NATION

PASSWORD

Is War A Valid Option To Deal With Putin?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Herskerstad wrote:If Putin starts it or invades NATO territory, then yes.

Like he's going to do that!

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:47 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Genivaria wrote:No sadly it's not.

Because two of the strongest powers going to war is such a good thing. :roll:

I'm not even sure how to respond to this but I think you've gotten the wrong idea.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Genivaria wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Because two of the strongest powers going to war is such a good thing. :roll:

I'm not even sure how to respond to this but I think you've gotten the wrong idea.

It sounds like you want to go to war, since you said "sadly, it's not".
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Vamtrl
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vamtrl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Edward Scissorhands wrote:Vladimir Putin is an admirable politician, he doesn't take shit from the Western bullies and wishes to steer away from the US dollar in regards to oil. Which is amazing.

If you take up arms against him, I will help defend him.

Forwarding your IP to the NSA.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Nope, the Russians have both nukes and a spot on the UN Security Council. Taking away the Russian UN Security veto might be more valuable and give it to Japan.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:46 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:Nope, the Russians have both nukes and a spot on the UN Security Council. Taking away the Russian UN Security veto might be more valuable and give it to Japan.

Why not Brazil?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Vamtrl
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vamtrl » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:Nope, the Russians have both nukes and a spot on the UN Security Council. Taking away the Russian UN Security veto might be more valuable and give it to Japan.

Why not Brazil?

Because they are not relevant.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:50 pm

It's called a "permanent seat" for a reason.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Somehow I don't think Russia would be too happy with that...
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

The Conez Imperium
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Conez Imperium » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:23 pm

How is Japan more relevant than Russia in regards to global security...their new constitution severely limits them from combat.
Salut tout le monde, c'est moi !

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:10 pm

Vladimir Putin developed an ingenious foreign policy for Ukraine. Faced with losing a huge sphere of influence, he cut his losses by obtaining Crimea, by saber rattling the West into inactivity, and using madman theory to bolster his "crazy" stance in the eyes of the world. Not to mention, the patriotism has bolstered his poll numbers along with those of his party. Putin's very intelligent in this regard.

Of course, none of this justifies his actions.
Last edited by Kelinfort on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Edward Scissorhands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Edward Scissorhands » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Vamtrl wrote:
Edward Scissorhands wrote:Vladimir Putin is an admirable politician, he doesn't take shit from the Western bullies and wishes to steer away from the US dollar in regards to oil. Which is amazing.

I am a Computer Security enthusiast, it's literally the easiest thing to hide your IP address and just stop your DNS from leaking.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:15 pm

The Conez Imperium wrote:

How is Japan more relevant than Russia in regards to global security...their new constitution severely limits them from combat.

I was using it as an economic reason and Russia's a rogue state at this point undeserving of such power in the UN.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Germanic Nordland
Spokesperson

Founded: May 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Germanic Nordland » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:03 am

Myrensis wrote:
Germanic Nordland wrote:Why should "we" wage war on Putin? To secure the American domination? I for one would rather see Europe and Russia tighten our bonds, instead of being US-lapdogs. We don't need the US, and we never did. US only used us for their own gain, as they do with countries in Southern/latin america, Africa and Asia as well. We, as Europeans, should unite and stop letting USA commanding everyone around .They should stick to their own policies.

I'm sure Eastern Europe will be pleased to know they have to be written off as Russia's Perpetual Sphere of Influence in order to secure Europe's freedom from American 'domination'.

Well I'm sure they'd rather be under Russian Sphere of interest than under Ameican?
What we can learn from Americans;
High rated obesity
High rated crime, gang related crime.
High rated multiculture with racism unheard of in Europe post-ww2; Ku-klux-klan anyone?
High religious rates, much higher than in any other western-european country (negative, religion stops development)
Enormous differences between poor and rich, unlike anything in the first-world countres
How to ruin the development of other countries (The middle-east, the American playground where they've created terrorist-groups so often that it's almost accepted to do so now.) *I know it's not acceptable, but it seems like the American government think so*

We don't need USA, and we should rather ally with our "own" ; the Americans aren't needed. We have more economical power and we have more manpower if we (All europeans) invest in our military.
While I doubt that US will invade, it's always a possiblity.
USA is less predictable than Russia, at least Russia has clear interest-spheres. US views the entire world as it's own.
If only Germany won ww1(read, 1, not 2), and we'd never ever have to experience American-domination...

Then we'd be speaking german instead of English; would've been lovely.

War against Putin would damage humanity. And our children would learn about how the "monster" Putin created a war to conquer the world, and most people will buy it as most people want others to think for them.

Lyttenburg
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyttenburg » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:48 am

The Serbian Empire wrote:

I was using it as an economic reason and Russia's a rogue state at this point undeserving of such power in the UN.

