NATION

PASSWORD

Russia threatens nuclear war against all NATO members

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:If I was Russia I would just straight-up invade Ukraine. Nobody is going to destroy the world over it.

Well, then I'm glad that you're not the Russian president.
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Shaka-Zulu wrote:
Burleson wrote:Invading Ukraine has nothing to do with their interests unless their interests are oppression and imperialism.
You mean just like the United States?

"Oh we don't like Saddam Hussein being in charge of Iraq. It's time for an illegal American led regime change in downtown Baghdad."

"Oh we don't like Gaddafi's government so we are going to arm the rebels and bombs away over Tripoli because Tripoli does not have a proper western style government."

"Let's go to Somalia together to force western values on them at the point of gun."

So poor little Russia can go do the same? Bullshit.
Putin must be sanctioned into oblivion, his crimes against Russia and her people revealed, and his fellow nutbag corrupt fucktard buddies disabused of the notion that they can seize bits of their neighbors.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Hopefully this will galvanize the West. If it doesn't...
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Skappola wrote:Hopefully this will galvanize the West. If it doesn't...

Why should it?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:57 pm

The Scientific States wrote:
Empire of Narnia wrote:If I was Russia I would just straight-up invade Ukraine. Nobody is going to destroy the world over it.

I want to do the impossible, and stop a nuclear war and Vladimir Putin. He won't shame NATO or America, and the world won't burn because of his nationalistic lunacy.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Fralinia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fralinia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:00 pm

"Is this planet a threat to the Atraxi?"
It is if they set foot in Russia.
John Rawls wrote:Justice is the first virtue of social institutions, as truth is of systems of thought. A theory, however elegant and economical must be rejected or revised if it is untrue; likewise laws and institutions no matter how efficient and well-arranged must be reformed or abolished if they are unjust.

Che Guevera wrote: At a given moment it appears that there may have been a great commotion and a single great change. But that change has been gestating among men day by day, and sometimes generation by generation.
History buff, anti-imperialist. Small horse aficionado. Big fan of Paradox games and almost-state-champion debater.
I read the news.
This poster is a known communist sympathizer.

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:00 pm

Not yet, comrade. If I was President of Russia Kazakhstan would be my next target because it is big and surrounded by anti-western nations who are unlikely to intervene.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Neoconstantius wrote:
Burleson wrote:In other news, Vladimir Putin has checked into a rehab facility to get rid of his crack addiction. Reporting for Things that will never happen but should, I'm John Smith :lol:

On a more serious note, Putin has officially lost it. Hitler is probably looking at him from hell and saying "That man is nuts"

Yeah, yeah, Putin is literally Hitler, ebul Russia bad Russia USA stronk EU stronk etc. etc.

I have a feeling you only read the title.

And we all know that we should kiss Russia's ass as our savior :roll:
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

California Prime
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby California Prime » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:01 pm

This to me is grounds for all of the Nato countries to completely cease all economic trade and any other international programs with Russia. If this is how Putin wants his country to be, then we should politically and economically isolate them and see how they do. In fact, take some of those tens of billions and give it to the Ukraine, in effect tell Russia to take a long walk off a short pier.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:02 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:

Not yet, comrade. If I was President of Russia Kazakhstan would be my next target because it is big and surrounded by anti-western nations who are unlikely to intervene.

You can only get away with so much for so long, whether your nation has nukes or doesn't have nukes. At some point, people are going to get fed up and take action.

It's like what happened during World War II. Hitler kept testing the patience of the soon-to-be Allied powers by invading nation after nation, but once he invaded Poland, they got fed up with it.

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:05 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Empire of Narnia wrote:Not yet, comrade. If I was President of Russia Kazakhstan would be my next target because it is big and surrounded by anti-western nations who are unlikely to intervene.

You can only get away with so much for so long, whether your nation has nukes or doesn't have nukes. At some point, people are going to get fed up and take action.

It's like what happened during World War II. Hitler kept testing the patience of the soon-to-be Allied powers by invading nation after nation, but once he invaded Poland, they got fed up with it.

That is always the risk, but that's why I would focus on the central Asian nations after I took Ukraine because the west is unlikely to intervene there. I think another good strategy would be to throw Assad under the bus and fund ISIS. Eventually a joint invasion of Iran could take place. America hates Iran so I don't think they would go to war to save them either.

Big Brain City
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 09, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Big Brain City » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:You can only get away with so much for so long, whether your nation has nukes or doesn't have nukes. At some point, people are going to get fed up and take action.

That is always the risk, but that's why I would focus on the central Asian nations after I took Ukraine because the west is unlikely to intervene there. I think another good strategy would be to throw Assad under the bus and fund ISIS. Eventually a joint invasion of Iran could take place. America hates Iran so I don't think they would go to war to save them either.

Fund terrorists who'll likely stir up a 3rd Chechen War? At least he has that much sense...maybe.
THE STATE OF BIG BRAIN CITY
EXITUS ACTA PROBAT

The Big Brain wrote:Freedom? People are fools and unworthy of much freedom. Even I am a fool. Many people have recognized that and want me to suffer for it.
Unfortunately for them, I can glass their planets.

