NATION

PASSWORD

TÊTe de la Course

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:14 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Auremena wrote:I just need the money to apply. I could probably pay for a few classes with what I have now. But that's all I have.
Then check it out. Maybe like that you can both work and go to uni and make yourself happy.
Would have to find somewhere near where I live. It'd be a while before I get solid confirmation of where I'll be living, unfortunately.
Then there goes clothes and laser money, probably. Laser needs to get done. I can't deal with shaving. A friend said he knew someone who worked selling those in home lasers and could get me one, but they don't work well for the face, at least not a beard, since the hairs are thicker. No harm trying though, if it works.
Last edited by Auremena on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Modioperandi
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Modioperandi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:14 am

Liberonscien wrote:Another TET. I need to be here for these. It's like I don't exist, almost. *sigh*

Hey Lib.
Je suis un TETeur! Ich bin ein TETeur! I am a TETeur!
Horror anime lover, coffee aficionado, certified badass
Benshir's roommate.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on-Robert Frost

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:16 am

Modioperandi wrote:
Immoren wrote:
In Finland reserve POGs and grunts (IE folks who completed mandatory military service and are on mandatory reserve time) get exactly same pay in domestic reserve activity
IE
On voluntary reserve courses it's daily allowance+travel compensation
and one mandatory reserve rehearsals it's daily allowance+reservists' salary+travel compensation.

Really? Kind of an odd system there.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Apparently, a cab company in England has had a couple of customers requesting they get drivers that are local and white.

Humanity really is circling the drain at this point.

Quite. What gets me is that some people are defending this but it's NSG. I shouldn't be surprised.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Firsthome
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 am

Here's an idea for that

They people wanting white only cost more to get, but paid the samd
I have a heart of a five year-old...
it's in a jar in my basement

Springer:"I've got better things to do tonight than die"

DYK:Breathing lowers your life expectancy by 50%.

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
Left: 8.06, Libertarian: 0.6,7 foreign policy: -5.76, culture: -6.26
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 am

Auremena wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Then check it out. Maybe like that you can both work and go to uni and make yourself happy.
Would have to find somewhere near where I live. It'd be a while before I get solid confirmation of where I'll be living, unfortunately.
Then there goes clothes and laser money, probably.

You'll get the money for those in due time. As I said, even without laser or any more clothing, you're doing quite well in transitioning. You looked great in the last few pics I've seen of you. You're keeping your cool and although I know the way some people are with you irks you and offends, you're being quite the lady in not telling them off. Although you should. It won't make you less of a lady if you do. :p
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Modioperandi
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Modioperandi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:21 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Modioperandi wrote:

Humanity really is circling the drain at this point.

Quite. What gets me is that some people are defending this but it's NSG. I shouldn't be surprised.

I bow my head in shame knowing these people's genes may someday be passed on, making an even dumber race of humans.
Benshir's roommate.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on-Robert Frost

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:21 am

Modioperandi wrote:

Basically it is odd that reservist's salary in mandatory domestic rehearsals is differentiated by whether you are reserve private (73,7USD/day), reserve NCO (77,1 USD/day) or reserve Officer (80,8USD/Day) and what reserve soldier actually does is irrelevant to salary they're paid, BUT if reservist applies and is accepted into peace-keeping rotation, there their salary is determined by same table as regular personel are and its amount is determined by how demanding their work is considered to be. :P
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Gallade » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:22 am

Firsthome wrote:Here's an idea for that

That's still enabling racism.

There are certain situations where it would be acceptable. For example, if I were a doctor here I'd have no issue with a sick patient wanting to be talked to or treated by a native. That's understandably for comfort. For a ten minute taxi drive? Dear Lord, no.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:22 am

Ugh. I'm so burnt out. Bench day is hardest day. Keep pushing hard, and I'll finish this cut by Christmas.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Firsthome
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 am

I didn't say the thing was ok. I think we should push racists off a cliff

Laerod wrote:That's like pointing out a thread about kittens contains posts about baby cats.
GENERATION 4: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:24 am

Firsthome wrote:Here's an idea for that

Still doesn't make it right.
Slava Ukraini

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:24 am

Well, Momma Rat and Tiny Baby Butts are doing well, it seems. I believe all 10(?) are alive and all the ones I have looked at have their milk bands. They're too cute.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Modioperandi
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Modioperandi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:24 am

Immoren wrote:
Modioperandi wrote:

Basically it is odd that reservist's salary in mandatory domestic rehearsals is differentiated by whether you are reserve private (73,7USD/day), reserve NCO (77,1 USD/day) or reserve Officer (80,8USD/Day) and what reserve soldier actually does is irrelevant to salary they're paid, BUT if reservist applies and is accepted into peace-keeping rotation, there their salary is determined by same table as regular personel are and its amount is determined by how demanding their work is considered to be. :P

Damn. Seems way more complicated then it needs to be.