This is very... serious accusation, The Serbian Emprie. What do you mean by "rogue state"?
“In an hour of Darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity, look to the madman to show the way.”
Fight for Peace. Live for War. Die for Nothing
I wholeheartedly support the Great Ukraine from Lviv to Ternopil!
Кто не скачет - того Крым!
The ultimate fate of all Russophobes.

Lyttenburgh. Founded: Thu Sep 1 2011. Deleted: Sun Jun 8 2014. Population: 5.201 billion.
Never Forgive. Never Forget

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:34 am

Sally Forth
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Exxosia
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Exxosia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:36 am

I think going to war against a single guy is kind of overkill. I mean, yeah, the Putinator wrestles bears and molests sharks for jollies, but certainly just a spec-ops team would suffice.

Lyttenburg
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lyttenburg » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 am

Exxosia wrote:I think going to war against a single guy is kind of overkill. I mean, yeah, the Putinator wrestles bears and molests sharks for jollies, but certainly just a spec-ops team would suffice.

Just to be clear - are you advocating his assassination?
“In an hour of Darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity, look to the madman to show the way.”
Fight for Peace. Live for War. Die for Nothing
I wholeheartedly support the Great Ukraine from Lviv to Ternopil!
Кто не скачет - того Крым!
The ultimate fate of all Russophobes.

Lyttenburgh. Founded: Thu Sep 1 2011. Deleted: Sun Jun 8 2014. Population: 5.201 billion.
Never Forgive. Never Forget

Cyrisnia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:11 am

Vamtrl wrote:

Forwarding your response to the quote thread.
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:31 am

greed and death wrote:Sally Forth

I am not sure what a comic strip, albeit it a mildly amusing one, has to do with it.

Estruia
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Estruia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:08 am

I think telling him to take a long walk off of a short pier would suffice. Or, we could just treat him like the worm he is, and completely isolate Russia by any means possible.
31/Genderfluid/ENFP Currently living in the US (Michigan).

Pro: Western Social Democracy, Western Liberal Democracy, Irish Freedom, United Ireland, Scottish Independence, Sinn Fein, SNP, Plaid Cymru, Pan-Celticism, Pan-Germanism, Guaranteed Minimum Income, 2SLGBTQIA+ Rights, Israel, Taiwan

Neutral: Gun Rights, British Labour Party, British Tories, Masculism

Anti: Islamism, Arab Nationalism, Palestine, Russian Imperialism, Ukrainian Nationalism, Pan-Slavism, LDPR, Vladimir Putin, Front Nationale, UKIP, BNP, Third-wave Feminism, Science-denial, Alt-Right Politics, China

Maldovania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Maldovania » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:00 am

Yes lets go to war with Russia

that is such a good idea.......

Dollaria
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dollaria » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Germanic Nordland wrote:
Myrensis wrote:
I'm sure Eastern Europe will be pleased to know they have to be written off as Russia's Perpetual Sphere of Influence in order to secure Europe's freedom from American 'domination'.

Well I'm sure they'd rather be under Russian Sphere of interest than under Ameican?
What we can learn from Americans;
High rated obesity
High rated crime, gang related crime.
High rated multiculture with racism unheard of in Europe post-ww2; Ku-klux-klan anyone?
High religious rates, much higher than in any other western-european country (negative, religion stops development)
Enormous differences between poor and rich, unlike anything in the first-world countres
How to ruin the development of other countries (The middle-east, the American playground where they've created terrorist-groups so often that it's almost accepted to do so now.) *I know it's not acceptable, but it seems like the American government think so*

We don't need USA, and we should rather ally with our "own" ; the Americans aren't needed. We have more economical power and we have more manpower if we (All europeans) invest in our military.
While I doubt that US will invade, it's always a possiblity.
USA is less predictable than Russia, at least Russia has clear interest-spheres. US views the entire world as it's own.
If only Germany won ww1(read, 1, not 2), and we'd never ever have to experience American-domination...

Then we'd be speaking german instead of English; would've been lovely.

War against Putin would damage humanity. And our children would learn about how the "monster" Putin created a war to conquer the world, and most people will buy it as most people want others to think for them.

So that's the thanks we get for liberating you from nazis and saving your ass from Stalin...

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Dollaria wrote:So that's the thanks we get for liberating you from nazis and saving your ass from Stalin...

Except that it was Stalin that saved Europe from Nazi Germany whilst you only came in at the very end to steal the credit.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Bacopa
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bacopa » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Goddess Relief Office wrote:Putin is the greatest Russian leader the country has got in 3 centuries.

Sadly, this is true
agile - mobile - hostile

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General