NATION

PASSWORD

Russia threatens nuclear war against all NATO members

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:16 pm

The US can probably decimate Russia before they can ensure any Mutually Assured Destruction.

I'm going with "bluff".

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Empire of Narnia wrote:ISIS doesn't operate in Chechnya, and they would probably agree to ignore Russian territories if they get to expand into Iraq, Syria and possibly beyond into S.A. and Egypt. ISIS should be the vicious beast Russia funds and unleashes upon the west. If this was a strategy game I would own it.

A vicious beast is hard to control. ISIS could indirectly support a Chechen revolt.

I think they would be too distracted fighting the secular middle eastern nations. Funding ISIS would be to distract the West, not to form a long-term ally.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:
Geilinor wrote:A vicious beast is hard to control. ISIS could indirectly support a Chechen revolt.

I think they would be too distracted fighting the secular middle eastern nations. Funding ISIS would be to distract the West, not to form a long-term ally.

It doesn't sound like a good idea to become an accessory to genocide.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:20 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:
Geilinor wrote:A vicious beast is hard to control. ISIS could indirectly support a Chechen revolt.

replace ISIS with Mujahedeen and west with USSR and you sound exactly like Charlie Wilson.

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:21 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
Empire of Narnia wrote:I think they would be too distracted fighting the secular middle eastern nations. Funding ISIS would be to distract the West, not to form a long-term ally.

replace ISIS with Mujahedeen and west with USSR and you sound exactly like Charlie Wilson.

Don't criticize my sinister plans! :p

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:21 pm

Esternial wrote:The US can probably decimate Russia before they can ensure any Mutually Assured Destruction.

I'm going with "bluff".

Is this like that card game called Bullshit?
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:replace ISIS with Mujahedeen and west with USSR and you sound exactly like Charlie Wilson.

Don't criticize my sinister plans! :p

hard not to when said plan has more holes in it then a Crimean road sign.

Independent State AF
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent State AF » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:23 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:Don't criticize my sinister plans! :p

OOOOOHHHH HE WENT THERE!!! OH daym. That burn stung XD
When IC please refer to my nation as The ISAF
Official Member of the Universal Technology Alliance!
HUMAN AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
ISFJ (The Nurturer) Personality type
Pro: LGBT Rights,UK/US, Big Defense Spending, Authoritarian/Totalitarian/Fascist Government, Pro-Choice, Nationalism, Robotics, Imperial US, VOCALOID (Google it).
Anti: Religion, Homophobia/Transphobia
Want my IC Stats? Look here! We grow ever stronger! http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy/nations.php?nation=Independent+State+AF

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:25 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:ISIS doesn't operate in Chechnya, and they would probably agree to ignore Russian territories if they get to expand into Iraq, Syria and possibly beyond into S.A. and Egypt. ISIS should be the vicious beast Russia funds and unleashes upon the west. If this was a strategy game I would own it.

Russia will never support IS and I think if anything, Russia would fight against it. Russians were the people who drove out the Ottoman Turks after these Islamic invaders were knocking at their doorstep.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Kxcd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kxcd » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:25 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:I think they would be too distracted fighting the secular middle eastern nations. Funding ISIS would be to distract the West, not to form a long-term ally.

I think I like how Narnia thinks. If Vladimir were that stupid, it might actually work to weaken Russia, but he's not worried about them insofar as he wants Russia secured against Islamist terrorists.
Big Brain City wrote:
Sleeping Vampires wrote:Considering that Putin is slightly unhinged and in charge of a Nuclear Superpower, which he operates like a criminal mafia - would it still be unjustified to contemplate putting Polonium-210 in his teacup at the next round of 'peace negotiations' ? After all, what goes around, comes around.

And then some Russian ultranationalist nukes NATO.

That may not go how you want it to, my friend.
Bojikami wrote:As a Russian citizen, I highly doubt Putin will do shit.

God I hope you're right.

So do I.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Lincolnopolis wrote: Listen, I know something about fetishes. I am an adult baby. Yes, Paraphillic Infantilism.

Damn son, I just look at futas for my kicks.

BASED PRET
In other news...
kxcd's Eternal God-Empress: Yekaterina II Velikaya
IC: The Holy Trinitarian Empire of Russo-Vespalia and The Empire of Greater Kaleva

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:25 pm

Really only response would be for every NATO power to take themselves up to whatever their equivalent of DEFCON 2 and go "Yeah and?"
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:26 pm

I still think it would work though. I just wouldn't expand into ISIS territory, and keep them funded as long as they attack who I wanted them to attack. The upper leadership would know not to bite the hand that feeds them. Too bad they don't have a strategy game for this so I could test it out.

Independent State AF
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent State AF » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:27 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:Really only response would be for every NATO power to take themselves up to whatever their equivalent of DEFCON 2 and go "Yeah and?"