Well, I'm out party people. Be seeing you.
Benshir's roommate.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:25 am

Modioperandi wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I bow my head in shame knowing these people's genes may someday be passed on, making an even dumber race of humans.

Some probably did already. But that's not the point. I just think it's fucked such a thing happens.
Slava Ukraini

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 am

Lordieth wrote:Ugh. I'm so burnt out. Bench day is hardest day. Keep pushing hard, and I'll finish this cut by Christmas.

Keep pushing, brother. I'll join you in the slim club soon - apparently I'm losing weight.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Firsthome
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Modioperandi wrote:

Some probably did already. But that's not the point. I just think it's fucked such a thing happens.

Is it alright to cull racist people? Or is that bad too?

And possibly libertarians?
Last edited by Firsthome on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Auremena
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Auremena » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Auremena wrote:Would have to find somewhere near where I live. It'd be a while before I get solid confirmation of where I'll be living, unfortunately.
Then there goes clothes and laser money, probably.
You'll get the money for those in due time. As I said, even without laser or any more clothing, you're doing quite well in transitioning. You looked great in the last few pics I've seen of you. You're keeping your cool and although I know the way some people are with you irks you and offends, you're being quite the lady in not telling them off. Although you should. It won't make you less of a lady if you do. :p
I did once. Hated myself for days. Kicked a box in anger afterward. Made a huge hole in it.
I usually just let them beat me down. No sense in losing a customer because I corrected them.
NS's aviation and train sabelotodo.
Post-left anarchist and sad about it.
Killdash, Firsthome, Coffee Cakes, SSC, GCoCS, Snowy, Val, Aeqy, and Replevion are my bitches.
Foot worshipper: Lutvikkia. Dakky's mom, I had her with Nana.
The female Jim Morrison; not as talented, but just as attractive and self destructive. The one true heir to the throne of the Lizard King.
Some poetry I write sometimes
Tearing the MBTA a new one since 2014. The MTA too since 2016. Cover the world in trains 2030
COYS!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:28 am

Firsthome wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

It's not about culling as much as it is about educating people against racism.
Slava Ukraini

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Gallade » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:28 am

DesAnges wrote:
Lordieth wrote:Ugh. I'm so burnt out. Bench day is hardest day. Keep pushing hard, and I'll finish this cut by Christmas.

Keep pushing, brother. I'll join you in the slim club soon - apparently I'm losing weight.

Good, good. Fear tactics are working.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:29 am

Auremena wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You'll get the money for those in due time. As I said, even without laser or any more clothing, you're doing quite well in transitioning. You looked great in the last few pics I've seen of you. You're keeping your cool and although I know the way some people are with you irks you and offends, you're being quite the lady in not telling them off. Although you should. It won't make you less of a lady if you do. :p
I did once. Hated myself for days. Kicked a box in anger afterward. Made a huge hole in it.
I usually just let them beat me down. No sense in losing a customer because I corrected them.

I hate customer service in all shapes and forms. It's a job I'd never do because, 1) I suffer from social anxiety and, 2) some customers can be incredibly rude.
Slava Ukraini

Firsthome
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 am

Auremena wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You'll get the money for those in due time. As I said, even without laser or any more clothing, you're doing quite well in transitioning. You looked great in the last few pics I've seen of you. You're keeping your cool and although I know the way some people are with you irks you and offends, you're being quite the lady in not telling them off. Although you should. It won't make you less of a lady if you do. :p

How do people think you're male? I mean, unless the male in question was force fed estrogen

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 am

DesAnges wrote:

That's good. All that football, no doubt. I'm starting to look pretty lean now. Not far off the magic number where all my hard work will show. Soon body, soon.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 am

Gallade wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Keep pushing, brother. I'll join you in the slim club soon - apparently I'm losing weight.

Good, good. Fear tactics are working.

Actually it's quite without conscious effort. I'm a tad concerned.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Firsthome
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Firsthome » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 am

My moms a cashier.

She hates 70% of her customers

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Firsthome wrote:

It's not about culling as much as it is about educating people against racism.

Also it seems that children can sometimes be good eh, "weapon", against prejudices of their parents.
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General