 pm

You forgot to bring up, Ebola, c'mon you guys blame Islam for every little thing!
Pro: Left Wing Zionism, Anarcho-Syndicalism, Pacifism, Stem Cell Research

Anti: Conservatism, Radicalism, Authoritarianism

Anarcho-Syndicalism
(Political Opinions based on Araksasya, the creator of Araksasya has slightly different views than listed above)

Al-Sabaah
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Sabaah » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Shia
Sunni
Sufi
Quranism
Nation of Islam

Ibadi Islam too,
Deobandi Islam.
Ibadi Muslim.

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 pm

Al-Sabaah wrote:
Shia
Sunni
Sufi
Quranism
Nation of Islam

Ibadi Islam too,
Deobandi Islam.

Also some far out like Druze and Yazidi.

Plenty of schools of thought, schools of jurisprudence, even qurans to count.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:00 pm

Because Islam is so similar to christianity and judaism, but not the same. That makes people uncomfortable, because every bad thing they see in Islam is also present in their own religion. Such a mirror is something most people dislike vehemently.

Nonchristians and nonjews of course simply dislike Islam because it is a religion of "meh"; just like all the Abrahamic faiths.
Last edited by The Alma Mater on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:02 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:Because Islam is so similar to christianity and judaism, but not the same. That makes people uncomfortable, because every bad thing they see in Islam is also present in their own religion. Such a mirror is something most people dislike vehemently.

Nonchristians and Jews of course simply dislike Islam because it is a religion of "meh"; just like all the Abrahamic faiths.

Why lump in Jews with the nonchristians on that statement?
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:07 pm

Herskerstad wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:Because Islam is so similar to christianity and judaism, but not the same. That makes people uncomfortable, because every bad thing they see in Islam is also present in their own religion. Such a mirror is something most people dislike vehemently.

Nonchristians and Jews of course simply dislike Islam because it is a religion of "meh"; just like all the Abrahamic faiths.

Why lump in Jews with the nonchristians on that statement?

A stupid typo due to a bad night with little sleep. I shall correct that; it should of course be "nonchristians and nonjews". Or "people not of an Abrahamic faith".
Last edited by The Alma Mater on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Thorsfinni
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Thorsfinni » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:09 pm

Hate the person, not the faith.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General