NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome to TET - Closed Minds Need Not Apply

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:05 pm

silly sickness. Aching bodies. I think I'm getting old
Gidge's Art Hole viewtopic.php?p=13913891#p13913891
Poetry viewtopic.php?p=9776917#p9776917
Escalation complete: Lordy is my cuddly BFF

Killdash
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:silly sickness. Aching bodies. I think I'm getting old

Or you've contracted Malaria. Either or.
How do you take your tea?: Seriously, very seriously.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch
Roguishly good looking gentleman
Nationstates premier assassin for hire
For a small fee, of course.
5th spouse of Kannap (for 48 hours, but still counts)

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:12 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Dumb Ideologies wrote:When did this become the weird boner thread?

Really, dear, you should know better than to ask that question.

What Thernsy said. Without actually having any memories available that confirm it, it is pretty much inevitable that this very subject has reared its ugly head in previous TETs. Let us go forth in the knowledge that all that could be said about weird boners has already been said.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Stern des Meeres wrote:
Muinordgrad wrote:Sterny! Long time no see! (It's Hydro)

Sorry, I was driving. Howdy.

How have you been, my good friend? :)
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Killdash wrote:

At least it's not Ebola.
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Eleanor Ritas
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eleanor Ritas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Stern des Meeres wrote:
Soldati senza confini wrote:
How come you're bad at it?

And don't worry, I still can't drive reverse or do parallel parking that well yet. And now it's worse with just one hand :p

Also good! I hope you have fun :hug:

Like I told Gren, I'm just too nervous. No amount of driving has made me any less nervous.

I'm 39, I'm still nervous when I drive. I believe it was the Dalai Lama who said, "Practice is powerful in the moment, but can take years to bear fruit...know then that all those little raindrops of mastery you are accumulating may take a long winter of practice to build up, but when they blossom in the Spring it will be like dropping 20 hits of acid made by a secret order of monks before gunning your 290 horpsepower V8 blasting Iggy Pop after leaving a big steaming pile of my own enlightened shit on the porch of a backwater Chinese post office."
Kirby Delauter for General Forum Moderator!

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Muinordgrad wrote:
Killdash wrote:Or you've contracted Malaria. Either or.

At least it's not Ebola.

You silly Americans with your fear of a disease that has actually been brought under control by the authorities of those countries suffering from the outbreak. Your media indoctrinate you well. I'm from Europe, which happens to be significantly closer to the African continent, but there's no such thing as an ebola scare here.
CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Muinordgrad wrote:At least it's not Ebola.

You silly Americans with your fear of a disease that has actually been brought under control by the authorities of those countries suffering from the outbreak. Your media indoctrinate you well. I'm from Europe, which happens to be significantly closer to the African continent, but there's no such thing as an ebola scare here.

Well there is. But the ebola costumes weren't popular.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Muinordgrad wrote:At least it's not Ebola.

Ever since Sherman came through, we've been a little nervous about foreign things, if you know what I mean.
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Killdash wrote:

I'm almost 30.....

Eleanor Ritas
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eleanor Ritas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Muinordgrad wrote:
Killdash wrote:

At least it's not Ebola.

It's naht Eboluh! It's naht! At ahl!
Kirby Delauter for General Forum Moderator!

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:21 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:You silly Americans with your fear of a disease that has actually been brought under control by the authorities of those countries suffering from the outbreak. Your media indoctrinate you well. I'm from Europe, which happens to be significantly closer to the African continent, but there's no such thing as an ebola scare here.

Well there is. But the ebola costumes weren't popular.

We Europeans also do not do this whole silly American Halloween thing. Our rituals for Samhain are different, more ancient, darker.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Well there is. But the ebola costumes weren't popular.

We Europeans also do not do this whole silly American Halloween thing. Our rituals for Samhain are different, more ancient, darker.

Fucking Brits love the shitfest. But then we aren't really European.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Muinordgrad wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:You silly Americans with your fear of a disease that has actually been brought under control by the authorities of those countries suffering from the outbreak. Your media indoctrinate you well. I'm from Europe, which happens to be significantly closer to the African continent, but there's no such thing as an ebola scare here.

Ever since Sherman came through, we've been a little nervous about foreign things, if you know what I mean.

You're from Atlanta? I'm more familiar with the versatile Sherman tank than the mighty and intimidating Union general from the American Civil War.

The Holy Therns
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 09, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Holy Therns » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

It's popular around here. The two simultaneous celebrations going on make for an amusing contrast.
Platitude with attitude
Your new favorite.
MTF transperson. She/her. Lives in Sweden.
Also, N A N A ! ! !
Gallade wrote:Love, cake, wine and banter. No greater meaning to life (〜^∇^)〜

Ethel mermania wrote:to therns is to transend the pettiness of the field of play into the field of dreams.

