NATION

PASSWORD

Can Rand Paul beat Hillary?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:38 am

Avenio wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:
Are you sure? Stacey Dash said something different:

Actress Stacey Dash Admits 'I Voted For Obama Because He's Black,' Says Administration Is 'A Bunch Of Bullies'

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/actress-s ... 00680.html

Yes, I can't possibly imagine why a Romney supporter in 2012 would want to characterize her previous support of Obama in 2008 as racially-based. That would totally not support any pre-existing GOP narrative that formed a key plank of the Romney campaign's rickety electoral raft.

Samuel L. Jackson did it also:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/1 ... 71797.html

Samuel L. Jackson made a surprising confession in the March issue of Ebony.

"I voted for Barack because he was black. Cause that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them," Jackson said, according to the New York Post.

He contended that Obama's message wasn't important, since he believes most politicians will say anything to get elected.

"That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean [anything] to me. In the end, he’s a politician. I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do. I know politicians ... lie cause they want to get elected," he continued, according to TMZ.

The president is banking on African American support for November's election. Earlier this month, he unveiled a new push to court black voters.

"He needs the support of the African-American community in order to continue to bring positive change to our community," campaign advisor Stefanie Brown told The Huffington Post.

However, not everyone in the community thinks race is enough of a reason to vote for Obama. J.C. Watts, a prominent black Republican, is a vocal Newt Gingrich supporter and Princeton professor Cornel West told Sean Hannity that while he believed the president deserves a second term, he wished he would be "more intense in terms of his commitment to poor and working people."
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:45 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Neither of Which have any bearing on the ability to do the job of PotUS.

An education that has no applicability to the job of PotUS.

Absolute bullshit.

If you are going to send troops to combat, you really should have military service. Perhaps Ron Paul is less of a war hawk because he knows what it is like to be in the military (full time-not on weekend warrior status like Bush).

So what combat did Ron see?

Bush, Clinton, and Obama can easily send troops to combat because they have no sympathy for soldiers.

And you base this on what? You might want to see our other wars say Viet Nam and look at the military backgrounds of the sitting Presidents.

Your argument is rather weak....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 am

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Avenio wrote:
Yes, I can't possibly imagine why a Romney supporter in 2012 would want to characterize her previous support of Obama in 2008 as racially-based. That would totally not support any pre-existing GOP narrative that formed a key plank of the Romney campaign's rickety electoral raft.

Samuel L. Jackson did it also:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/1 ... 71797.html

Samuel L. Jackson made a surprising confession in the March issue of Ebony.

"I voted for Barack because he was black. Cause that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them," Jackson said, according to the New York Post.

He contended that Obama's message wasn't important, since he believes most politicians will say anything to get elected.

"That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean [anything] to me. In the end, he’s a politician. I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do. I know politicians ... lie cause they want to get elected," he continued, according to TMZ.

The president is banking on African American support for November's election. Earlier this month, he unveiled a new push to court black voters.

"He needs the support of the African-American community in order to continue to bring positive change to our community," campaign advisor Stefanie Brown told The Huffington Post.

However, not everyone in the community thinks race is enough of a reason to vote for Obama. J.C. Watts, a prominent black Republican, is a vocal Newt Gingrich supporter and Princeton professor Cornel West told Sean Hannity that while he believed the president deserves a second term, he wished he would be "more intense in terms of his commitment to poor and working people."

Ok. You found one. Have any more?

-edit-
Ok two counting Dash. Is that all?
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:
Is Rand Paul really that extreme? It seems the war-hawk (Clinton) is more extreme than the one that says we need to focus on our own country first. Libertarians are less extreme than mainstream republicans and mainstream democrats when you think about it. How is supporting a more authoritarian government considered less extreme? Rand Paul is not libertarian but he is closer to that viewpoint than Hillary or many other republicans.

It's considered less extreme because Rand wants to ban abortion and opposes LGBT rights.

