NATION

PASSWORD

Your gender identity and sexual orientation?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

read the thread title

male
43%
female
5%
other gender identity
3%
heterosexual
29%
bisexual
8%
pansexual
3%
homosexual
6%
other sexual orientation
3%

Total votes : 2239

Senyosu
Senator

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Free States of Dixon wrote:
Aahmerica wrote:Straight male?

Are you not sure?

Honestly I think not everyone is completely heterosexual. Heteromantic (love a specific gender and sex)? Maybe.
Senyosu is under reconstruction, however, former tropes still apply

The State of Senyosu ― Senñosy-ül Jür

Your resident Frugal, Nationalistic, Quasi-Jingoist, Buddhist-Tengrist, North-East Asian, Technocratic, Democratic Khanate
anything u want me to be babe ;)

Aahmerica
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aahmerica » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Are you not sure?

Last time i called myself a straigt male i offended someone, and they went bat shit on me.

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Free States of Dixon wrote:1. I hope your mom realizes one day that it's who you are, no matter who you are born as and that she'd love you regardless.

2. This is kinda late, but happy day of remembrance anyway. 3. Best wishes and don't let the demands of others hinder who you identify as and how you wish to present yourself to others.

1. I think she would eventually. Its just in the short term that worries me. I think I'd have less of a problem if I were in the binary. She'd at least understand that, methinks.

2. Kind of feels weird to say "happy" for a day that's most decidedly sad, isn't it? But there's not really any other way to say what you're wanting to say. English sucks sometimes.

3. Yeah. Its really only a problem for me because I live with my mom, and if shit hits the fan, I'm out on the street. I have a cousin who's cool with me being trans, and has offered to take me in, but she lives an entire state away. And not a tiny little state you can drive across in less than an hour. I live in TN, she lives in LA, and its 8 hours between our two houses.

Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:
:hug:

I'm going through something similar right now. My mom acts very similar to yours.

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:I would think if I came out as a pansexual now, she would hate me. We have a horrible relationship at the moment, it'll only get hellish.
I'm out and bout about furries, and she hates them, so that would be reason B

Ouch.

Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:
I've also got a pretty horrible relationship with my mom right now, mainly because she doesn't respect my choice of a name, and she's trying to get me to choose a different one.

Why's she hate it, and what's she trying to force you to change it to, if I may ask?

Spoder wrote:I'll probably never come out about pansexuality, unless I distance myself from my parents.

They're incredibly conservative and I hear them spout disgusting bullshit all the time.

Just two days ago, I approached my mom about dying my hair white.

She vomited a bunch of sexist garbage and said people would think I was gay, like it was a bad thing.

What the fuck is it with so many people's mom's being fucking overly restrictive? :hug:

Personally, as far as natural colors go, I'd prefer to dye my hair red. Unnatural colors, I'd prefer some shade of blue, or green, or maybe purple.

Jordsindia wrote:I have a penis, so I am a male.

OP asked for your gender, not your sex.

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:I attempted to get a colored earring, but guess who buts in and says never because it's gay?

For what its worth, yall are making me feel better about my own mom. She's actually ok with me being pan (she still calls me "bi", even though I've told her there's a distinction between bi and pan).

Spoder wrote:They have no right to express it.

It really pisses me off. When people literally think you're their possession until you become an *adult*

That's what life was like under my mom's mother (except, to her, it also extends past adulthood, and transfers to the kids' kids). Thank God my mom never followed that bullshit.

Senyosu wrote:Helicopter parents tend to be like that.

Helicopter? My mom's mother is more like a shoulder parrot. Always over your shoulder, squawking in your ear, etc.

For a serious-ish comfort post, the parrot-shoulder parent thing almost made me pee in my pants from laughing. The mental image is quite amusing.

Your resident Frugal, Nationalistic, Quasi-Jingoist, Buddhist-Tengrist, North-East Asian, Technocratic, Democratic Khanate

Jordsindia
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordsindia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Aahmerica wrote:
Free States of Dixon wrote:Are you not sure?

Last time i called myself a straigt male i offended someone, and they went bat shit on me.

Were you on Tumblr?

Don't go on Tumblr.
Represent

American and Proud!

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name!

-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Aahmerica wrote:
Free States of Dixon wrote:Are you not sure?

Quoting myself isn't a good idea but I'll do it anyway.
Sebastianbourg wrote:
Senyosu wrote:Terminology is nice lest you offend someone or get odd glances from psychologists.

We shouldn't care too much about offending people unless it will impact us negatively (more often than not economically; offending your boss for example).

Ironbarrow
Envoy

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironbarrow » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Are you asking a question?
FALL BACK

Aahmerica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aahmerica » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Jordsindia wrote:
Aahmerica wrote:

Were you on Tumblr?

Don't go on Tumblr.

No.... Wal-Mart.

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Jordsindia wrote:
Aahmerica wrote:

Were you on Tumblr?

Don't go on Tumblr.

FFS stop blaming tumblr. It's only one part of tumblr for the most part, less than a fifth of that website is specific to what you are thinking right now.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Ironbarrow wrote:

Are you asking a question?

