NATION

PASSWORD

Rosetta mission scientist Dr Matt Taylor persecuted by SJWs

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Createnoxia-
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Createnoxia- » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:36 pm

These feminists have gone too far, especially since his WIFE made him that shirt. I support gender equality, but this is pure bullying.
Maybe.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:50 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:"Continual suspicion"? Could you say more, I'm not I'm getting what point you're making. (Sorry, may be slow brain day on my end. :p )

I think he means that male teachers are seen with suspicion they may be pedophiles of some sort.

But I'm not sure.

The lists look somewhat different to me, because taking out "maternity leave" is taking out the huge #1 factor. That the secondary factors align doesn't seem as important to me when the primary factor is that different:

1. Most (484/716) cited motherhood as the main reason... and, correspondingly...
2. Most (465/716) have not returned to working at all.

The #1 factor is parental leave / maternity leave - getting it, not feeling it is enough, men not being offered it / taking it, and women deciding to leave the workforce entirely (which is not an option men are encouraged to take). Male teachers leaving the field usually go work elsewhere.

One of the main narratives offered for the other (and it's a shame that the article doesn't break it down further) is the same, and very simple: Feeling alone / out of place due to group identity and lack of other members of that group. Highly gendered jobs tend to stay that way on their own without effort because of that factor.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Createnoxia- wrote:These feminists have gone too far, especially since his WIFE made him that shirt. I support gender equality, but this is pure bullying.

Yeah. Posting a comment on twitter that wearing a shirt covered in objectifying images of female bodies is probably not the best course of action at an international press conference, and saying "Hey, that whole 'Women are discouraged from joining in the scientific community' problem is caused in a lot of ways, and this makes up part of it" is "bullying."

Stop defending someone after they've apologized. The argument is over at that point.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:10 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
Createnoxia- wrote:These feminists have gone too far, especially since his WIFE made him that shirt. I support gender equality, but this is pure bullying.

Yeah. Posting a comment on twitter that wearing a shirt covered in objectifying images of female bodies is probably not the best course of action at an international press conference, and saying "Hey, that whole 'Women are discouraged from joining in the scientific community' problem is caused in a lot of ways, and this makes up part of it" is "bullying."

Stop defending someone after they've apologized. The argument is over at that point.

People can, in fact, apologize when they're not in the wrong, and calling admission of guilt a proof of guilt would mean that all those ladies burned at the stake were, in fact, witches.
Kosovo is Serbia!
Embassy Anthem Store Facts

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Great Nepal wrote:Please stick to OFFICIAL numbers. Why to go to scholars,[cut]

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Central Slavia wrote:

People can, in fact, apologize when they're not in the wrong, and calling admission of guilt a proof of guilt would mean that all those ladies burned at the stake were, in fact, witches.

Someone pointing out your shirt as potentially offensive is not the same as being tortured until you confess to witchcraft.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Central Slavia wrote:

If you're presenting this as a personal attack on Dr. Taylor, well, he doesn't agree that this is still a fight, he conceded and apologized, so you've lost the ground you were standing on. Apologizing on television of your own accord has nothing to do with being tortured.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Galloism wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:People can, in fact, apologize when they're not in the wrong, and calling admission of guilt a proof of guilt would mean that all those ladies burned at the stake were, in fact, witches.

Someone pointing out your shirt as potentially offensive is not the same as being tortured until you confess to witchcraft.

And you're missing the point. Which was stated right there in the first sentence. I'll repeat.
People can, in fact, apologize when they're not in the wrong,
Kosovo is Serbia!

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Lexcronica
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexcronica » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:28 pm

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 5997,d.cGU

this is the only thing i can think of now because of you two......

Settrah
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Settrah » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Galloism wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:People can, in fact, apologize when they're not in the wrong, and calling admission of guilt a proof of guilt would mean that all those ladies burned at the stake were, in fact, witches.

Woah wait a minute, it's not?

Ah shit.

I have some goths I better apologize to.
Last edited by Settrah on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I triggered a dog today by accidentally asking it if it was a good boy. Turns out it was a good aromantic demisexual neutrois. I didn't even know.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:46 pm

There isn't anything objectifying about it. That's just an imperialistic attitude.

You rock on up to the guy, see he's got, gosh, nudity as part of his attire, call him a barbarian and hand him a set of acceptable clothing and a bible.
No no, you see, you have to be sexually repressed, like us europeans.
You aren't allowed to go around naked or anything, that's evil. You're a sinner.

This attitude pervades most of our interpretations of feminism too.
It's a racist taint.
Feminism got this problem because of white middle class women dominating it. It's an expression of their racism, and the racists who historically influenced the movement.

He wore a shirt with some nude imagery on it.
So what.

Further, couple that with the fact that this attitude is largely coming from feminists as an expression of a womens ideology, and the fact that STEM is an all male field, this is an attempt at colonialist attitudes.

You rock on up to the native, tell him he's a barbarian and his ways are unacceptable, and force him to act the way you find acceptable.
(In this case, censorship of sexually explicit material, because we're a prudish culture.)

