NATION

PASSWORD

White People and History

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:38 am

Fascistic Republic Of Canada wrote:
Immoren wrote:
Defeat at home front was because at first they decided to escalate slowly. Liberal democracy wasn't at fault but administration tby.

The media freedom allowed propaganda actions like the Tet offensive to influence general opinion.

You're using a very narrow view of "propaganda".

Given the fact we were in Vietnam for approximately 20 years, I can conclude you don't know much about propaganda either.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:39 am

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Fascistic Republic Of Canada wrote:Power is the only way to measure superiority. Europeans have demonstrated themselves to be the most powerful on the world; the greatest most powerful nations were built by Europeans.

*pats*

That's really cute and all, but your view of history is inherently myopic and stupid, as demonstrated by your other posts which I've had to address.

I'd say Persian, Mediterranean, Chinese, and Greek civilizations have contributed more than some hillbillies from the Caucasus ever managed to accomplish.

Sure, they made the modern world the way it is, but let's not pretend for a second their predecessors were not greater.

He'd be right if this were Age of Empires, though.

Oh wait...Monument Victory.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:41 am

Sanctissima wrote:
*pats*

That's really cute and all, but your view of history is inherently myopic and stupid, as demonstrated by your other posts which I've had to address.

I'd say Persian, Mediterranean, Chinese, and Greek civilizations have contributed more than some hillbillies from the Caucasus ever managed to accomplish.

Sure, they made the modern world the way it is, but let's not pretend for a second their predecessors were not greater.

Now, I'm not supporting eurocentrism, but...

Do keep in mind that those Caucasus hillbillies were also the ancestors of three of those civilizations (Persian, Greek & Mediterranean).

I'd say you have a point, but there's the other point that most of modern European history has been dominated by the Germanic tribes which overwhelmed the Roman empire and shifted the geopolitical climate to what it is the modern West.

So, what I mean by "hillbilly" is slightly different than what I mean by "Caucasian".
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:42 am

Fascistic Republic Of Canada wrote:Power is the only way to measure superiority. Europeans have demonstrated themselves to be the most powerful on the world; the greatest most powerful nations were built by Europeans.

And how does one measure power objectively?

Religion, a concept of no physical presence, is certainly one of the most powerful entities in the world; look at the all the war it has caused. A very well-titled documentary on classical Athens is called the "empire of the mind", and I think it perfect for the influence Athenians still have upon us; those ideas still ring true in our minds, and force us to take action for their defence. Athens, however, is not around anymore.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Gameside factbooks not canon
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari
>>>Member of Septentrion, Atlas, Alithea, Tyran<<<
Left-of-centre, multiple home countries and native languages, socially and fiscally liberal; he/him/his
Pro: diversity, choice, liberty, democracy, equality | Anti: racism, sexism, nationalism, dictatorship, war
News | Court of Appeal overturns Sgt. Ker conviction for larceny in quartermaster's pantry | TNS Hat runs aground in foreign harbour, hull unhurt | House of Lords passes Stamp Collection Act, counterfeiting used stamps now a crime | New bicycle lanes under the elevated railways | Demonstration against rights abuses in Menghe in Crystal Park, MoD: parade to be postponed for civic activity

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 am

Themiclesia wrote:

And how does one measure power objectively?

Religion, a concept of no physical presence, is certainly one of the most powerful entities in the world; look at the all the war it has caused. A very well-titled documentary on classical Athens is called the "empire of the mind", and I think it perfect for the influence Athenians still have upon us; those ideas still ring true in our minds, and force us to take action for their defence. Athens, however, is not around anymore.

7 percent of wars (caused directly by religious nature) does not equal the totality of wars.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Sanctissima
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctissima » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:54 am

Sanctissima wrote:
Now, I'm not supporting eurocentrism, but...

Do keep in mind that those Caucasus hillbillies were also the ancestors of three of those civilizations (Persian, Greek & Mediterranean).

I'd say you have a point, but there's the other point that most of modern European history has been dominated by the Germanic tribes which overwhelmed the Roman empire and shifted the geopolitical climate to what it is the modern West.

So, what I mean by "hillbilly" is slightly different than what I mean by "Caucasian".

Good point, but, from what I know, there's a fairly good chance that most European civilizations (and I mean this with a purely historical basis) were at least loosely products of the Aryans, which were more or less Caucasians. Chances are, they started out as nomads on the Northeast coast of the Caspian Sea, migrated South, probably violently conquered the Indus Valley Civilization, and then split up. Some went East to peninsular India, while others moved West, forming the Mede tribes which, in turn, went west to Europe, their descendants likely destroyed the Mycenaean civilization of early Greece, and might have even interbred with central European tribes.

So, basically, the Aryans (or Caucasians, take your pick) were, to a certain extent, predecessors of the Median Empire, which eventually became the Persian Empire, which before that saw some of their own ancestors go West into Europe and mix with the early Greeks and Germanics. So, to some regard, most of European civilization can trace its roots back to semi-nomadic peoples a little bit to the East of the modern Caucasus.

I hope I didn't loop around too much with that explanation, but basically, what I was trying to say is that the Germanic tribes which replaced the Western Roman Empire were descendants of the Caucasians/Aryans.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012

Postby Len Hyet » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:12 am

*pats*

I'm a tad confused, are you saying Mediterranean and Greek civilizations are both different and non-European?

Not bashing on your whole point here, Persian and Chinese civilization was incredible, and to use the original definition of the word, awesome.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:17 am

Sanctissima wrote:

Good point, but, from what I know, there's a fairly good chance that most European civilizations (and I mean this with a purely historical basis) were at least loosely products of the Aryans, which were more or less Caucasians. Chances are, they started out as nomads on the Northeast coast of the Caspian Sea, migrated South, probably violently conquered the Indus Valley Civilization, and then split up. Some went East to peninsular India, while others moved West, forming the Mede tribes which, in turn, went west to Europe, their descendants likely destroyed the Mycenaean civilization of early Greece, and might have even interbred with central European tribes.

So, basically, the Aryans (or Caucasians, take your pick) were, to a certain extent, predecessors of the Median Empire, which eventually became the Persian Empire, which before that saw some of their own ancestors go West into Europe and mix with the early Greeks and Germanics. So, to some regard, most of European civilization can trace its roots back to semi-nomadic peoples a little bit to the East of the modern Caucasus.

I hope I didn't loop around too much with that explanation, but basically, what I was trying to say is that the Germanic tribes which replaced the Western Roman Empire were descendants of the Caucasians/Aryans.

I think we're dealing with pre-history here, and I'd be hesitant to make such general statements about what transpired during this illiterate period, especially when the principals are nomads, who tend to leave behind little record compared to more settled cultures in any era. Proto-Indo-European, if it ever existed as a single language spoken by a single community, is postulated to have existed at least 3000 years before Christ, and the only communities capable of keeping records at that time were the Egyptians and the Mesopotamians, neither of whom had significant interaction with this conjectural community of Indo-Europeans. The Mycenaean Greek civilization, which existed before the coming of the Greeks, was Greek anyway, evidenced by their speaking of a Hellenic language; they displaced the maritime, mercantile hegemony of the Minoans c. 1600 B.C., and that's already more than a millennium removed from the common origin and dispersal of the Indo-European people. The most direct attestations of primitive formations in Indo-European language have been taken as the more credible signs of proximity whether geographically or ethnically to the Indo-European people. Evidence of substrata within all the more "modern" Indo-European languages show strong native influence on the speech of the Indo-Europeans who have come to settle across Europe, and I should suggest that, as far as culture is concerned, Indo-European culture is poorly conserved in all its modern manifestations; nomadic culture throughout history has always been eclipsed by sedentary culture, and Indo-European culture, if it be a nomadic one, might not be all that different, but their language surely has come to encompass a plurality of humans.

Look at what we find when Indo-European mingle with local populace:

Proto-Aryas + native Indians = India
Proto-Medes + mesopotamians (itself Semitic + Sumerian) = the Persian Empire
Proto-Hellens + Minoans = Mycenaean Greece and classical Greece
etc.

