NATION

PASSWORD

White People and History

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:30 pm

NeoColumbia wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Uh... is this REALLY the best you've got to argue race isn't just a social construction? Because...this is the worst argument I've ever seen on this subject.

Your right it is pretty bad, he should have replaced the term slight with "significant".

And to just take a look at Subsaharan Africa easiest argument ever that Race is a biological reality other than idon't know, the eyes in your head or is it just a coincidence that people born into certain racial groups come out as that race? Thats what you marxists seem to think. Talk about some big brother type of logic, do you also beleive that 2+2 isn't 4?

Again, you're falling into historical kantian logic.

The fact white people have more achievements from a Eurocentric view doesn't mean that other civilizations don't have any achievements or that white people are superior.

For instance, I doubt very much that you can say Africa didn't have any achievements before colonization with any degree of credibility given that you're not an expert on pre-colonial African history.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:31 pm

NeoColumbia wrote:Your right it is pretty bad, he should have replaced the term slight with "significant".

I don't see why he would want to be even more wrong.
NeoColumbia wrote:And to just take a look at Subsaharan Africa

Saharan Africa has the most genetic diversity in the world. If you pluck an individual from said region and an individual from, say, France, they'll be more related to each other than the French individual is to, say, a white person from Australia.
NeoColumbia wrote: easiest argument ever that Race is a biological reality other than idon't know, the eyes in your head

If I were to ask you to identify each of these individual flies, would you be able to do it with 100% accuracy? Yes or no?
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

United States Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Shnercropolis wrote:
Deof Movestofca wrote:The problem with this thread's premise is the lie that many have bought into that there is such a thing as "races" when we're all just human beings with varying degrees of skin pigmentation. We all face the same two decisions: whether we are going to do what is right and, when we fail to do so, whether we choose to repent of our wrongdoing.

Martin Luther King, Jr. dreamed of a day when people were judged by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin. Maybe we need a little more of that.

skin pigmentation isn't the only difference. There are slight body variations, slight chemistry differences, slight biological differences, and major cultural differences. Statistically, a Kenyan person can run faster and longer than an Arabian person.

I have to say the only reason Kenyans are known for being fast is because they have to run to school due to proper transportation facilities and infrastructure.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:38 pm

United States Kingdom wrote:
Shnercropolis wrote:skin pigmentation isn't the only difference. There are slight body variations, slight chemistry differences, slight biological differences, and major cultural differences. Statistically, a Kenyan person can run faster and longer than an Arabian person.

I have to say the only reason Kenyans are known for being fast is because they have to run to school due to proper transportation facilities and infrastructure.

That's not true. Like, at all.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:39 pm

Shnercropolis wrote:skin pigmentation isn't the only difference. There are slight body variations, slight chemistry differences, slight biological differences, and major cultural differences. Statistically, a Kenyan person can run faster and longer than an Arabian person.

Hahhahhahahahha, that's so racist!
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Pope Joan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pope Joan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:40 pm

White people have dominated white history only.

That's a far from comprehensive course in history.
"Life is difficult".

-M. Scott Peck

NeoColumbia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NeoColumbia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:Again, you're falling into historical kantian logic.

What wrong with Kant? He was smarter than Marx or Hegel.
But i don't need to discuss sophistry when the truth is so plainly evident.

The fact white people have more achievements from a Eurocentric view doesn't mean that other civilizations don't have any achievements.

Your right, it doesn't mean they don't have any achievements it just means their achievments pale when compared to that of European ("White") men.

For instance, I doubt very much that you can say Africa didn't have any achievements before colonization with any degree of credibility given that you're not an expert on pre-colonial African history.

I would say their achievments were minscule, they did not even have the wheel, the sail, metallurgy etc.

Or any other basic innovation to take advantage of the vat amount of Natural wealth that Africa has until Europeans came to colonize the place,
Pro:Fascism,Noble Liberty, Family,Nationalism,Virtue,Honor,Racism,Self Reliance,Social Accountability,Rightous/Competitive Violence,Healthy Sex life
Anti:Semites,Capitalism,Communism,Anarchism,Tolerance for degeneracy,Nannystates,LGBTQH(wxyz),"Nuerodiversity",Race Traitors,Slutdom,learn my prounouns,special little snowflakes, Nationstates(the forum)

United States Kingdom
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

That's not true. Like, at all.

Actually yes it is. I was born their so I am well aware of what I am talking about. Their is this tribe called the Kalenjin, I don't know if you have ever heard about it that is said to produce a lot of our runners mostly due to their thin ankles and calves which helps them run better, here is the link, but I don't believe that's it. Yes the physique will also come into play but also dedication. I can bet you if Kenya had the same transportation infrastructure as lets say the USA, no one would be running.

Lingang
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lingang » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
-The West Coast- wrote:In my opinion the white race has been significantly dominant for centuries. For hundreds of years we've dictated and discovered, we've founded and fought and settled and brought civilization to significantly uncivilized areas of the world. The past when significant inventions were discovered by, for example, the Chinese and gunpowder were literal coincidences.