This is why when the feminist ideology goes places, it ends up fucking over males in the long term.
Like in education.
Because males under a feminist system have exactly the same problem as natives have. It's expressed differently, and to different degrees, but it's there.
Men have had their own segregated culture for centuries.
Just up and declaring it unacceptable is imperialist in theory and in practice.

As such, you can make a decent case that feminism is inherently imperialist at this point, as well as sexist.

The way you deal with someone displaying nude imagery is with "Oh hey, that's neat. Look at the art."
You know, like if you come across a native american statue of some nude stuff.
You dont flip your shit and call them misogynists. (Code: Barbarian.)
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Lexcronica
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexcronica » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:23 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:

There isn't anything objectifying about it. That's just an imperialistic attitude.

You rock on up to the guy, see he's got, gosh, nudity as part of his attire, call him a barbarian and hand him a set of acceptable clothing and a bible.
No no, you see, you have to be sexually repressed, like us europeans.
You aren't allowed to go around naked or anything, that's evil. You're a sinner.

This attitude pervades most of our interpretations of feminism too.
It's a racist taint.
Feminism got this problem because of white middle class women dominating it. It's an expression of their racism, and the racists who historically influenced the movement.

He wore a shirt with some nude imagery on it.
So what.

Further, couple that with the fact that this attitude is largely coming from feminists as an expression of a womens ideology, and the fact that STEM is an all male field, this is an attempt at colonialist attitudes.

You rock on up to the native, tell him he's a barbarian and his ways are unacceptable, and force him to act the way you find acceptable.
(In this case, censorship of sexually explicit material, because we're a prudish culture.)

This is why when the feminist ideology goes places, it ends up fucking over males in the long term.
Like in education.
Because males under a feminist system have exactly the same problem as natives have. It's expressed differently, and to different degrees, but it's there.
Men have had their own segregated culture for centuries.
Just up and declaring it unacceptable is imperialist in theory and in practice.

As such, you can make a decent case that feminism is inherently imperialist at this point, as well as sexist.

The way you deal with someone displaying nude imagery is with "Oh hey, that's neat. Look at the art."
You know, like if you come across a native american statue of some nude stuff.
You dont flip your shit and call them misogynists. (Code: Barbarian.)

I think I am in love.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:29 pm

This just makes me want to buy a copy of his shirt. It could be the new Three Wolf Moon.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Untaroicht
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:29 pm

NSG's NEW (un)official resident survivalist/doomsday prepper - BURY YOUR SILVER!

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Since when is bitching "persecution"?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

The Floating Island of the Sleeping God
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Floating Island of the Sleeping God » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Untaroicht wrote:

We've been over this. Being criticized on twitter is not comparable in any meaningful way to being raped.
"When Fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and bearing the cross."
-Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here
The Blaatschapen wrote:Just to note, liberals are not sheep. Sheep are liberals ;)

Catholic Priest of Lithianity

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Untaroicht wrote:

You're conflating objectification with criticism.

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Untaroicht wrote:

[/thread]
Kosovo is Serbia!

Glorious Homeland wrote:

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Central Slavia wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:

[/thread]

Incorrect, it is not over.

It has just begun.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:34 pm

The Floating Island of the Sleeping God wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:

We've been over this. Being criticized on twitter is not comparable in any meaningful way to being raped.

Avenio wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:

Speaking of conflation... the image does not say "raped." The image says "objectified." Floating Island is a bit off.
Last edited by Tahar Joblis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Untaroicht
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:35 pm

The Floating Island of the Sleeping God wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:

Bullshit. If a woman scientist was forced to apologize and was threatened to be fired for a revealing dress she wore at a press event, you hypocrites would be rioting in the streets.
NSG's NEW (un)official resident survivalist/doomsday prepper - BURY YOUR SILVER!

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Untaroicht wrote:
The Floating Island of the Sleeping God wrote:We've been over this. Being criticized on twitter is not comparable in any meaningful way to being raped.

Bullshit. If a woman scientist was forced to apologize and was threatened to be fired for a revealing dress she wore at a press event, you hypocrites would be rioting in the streets.

Eh, not kinda the same it would make more sense if she was wearing a shirt of near naked men.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Untaroicht wrote:
The Floating Island of the Sleeping God wrote:We've been over this. Being criticized on twitter is not comparable in any meaningful way to being raped.

Wicker Man much?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Untaroicht wrote:

Wicker Man much?

I hate that movie.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Floating Island of the Sleeping God » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Tahar Joblis wrote:

Avenio wrote:

Speaking of conflation... the image does not say "raped." The image says "objectified." Floating Island is a bit off.

Read their signs.
"When Fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and bearing the cross."
The Blaatschapen wrote:Just to note, liberals are not sheep. Sheep are liberals ;)

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Floating Island of the Sleeping God » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:38 pm

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:
Gauthier wrote:
Wicker Man much?

I hate that movie.

Not the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General