And what do we find of unadulterated, pure Indo-European culture? Almost nothing. They don't even qualify for civilization under some standards because they didn't write, and none of the major scripts have an Indo-European origin.
Last edited by Themiclesia on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari
Left-of-centre, multiple home countries and native languages, socially and fiscally liberal; he/him/his
Pro: diversity, choice, liberty, democracy, equality | Anti: racism, sexism, nationalism, dictatorship, war
News | Court of Appeal overturns Sgt. Ker conviction for larceny in quartermaster's pantry | TNS Hat runs aground in foreign harbour, hull unhurt | House of Lords passes Stamp Collection Act, counterfeiting used stamps now a crime | New bicycle lanes under the elevated railways | Demonstration against rights abuses in Menghe in Crystal Park, MoD: parade to be postponed for civic activity

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:20 am

Len Hyet wrote:
*pats*

I'm a tad confused, are you saying Mediterranean and Greek civilizations are both different and non-European?

Not bashing on your whole point here, Persian and Chinese civilization was incredible, and to use the original definition of the word, awesome.

Nah.

Mediterranean and Greek civilizations are inherently European.

However, her views of history are pretty much "Let's look at Europe" when she really means "Let's look at Europe AFTER the ancient civilizations".

Because honestly, most of what modern Europe is has no significant links to the Roman Empire as much as it has of Germanic tribes NORTH of the Roman borders. It'd be like saying the U.S. Rural South is so much better than all other regions combined without being critical and just spouting shit.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012

Postby Len Hyet » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:25 am

Len Hyet wrote:I'm a tad confused, are you saying Mediterranean and Greek civilizations are both different and non-European?

Nah.

However, her views of history are pretty much "Let's look at Europe" when she really means "Let's look at Europe AFTER the ancient civilizations".

Because honestly, most of what modern Europe is has no links to the Roman Empire as much as it has of Germanic tribes NORTH of the Roman borders. It'd be like saying the U.S. Rural South is so much better than all other regions combined without being critical and just spouting shit.

B-b-b-but muh heritage
Muh culture

Yeah I get what you're saying. Europe was largely influenced by Germanic civilization more than Mediterranean.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:25 am

Benuty wrote:
Themiclesia wrote:And how does one measure power objectively?

7 percent of wars (caused directly by religious nature) does not equal the totality of wars.

I don't think I have stated that religion was the sole cause of war. I'm merely stating its power and influence even though it has no physical presence.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:28 am

Len Hyet wrote:
Nah.

Because honestly, most of what modern Europe is has no links to the Roman Empire as much as it has of Germanic tribes NORTH of the Roman borders. It'd be like saying the U.S. Rural South is so much better than all other regions combined without being critical and just spouting shit.

B-b-b-but muh heritage
Muh culture

Yeah I get what you're saying. Europe was largely influenced by Germanic civilization more than Mediterranean.

While the Germanic languages are by structure and origin Indo-Euroepan, I don't think the speakers of the proto-language are ethnically similar to whoever the original Indo-Europeans are; a significant portion of the vocabulary in Germanic languages is non-Indo-European, or have no cognates in other Indo-European languages, or cannot be reconstructed from a known Indo-European root.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 am

Len Hyet wrote:
Nah.

B-b-b-but muh heritage
Muh culture

That brings me to a major point here that I argue too:

That Modern European civilization is not as mighty as the Ancient Civilization's might was.

The main reason is that, compared to the major ancient civilizations, our modern geopolitical climate pales in comparison when it comes to dominance, influence, and power.

Putting it from the age of imperialism (c. 1500 AD) we barely had 400 years of a run for an empire and colonialism. Nowadays the U.S. and Russia are merely over 60 years old in their dominance as superpowers, which is the post-modern political equivalent of the Romans, and we haven't influenced as many people's laws during that time, in fact a majority of the world has sour sentiments over interventionism and colonialism and us pushing our ideas into them, something the Romans kinda didn't have after they were a superpower through the assimilation and absorption of other cultures and their incredible tolerance of other cultures (as long as they said "we will join your empire" willingly, which hardly happened).

If anyone could play the political game better and empire-building, were the ones who actually were not complete fascists. And today, being honest and critical, the Germanic tribes from the North aren't necessarily the mighty successors of the Romans.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 am

Why is nobody responding to me? :(
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:36 am

Themiclesia wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:B-b-b-but muh heritage
Muh culture

While the Germanic languages are by structure and origin Indo-Euroepan, I don't think the speakers of the proto-language are ethnically similar to whoever the original Indo-Europeans are; a significant portion of the vocabulary in Germanic languages is non-Indo-European, or have no cognates in other Indo-European languages, or cannot be reconstructed from a known Indo-European root.

