NATION

PASSWORD

How to Build a communist Micronation

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Argozi
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

How to Build a communist Micronation

Postby Argozi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:49 pm

first, know what a micronation is before you post.

Let's say you want to build a micronation in the suburbs. But you want to make your micronation communist. How do you do it?

I'm wondering cause that's exactly what I want to do.

(and no, mods, I am NOT trying to recruit anyone.)

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 pm

And how will you explain to the nation that you are currently living in that you plan to have your own "micronation"?
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:54 pm

Lancaster of Wessex wrote:And how will you explain to the nation that you are currently living in that you plan to have your own "micronation"?

I think as long as you keep paying taxes and don't do anything especially illegal they don't really care.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:55 pm

How do you plan on committing widespread repression and mass executes on a mirconation scale?
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:56 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Lancaster of Wessex wrote:And how will you explain to the nation that you are currently living in that you plan to have your own "micronation"?

I think as long as you keep paying taxes and don't do anything especially illegal they don't really care.

If out of principle this person is wanting a micronation, which is by definition is a separate "independent" entity from his "host state," I think his little experiment would last all of 10 minutes before police and or other officials say, "Hey, knock it off." /micronation
Lancaster.

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

The Sotoan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sotoan Union » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:57 pm

Most micro nations are just ignored.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Lancaster of Wessex wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:I think as long as you keep paying taxes and don't do anything especially illegal they don't really care.

If out of principle this person is wanting a micronation, which is by definition is a separate "independent" entity from his "host state," I think his little experiment would last all of 10 minutes before police and or other officials say, "Hey, knock it off." /micronation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_micronations
~~~~~~~~

Argozi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Argozi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Blazedtown wrote:How do you plan on committing widespread repression and mass executes on a mirconation scale?

First off, I don't think you know what communism is.

But here's the problem:

How can you have a classless self sufficient society where eceryone contributes to the community and everyone's needs are met...WHEN YOU LIVE IN AN APARTMENT?!

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:59 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Lancaster of Wessex wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_micronations

True enough. I guess officials have better things to do than deal with rubbish. Much obliged!
Lancaster.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:00 pm

Blazedtown wrote:How do you plan on committing widespread repression and mass executes on a mirconation scale?

This =\= Communism.

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:00 pm

Argozi wrote:

But here's the problem:

How can you have a classless self sufficient society where eceryone contributes to the community and everyone's needs are met...WHEN YOU LIVE IN AN APARTMENT?!

Boy this is even better than I thought!
Lancaster.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:01 pm

Argozi wrote:

But here's the problem:

Well, it's been argued that communism can only work with small populations....
~~~~~~~~

Kumuri
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kumuri » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:02 pm

Argozi wrote:

But here's the problem:

A commune?
╔═════════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╗
dead
╚═════════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╝

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:03 pm

Argozi wrote:

But here's the problem:

A classless stateless society may be the end goal, but please tell me why anyone that has done anything with the idea of working towards that rather than handing out poorly photocopied fliers or bitching about the ebil capitalists on the internet ends up killing millions.
Go Vikings.

Argozi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Argozi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:03 pm

Kumuri wrote:
Argozi wrote:

But here's the problem:

A commune?

A commune... I guess that could work...would have to find someone who lives in a house with a backyard, though.

Segland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Segland » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:03 pm

Argozi wrote:

But here's the problem:

Look to the communal Soviet apartments for inspiration ;)
The Seglandic Republic | Segelcynn Gemænewela | 色各兰共和国
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere." - Seamus Heaney

Kumuri
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kumuri » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:04 pm

Argozi wrote:
Kumuri wrote:A commune?

A commune... I guess that could work...would have to find someone who lives in a house with a backyard, though.

Communeist.
╔═════════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╗
dead
╚═════════════════════════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ═════════════════════════════════════╝

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:04 pm

The Emerald Dragon wrote:

This =\= Communism.

Of course not, but saying communism isn't responsible for millions of deaths is like saying that theocracy doesn't lead to religious oppression.
Go Vikings.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:04 pm

Segland wrote:
Argozi wrote:

But here's the problem:

Looking at the Soviets for examples of communism is not a particularly good idea.
~~~~~~~~

Argozi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Argozi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:06 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Segland wrote:

Looking at the Soviets for examples of communism is not a particularly good idea.

that was on a national level. we're talking local level.

Margno
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Margno » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:06 pm

What you're gonna want to start with is establishing a commune, (or joining an existing one) along with associated workers co op(s) large enough for everyone in it to have work and capable of expansion. Then recruit. If you're good enough, you'll grow. As you grow, diversify. Hit a couple hundred people. You are now a de facto communist micronation paying protection money to the United States.
As for how to get your micronation to not pay taxes to the United States of be subject to its laws: you can't. There's just no possible way.
Last edited by Margno on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
We have nothing to lose but the world. We have our souls to gain.
You!
Me.
Nothing you can possibly do can make God love you any more or any less.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:06 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Segland wrote:

Looking at communism in general is not a good idea.
Go Vikings.

Kumuri
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kumuri » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:07 pm

Argozi wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Looking at the Soviets for examples of communism is not a particularly good idea.

that was on a national level. we're talking local level.

Marinaleda isn't that bad either.
dead

Argozi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Argozi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:07 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
The Emerald Dragon wrote:
This =\= Communism.

Of course not, but saying communism isn't responsible for millions of deaths is like saying that theocracy doesn't lead to religious oppression.

it's not the ideologies themselves, just that they're way too corruptible. And no. saying that about communism is not like saying that about theocracy.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:07 pm

I think OP is trying to make a Communist Co-op.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads