NATION

PASSWORD

Worst Leader your (RL) Country ever had?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:United Gringos of America
Reagan

The United Mexican States
Enrique Peña Nieto

Germany
Hitler.

How was Enrique the worst?
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:56 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Solorni wrote:There is also a weird comparison here because both hid their health issues from the public in order to be elected again. Which is why many believe Reagan was suffering from Alzheimers in his second term.

FDR was lucky as TV was not around. He would not have been elected again if they saw the wheel chair.

Yeah, but wasn't he always in a wheelchair because of Polio? I heard he could only sort of imitate walking by using braces but that he was paralyzed from the waist. The health issues I am talking about are the ones that killed him which I think were heart issues and such but I'd have to check.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:United Gringos of America
Reagan

The United Mexican States
Enrique Peña Nieto

Germany
Hitler.

How was Enrique the worst?

He is destroying the country one bit at a time.Do you know who I'm talking about?
(BTW,I am half Mexican.)
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Kingdom of Viana wrote:Wow you guys are still talking about me? Doesn't change the fact that most Americans like him more than Carter or Obama much to the dismay of you foolish Democraps.

New Stinkonia wrote:Reagan comes in 3rd for worst, after Dumbya and Nixon.

Political nicknames such as these are not allowed. Knock it off.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:How was Enrique the worst?

He is destroying the country one bit at a time.Do you know who I'm talking about?
(BTW,I am half Mexican.)

Don't think I am? I'm Half Mexican too, but you do realize that there have been examples of worse rulers within Mexican History, such as Maximilian I of Mexico and Porfirio Díaz?

Kanaria
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanaria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:He is destroying the country one bit at a time.Do you know who I'm talking about?
(BTW,I am half Mexican.)

Don't think I am? I'm Half Mexican too, but you do realize that there have been examples of worse rulers within Mexican History, such as Maximilian I of Mexico and Porfirio Díaz?

I agree with your selection. Didn't Porfirio set up Mexico for a civil war the moment he left office? And Maximilian was a French shit. (But I guess he did worse during his time in power...)

Federal Republic of Kanaria-
57 federal entities, 863.2 million people, $40.67 trillion GDP, Gini coefficient 0.38. North Pacific, 1,500 miles west of San Fransisco.

Federal Republic of Kanaria- 57 federal entities, $154 trillion GDP, Gini coefficient 0.39. Northern Ruson, Arctic/Anican/Pacific Ocean, 69 lightyears from San Fransisco, Chi Eridani system.
Liberal
Federalist
Republican
Democrat
Statist
Cishet male

American
And silly rabbit, Kanaria's a caliphate.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:He is destroying the country one bit at a time.Do you know who I'm talking about?
(BTW,I am half Mexican.)

Maximilian was bad,Porfirio was horrible but Villa and Zapata and all the other revolutionaries took him down so...

Peña is corrupt and no one has any idea how he even became president or even achieved candidacy.I didn't think Mexico was that screwed but I was wrong.
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:03 pm

Kanaria wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:Don't think I am? I'm Half Mexican too, but you do realize that there have been examples of worse rulers within Mexican History, such as Maximilian I of Mexico and Porfirio Díaz?

I agree with your selection. Didn't Porfirio set up Mexico for a civil war the moment he left office? And Maximilian was a French shit. (But I guess he did worse during his time in power...)

He never meant to leave office. He ruled over Mexico for nearly 30 years.

Dracoria
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dracoria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:05 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Kingdom of Viana wrote:
Only extreme leftist like you guys would disagree that Reagon was a bad president.

Regan was a bad President.

Hey. Did you know he idolized FDR?

You're right. Anyone who idolizes FDR is a pretty awful person! Do you know that joyless goblin was never seen dancing with his wife? At least he never bowed to foreign leaders.

On a more serious note, I can see why. Reagan was an original Neoconservative, before it became a modern, meaningless buzzword. He was someone who started Democrat and gradually moved right as he matured yet kept some facets of the old philosopy; particularly interventionism, something FDR also favored. It's also noteworthy that FDR was quite opposed to the collective bargaining of public sector employees, something that would pretty much bar him from being elected as a Democrat today. Pretty similar to how Reagan's alien asylum thing would have made him a leper to a large chunk of his party today.
Also, chocobos.

I show solidarity with the Tea Party by drinking more tea.
I show solidarity with Occupy Wall Street by painting my toilet as a police cruiser.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:05 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:Don't think I am? I'm Half Mexican too, but you do realize that there have been examples of worse rulers within Mexican History, such as Maximilian I of Mexico and Porfirio Díaz?

Maximilian was bad,Porfirio was horrible but Villa and Zapata and all the other revolutionaries took him down so...