Yeah, pretty much that and for them to all put the keys in their ignition slots on their missile silos.
In all seriousness, Putins REEEAAALLYY starting to push his luck with how many insults the West will take
When IC please refer to my nation as The ISAF
Official Member of the Universal Technology Alliance!
HUMAN AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
ISFJ (The Nurturer) Personality type
Pro: LGBT Rights,UK/US, Big Defense Spending, Authoritarian/Totalitarian/Fascist Government, Pro-Choice, Nationalism, Robotics, Imperial US, VOCALOID (Google it).
Anti: Religion, Homophobia/Transphobia
Want my IC Stats? Look here! We grow ever stronger! http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy/nations.php?nation=Independent+State+AF

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Saiwania wrote:

Russia will never support IS and I think if anything, Russia would fight against it. Russians were the people who drove out the Ottoman Turks after these Islamic invaders were knocking at their doorstep.

Ummm...that was Poland. King Jan III Sobieski and the Winged Hussars

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Banesbane
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Banesbane » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:38 pm

It's posturing, RT may be making the entire situation appear to be started by the US and Germany and that Poroshenko eats babies, but neither Putin nor RT (which is basically Putin's personal propaganda machine) are crazy enough to seriously support a nuclear strike over Ukraine. Mostly since everyone would die.

Communist Latrobe
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Latrobe » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Well, it depends who strikes first, and where, I think they would only go for the capitals, so their governments would fall.

Time for me to invest in Bomb shelter manafacturers.

REPENT THY SINS, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

Lingang
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lingang » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Russia is just flexing its muscles, I bet. Putin wouldn't actually go for nuclear war, he's not that stupid..... right?
Favorite Quotes:
"Check yourself before you Shrek yourself" ~ Independent State AF
"And He shall smite the wicked, and plunge them into the fiery pitt!" ~ Judge Claude Frollo (*then proceeds to fall in himself*)

Proud Native and former WA Delegate of South Pacific

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Independent State AF wrote:
The Lone Alliance wrote:Really only response would be for every NATO power to take themselves up to whatever their equivalent of DEFCON 2 and go "Yeah and?"

Yeah, pretty much that and for them to all put the keys in their ignition slots on their missile silos.
No, I think at Two they just tell them to get a strong cup of coffee because they aren't sleeping anytime soon.

Independent State AF wrote:In all seriousness, Putins REEEAAALLYY starting to push his luck with how many insults the West will take
Maybe Putin's trying to see if any of our leaders have an actual spine.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Shaka-Zulu
Secretary

Founded: Jun 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaka-Zulu » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Padnak wrote:
The Russian fleet is a non-factor when it comes to menacing their neighbours and even then its allot better then it was

But quite impotent at menacing NATO, which is what I was getting at. If, for some reason, NATO decides to support the Ukraine, and as a result, Turkey closes the Straights and Demark closes the Sound to Russian traffic, Russia has no ability to force either position. At lot of their trade goes bye-bye as a result.

That would actually violate international law leading to both Denmark and and Turkey being sanctioned by most of the planet. When you own the only straight from body or water to another you can't close it off to other countries unless you have officially declared war on those countries and I doubt that either Turkey nor Denmark are prepared to officially declare war against Russia.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:19 pm

"This just in, Putin uses the same doctrine the Russians have had since they got nuclear weapons!"
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Northern European Senates remnants
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern European Senates remnants » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:19 pm

We'll doesn't matter what happens we should start stockpiling supplies because the world is going to explode.
By the way this is my awesome factbook it would be muchly appreciated if you rated it, Thankyou
Please rate this Factbook
[color=#0040FF]

Shaka-Zulu
Secretary

Founded: Jun 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaka-Zulu » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:31 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Shaka-Zulu wrote:"Let's go to Somalia together to force western values on them at the point of gun."

That's not what happened in Somalia. What happened was that Somalia didn't have a functioning government and UN humanitarian operations were extremely difficult to carry out.

Nah. It was just William Jefferson Clinton deciding with his wife, Hillary, that it was time to establish US territory in Africa by illegally invading the sovereign state that used to be Somalia. Somalia had no problems until the USA tried to illegally annex them by destroying their government.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Shaka-Zulu wrote:
Geilinor wrote:That's not what happened in Somalia. What happened was that Somalia didn't have a functioning government and UN humanitarian operations were extremely difficult to carry out.

Somalia had no problems until the USA tried to illegally annex them by destroying their government.

What government? Somalia didn't have a government from 1991 to 2000.
Last edited by Geilinor on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Roski wrote:"This just in, Putin uses the same doctrine the Russians have had since they got nuclear weapons!"

Get out of here with your calm reasoning and facts.

It's amusing that the mere mention of Russia's nuclear arsenal constitutes an imminent threat of a nuclear first strike.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General