Bojikami
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bojikami » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:09 pm

As a Russian citizen, I highly doubt Putin will do shit.
Be gay, do crime.
23 year old nonbinary trans woman(She/They), also I'm a Marxist-Leninist.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.33

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:You can only get away with so much for so long, whether your nation has nukes or doesn't have nukes. At some point, people are going to get fed up and take action.

I doubt you would get away with invading Kazakhstan.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:09 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:

yes genius, fund a terrorist group when you have a fairly large minority that happens to be the same demographic as said group and you have fought with in the past. that always works.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:10 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:It's like what happened during World War II. Hitler kept testing the patience of the soon-to-be Allied powers by invading nation after nation, but once he invaded Poland, they got fed up with it.

It was because France and the UK had a secret alliance with Poland in the event that it was attacked. Hitler had a personal score to settle with France over the Treaty of Versailles but he never wanted war with Great Britain, from the very beginning he wanted war with the USSR and Poland was just in the way.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Ulrenon
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulrenon » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Bojikami wrote:As a Russian citizen, I highly doubt Putin will do shit.

Boji, you silly commie. Winnie the Putin should never be underestimated.
-Verdum

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:11 pm

Big Brain City wrote:
Empire of Narnia wrote:That is always the risk, but that's why I would focus on the central Asian nations after I took Ukraine because the west is unlikely to intervene there. I think another good strategy would be to throw Assad under the bus and fund ISIS. Eventually a joint invasion of Iran could take place. America hates Iran so I don't think they would go to war to save them either.

Fund terrorists who'll likely stir up a 3rd Chechen War? At least he has that much sense...maybe.

ISIS doesn't operate in Chechnya, and they would probably agree to ignore Russian territories if they get to expand into Iraq, Syria and possibly beyond into S.A. and Egypt. ISIS should be the vicious beast Russia funds and unleashes upon the west. If this was a strategy game I would own it.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:11 pm

Saiwania wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:It's like what happened during World War II. Hitler kept testing the patience of the soon-to-be Allied powers by invading nation after nation, but once he invaded Poland, they got fed up with it.

It was because France and the UK had a secret alliance with Poland in the event that it was attacked. Hitler had a personal score to settle with France over the Treaty of Versailles but he never wanted war with Great Britain, from the very beginning he wanted war with the USSR and Poland was just in the way.

Yes, I know that France and the UK had an alliance with Poland. He tried to test their patience, and it didn't work.

Independent State AF
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent State AF » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Alriight... Its time we addressed the facts of life
This is Putin essentially calling out NATO, hes counting on our repeated attempts to avoid conflict at all cost to make us look weak. This is the solution., We tell him that and I quote
"B**** needs to back the f*** up 'for you get smacked the f*** up."
When IC please refer to my nation as The ISAF
Official Member of the Universal Technology Alliance!
HUMAN AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
ISFJ (The Nurturer) Personality type
Pro: LGBT Rights,UK/US, Big Defense Spending, Authoritarian/Totalitarian/Fascist Government, Pro-Choice, Nationalism, Robotics, Imperial US, VOCALOID (Google it).
Anti: Religion, Homophobia/Transphobia
Want my IC Stats? Look here! We grow ever stronger! http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy/nations.php?nation=Independent+State+AF

Sleeping Vampires
Civilian

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sleeping Vampires » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Considering that Putin is slightly unhinged and in charge of a Nuclear Superpower, which he operates like a criminal mafia - would it still be unjustified to contemplate putting Polonium-210 in his teacup at the next round of 'peace negotiations' ? After all, what goes around, comes around.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:
Big Brain City wrote:Fund terrorists who'll likely stir up a 3rd Chechen War? At least he has that much sense...maybe.

ISIS doesn't operate in Chechnya, and they would probably agree to ignore Russian territories if they get to expand into Iraq, Syria and possibly beyond into S.A. and Egypt. ISIS should be the vicious beast Russia funds and unleashes upon the west. If this was a strategy game I would own it.

A vicious beast is hard to control. ISIS could indirectly support a Chechen revolt.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:13 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:
Big Brain City wrote:Fund terrorists who'll likely stir up a 3rd Chechen War? At least he has that much sense...maybe.

Real life isn't a strategy game. It's much more complicated.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Empire of Narnia wrote:

except history has proven that never works.

Big Brain City
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 09, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Big Brain City » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Sleeping Vampires wrote:Considering that Putin is slightly unhinged and in charge of a Nuclear Superpower, which he operates like a criminal mafia - would it still be unjustified to contemplate putting Polonium-210 in his teacup at the next round of 'peace negotiations' ? After all, what goes around, comes around.

And then some Russian ultranationalist nukes NATO.
Empire of Narnia wrote:

That may not go how you want it to, my friend.
Bojikami wrote:As a Russian citizen, I highly doubt Putin will do shit.

God I hope you're right.
THE STATE OF BIG BRAIN CITY
EXITUS ACTA PROBAT

The Big Brain wrote:Freedom? People are fools and unworthy of much freedom. Even I am a fool. Many people have recognized that and want me to suffer for it.
Unfortunately for them, I can glass their planets.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General