NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion: human right?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is abortion a right?

abortion is not a right any time.
19%
in case of rape and/or if the woman's life is threatened.
24%
yes, up until a certain point in the fetus's development.
30%
yes, any time while the fetus is still in her body.
22%
2%
I don't care, leave me alone. lol
3%

Total votes : 1177

Greater Yisrael
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Yisrael » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:44 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Greater Yisrael wrote:Why/

Because you're most likely faking and it's really obvious that you're faking because you want attention and are therefore derailing the thread again with stupid bullshit.

pLEase stop oppressing me!
Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Elohenu, Adonai Ekhad. Amen.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Guys, don't respond to Yisrael.

Greater Yisrael
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Yisrael » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Othelos wrote:Guys, don't respond to Yisrael.

Thanks, In the future I will not respond to Yisrael.
Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Elohenu, Adonai Ekhad. Amen.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I find it so strange when people get up in arms about tax payer money subsidizing abortions. The truth is, those seeking an abortion more often than not, pay for the procedure themselves. There are some charitable organizations that can help with the costs if the person's eligible, but more often than, the person pays, not the state, not the tax payer.

Now, I do believe that if you're paying for your medical insurance, that it should cover the procedure because it is a medical procedure like teeth removals are, or kidney stone surgery is.

I feel medical insurance should pay for abortions. Or in a universal health care system it should be something that is an integral part of it. Mostly because as much as it is optional, it is a therapeutic procedure that can potentially save someone's life.

I agree.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Othelos wrote:
I feel medical insurance should pay for abortions. Or in a universal health care system it should be something that is an integral part of it. Mostly because as much as it is optional, it is a therapeutic procedure that can potentially save someone's life.

I agree.

Absolutely agree too.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I find it so strange when people get up in arms about tax payer money subsidizing abortions. The truth is, those seeking an abortion more often than not, pay for the procedure themselves. There are some charitable organizations that can help with the costs if the person's eligible, but more often than, the person pays, not the state, not the tax payer.

Now, I do believe that if you're paying for your medical insurance, that it should cover the procedure because it is a medical procedure like teeth removals are, or kidney stone surgery is.

Not only that, but it's a vital social function as well.

A child that arrives at the wrong time can wreck lifetimes, it's own included, considering that nobody is capable or willing to take responsibility for it if it comes down to an abortion.

We have enough problems without adding problems because of irrational beliefs about aborting a foetus.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Greater Yisrael wrote:pLEase stop oppressing me!

Please stop before you get warned for ... oops, too late. *** Warned for threadjacking and spamming ***

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:50 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

Not only that, but it's a vital social function as well.

A child that arrives at the wrong time can wreck lifetimes, it's own included, considering that nobody is capable or willing to take responsibility for it if it comes down to an abortion.

We have enough problems without adding problems because of irrational beliefs about aborting a foetus.

Yeah. It's much better for a child to be raised under the right circumstances, than for a child to be raised in a sub-par environment.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Aodan wrote:
Greater Yisrael wrote:Please stop oppressing me!

baahahhahahaha

I think the word you were looking for is BAWW, but I think that works too.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

James Deans
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby James Deans » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm

I don't give a fuck about abortion. What I care about is my tax dollars subsidizing reckless behavior, you want to ride a bunch of guys? Go ahead, just don't expect me to pay for your stupid choices.

Erma Kanhato
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Erma Kanhato » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:44 pm

i alread make a abbortion with my girlfriend, and here in my country this is a crime lol

and i make this again if necessary ;)

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:46 pm

James Deans wrote:I don't give a fuck about abortion. What I care about is my tax dollars subsidizing reckless behavior, you want to ride a bunch of guys? Go ahead, just don't expect me to pay for your stupid choices.

Good thing that doesn't happen, huh?

Protip, women who get abortions are not whores, and it'd be nice of you not to act like they are.
Last edited by Condunum on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
password scrambled

Solocon
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Solocon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:02 pm

I think that abortion should be allowed up to a certain point in the fetus's development- if a woman is raped or a disorder comes up, don't women have the right? Abortion for "convenience" is not really something I support, but it should be a right if women support it.

That's the other thing: this whole debate involves WOMEN. It does not involve men. I will never need an abortion, nor will any biological male, so we shouldn't really be deciding this issue.

James Deans
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby James Deans » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Condunum wrote:
James Deans wrote:I don't give a fuck about abortion. What I care about is my tax dollars subsidizing reckless behavior, you want to ride a bunch of guys? Go ahead, just don't expect me to pay for your stupid choices.

Good thing that doesn't happen, huh?