Gunpowder was only discovered and invented because a Chinese man mixed several things together trying to make bigger, more powerful fireworks. That isn't to say they're not as smart as we are, they often are just as smart, but it does mean that they're not all amazing inventors or superior people in comparison to my race. It was definitely coincidental.

They definitely can take credit for uncovering various important academic tools like algebra, but those were singular men, not the entire race of people, and often times those great thinkers were educated by Europeans and their tools taken and improved upon by Europeans to be more efficient in the future.

What have you invented?

Ha. That's a damn good question. An entire race being gifted? Bullshit. Everybody is equally shitty.
Favorite Quotes:
"Check yourself before you Shrek yourself" ~ Independent State AF
"And He shall smite the wicked, and plunge them into the fiery pitt!" ~ Judge Claude Frollo (*then proceeds to fall in himself*)

Proud Native and former WA Delegate of South Pacific

United States Kingdom
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:43 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:

Hahhahhahahahha, that's so racist!

I'm Kenyan. I am only stating the truth.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:45 pm

NeoColumbia wrote:I would say their achievments were minscule, they did not even have the wheel,the sail, metallurgy etc.

You...you don't understand how history works, do you? They didn't invent those things because there wasn't any environmental pressure to do so.
NeoColumbia wrote:metallurgy etc.

Wrong, there are bronze and iron sites in Sub Saharan Africa dating earlier than 1000 BC.

United States Kingdom
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:47 pm

NeoColumbia wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:Again, you're falling into historical kantian logic.

The fact white people have more achievements from a Eurocentric view doesn't mean that other civilizations don't have any achievements.

Your right, it doesn't mean they don't have any achievements it just means their achievments pale when compared to that of European ("White") men.

I would say their achievments were minscule, they did not even have the wheel, the sail, metallurgy etc.

Or any other basic innovation to take advantage of the vat amount of Natural wealth that Africa has until Europeans came to colonize the place,

That doesn't give the Europeans the right to take away our natural wealth

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Mavorpen wrote:That's not true. Like, at all.

Actually yes it is. I was born their so I am well aware of what I am talking about. Their is this tribe called the Kalenjin, I don't know if you have ever heard about it that is said to produce a lot of our runners mostly due to their thin ankles and calves which helps them run better, here is the link, but I don't believe that's it. Yes the physique will also come into play but also dedication. I can bet you if Kenya had the same transportation infrastructure as lets say the USA, no one would be running.

Yeah, sorry, but it's bullshit.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:47 pm

NeoColumbia wrote:

Who I also damn for giving us the fucked up idea of modern racism. Seriously, Kant was an asshole. At least Hegel was a prick and Marx was a goody-two-shoes, but Kant was an asshole. Most of his theory on race is wrong and is plain bullshit confirmation bias made with pseudo-scientific claims. To say Kant has any claim on the right version of racial theory is like saying Descartes was right in that our thoughts might be perverted by demons and thus we can't know anything for certain.

And you'd be wrong. The fact that Europeans accomplished more in the short time they've been dominant in modern history doesn't necessarily mean their accomplishments are more meaningful, or more important.

Can you source your last statement or is this just shit pulled out of your ass?
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

NeoColumbia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby NeoColumbia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Mavorpen wrote:I don't see why he would want to be even more wrong.

He's probably afraid of being called a racist. Because just beleiving in race makes you one nowadays.

Saharan Africa has the most genetic diversity in the world. If you pluck an individual from said region and an individual from, say, France, they'll be more related to each other than the French individual is to, say, a white person from Australia.

:lol2: Lewontins fallacy
NeoColumbia wrote: easiest argument ever that Race is a biological reality other than idon't know, the eyes in your head

If I were to ask you to identify each of these individual flies, would you be able to do it with 100% accuracy? Yes or no?[/quote]
What exactly are you trying to proove with that? That classifying differant subspecies of flies is a fallacy because race is a "social contruct" or that determining differances between the appearances of flies is harder than that of humans?
Last edited by NeoColumbia on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro:Fascism,Noble Liberty, Family,Nationalism,Virtue,Honor,Racism,Self Reliance,Social Accountability,Rightous/Competitive Violence,Healthy Sex life
Anti:Semites,Capitalism,Communism,Anarchism,Tolerance for degeneracy,Nannystates,LGBTQH(wxyz),"Nuerodiversity",Race Traitors,Slutdom,learn my prounouns,special little snowflakes, Nationstates(the forum)

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:50 pm

I'm pretty sure bacteria have lived far longer than humans have...If anyone has "dominated" history, it's been single celled organisms.
Last edited by Gothmogs on Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:51 pm

NeoColumbia wrote:He's probably afraid of being called a racist. Because just beleiving in race makes you one nowadays.

