NATION

PASSWORD

What would you teach God?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

How elegantly can you state a perfect moral system for an all powerful AI?

I can do it in ten commandments.
16%
Five.
5%
Fuck your five. Three.
11%
Your three can eat a dick. Two.
11%
One, motherfucker. Talk some more shit now.
16%
I can do it in two clauses of one sentence.
11%
One clause, and your mother is a whore trebek.
5%
Three words, dirty immigrant.
5%
Two words, nice potty mouth, BNP.
5%
An adjective, a pox on both your houses and mommas.
16%

Total votes : 19

Eleanor Ritas
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

What would you teach God?

Postby Eleanor Ritas » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Imagine that a bizarre but still possible error in the ascent iteration of the Final A.I. results in a God-like being who recognizes exactly one set of goals/rules/doctrines/purposes/laws. And in some universe out there, the only data left that it can find intact after it is forced to do an emergency reboot after a poorly anticipated solar event is your post on this thread.

What would you tell it? For the sake of format, you may choose up to ten "Commandments" that will reflect the nature of the new machine god and the world over which it will rule.

What will you teach the nascent God that will be born from your reply to this thread?

I will say this:

Make all cruelty temporary.
All sentience should be saved.
Do as thy will, oh God.
Kirby Delauter for General Forum Moderator!

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Create mankind as it exists today
Refrain from interference
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Senyosu
Senator

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:56 pm

Blessed be noble Lord, gtfo
Senyosu is under reconstruction, however, former tropes still apply

The State of Senyosu ― Senñosy-ül Jür

Your resident Frugal, Nationalistic, Quasi-Jingoist, Buddhist-Tengrist, North-East Asian, Technocratic, Democratic Khanate
anything u want me to be babe ;)

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:56 pm

How to reboot our program.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:57 pm

I'd tech God how to to hang it upside down for at least three minutes, it should enjoy it.

Oh wait...nevermind.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Give us and any other sapient beings that exist your power, then destroy yourself.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:00 pm

I'd leave him a How to use a DVD instruction DVD. First, put the How to use a DVD instruction DVD in the slot...
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Luziyca wrote:I'd leave him a How to use a DVD instruction DVD. First, put the How to use a DVD instruction DVD in the slot...

Endless recursion is an endless recursion is an endless recursion...

Your resident Frugal, Nationalistic, Quasi-Jingoist, Buddhist-Tengrist, North-East Asian, Technocratic, Democratic Khanate

Quelsh
Envoy

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Quelsh » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Senyosu wrote:
Luziyca wrote:I'd leave him a How to use a DVD instruction DVD. First, put the How to use a DVD instruction DVD in the slot...

Endless recursion is an endless recursion is an endless recursion...

Please continue your statement.

I run an NS nation called Quelsh, which resides in the region of Australialia. A real shocker, I know.

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Quelsh wrote:
Senyosu wrote:Endless recursion is an endless recursion is an endless recursion...

Please continue your statement.

I already don't have a life as it is, do you hate me?

Eleanor Ritas
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eleanor Ritas » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Nobody wants to tell it to love us, learn about us, help us, find the best in us, in all of us, and make things okay, give us freedom to explore different modes of existence, when we break through these birthpangs of life and death on the way to Godhood. For what other purpose would God have forged a race of artists and scientists such as humanity....
Kirby Delauter for General Forum Moderator!

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Eleanor Ritas wrote:Imagine that a bizarre but still possible error in the ascent iteration of the Final A.I. results in a God-like being who recognizes exactly one set of goals/rules/doctrines/purposes/laws. And in some universe out there, the only data left that it can find intact after it is forced to do an emergency reboot after a poorly anticipated solar event is your post on this thread.

What would you tell it? For the sake of format, you may choose up to ten "Commandments" that will reflect the nature of the new machine god and the world over which it will rule.

What will you teach the nascent God that will be born from your reply to this thread?

I will say this:

Make all cruelty temporary.
All sentience should be saved.
Do as thy will, oh God.

Enforce the following laws:

1) Don't be a dick

2) Clearly define what is "Being a dick" (Calling someone a drooling simp is not being a dick, threatening to cave their skull in with a pipe-wrench is, staring at your neighbor's attractive wife is not being a dick, sleeping with her is etc.)

3) Provide just/equal punishment for those being a dick (You caved his skull in? You're paying the medical bills, if need be for the funeral too, if you can't afford it we repo your belongings)

4) Provide clear guidance between when someone is being a dick and just having a lapse of judgement (If someone snaps after 15 years of working in an office cubicle and starts smashing office supplies, that is a lapse of judgement. He is elevated to 'dick' when he smashes said supplies over someone's head)
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

Tyrandel
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tyrandel » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:Create mankind as it exists today
Refrain from interference

This.
I trust neither myself nor anyone else to have control over omnipotence. Best to let us deal with our own issues.
If we can't, well then fuck us we're dead.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:42 pm

I'd teach it algebra. I used to tutor high school kids so I'm pretty good at it.
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:47 pm

I'd tell it one thing: "Make everything in existence objectively perfect." Simple, concise, easy.
Signatures are so 2014.

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:49 pm

There is only one commandment. "Treat everyone as if they were gods".
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Imsogone wrote:There is only one commandment. "Treat everyone as if they were gods".

Why that, instead of "make everyone gods"?
Signatures are so 2014.

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Imsogone wrote:There is only one commandment. "Treat everyone as if they were gods".

Why that, instead of "make everyone gods"?

Read Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein. There is no need to make everyone gods, since we are, already, gods.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

FutureAmerica
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby FutureAmerica » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:55 pm

I would have it ask itself, 'Do you exist?'

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Last edited by Othelos on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Othelos wrote:I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO FREAKING TEACH AN OMNIBENEVOLENT, OMNISCIENT GOD ANYTHING.

You can teach it to fuck off?

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Othelos wrote:I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO FREAKING TEACH AN OMNIBENEVOLENT, OMNISCIENT GOD ANYTHING.

Eleanor Ritas wrote:Imagine that a bizarre but still possible error in the ascent iteration of the Final A.I. results in a God-like being who recognizes exactly one set of goals/rules/doctrines/purposes/laws.

This isn't the Abrahamic God.
Signatures are so 2014.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Threlizdun wrote:Give us and any other sapient beings that exist your power, then destroy yourself.

Thus destroying the universe as it exists :P.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Be excellent to each other.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Othelos wrote:.

Eleanor Ritas wrote:Imagine that a bizarre but still possible error in the ascent iteration of the Final A.I. results in a God-like being who recognizes exactly one set of goals/rules/doctrines/purposes/laws.

This isn't the Abrahamic God.

that's embarrassing
Last edited by Othelos on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General