Protip, women who get abortions are not whores, and it'd be nice of you not to act like they are.
All of them aren't whores, it still doesn't make their pregnancy my problem. Why should my money go to this? Get all the abortions you want as long as you pay for it yourself.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:03 pm

James Deans wrote:
Condunum wrote:Good thing that doesn't happen, huh?

All of them aren't whores, it still doesn't make their pregnancy my problem. Why should my money go to this? Get all the abortions you want as long as you pay for it yourself.

You speak as though you pay for abortions. You don't.
password scrambled

Trygg
Envoy

Founded: Jul 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trygg » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:03 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Trygg wrote:What did you say about dinosaurs I mean, I know an average amount about abortion, but can anyone tell me if it's a physically painful experience for the mother or the fetus? Just curious.

The woman is given, if she desires, medication to numb some of the discomfort although some of it still remains. The process is quick.

Thanks, I was too lazy to use google. :p
Fecal-Meteorologist of the general forum

Make Oreos our currency now!
-------
Hetland 2 wrote:
As of now, Christopher has the sex appeal of road kill.
-------
Hakio wrote:
Fuck the dictionary.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Erma Kanhato wrote:i alread make a abbortion with my girlfriend, and here in my country this is a crime lol

and i make this again if necessary ;)

do you have access to contraceptives there?
whatever

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Trygg wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The woman is given, if she desires, medication to numb some of the discomfort although some of it still remains. The process is quick.

Thanks, I was too lazy to use google. :p

No problem.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Solocon wrote:I think that abortion should be allowed up to a certain point in the fetus's development- if a woman is raped or a disorder comes up, don't women have the right? Abortion for "convenience" is not really something I support, but it should be a right if women support it.

That's the other thing: this whole debate involves WOMEN. It does not involve men. I will never need an abortion, nor will any biological male, so we shouldn't really be deciding this issue.

Err... The decision lies solely with the pregnant person. Not even another woman has the right to deny another woman an abortion. The debate is on whether it should be a right, gender doesn't really matter here because no one has more authority on a right because it involves their gender.
Last edited by Condunum on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
password scrambled

Trygg
Envoy

Founded: Jul 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trygg » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:07 pm

Solocon wrote:I think that abortion should be allowed up to a certain point in the fetus's development- if a woman is raped or a disorder comes up, don't women have the right? Abortion for "convenience" is not really something I support, but it should be a right if women support it.

We aren't deciding this issue. We are simply sharing our opinions and discussing them.
Fecal-Meteorologist of the general forum

Make Oreos our currency now!
-------
Hetland 2 wrote:
As of now, Christopher has the sex appeal of road kill.
-------
Hakio wrote:
Fuck the dictionary.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Condunum wrote:
James Deans wrote:All of them aren't whores, it still doesn't make their pregnancy my problem. Why should my money go to this? Get all the abortions you want as long as you pay for it yourself.

You speak as though you pay for abortions. You don't.

"My tax dollars" is such a silly phrase. No one individual "owns" any tax dollars.
Last edited by Mavorpen on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

James Deans
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby James Deans » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:12 pm

If a deadbeat mom can abort, literally kill her children, then it should be fine for a deadbeat dad to walk out on his.

Solocon
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Solocon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Condunum wrote:

Err... The decision lies solely with the pregnant person. Not even another woman has the right to deny another woman an abortion. The debate is on whether it should be a right, gender doesn't really matter here because no one has more authority on a right because it involves their gender.

Sooo...men should be able to make decisions about topics that don't really concern them...? Sounds perfectly fair.
Trygg wrote:

We aren't deciding this issue. We are simply sharing our opinions and discussing them.

And that's fine.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:13 pm

James Deans wrote:If a deadbeat mom can abort, literally kill her children, then it should be fine for a deadbeat dad to walk out on his.

If he files the proper paperwork within a certain time period after having learned about his child, yes.

Solocon wrote:
Condunum wrote:Err... The decision lies solely with the pregnant person. Not even another woman has the right to deny another woman an abortion. The debate is on whether it should be a right, gender doesn't really matter here because no one has more authority on a right because it involves their gender.

Sooo...men should be able to make decisions about topics that don't really concern them...? Sounds perfectly fair.

Yep.
Last edited by Condunum on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
password scrambled

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:18 pm

James Deans wrote:
Condunum wrote:Good thing that doesn't happen, huh?

OH NO MY TAX DOLLARS!

Newsflash: those are also my tax dollars and guess what? I can give a fuck less about whether they have an abortion or not, let them have them. This does not make them whores and the fact you think that this is so is disgusting and ill-informed.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General