NATION

PASSWORD

The 2014-15 College Football Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Well, Georgia got fucked over by the refs. But its not like Georgia could've put a scoring drive together in 1 minute.

Surprisingly, Oklahoma isn't up by 5 touchdowns on Tennessee already. Could the Big 12 be slipping?
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Commerce Heights
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Torisakia wrote:Well, Georgia got fucked over by the refs. But its not like Georgia could've put a scoring drive together in 1 minute.

If the official wanted to give South Carolina the first down, it wouldn’t have been that close. It simply wouldn’t be possible to place the ball with such accuracy. :P

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Torisakia wrote:Well, Georgia got fucked over by the refs.

I'll remind you that South Carolina got screwed earlier in the game with that BS personal foul that was started with the Gurley headbutt. It was a third down stop; instead Georgia went on to score. Poetic justice at work. Live by the ref, die by the ref.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Commerce Heights wrote:
Torisakia wrote:Well, Georgia got fucked over by the refs. But its not like Georgia could've put a scoring drive together in 1 minute.

If the official wanted to give South Carolina the first down, it wouldn’t have been that close. It simply wouldn’t be possible to place the ball with such accuracy. :P

You're right, they probably would've given them an extra 5 yards. :p
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Costa Aluria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Aluria » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Nothing like giving a top 25 team a completely free possession.

Bythyrona
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Torisakia wrote:Surprisingly, Oklahoma isn't up by 5 touchdowns on Tennessee already. Could the Big 12 be slipping?

There are only three nationally decent teams in the Big XII right now: Oklahoma, Baylor, and TCU. Bob Bowlsby is an idiot. The Big XII has been slipping for a long, long time - they're the only conference to lose their championship game since the formation of the Mountain West.
Days like dominoes, all in a line

Emerge transformed in a million years, from days like these

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:Nothing like giving a top 25 team a completely free possession.

Really. Really Texas. Why do you continue to make a mockery of my support for you ;-;
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Commerce Heights
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Costa Aluria wrote:Nothing like giving a top 25 team a completely free possession.

Nebraska just trumped that. On a Fresno State punt, the return man inexplicably batted the ball from the field of play into his own end zone and out the back for a safety, gifting Fresno State two points and a free possession…

At least Fresno State didn’t recover the batted ball in the end zone for a touchdown.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:31 pm

Florida's getting all kinds of help from the refs against Kentucky. First a missed delay of game on 4th down in OT then a bullshit pass interference call.

Who the fuck refs these games?

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:32 pm

FIRE BAJAKIAN. God damn it, this offensive line sucks and our offensive coordinator sucks. Two fucking endzone INTs. Typical Tennessee bullshit - an Oklahoma DB running back an interception 99 yards to score. FUCK. Why do I watch this fucking team? Worley finally looks competent, Hurd is a five-star RB recruit, the wide receivers do well until they get into the endzone, our defense is solid, but our offensive line can't stop a fucking thing and Bajakian apparently doesn't know his head from his ass, let alone how to direct an SEC offense. WE WOULD BE DOWN BY THREE TO THE #4 TEAM IN THE NATION RIGHT NOW IF OUR FUCKING WIDE RECEIVERS WOULD SIMPLY HOLD ON TO THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE. FML. Same old Vols, same old UT, same old Big Orange bullshit. :meh:

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Torisakia wrote:Florida's getting all kinds of help from the refs against Kentucky. First a missed delay of game on 4th down in OT then a bullshit pass interference call.

Who the fuck refs these games?

NS' resident KNICKS Fan
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:44 pm

I want these Florida-Kentucky refs fired. Absolutely piss-poor calls just to get Florida to win.

WIll Muschamp won't be so happy come next Saturday.

Latest Headlines

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Bythyrona wrote:FIRE BAJAKIAN. God damn it, this offensive line sucks and our offensive coordinator sucks. Two fucking endzone INTs. Typical Tennessee bullshit - an Oklahoma DB running back an interception 99 yards to score. FUCK. Why do I watch this fucking team? Worley finally looks competent, Hurd is a five-star RB recruit, the wide receivers do well until they get into the endzone, our defense is solid, but our offensive line can't stop a fucking thing and Bajakian apparently doesn't know his head from his ass, let alone how to direct an SEC offense. WE WOULD BE DOWN BY THREE TO THE #4 TEAM IN THE NATION RIGHT NOW IF OUR FUCKING WIDE RECEIVERS WOULD SIMPLY HOLD ON TO THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE. FML. Same old Vols, same old UT, same old Big Orange bullshit. :meh:

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL.