Muinordgrad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Muinordgrad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Muinordgrad wrote:Ever since Sherman came through, we've been a little nervous about foreign things, if you know what I mean.

You're from Atlanta? I'm more familiar with the versatile Sherman tank than the mighty and intimidating Union general from the American Civil War.

Yeah, I'm from [censored by the sanity police], about a flirty minute drive from the ATL. Actually a really nice place, Atlanta, you all should visit.
Ghospodi Pomiloy

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Hurdegaryp wrote:

It's becoming bigger every year here, though we got less kids than usual trick or treating

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Stern des Meeres wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
I get bitched at by my mom for driving with two feet instead of one, even though I get better reaction times, and it was literally the only thing that kept me from driving my old Jeep headfirst into a rocky 10ft ditch.

Holy cow. Wow.

I'm just too nervous about it, so nothing is smooth or feels at all natural. Other cars make me nervous, the roads make me nervous, bicyclists make me nervous, everything makes me nervous.

That all makes me nervous, too, but driving a flatboat on the bayou, and driving at night on the empty streets, has made me feel much more comfortable with the principle of driving.
Grenartia wrote:
I get bitched at by my mom for driving with two feet instead of one, even though I get better reaction times, and it was literally the only thing that kept me from driving my old Jeep headfirst into a rocky 10ft ditch.

Well, the thing about both feet is that in an automatic you sorta don't need it.

Reason for that, and my dad explained why, is because in the case of an emergency you can confuse your reaction and accelerate instead of braking, and that can be dangerous.

On a manual however I do see the point of having two feet in the pedal area.

See, that's what I keep hearing, but when the emergency actually happened, I instinctively hit the brake instead of the gas.

Stern des Meeres wrote:Holy cow. Wow.

I'm just too nervous about it, so nothing is smooth or feels at all natural. Other cars make me nervous, the roads make me nervous, bicyclists make me nervous, everything makes me nervous.

You're just starting, that's normal.

Have you ever ridden a bicycle or a skateboard? That's how I managed to gain confidence for driving.

I never got the "balance on two wheels" part of riding a bike, and I never owned a skateboard. I got my non-car experience from driving boats.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:We Europeans also do not do this whole silly American Halloween thing. Our rituals for Samhain are different, more ancient, darker.

It's becoming bigger every year here, though we got less kids than usual trick or treating

Its the new "Swap Sweets for Satanic Sacrifice" campaign. Its really working out quite well.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:33 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Hurdegaryp wrote:We Europeans also do not do this whole silly American Halloween thing. Our rituals for Samhain are different, more ancient, darker.

Fucking Brits love the shitfest. But then we aren't really European.

Worry not, for you will learn. No matter what the cost, you will learn.

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Gidgetisms wrote:
Killdash wrote:

I'm almost 30.....

Have you recently been to a West African country?
Auremenas bitch

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Stern des Meeres wrote:Holy cow. Wow.

That all makes me nervous, too, but driving a flatboat on the bayou, and driving at night on the empty streets, has made me feel much more comfortable with the principle of driving.
Well, the thing about both feet is that in an automatic you sorta don't need it.

Reason for that, and my dad explained why, is because in the case of an emergency you can confuse your reaction and accelerate instead of braking, and that can be dangerous.

On a manual however I do see the point of having two feet in the pedal area.

See, that's what I keep hearing, but when the emergency actually happened, I instinctively hit the brake instead of the gas.

You're just starting, that's normal.

Have you ever ridden a bicycle or a skateboard? That's how I managed to gain confidence for driving.

I never got the "balance on two wheels" part of riding a bike, and I never owned a skateboard. I got my non-car experience from driving boats.

We all learn in different ways :p

And yea, I got used to drive with only my right foot. The fact is that it does improve reaction time, it's just NOT that significant. However, one foot is much better than two on auto. Not everyone drives like that of course, same as not everyone drives with both hands on the wheel or does signal to merge.

By the way, if you're one of those people who merge lanes without putting the signal I will hunt you down and make your life miserable by injecting poptart puree in your bloodstream. It pisses me off when people actually don't put their signal to merge, is a fucking 1 second move. ONE. You have to be lazy as fuck to not put the signal to merge. Fuck.

/rant
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Killdash wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote:I'm almost 30.....

Have you recently been to a West African country?

No. I do have arthritis in my fingers though. The result of breaking them multiple times

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

Rapture shall be upon us any moment now, given the unashamed exhibitionism of the Crawling Darkness and those seduced by its infernal charms.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:44 pm

I just got followed on Twitter by an English politician. I've never even been to England yet. At least he's a member of my favorite party. :3

In fact, the only English stuff I have in my apartment is all Manchester United stuff and an English national football team shirt and cap. And a couple of toy London busses. And all ofit was made in China.
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives