NATION

PASSWORD

Pro-Disease movement, and decline in Vitamin shots

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Magna Libero
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Libero » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:43 am

Scomagia wrote:
Magna Libero wrote:From where do you get the idea that vaccines are necessarily good? I'm not an expert, but I've heard that they might cause some mass epidemics and they might reduce our resistance for epidemies + other side effects*. To a some extent, I think the concept of vaccines is brought by the cronyist greedy corporations. Therefore the choice of not giving vaccines has to be allowed.

Does this include indigenous tribes, primitivists, rastafarians, the Amish and other people who want to stay out of the rest of the world or are against chemicals?

[Citation needed]

Excuse me, sir? Don't you have anything that actually contributes to the discussion?
hi

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:44 am

Magna Libero wrote:
Scomagia wrote:[Citation needed]

Excuse me, sir? Don't you have anything that actually contributes to the discussion?

So then can we conclude you don't have any actual evidence and you were just making shit up?

If anything he contributed way more than you.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Britannic Realms
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Britannic Realms » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 am

Ifreann wrote:
Britannic Realms wrote:
I didn't mean rabies, I meant a different kind of virus, like a sickness bug.

Ah yes, the sickness bug virus.

I know what I'm calling my next disease in Plague Inc.

Unfortunately, I'm not a walking encyclopaedia of illnesses. By 'sickness bug', I mean a generic illness which makes you physically sick. Like the norovirus I suppose.
British, Bisexual, Protestant

Pro: civil rights for all, Scottish unionism, electoral reform, mixed economics, NATO, Commonwealth, foreign aid, nuclear weapons
Neutral: Irish unionism, European Union
Anti: fascism, communism, neoliberalism, populism
Disclaimer: Many of my past forum posts (particularly the oldest ones) are not representative of my current views, I'm way more progressive than I was back then lol.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 am

Ifreann wrote:
I also take issue with the idea that refusing a vaccination is child abuse. That's absolutely absurd.

It's not absurd at all, it's perfectly reasonable. Refusing to have your child vaccinations is refusing to give them proper medical care.
It's like saying I was abused because I could have contracted an illness from my dog.

No, it's not.

It is indeed that absurd. An argument could be made that prayer healing is child abuse, but not getting vaccinations is just medical ignorance. So long as they bring their child to the doctor whenever they become sick, it's okay at the least.
password scrambled

Magna Libero
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Libero » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:46 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Magna Libero wrote:Excuse me, sir? Don't you have anything that actually contributes to the discussion?

So then can we conclude you don't have any actual evidence and you were just making shit up?

Hurr durr if you think I'm wrong

:arrow: You could atleast explain why I'm wrong, instead of yelling for "Muh citations!"

Chimpanzee.
hi

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:50 am

Magna Libero wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:So then can we conclude you don't have any actual evidence and you were just making shit up?

Hurr durr if you think I'm wrong

:arrow: You could atleast explain why I'm wrong, instead of yelling for "Muh citations!"

Chimpanzee.

Okay, so you don't have evidence and your claim is false.

Thanks for clarifying that for us.
Last edited by Mavorpen on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:50 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Magna Libero wrote:Hurr durr if you think I'm wrong

Chimpanzee.

Okay, do you don't have evidence and your claim is false.

Mav, he was right to ask for them to clarrify what they're objecting to. Just asking for a source is lazy debating at the best, and you know it.
password scrambled

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:50 am

Mavorpen wrote:And this is yet another reason I do not feel comfortable knowing that you plan on having children.

I either will or I won't end up having any biological children, it isn't your business.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:52 am

Magna Libero wrote:

I'm asking you to source that colossal load of bullshit in your post. That's a contribution. Stop dodging.
Insert trite farewell here

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:52 am

Saiwania wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:And this is yet another reason I do not feel comfortable knowing that you plan on having children.

I either will or I won't end up having any biological children, it isn't your business.

Our friend Ifreann probably will disagree with you there. :p
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:52 am

Condunum wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Okay, do you don't have evidence and your claim is false.

Mav, he was right to ask for them to clarrify what they're objecting to. Just asking for a source is lazy debating at the best, and you know it.

No he wasn't. Go actually read his post. He specifically marked what he wanted a source for:
Scomagia wrote:
Magna Libero wrote:From where do you get the idea that vaccines are necessarily good? I'm not an expert, but I've heard that they might cause some mass epidemics and they might reduce our resistance for epidemies + other side effects*. To a some extent, I think the concept of vaccines is brought by the cronyist greedy corporations. Therefore the choice of not giving vaccines has to be allowed.