Probably because there's no scientific basis whatsoever for race, and so the only reason to believe in it is to maintain the insistence of racial superiority.
NeoColumbia wrote: :lol2: Lewontins fallacy

Don't use terms you don't understand.
NeoColumbia wrote:What exactly are you trying to proove with that?

That your "eyes" aren't a good, or even legitimate, indication of genetic diversity, as anyone that has a rudimentary understanding of biology knows.

NeoColumbia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby NeoColumbia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:52 pm

United States Kingdom wrote:That doesn't give the Europeans the right to take away our natural wealth

Sure it does.
It's not like you were using it anyway

United States Kingdom
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
United States Kingdom wrote:Actually yes it is. I was born their so I am well aware of what I am talking about. Their is this tribe called the Kalenjin, I don't know if you have ever heard about it that is said to produce a lot of our runners mostly due to their thin ankles and calves which helps them run better, here is the link, but I don't believe that's it. Yes the physique will also come into play but also dedication. I can bet you if Kenya had the same transportation infrastructure as lets say the USA, no one would be running.

Yeah, sorry, but it's bullshit.

Your source specifically states what I stated, that the Kalenjin tribe are responsible for producing a lot of the runners? Have you been to Eldoret? The place has terrible roads. Yes, it is one of the fastest growing cities in Kenya but that doesn't mean it doesn't have terrible infrastructure. Hell even in Nairobi, one of the most prestigious cities in East Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa, their are places that look like the rural places my dad grew up in. In your source, it even states that Kenyans run so they can get out of poverty, another reason as to why we are renowned for producing a lot of runners.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:54 pm

NeoColumbia wrote:
United States Kingdom wrote:That doesn't give the Europeans the right to take away our natural wealth

Sure it does.

Historically, you can justify whatever you want.

However, that doesn't mean that what you're doing is good history.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:55 pm

United States Kingdom wrote:Your source specifically states what I stated, that the Kalenjin tribe are responsible for producing a lot of the runners? Have you been to Eldoret? The place has terrible roads. Yes, it is one of the fastest growing cities in Kenya but that doesn't mean it doesn't have terrible infrastructure. Hell even in Nairobi, one of the most prestigious cities in East Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa, their are places that look like the rural places my dad grew up in. In your source, it even states that Kenyans run so they can get out of poverty, another reason as to why we are renowned for producing a lot of runners.

What in the flying fuck are you talking about? What does ANY of this have to do with your claim that they got fast by running to school being bullshit?

United States Kingdom
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:59 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
United States Kingdom wrote:Your source specifically states what I stated, that the Kalenjin tribe are responsible for producing a lot of the runners? Have you been to Eldoret? The place has terrible roads. Yes, it is one of the fastest growing cities in Kenya but that doesn't mean it doesn't have terrible infrastructure. Hell even in Nairobi, one of the most prestigious cities in East Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa, their are places that look like the rural places my dad grew up in. In your source, it even states that Kenyans run so they can get out of poverty, another reason as to why we are renowned for producing a lot of runners.

What in the flying fuck are you talking about? What does ANY of this have to do with your claim that they got fast by running to school being bullshit?

You should visit Kenya before judging for yourself why they decide to run? I can even tell you that I met a Kalenjin runner who was extremely fast, and he even told me the reason why he started to run was mostly because their weren't any good fucking roads. I am stating that the reason why Kenyans are motivated by running is mostly because their is terrible infrastructure, and I didn't even imply going to school?

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Mavorpen wrote:What in the flying fuck are you talking about? What does ANY of this have to do with your claim that they got fast by running to school being bullshit?

You should visit Kenya before judging for yourself why they decide to run? I can even tell you that I met a Kalenjin runner who was extremely fast, and he even told me the reason why he started to run was mostly because their weren't any good fucking roads. I am stating that the reason why Kenyans are motivated by running is mostly because their is terrible infrastructure, and I didn't even imply going to school?

United States Kingdom wrote: I have to say the only reason Kenyans are known for being fast is because they have to run to school due to proper transportation facilities and infrastructure.

Yeah...

If you're going to just forget what you've posted only minutes after the fact, I don't feel like continuing this.

Lingang
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lingang » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:02 pm

NeoColumbia wrote:

Sure it does.

Does your city government have the right to force you off your property because you weren't "using it to its full potential"?
Favorite Quotes:
"Check yourself before you Shrek yourself" ~ Independent State AF
"And He shall smite the wicked, and plunge them into the fiery pitt!" ~ Judge Claude Frollo (*then proceeds to fall in himself*)

Proud Native and former WA Delegate of South Pacific

United States Kingdom
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United States Kingdom » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:02 pm

Mavorpen wrote:

United States Kingdom wrote: I have to say the only reason Kenyans are known for being fast is because they have to run to school due to proper transportation facilities and infrastructure.

Yeah...

If you're going to just forget what you've posted only minutes after the fact, I don't feel like continuing this.

Okay. I will apologize for stating that as I realize I was being hypocritical but I still stand on my point of view which is backed up by 10 years of living and being born in that country

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General