NATION

PASSWORD

Why do so many people hate Islam?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Senyosu wrote:Do you even know what jihad is?

I know what 9/11 was.

We'll take that as a no.

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Lost heros wrote:You say that as if being a Muslim is some form of prerequisite for being a terrorist.

They are terrorists because there Muslims, and hate american and I hate them back.

:rofl:
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

The Union of the West
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of the West » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:36 pm

I blame the media.
☩ Orthodox Christian ☩
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

Flyover
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Flyover » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Sebastianbourg wrote:
Keronika wrote:I love the Kurds, and the majority of them are Muslims. I do have a problem with political Islamism, which is facsist. If you look at my flag, it is a symbol of the YPG, the group that is fighting ISIS in Kobani, and who rescued tens of thousands of Christians and Yazidis in Iraq.

But aren't the Kurds moderate, fairly-secularised Muslims?

They're still Muslims, so they still count.
Capitalist, Male, Cosmopolitan, American, Human-Rights Advocate. NS' Most Complicated Poster

Impeach Stupid, Tax Memes, Legalize Putting Things in the Wrong Order.

Quotes of Note:
This isn't Burger King, you can't have it your way. -Torisakia

Senyosu
Senator

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Senyosu wrote:Anger, fear, and ignorance blinds people.

Yes, those have been a big help to Islamist terrorist recruiters. :p

Fear is fuel to bad things.

#Jediism intensifies
Senyosu is under reconstruction, however, former tropes still apply

The State of Senyosu ― Senñosy-ül Jür

Your resident Frugal, Nationalistic, Quasi-Jingoist, Buddhist-Tengrist, North-East Asian, Technocratic, Democratic Khanate
anything u want me to be babe ;)

Patrimonium Petri
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrimonium Petri » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Jihad is the Arabic for holy war. It was the reason why the initial Abbasid and Umayyad caliphates expanded so rapidly. It fell out of usage after 1650.
WA DELEGATE OF EQUILISM, DECEMBER 1, 2014 - FEBRUARY 28, 2015
Those were the days...

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Lost heros wrote:You say that as if being a Muslim is some form of prerequisite for being a terrorist.

They are terrorists because there Muslims, and hate american and I hate them back.

You really are a child, aren't you.

Your resident Frugal, Nationalistic, Quasi-Jingoist, Buddhist-Tengrist, North-East Asian, Technocratic, Democratic Khanate

Chumway Sucks
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chumway Sucks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Senyosu wrote:
Chumway Sucks wrote:
They fight Muslim terrorists.

Not all Muslims are terrorists. Most, and I say most for I came from a Muslim majority country and understand their issues just as well as them--They hate the terrorists too, Muslims fear terrorists and foreign intervention alike.

You are like kicking a wounded child. Scared and enraged, just as you are.

They have lost all trust for me. Too many times have they hurt Christians and Americans and its time we fight back.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:38 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:

You do realise there are Americans who are Muslim and have served in the military in places like Afghanistan and Iraq yes? You do realise that not all Muslims hate America right?

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:38 pm

Patrimonium Petri wrote:Jihad is the Arabic for holy war. It was the reason why the initial Abbasid and Umayyad caliphates expanded so rapidly. It fell out of usage after 1650.

That is the lesser jihad. The greater jihad is the inner struggle of the soul.

Lost heros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost heros » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:38 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:

You do realize there are American Muslims, who are ridiculously patriotic right?
Just because someone in some group did something bad to America, doesn't mean he entire group hates America and wants to kill them all.
Last edited by Lost Heros on Sun Mar 6, 2016 12:00, edited 173 times in total.

You can send me a TG. I won't mind.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." - Salvador Dali

Pentslanda
Envoy

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pentslanda » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:38 pm

Quran 8:12

Flyover
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Flyover » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Senyosu wrote:Not all Muslims are terrorists. Most, and I say most for I came from a Muslim majority country and understand their issues just as well as them--They hate the terrorists too, Muslims fear terrorists and foreign intervention alike.

They have lost all trust for me. Too many times have they hurt Christians and Americans and its time we fight back.

Tell me what is wrong with this statement:

"I have been hurt by Americans too many times, and even though I know it's a minority of Americans that are at fault, I will hate them all anyways."
Capitalist, Male, Cosmopolitan, American, Human-Rights Advocate. NS' Most Complicated Poster

Quotes of Note:

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:
Senyosu wrote:Not all Muslims are terrorists. Most, and I say most for I came from a Muslim majority country and understand their issues just as well as them--They hate the terrorists too, Muslims fear terrorists and foreign intervention alike.

Revenge and barbaric revanchism is not the answer.

Patrimonium Petri
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrimonium Petri » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Napkiraly wrote:
Chumway Sucks wrote:

You do realise there are Americans who are Muslim and have served in the military in places like Afghanistan and Iraq yes? You do realise that not all Muslims hate America right?

Hear, hear!
Oh, and my first friend in this world was a Muslim. Therefore an Islamophobe doesn't know the nice people he's missing.
WA DELEGATE OF EQUILISM, DECEMBER 1, 2014 - FEBRUARY 28, 2015
Those were the days...

Chumway Sucks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chumway Sucks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Patrimonium Petri wrote:Jihad is the Arabic for holy war. It was the reason why the initial Abbasid and Umayyad caliphates expanded so rapidly. It fell out of usage after 1650.

Have you seen ISIS? They have declared a new jihad, and it is sicking. We must do something about it, like fighting back.

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Pentslanda wrote:Quran 8:12

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:

Have you seen ISIS? They have declared a new jihad, and it is sicking. We must do something about it, like fighting back.

Fun fact, most of those fighting them back are Muslims.

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:

How naive.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:40 pm

The answer is quite simple. I hate Islam because I'm diametrically opposed to all that Islam stands for and find the actions of its founder to be deplorable. I'd be able to tolerate Islam more if a lot of Muslims weren't so hell bent on conversion by the sword and the subjugation of all non-Muslims. I refuse to submit to Islam as Islamists ask, who want to conquer the world.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:41 pm

Not sure what you're getting at. Judaism and Christianity have shitty and violent verses in them as well.

Sovjetia
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovjetia » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Chumway Sucks wrote:

If you weren't a child you would realize the Us doesn't have economy to do this world policing anymore it's time fore the pussy Europeans to step up the Us would self destruct if it goes to war any time soon you don't realize how it costs just to do air strikes
any questions or comments just tg me!

Join the Empire of Andrew

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Senyosu wrote:

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here.

"[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

Beats me what he's trying to get at.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Flyover
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Flyover » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Saiwania wrote:The answer is quite simple. I hate Islam because I'm diametrically opposed to all that Islam stands for and find the actions of its founder to be deplorable. I'd be able to tolerate Islam more if a lot of Muslims weren't so hell bent on conversion by the sword and the subjugation of all non-Muslims. I refuse to submit to Islam as Islamists ask, who want to conquer the world.

Read through this thread, and you'll see how absurd this argument is. You may have taken the cake for the worst possible reason to hate Islam yet, since at least the former holder of that title could use fear.

Quotes of Note:

Chumway Sucks
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Chumway Sucks » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Saiwania wrote:The answer is quite simple. I hate Islam because I'm diametrically opposed to all that Islam stands for and find the actions of its founder to be deplorable. I'd be able to tolerate Islam more if a lot of Muslims weren't so hell bent on conversion by the sword and the subjugation of all non-Muslims. I refuse to submit to Islam as Islamists ask, who want to conquer the world.

Finally a fellow good christian

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General