Language isn't probably a good indicator of ethnicity anyway.
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Sanctissima
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctissima » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:36 am

Themiclesia wrote:
Sanctissima wrote:

I think we're dealing with pre-history here, and I'd be hesitant to make such general statements about what transpired during this illiterate period, especially when the principals are nomads, who tend to leave behind little record compared to more settled cultures in any era. Proto-Indo-European, if it ever existed as a single language spoken by a single community, is postulated to have existed at least 3000 years before Christ, and the only communities capable of keeping records at that time were the Egyptians and the Mesopotamians, neither of whom had significant interaction with this conjectural community of Indo-Europeans. The Mycenaean Greek civilization, which existed before the coming of the Greeks, was Greek anyway, evidenced by their speaking of a Hellenic language; they displaced the maritime, mercantile hegemony of the Minoans c. 1600 B.C., and that's already more than a millennium removed from the common origin and dispersal of the Indo-European people. The most direct attestations of primitive formations in Indo-European language have been taken as the more credible signs of proximity whether geographically or ethnically to the Indo-European people. Evidence of substrata within all the more "modern" Indo-European languages show strong native influence on the speech of the Indo-Europeans who have come to settle across Europe, and I should suggest that, as far as culture is concerned, Indo-European culture is poorly conserved in all its modern manifestations; nomadic culture throughout history has always been eclipsed by sedentary culture, and Indo-European culture, if it be a nomadic one, might not be all that different, but their language surely has come to encompass a plurality of humans.

etc.

And what do we find of unadulterated, pure Indo-European culture? Almost nothing. They don't even qualify for civilization under some standards because they didn't write, and none of the major scripts have an Indo-European origin.

I agree with you completely, although, I never really stated that the Aryans, or their descendants were much for culture. Basically, they were good at killing and having sex.

You're quite right, there's really no such thing as Indo-European culture, since, quite simply, they mixed in with already established cultures. Although, my main point is not so much the cultural impact of Indo-Europeans, so much as it is their relatively quick migration and "spreading out" to intermingle with much of Europe and western Asiatic populations.

Czechanada
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Czechanada » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:40 am

The Liberated Territories wrote:If anything, the "Roman culture" has dominated and influenced history the most. Yet Romans weren't exclusively white.

Such an idea also negates contributions from other cultures, e.g. Arabs and algebra.

Next time you do some algebra - thank an Arab.

It was technically the Greeks and Babylonians to thank; Not the Arabs; Also, Al-Khwarizimi was Persian and not Arab.
Last edited by Czechanada on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know what I was. You see what I am. Change me, change me!" - Randall Jarrell.

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:43 am

Immoren wrote:
Themiclesia wrote:While the Germanic languages are by structure and origin Indo-Euroepan, I don't think the speakers of the proto-language are ethnically similar to whoever the original Indo-Europeans are; a significant portion of the vocabulary in Germanic languages is non-Indo-European, or have no cognates in other Indo-European languages, or cannot be reconstructed from a known Indo-European root.

Language isn't probably a good indicator of ethnicity anyway.

But it's the only reliable one, even if not a good one. If we speak of ethnicity in terms of pure biological relationship, we may never find out about anyone's ethnicity.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:47 am

Sanctissima wrote:
Themiclesia wrote:I think we're dealing with pre-history here, and I'd be hesitant to make such general statements about what transpired during this illiterate period, especially when the principals are nomads, who tend to leave behind little record compared to more settled cultures in any era. Proto-Indo-European, if it ever existed as a single language spoken by a single community, is postulated to have existed at least 3000 years before Christ, and the only communities capable of keeping records at that time were the Egyptians and the Mesopotamians, neither of whom had significant interaction with this conjectural community of Indo-Europeans. The Mycenaean Greek civilization, which existed before the coming of the Greeks, was Greek anyway, evidenced by their speaking of a Hellenic language; they displaced the maritime, mercantile hegemony of the Minoans c. 1600 B.C., and that's already more than a millennium removed from the common origin and dispersal of the Indo-European people. The most direct attestations of primitive formations in Indo-European language have been taken as the more credible signs of proximity whether geographically or ethnically to the Indo-European people. Evidence of substrata within all the more "modern" Indo-European languages show strong native influence on the speech of the Indo-Europeans who have come to settle across Europe, and I should suggest that, as far as culture is concerned, Indo-European culture is poorly conserved in all its modern manifestations; nomadic culture throughout history has always been eclipsed by sedentary culture, and Indo-European culture, if it be a nomadic one, might not be all that different, but their language surely has come to encompass a plurality of humans.

etc.