And Paul actually supports extreme authoritarianism on the state level due to the State's "Rights" theory and the policies that dogma is tied to (including legislators in his home state attempting to set up a state religion).
Last edited by Death Metal on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Wickedly evil people
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Wickedly evil people » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:07 pm

neither one of them can get nominated so *shrugs*
Eli

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:08 pm

Wickedly evil people wrote:neither one of them can get nominated so *shrugs*

Indeed? Care to elaborate? I don't see anyone capable of denying Mrs. Clinton the nomination if she declares herself a candidate.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:34 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:
ive never seen a 3rd party candidate who would have had massively more support if only he had more money/exposure/better spot on the ballot.

they are pretty much all nutz who need to be kept as far away from office as possible

excepting people like lisa Murkowski, joe Lieberman and Charlie crist who were mainstream politicians forced by circumstance to run outside their major party.

Compare Clinton, Bush, and Ron Paul. Who seems the more suitable presidential choice? Who is more extreme?

Bush: Patriot Act, 9/11 attacks (possible involvement), Iraq Invasion, prolonged Afghanistan invasion, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (hurts corporations), avoided serving his country in Vietnam War, DUI arrest, possible cocaine use

Bill Clinton-adultery, perjury charges, supported Kosovo terrorists, avoided serving his country during Vietnam War

Ron Paul: Respected real world experience (served as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force from 1963 to 1968. He worked as an obstetrician-gynecologist from the 1960s to the 1980s, delivering more than 4,000 babies); more education than Clinton, Bush, and Obama (Gettysburg College and the Duke University School of Medicine); so far no adultery charges and a successful marriage, against Iraq War, has guts to say no to his own party if they make bad choices (not a slave to his party), believes races should be treated equally (no affirmative action)

even with hindsight I would choose W over ron paul.

Clinton is obviously the best of the 3
whatever

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:
ive never seen a 3rd party candidate who would have had massively more support if only he had more money/exposure/better spot on the ballot.

they are pretty much all nutz who need to be kept as far away from office as possible

excepting people like lisa Murkowski, joe Lieberman and Charlie crist who were mainstream politicians forced by circumstance to run outside their major party.

9/11 attacks (possible involvement)

Now I know you're just a conspiracy theorist.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:9/11 attacks (possible involvement)

Hey, I didn't even notice that. Good catch.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:18 pm

Geilinor wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you but 9/11 was an inside job. Here are some words for thought if you are ready to leave your cave of denial and admit that some Americans leaders are not the heroes you thought they were:

http://www.911hardfacts.com/report_01.htm

http://rense.com/general57/aale.htm

http://www.serendipity.li/wot/911_a_hoax.htm
Your political compass

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Geilinor wrote:

His delusions on 9/11 is almost as eyeroll worthy as his calling himself pro-liberty when he's gone on record as saying that transpeople should be forced to be marked as one in public at all times, because he thinks transpeople are icky.
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Now I know you're just a conspiracy theorist.

Sorry to disappoint you but 9/11 was an inside job. Here are some words for thought if you are ready to leave your cave of denial and admit that some Americans leaders are not the heroes you thought they were:

they cant even keep the private republican meetings from being recorded and reported, you think they could keep massive numbers of people from telling what they know?

9/11 was an inside job. inside alqaeda.
whatever

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Death Metal wrote:

His delusions on 9/11 is almost as eyeroll worthy as his calling himself pro-liberty when he's gone on record as saying that transpeople should be forced to be marked as one in public at all times, because he thinks transpeople are icky.

Bringing up old news and I admitted that perhaps there are better ideas to prevent them from tricking innocent victims into having sex with them (ex. ones that think they are sleeping with a woman but really sleeping with a man) such as signed contracts which prove they informed their partner of their status before sex. The issue is trying to prevent fraudulent sex.
Your political compass

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:

...and my respect for you has fallen to zero.
Degenerate Heart of HetRio wrote:Murkwood, I'm surprised you're not an anti-Semite and don't mind most LGBT rights because boy, aren't you a constellation of the worst opinions to have about everything? o_o

Benuty wrote:I suppose Ken Ham, and the league of Republican-Neocolonialist-Zionist Catholics will not be pleased.