There were way more revolutionaries against him. Las Maderistas, Las Orozquistas, Las Villistas, Las Zapatistas, Las Carrancistas, Las Magonistas, y las Seditionistas. Along with Germanic Empire's Support through the war.
The underlined within this post point out incorrect spelling
Last edited by Furry Alairia and Algeria on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Maximilian was bad,Porfirio was horrible but Villa and Zapata and all the other revolutionaries took him down so...

There were way more revolutionaries against him. Las Maderistas, Las Orozquistas, Las Villistas, Las Zapatistas, Las Carrancistas, Las Magonistas, y las Seditionistas. Along with Germanic Empire's Support through the war.

That's why I mentioned the "others" because I was guessing you would know.

Mexico!
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Kanaria wrote:I agree with your selection. Didn't Porfirio set up Mexico for a civil war the moment he left office? And Maximilian was a French shit. (But I guess he did worse during his time in power...)

He never meant to leave office. He ruled over Mexico for nearly 30 years.

Oh. Well then...
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:

That's why I mentioned the "others" because I was guessing you would know.

Mexico!

Not all of Mexico was against Porfirio, especially Victoriano Huerta

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Kingdom of Viana wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Ok. Why not the issue month and year?

8/15/14 is the time it's supposed to stay on shelves but I can't find the issue number. It's Reagon His Political Life And Lasting Legacy by Joe Scarborugh.

Interesting. I thought repub/cons didn't like MSNBC people.

I will have to read it but he is a bit of a Regan fanboy.

I remember some interview where he claimed Regan immediately flew to DC from a vacation when a Korean jet was shot down by the Soviets. It was part of an effort to bash Obama staying on vacations when problems were going on. Problem was Regan showed up four days(I think it was that) later.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Cobalt Sky
Minister

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cobalt Sky » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Although I'm not from Belgium, I think Leopold the Second deserves a shoutout on this topic. Mass murderer.
I TRY TO KEEP MY WILD ASSERTIONS, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO HOLD OFF POSTING WITH THIS NATION UNTIL 2016

Zorga
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zorga » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 pm

President Obama, followed by Andrew Johnson and George Busch.
Full Member and Director of Foreign Construction of the International Space Agency

NOTE: This nation DOES NOT reflect my actual views

Southern Nationalist and Proud Libertarian!

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Zorga wrote:President Obama, followed by Andrew Johnson and George Busch.

Busch was worse than Hulk Roagan, I'll give him that.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Harpers Ferry
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Harpers Ferry » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 pm

There are far more worse than Obama.
Kingdom of Viana wrote:I don't need specific evidence to prove something that is obviously true.
NSG's Bloody Sunday, a date which shall live in infamy.

The Doors

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Solorni wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
FDR was lucky as TV was not around. He would not have been elected again if they saw the wheel chair.

Yeah, but wasn't he always in a wheelchair because of Polio? I heard he could only sort of imitate walking by using braces but that he was paralyzed from the waist. The health issues I am talking about are the ones that killed him which I think were heart issues and such but I'd have to check.

Even then there was careful control of photos on that. Americans are about image. Always have been; always will be.

FDR would not get elected today.....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:That's why I mentioned the "others" because I was guessing you would know.

Mexico!

Not all of Mexico was against Porfirio, especially Victoriano Huerta

Yes,of course but in the end the Revolutionaries won.Porfirio also didn't have a bad rule as in not-destroying-the-economy good.
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Yes, because he killed 6,001 Cherokee *nod*

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Yes, because he killed 6,001 Cherokee *nod*

Much accurate.Very politic.
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Grant, followed by Reagan
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:Not all of Mexico was against Porfirio, especially Victoriano Huerta

Yes,of course but in the end the Revolutionaries won.Porfirio also didn't have a bad rule as in not-destroying-the-economy good.

That doesn't excuse his corruption nor his political frauds, and if you haven't realized it:
This instability arose largely as a result of the dispossession of hundreds of thousands of peasants of their land. Communal indigenous landholdings were privatized, subdivided, and sold.

Dracoria
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dracoria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:17 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Solorni wrote:Yeah, but wasn't he always in a wheelchair because of Polio? I heard he could only sort of imitate walking by using braces but that he was paralyzed from the waist. The health issues I am talking about are the ones that killed him which I think were heart issues and such but I'd have to check.

Even then there was careful control of photos on that. Americans are about image. Always have been; always will be.

FDR would not get elected today.....

Have to wonder how the 1960 elections would have gone were the television not in widespread use.
Also, chocobos.

I show solidarity with the Tea Party by drinking more tea.
I show solidarity with Occupy Wall Street by painting my toilet as a police cruiser.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General