Alabama has somewhat of the same problems. Although they win more often, they've gone downhill strategically the past few years. For one, they make the shittiest calls on the shittiest downs. They'll run the ball on 3rd & long and then pass on 3rd & inches. Their defense does great until 3rd down, specifically 3rd & long. Apparently, they like letting the other teams bet big throws and runs and they like giving up big 3rd down stops. I say 'like' because they do it so often I actually think they do it on purpose.

Not to mention the Dubose-Shula era Bama teams. So I know how it feels, somewhat.

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:07 am

The FUCKING TENNESSEE Top 25 - Week 3

1. Oregon (3-0)
2. Florida State (2-0)
3. Alabama (3-0)
4. Oklahoma (3-0)
5. Baylor (3-0)
6. Texas A&M (3-0)
7. Auburn (2-0)
8. LSU (3-0)
9. Notre Dame (3-0)
10. Michigan State (1-1)
11. Georgia (1-1)
12. Ole Miss (3-0)
13. Arizona State (3-0)
14. South Carolina (2-1)
15. Nebraska (3-0)
16. UCLA (3-0)
17. USC (2-1)
18. Stanford (2-1)
19. Wisconsin (1-1)
20. Ohio State (2-1)
21. Missouri (3-0)
22. Clemson (1-1)
23. BYU (3-0)
24. TCU (2-0)
25. Kansas State (2-0)
----------
IN: TCU
OUT: Louisville
----------
#26 Cincinnati, #27 Pittsburgh, #28 North Carolina, #29 Marshall, #30 Arizona, #31 Washington, #32 Michigan, #33 East Carolina, #34 Virginia Tech, #35 Virginia, #36 Florida, #37 Louisville, #38 Miami (FL), #39 Boston College, #40 Boise State

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Kansas State sucks sooo bad. How the hell are they #20? They can stop the #5 team in the nation from scoring, but when they get the ball they can't do anything. Wtf?

Latest Headlines

Commerce Heights
Minister

Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Torisakia wrote:Kansas State sucks sooo bad. How the hell are they #20? They can stop the #5 team in the nation from scoring

I think you’ve answered your own question.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Commerce Heights wrote:
Torisakia wrote:Kansas State sucks sooo bad. How the hell are they #20? They can stop the #5 team in the nation from scoring

I think you’ve answered your own question.

Eh, doesn't matter anyways. KSU threw another INT. Pretty much over now.

Latest Headlines

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:51 pm

3rd & 9, game point for KSU: "Lets not cover the pass. No way would Auburn throw it. That's just silly".

So it seems Alabama and Kansas State have something in common: they both play awful and miss field goals when playing Auburn. At least now another school knows what it feels like.

Latest Headlines

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:01 am

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/nation/2 ... /15835629/

...and this, folks, is why ESPN hates us. Things like this, the endemic stupidity of an SEC fanbase, are also one reason I no longer reside in Tennessee for the time being.
Last edited by Bythyrona on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jachaelter
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jachaelter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:10 pm

You know what team is surprising to me?

Ole miss they've been so dominant

Bythyrona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Bythyrona » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:51 pm

Jachaelter wrote:You know what team is surprising to me?

...that Boise State game was a crap fest with the majority of Ole Miss' points coming in garbage time. They have the most inconsistent quarterback in football. Fuck Ole Miss.
Last edited by Bythyrona on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:03 pm

I've been fairly impressed with Arizona State.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Bythyrona wrote:

...that Boise State game was a crap fest with the majority of Ole Miss' points coming in garbage time. They have the most inconsistent quarterback in football. Fuck Ole Miss.

Bo Wallace is the only quarterback I know who fumbles the ball right before they score the winning TD in OT against their rival.

Latest Headlines

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Biggest line of the weekend: Georgia#13 -42 over Troy, with a 64.5 O/U. Should I put a cheeky fiver on an aggregate of UGA (win with giving up the points) and the over on this one?
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:10 pm

GOD DAMMIT ALABAMA QUIT FUMBLING THE FUCKING FOOTBALL! YOU'RE THE #3 TEAM IN THE NATION AND YOU'RE DOWN TO A CUPCAKE FLORIDA TEAM. WTF?!?!

Well, they fumbled on a run and fumbled on a pass. Alabama's stuck. They can't do anything.

Latest Headlines

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General