I agree with you completely, although, I never really stated that the Aryans, or their descendants were much for culture. Basically, they were good at killing and having sex.

You're quite right, there's really no such thing as Indo-European culture, since, quite simply, they mixed in with already established cultures. Although, my main point is not so much the cultural impact of Indo-Europeans, so much as it is their relatively quick migration and "spreading out" to intermingle with much of Europe and western Asiatic populations.

All nomads are good at going about because they have (more) convenient means of transport.

The theory of the conquest of India is no longer as accepted as it once was; we now know that conquest alone never results in cultural integration. The Mongols conquered almost all of China in the 1290s, but by the 1390s most Chinese people didn't consider themselves Mongol, but many Mongols did consider themselves Chinese, or at least spoke a Chinese dialect, wore Chinese clothing woven from Chinese fabrics, ate Chinese food, and abided by Chinese decorum.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:18 pm

FutureAmerica wrote:You are clearly stupid. Africa and India will become Chinese colonies within our lifetimes. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Go back to school and get an education.

FutureAmerica wrote:The Chinese are already colonizing east Africa. They will replicate the British Raj and use India's class divide to colonize. India will host cheap labor and Africa will become a giant mine for China.

Get an education or you'll be like this OP who created this thread.

*** Warned for flaming ***
Fascistic Republic Of Canada wrote:Oh, you're just an idiot then.

You're giving me a larger sense of self satisfaction, dealing with the fact that all that oppose me are as moronic as you.

*** Warned for flaming ***

-Ebola-
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ebola- » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:19 pm

-Ebola- wrote:
Ach! I don't want a mutation. It's not really that important for me to be able to tell races apart.

Then why are you so consigned to blacks, that many have started calling blacks "Ebola-Americans"

Have I been infecting a disproportionate number of blacks?

I know I live in a mostly black neighborhood, but I haven't been purposely targeting them. I thought some of my cousins had infected white people, but I can't exactly ask them about it since they were all murdered by your doctors and hazmat crews. >:(
There are viruses on the internet! Make sure your computer is protected.
African, asexual, and proud.
Racism is foolish. You're all the same inside. I would know.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Occidentria wrote:

Oh, you're just an idiot then.

You're giving me a larger sense of self satisfaction, dealing with the fact that all that oppose me are as moronic as you.

I mean. If that helps you sleep at night then sure.

Just don't expect us to take you much more seriously about your knowledge on the subject.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanctissima
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctissima » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Themiclesia wrote:
Sanctissima wrote:

All nomads are good at going about because they have (more) convenient means of transport.

The theory of the conquest of India is no longer as accepted as it once was; we now know that conquest alone never results in cultural integration. The Mongols conquered almost all of China in the 1290s, but by the 1390s most Chinese people didn't consider themselves Mongol, but many Mongols did consider themselves Chinese, or at least spoke a Chinese dialect, wore Chinese clothing woven from Chinese fabrics, ate Chinese food, and abided by Chinese decorum.

True, but judging by how there's no evidence that the Indus Valley Civilization maintained an active army, I'd say that at least the conquest of the region encompassing modern Pakistan and Northwest India is likely.

Planita
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Planita » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:27 pm

NERVUN wrote:Only if you're studying western history...

^^

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Sanctissima wrote:
Themiclesia wrote:

True, but judging by how there's no evidence that the Indus Valley Civilization maintained an active army, I'd say that at least the conquest of the region encompassing modern Pakistan and Northwest India is likely.

An army, I suppose, is a reaction against the institution of a foreign army that threatens it. If the Indus Valley Civilization, which wasn't a united country anyway, didn't think that the migrating Aryas, whose infighting was evident on the Vedas, could pose a threat to them, naturally they won't waste their resources on the army anyway; they evidently had other places where they devoted their resources, and left us with a stunning spectacle of urban civilization.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General