Does this include indigenous tribes, primitivists, rastafarians, the Amish and other people who want to stay out of the rest of the world or are against chemicals?

[Citation needed]

Magna Libero
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Libero » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:55 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Magna Libero wrote:Hurr durr if you think I'm wrong

Chimpanzee.

Okay, so you don't have evidence and your claim is false.

WHAT??

Scomagia wrote:
Magna Libero wrote:Excuse me, sir? Don't you have anything that actually contributes to the discussion?

I'm asking you to source that colossal load of bullshit in your post. That's a contribution. Stop dodging.

What part of the "I'm not an expert" and "I've heard"(in a documentary or something) did you miss? Do you seriously expect me to be able to source those?
hi

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:55 am

Saiwania wrote:

Of course it is.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:55 am

Magna Libero wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Okay, so you don't have evidence and your claim is false.

WHAT??

You really don't understand what makes up an argument, do you?

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:56 am

Magna Libero wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Okay, so you don't have evidence and your claim is false.

WHAT??

Scomagia wrote:I'm asking you to source that colossal load of bullshit in your post. That's a contribution. Stop dodging.

What part of the "I'm not an expert" and "I've heard"(in a documentary or something) did you miss? Do you seriously expect me to be able to source those?

I expect you to be able to source claims that you make, yes. That's called debate.

Sdaeriji
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sdaeriji » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 am

Magna Libero wrote:What part of the "I'm not an expert" and "I've heard"(in a documentary or something) did you miss? Do you seriously expect me to be able to source those?

You heard wrong. Whomever you heard those things from was a disgusting liar. Everything you said was the complete opposite of truth.
Farnhamia wrote:What part of the four-letter word "Rules" are you having trouble with?
Farnhamia wrote:four-letter word "Rules"

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 am

Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 am

Magna Libero wrote:

your post is the same kind of unscientific crap that gets these parents to put their children in danger.

the evidence that what you have "heard" is stupid is the lack of mass epidemics and how we no longer fear the diseases that vaccines protect us against because they occur so infrequently.
whatever

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:01 am

This seems to be on too small a scale to be a significant problem. The anti-vaccine trend is a bigger problem.

Reliquiae
Political Columnist

Founded: May 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Reliquiae » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:01 am

Time to thin the herd. Let Darwinism take place.

Magna Libero
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Magna Libero » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:01 am

Mavorpen wrote:
Magna Libero wrote:WHAT??

You really don't understand what makes up an argument, do you?

Prove it wrong, if you can. And stop whining, ffs.

I listed my hypothesis on the issue based on some documentaries and articles that I've seen and read years ago. Do you seriously expect me to know anything about biology and such? It was more like a question or a "maybe, therefore x" than a 100% sure claim.
hi

Hurdegaryp
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hurdegaryp » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:02 am

Is it just me, or do others also suspect that the members of the Pro-Disease movement are undercover worshippers of Nurgle, the Chaos God of Disease, Decay, and Destruction? In order to make sure if we're dealing with Nurgle cultists here, try and find the following symbol on pictures featuring Pro-Disease activists:

CVT Temp wrote:I mean, we can actually create a mathematical definition for evolution in terms of the evolutionary algorithm and then write code to deal with abstract instances of evolution, which basically equates to mathematical proof that evolution works. All that remains is to show that biological systems replicate in such a way as to satisfy the minimal criteria required for evolution to apply to them, something which has already been adequately shown time and again. At this point, we've pretty much proven that not only can evolution happen, it pretty much must happen since it's basically impossible to prevent it from happening.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:02 am

Reliquiae wrote:Time to thin the herd. Let Darwinism take place.

That's sick. Children shouldn't suffer for their parents incompetence.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:02 am

Ashmoria wrote:

your post is the same kind of unscientific crap that gets these parents to put their children in danger.

the evidence that what you have "heard" is stupid is the lack of mass epidemics and how we no longer fear the diseases that vaccines protect us against because they occur so infrequently.

I mean, if they want to be anti-vaccine, they should be talking about actual problems like overuse in the livestock industry.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:02 am

Magna Libero wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:You really don't understand what makes up an argument, do you?

Prove it wrong, if you can. And stop whining, ffs.

I listed my hypothesis on the issue based on some documentaries and articles that I've seen and read years ago. Do you seriously expect me to know anything about biology and such? It was more like a question or a "maybe, therefore x" than a 100% sure claim.

No one has to prove your claim wrong. You have the burden of proof. If you can't provide evidence for a claim, don't make the claim.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General