No, he doesn't want to offend anyone. :p

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:30 pm

Aahmerica wrote:
Jordsindia wrote:Were you on Tumblr?

Don't go on Tumblr.

No.... Wal-Mart.

it was one incident

ignore it

Jordsindia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jordsindia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:30 pm

Aahmerica wrote:

Don't go on Tumblr.

No.... Wal-Mart.

Lolwut?
Represent

American and Proud!

10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name!

-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Jordsindia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jordsindia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Senyosu wrote:

Don't go on Tumblr.

FFS stop blaming tumblr. It's only one part of tumblr for the most part, less than a fifth of that website is specific to what you are thinking right now.

Well, it is that part of Tumblr that would typically go apeshit on someone for being a 'straight male'.
Represent

American and Proud!

-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Jordsindia wrote:
Senyosu wrote:FFS stop blaming tumblr. It's only one part of tumblr for the most part, less than a fifth of that website is specific to what you are thinking right now.

Well, it is that part of Tumblr that would typically go apeshit on someone for being a 'straight male'.

So? Why do you care? Enjoy the other parts of tumblr. Like the artsy and photograph part of tumblr. Or food. Food is always good.

Just so we are clear, do you watch Doctor Who? [suspicious glance]

Free States of Dixon
Attaché

Founded: Nov 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Free States of Dixon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Free States of Dixon wrote:1. I hope your mom realizes one day that it's who you are, no matter who you are born as and that she'd love you regardless.

2. This is kinda late, but happy day of remembrance anyway. 3. Best wishes and don't let the demands of others hinder who you identify as and how you wish to present yourself to others.

1. I think she would eventually. Its just in the short term that worries me. I think I'd have less of a problem if I were in the binary. She'd at least understand that, methinks.

2. Kind of feels weird to say "happy" for a day that's most decidedly sad, isn't it? But there's not really any other way to say what you're wanting to say. English sucks sometimes.

3. Yeah. Its really only a problem for me because I live with my mom, and if shit hits the fan, I'm out on the street. I have a cousin who's cool with me being trans, and has offered to take me in, but she lives an entire state away. And not a tiny little state you can drive across in less than an hour. I live in TN, she lives in LA, and its 8 hours between our two houses.

1. Of course she would. Binary is still the norm, the unwritten toxic rule. Wish there'd be no norms like that.

2. I know right? Whatever remembrance day it is, there's always some kind of sad tone. Remembrance for the fallen, holocaust memorial Good Friday to christians... all filled with the grief of those whom were affected and who care.

3. Well, at least you have some kind of plan B for the worst case scenario. I sincerely hope you can sort things out with your mom. Family disputes can hurt badly.
Nation name's the Free States of Dixon. Also known as 'Dixie' or 'Dixieland'. And demonym's Dixan, not Dixonian.
I'm a modern whig in support of personal, political and economic freedom, social equality and national sovereignty.

Jordsindia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jordsindia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Senyosu wrote:
Jordsindia wrote:Well, it is that part of Tumblr that would typically go apeshit on someone for being a 'straight male'.

So? Why do you care? Enjoy the other parts of tumblr. Like the artsy and photograph part of tumblr. Or food. Food is always good.

I don't care. I was concerned maybe he stumbled in that bad part of Tumblr and was attacked by those nuts.

No, not a single episode of Doctor Who has met with my eyes.
Represent

American and Proud!

-∮ The Crumpet Cult ∮-

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:37 pm

Senyosu wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Ouch.

Why's she hate it, and what's she trying to force you to change it to, if I may ask?

What the fuck is it with so many people's mom's being fucking overly restrictive? :hug:

Personally, as far as natural colors go, I'd prefer to dye my hair red. Unnatural colors, I'd prefer some shade of blue, or green, or maybe purple.

OP asked for your gender, not your sex.

For what its worth, yall are making me feel better about my own mom. She's actually ok with me being pan (she still calls me "bi", even though I've told her there's a distinction between bi and pan).

That's what life was like under my mom's mother (except, to her, it also extends past adulthood, and transfers to the kids' kids). Thank God my mom never followed that bullshit.

Helicopter? My mom's mother is more like a shoulder parrot. Always over your shoulder, squawking in your ear, etc.

For a serious-ish comfort post, the parrot-shoulder parent thing almost made me pee in my pants from laughing. The mental image is quite amusing.

Fucked up thing is that its entirely accurate. :p

Grenartia wrote:

1. Of course she would. Binary is still the norm, the unwritten toxic rule. Wish there'd be no norms like that.

2. I know right? Whatever remembrance day it is, there's always some kind of sad tone. Remembrance for the fallen, holocaust memorial Good Friday to christians... all filled with the grief of those whom were affected and who care.

3. Well, at least you have some kind of plan B for the worst case scenario. I sincerely hope you can sort things out with your mom. Family disputes can hurt badly.

1. Same here.

2. Agreed for all but Good Friday, but that's a topic for another thread.

3. Well, its not really a plan B at all, since I have no way of getting down there.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Souriya Al-Assad
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Souriya Al-Assad » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:39 pm

Male, heterosexual/straight.

