NATION

PASSWORD

Your thoughts on Ferguson civil unrest

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kalifati Arab shqiptar
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalifati Arab shqiptar » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Uncivilised brutes which used a protest to create chaos and fulfil the common sterotype about black people.

Islamic State of UKIP
Envoy

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic State of UKIP » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Merely an excuse for racists and authoritarians to riot. So far every shred of evidence I've seen supporting Darren Wilson has proved to be bullshit. Why was his dash can not on? Pretty obvious he screwed up, even if it was not due to race. Indict him and get him to a fair trial ASAP

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:23 pm

The Union of Tentacles and Grapes wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
No, I think the problem is that in any scenario where a White police officers has to shoot a Black suspect, the Black community will "circle the wagons" in taking the Black person's side. There is simply too much bad history between Whites and Blacks, as there is between Whites and native Americans who got brought close to extinction by European colonization. It'd be much easier to just rely on Black police officers for areas likely to have Black people. All the racial groups should only have to be harassed by law enforcement personnel of their own respective race whenever possible.

People get pissed about it and cry racism because it almost never happens to white kids. Black kids getting shot by cops and it gets in the news and there's an uproar. White kids getting shot by cops and it gets in the news and oh, wait, I can't even remember the last time that happened. Maybe it's because racism still exists and some cops are racist, with the added danger of having guns and, in this day of few protections for citizens, can expect little to no punishment for shooting black people, due to both generalized untouchability and "circling the wagons" and "blue uniform code" of the police force, combined with the racism inherent in our abomination of a criminal justice system that doesn't deserve the name.

And we don't gather good statistics on the subject as a general policy matter, but those who have gathered statistics, to the extent possible, have found drastic and unconscionable disparities indicative of a huge racial divide in policing.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Kumuri
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kumuri » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Potenco wrote:I fully respect and give full solidarity to the oppressed participating in the ferguson rebellion. The fact is, our society is so behind that the slogan for the movement is black lives matter, when we should not have to say hose things and they should be obvious. The media portrayal f the protestors as looters is horribly racist, especially when one considers that many activists are guarding small businesses.

The people deserve to fight back by any means necessary and I pray that this will be the beginning of a real movement to eliminate police brutality. Whether it's in Gaza, Aotzi or Ferguson, the machine has t fall and to oppressed must rise up

I agree.
╔═════════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╗
dead
╚═════════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╝

Previous

Return to General