Soldati senza confini wrote:Did I just try to rationalize Murkwood's logic? Please shoot me.

Catholicism has the fullness of the splendor of truth: The Bible and the Church Fathers agree!

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

they cant even keep the private republican meetings from being recorded and reported, you think they could keep massive numbers of people from telling what they know?

Yes, if anybody leaks the secret they and their family members will be tortured and killed (and for no purpose because they would be labeled conspiracy theorists anyways and few would believe them). If they don't leak it, they will get some serious cash. They had motivation to keep quiet.

Everybody was strip searched, including Mr. Cheney and Mr. Bush, before going into the meeting to ensure there were no electronic devices.
Your political compass

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:50 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

Yeah, same. *sighs*

Haven't we also gone off-topic again?
Last edited by Valaran on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

You must be a Dick and Bush lover, you must be drinking coffee out of this right now:

Your political compass

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:

Yes, if anybody leaks the secret they and their family members will be tortured and killed (and for no purpose because they would be labeled conspiracy theorists anyways and few would believe them). If they don't leak it, they will get some serious cash. They had motivation to keep quiet.

Everybody was strip searched, including Mr. Cheney and Mr. Bush, before going into the meeting to ensure there were no electronic devices.

that is so sad.

and off topic.

feel free to start a "was 9/11 an inside job" thread. we haven't had one of those in a while.
whatever

Murkwood
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Murkwood » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Murkwood wrote:...and my respect for you has fallen to zero.

You must be a Dick and Bush lover, you must be drinking coffee out of this right now:

I do like both Bush and Cheney, but that is neither here nor there. Any reasonable man will tell you 9/11 was not an inside job.

Freiheit Reich
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Freiheit Reich » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Rand Paul: Dick Cheney used 9/11 as excuse to invade Iraq for the benefit of Halliburton

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/07/r ... lliburton/

I like that he isn't shy to say the truth about this incident. Too bad most people haven't considered this. This gives him an advantage over Hillary.
Your political compass

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Neither of Which have any bearing on the ability to do the job of PotUS.

An education that has no applicability to the job of PotUS.

Absolute bullshit.

If you are going to send troops to combat, you really should have military service. Perhaps Ron Paul is less of a war hawk because he knows what it is like to be in the military (full time-not on weekend warrior status like Bush).

Bush, Clinton, and Obama can easily send troops to combat because they have no sympathy for soldiers.

Or perhaps a veteran would hesitate to send troops into combat, having too much sympathy for soldiers, when they really should be sent.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:18 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:Rand Paul: Dick Cheney used 9/11 as excuse to invade Iraq for the benefit of Halliburton

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/07/r ... lliburton/

I like that he isn't shy to say the truth about this incident. Too bad most people haven't considered this. This gives him an advantage over Hillary.

Wow. Taking a stance on something 13 years after the fact! What a leader!!!!

You should also mention his other conspiracy theories like the UN gun grab or the weather service stock piling ammunition.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

I do like both Bush and Cheney, but that is neither here nor there. Any reasonable man will tell you 9/11 was not an inside job.

Not to mention "You must like these guys" is a completely fallacious argument.

Might as well be saying because I'm a wrestling fan I should take stock in any of Jesse Ventura's lunatic ideas.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Murkwood wrote:
Freiheit Reich wrote:

This is also the same person who's convinced that "the liberal West" will fall to "teh radical mooslems".

Unless he's going to argue that "radical muslims" had the Bush administration under their thumbs, and were somehow capable of having thousands of people play their part in 9/11 without significant numbers of people spilling the beans before or after the fact, and simultaneously somehow not being able to go after the conspiracy theorists themselves (the fact that conspiracy theorists aren't getting killed, suppressed, or paid off to keep quiet is probably one of the best refutations of their claims), the two statements are utterly incompatible. And even if he did argue that, the burden of proof would be so immense, not even Atlas and Hercules could carry it.

FR is just a circle and a Teflon Troll with absolutely no credibility.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:

So where did you get your degree in Aerospace Engineering? The University of Durrr?
Last edited by Norstal on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General