Human Beings are humans, not property.Corporations, (Corporate Property), is property; it is not a human being.Once we understand these two simple concepts, we can move on as a society. - Shofercia | What I believe besides agreeing with the above: Corporations/Conglomerates are vile scum that need to be nationalised, centralised, collectivised as well as redistributed directly back to the masses themselves to control via popular committees. Vive le Communisme! Vive l'idéologie Mathaba!
Imperialism makes monsters out of Man. - Comrade Ernesto Che Guevara.
Allah, Souriya, Bashar w bas! - EPIC
Basically, this. Our form of gov..
NS wars: 1/1/1/1.
USSR/Yugo HDIs 1992 - Haters are going to hate
EPIC 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Hezbollah Compass TRUTH

Transyl
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transyl » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:40 pm

I am a Female who is attracted to anyone and everyone, as long as they are good people. In my opinion you could be the most attractive person in the world, but be the most ugliest person at the same time due to your horrid attitude and actions. I don't care about looks, i care about personality, kindness, and everything of that sort.
I'm Kitty!
About me
NS stats have no power here. We only use Factbooks!
Main Factbook.

Proud Fascist!
Proud member of the Anti-Democracy League!
Yandere!
Ancient Humans is the love of my life! Touch him and you'll face my wrath!
Creepwood Apple-Loosa and Xanama are my Kawaii Friends! :3

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Jordsindia wrote:
Senyosu wrote:So? Why do you care? Enjoy the other parts of tumblr. Like the artsy and photograph part of tumblr. Or food. Food is always good.

I don't care. I was concerned maybe he stumbled in that bad part of Tumblr and was attacked by those nuts.

No, not a single episode of Doctor Who has met with my eyes.

He shouldn't care too much either?

Tumblr in general, do not overgeneralize it. Furthermore, there are more level headed SJWs there, except it's honestly going to take effort to find them and speak to them one on one. On a more on topic note, the main thing one should walk out of learning from the gender expression and sexuality rights movement--just don't judge people beforehand via the conventional norm (gender binary and other misconceptions), that's really all there is to it. Mutual dialogue starts when personal judgments are extinguished.

Furry Alairia and Algeria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Furry Alairia and Algeria » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:41 pm

She's liberal, but her only problem is me.
In memory of Dyakovo - may he never be forgotten - Дьяковожс ученик

I do not reply to telegrams, unless you are someone I know.

Ironbarrow
Envoy

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironbarrow » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Sebastianbourg wrote:
Ironbarrow wrote:Are you asking a question?

No, he doesn't want to offend anyone. :p

Where does he think he is, tumblr?
FALL BACK

Aahmerica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aahmerica » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:44 pm

Senyosu wrote:
Aahmerica wrote:
No.... Wal-Mart.

it was one incident

ignore it

That was a few years ago, I'm over it. Kinda crazy how he or shes or whatever tried to mace me with pepper spray.

I ended up just getting away and leaving, i was afraid to hit the individual for fear of being charged a hate crime.
Extremists amiright?

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Transyl wrote:I am a Female who is attracted to anyone and everyone, as long as they are good people. In my opinion you could be the most attractive person in the world, but be the most ugliest person at the same time due to your horrid attitude and actions. I don't care about looks, i care about personality, kindness, and everything of that sort.

We have a word for that, its called "Pansexual". :P

Furry Alairia and Algeria wrote:

She's liberal, but her only problem is me.

Why?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Senyosu
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Senyosu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Ironbarrow wrote:
Sebastianbourg wrote:No, he doesn't want to offend anyone. :p

Where does he think he is, tumblr?

why do care about sjw section of tumblr

you should be more concerned on 4chan having the capability of invading nsg

not tumblr invading nsg

just why

what have they done to you

they're only bitching about stuff

besides there are some sjws (me) who are so damn lenient

so stop overgeneralizing

Degenerate Heart of HetRio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Degenerate Heart of HetRio » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Senyosu wrote:why do care about sjw section of tumblr

you should be more concerned on 4chan having the capability of invading nsg

not tumblr invading nsg

just why

what have they done to you

they're only bitching about stuff

besides there are some sjws (me) who are so damn lenient

so stop overgeneralizing

I'd love to flood NSG with SJ Brazilians. :(
Pro: Communism/anarchism, Indigenous rights, MOGAI stuff, bodily autonomy, disability rights, environmentalism
Meh: Animal rights, non-harmful religion/superstition, militant atheism, left-leaning reform of capitalism
Anti: Dyadic superstructure (sex-gender birth designation and hierarchy), positivism, conservatism, imperialism, Zionism, Orientalism, fascism, religious right, bending to reactionary concerns before freedom/common concern, fraudulent beliefs and ideologies

Formerly "Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro".

Compass: -10.00, -9.13
S-E Ideology: Demc. Socialist (92% ditto/Marxist, 75% Anarchist/Social democrat, 0% etc)
S-E school of thought: Communist (100% ditto, 96% Post-Keynesian)

Though this says I'm a social democrat, I'm largely a left communist.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General