NATION

PASSWORD

What Does Sex Mean to You?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hatsunia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hatsunia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:41 am

From what I have observed from society, it seems that sexuality can be hated by social conservatives and social liberals.

The former for being "indecent," and the latter for being "objectifying."

It also seems that if you're sexual, you'll be called a "pervert," but if you're not, you'll be called a "prude." Personally, I've decided to compromise - I like seeing "sexy" images, but I'm not interested in seeing anything explicit (this also means that I personally don't want to have sex).
Last edited by Hatsunia on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hatsunia | 初音国
The first sound of the future, the society of the future

MT/PMT (Cyberprep) | National Day: August 31 | Ignore NS stats/policies | More than an "anime meme nation" | Less waifu, more wi-fi
Wiki (complete) | Space (WIP) | Map | Capital | MEACU | Micronesia | Tropes | Anthem ♪ | Civ ♫ | Futuristic playlist ♬ | Why Japan needs upgrades

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Scow Creek wrote:
The 502nd SS wrote:It came out wrong :oops: , I meant having gay sex

Buddy, I fear you will be very surprised an disillusioned (or have a great time): there is more gay sex in the military than anywhere on earth. I speak from experience.

The entire reason so many men in the military fought against doing away with dont-ask-dont-tell and letting gays serve openly is because the dirty secret of the military is that all us guys fuck each other and our superiors fuck us - its the big dirty secret.

Fortunately for me, I'm not ashamed of being gay, so it didnt bother me. But I'll tell you this: there isnt a man in the US military who hasnt been involved in some homoerotic behavior during active duty.

Lmao what

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Hatsunia wrote:From what I have observed from society, it seems that sexuality can be hated by social conservatives and social liberals.

It also seems that if you're sexual, you'll be called a "pervert," but if you're not, you'll be called a "prude." Personally, I've decided to compromise - I like seeing "sexy" images, but I'm not interested in seeing anything explicit (this also means that I personally don't want to have sex).

Why does it matter to you that much about what other people think

Krasny-Volny
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Krasny-Volny » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Othelos wrote:
Scow Creek wrote:
Buddy, I fear you will be very surprised an disillusioned (or have a great time): there is more gay sex in the military than anywhere on earth. I speak from experience.

The entire reason so many men in the military fought against doing away with dont-ask-dont-tell and letting gays serve openly is because the dirty secret of the military is that all us guys fuck each other and our superiors fuck us - its the big dirty secret.

Fortunately for me, I'm not ashamed of being gay, so it didnt bother me. But I'll tell you this: there isnt a man in the US military who hasnt been involved in some homoerotic behavior during active duty.

Lmao what

Maybe in his unit but as a general rule I don't think so.

In fact, those of my relatives and acquaintances who served in the military described the prevailing attitude as being something overwhelmingly opposite.
Krastecexport. Cheap armaments for the budget minded, sold with discretion.

Davinhia
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Davinhia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 pm

It means nothing to me. I don't care much about it, but it means a lot to my partner. Like I said, I don't care much about it.
Year: 2013
- President: x (PP)
- Vice President: x (PP)
- House Majority Leader: x (IKP)
- Senate Majority Leader: x (PP)
Capital City: Grove Street
RP Population: 45 Million
RP Military Population: 37 Thousand
5, peacetime

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013

Postby Calimera II » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Davinhia wrote:It means nothing to me. I don't care much about it, but it means a lot to my partner. Like I said, I don't care much about it.

So you "just do it"......

Untaroicht
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Untaroicht » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Something less plausible to happen to me then being crowned King of Sweden
Last edited by Untaroicht on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NSG's NEW (un)official resident survivalist/doomsday prepper - BURY YOUR SILVER!

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Hatsunia wrote:From what I have observed from society, it seems that sexuality can be hated by social conservatives and social liberals.

You don't want to have sex, but you'll look at semi-erotic images because you don't want people calling you "a pervert" or "a prude"? :palm:
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Grenartia wrote:

You don't want to have sex, but you'll look at semi-erotic images because you don't want people calling you "a pervert" or "a prude"? :palm:

I've decided to compromise and call him a prudish pervert.

Gaiserin
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaiserin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Sex, as in sexual activity/intercourse between two or more people.

That's about it really..
■■▀■▀■▀■▀▀▀■■■

Hatsunia
Ambassador

Postby Hatsunia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:54 pm

Esternial wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I've decided to compromise and call him a prudish pervert.

That's just what I am.

Actually, the reason why I don't want to have sex is because...
- in my personal opinion, private parts are gross (but I won't force others to agree) - just because it's "natural" doesn't mean it isn't gross
- creepy sexually-harassing comments (catcalling) exist, so I will never express the desire to have sex with anyone.
Last edited by Hatsunia on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Hatsunia | 初音国

MT/PMT (Cyberprep) | National Day: August 31 | Ignore NS stats/policies | More than an "anime meme nation" | Less waifu, more wi-fi
Wiki (complete) | Space (WIP) | Map | Capital | MEACU | Micronesia | Tropes | Anthem ♪ | Civ ♫ | Futuristic playlist ♬ | Why Japan needs upgrades

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Hatsunia wrote:
Esternial wrote:I've decided to compromise and call him a prudish pervert.

That's just what I am.

- in my personal opinion, private parts are gross (but I won't force others to agree)
- there are creepy sexually-harassing comments (catcalling), so I never want to have sex with anyone.

Having low or no sexual desire is fine, but what I think Grenartia was criticizing was your attitude of looking at semi-erotic imagery purely to placate others.
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Maeserati
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Maeserati » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:01 pm

"Everything is about sex. Except sex. Sex is about power..."

-Francis Underwood
"He is Richest Who is Content With the Least"
Far-Right Libertarian
"Of all the things I hold in high regard, rules are not one of them." -Francis Underwood

Hatsunia
Ambassador

Postby Hatsunia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
Hatsunia wrote:That's just what I am.

- in my personal opinion, private parts are gross (but I won't force others to agree)
- there are creepy sexually-harassing comments (catcalling), so I never want to have sex with anyone.

Having low or no sexual desire is fine, but what I think Grenartia was criticizing was your attitude of looking at semi-erotic imagery purely to placate others.

I enjoy semi-erotic images. I don't want to "repress" myself too much.
Last edited by Hatsunia on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hatsunia | 初音国

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:07 pm

Hatsunia wrote:
Threlizdun wrote:Having low or no sexual desire is fine, but what I think Grenartia was criticizing was your attitude of looking at semi-erotic imagery purely to placate others.

I enjoy semi-erotic images. I don't want to "repress" myself too much.

It isn't repression if you genuinely aren't interested in them. To be truly repressing yourself, you would have to be interested in erotic images but force yourself not to actually look at them. It's certainly understandable if you are attracted to semi-erotic images and not erotic ones, but your previous answer seemed to indicate that you were doing it because of how you felt others would perceive you rather than what you were interested in.
She/they

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Hatsunia
Ambassador

Postby Hatsunia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
Hatsunia wrote:I enjoy semi-erotic images. I don't want to "repress" myself too much.

It isn't repression if you genuinely aren't interested in them. To be truly repressing yourself, you would have to be interested in erotic images but force yourself not to actually look at them. It's certainly understandable if you are attracted to semi-erotic images and not erotic ones, but your previous answer seemed to indicate that you were doing it because of how you felt others would perceive you rather than what you were interested in.

To set the record straight, I am genuinely interested in semi-erotic imagery, but I am genuinely disinterested in explicit imagery.
Last edited by Hatsunia on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hatsunia | 初音国

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
Hatsunia wrote:That's just what I am.posting.php?mode=quote&f=20&p=22290100#

Confirming.

I actually think the underlined are perfectly fine reasons to not want to have sex.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Hatsunia wrote:
Threlizdun wrote:It isn't repression if you genuinely aren't interested in them. To be truly repressing yourself, you would have to be interested in erotic images but force yourself not to actually look at them. It's certainly understandable if you are attracted to semi-erotic images and not erotic ones, but your previous answer seemed to indicate that you were doing it because of how you felt others would perceive you rather than what you were interested in.

To set the record straight, I am genuinely interested in semi-erotic imagery, but I am genuinely disinterested in explicit imagery.

Fair enough, then.

Calimera II
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 03, 2013

Postby Calimera II » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Hatsunia wrote:
Threlizdun wrote:It isn't repression if you genuinely aren't interested in them. To be truly repressing yourself, you would have to be interested in erotic images but force yourself not to actually look at them. It's certainly understandable if you are attracted to semi-erotic images and not erotic ones, but your previous answer seemed to indicate that you were doing it because of how you felt others would perceive you rather than what you were interested in.

That doesn't make any sense.

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:28 pm

It is something only a married man and woman should do for the purposes of procreation.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:It is something only a married man and woman should do for the purposes of procreation.

Have you ever heard of "sex for pleasure?"

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:32 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Hatsunia wrote:To set the record straight, I am genuinely interested in semi-erotic imagery, but I am genuinely disinterested in explicit imagery.

Sure it does. Just as I like catgirls but not furies.
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Hatsunia wrote:To set the record straight, I am genuinely interested in semi-erotic imagery, but I am genuinely disinterested in explicit imagery.

What about it doesn't make sense? They find semi-erotic images attractive, but are disinterested in explicit imagery and sex.
She/they

Hatsunia
Ambassador

Postby Hatsunia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:42 pm

By the way, why should it matter whether someone is "getting any"?

(if you say, "they're missing out," why should you care about someone else's sex life (or lack of)?)
Hatsunia | 初音国

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:38 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:It is something only a married man and woman should do for the purposes of procreation.

:rofl:

You say that like any variation on that will make the Earth asplode.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General