NATION

PASSWORD

Communism as a philosophical disease

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Estado Paulista wrote:If I'm not mistaken, communism (as in a stateless, moneyless society) can be summed up in; "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need". So regardless of how good you are in doing something, you'll only receive enough to survive, and if you're not capable of working, you'll receive enough to survive anyway. It also advocates that everyone becomes a proletarian, except this time, the proletariat own and control the means of production.

I've read the Communist Manifesto and some hundred articles about communism on the internet. Am I correct?

Not quite, what is meant by the "each according to their need" is oftentimes taken to mean that only what is needed will be produced.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Korouse wrote:
The New Sea Territory wrote:
No, it helps us understand your ignorance, which is the topic here.

What you define is essentially the Tea Party's ideas. From that viewpoint, communism is seen as authoritarian. It isn't. You have NO understanding of what communism is. To prove it, please answer this question:

"What is the pure communist society?"

No classes, no state, no money. Basically, if put into practice now, hell.

Because it's not supposed to be put into practice now; there is a period of transition. The new order grows out of the old.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Estado Paulista wrote:If I'm not mistaken, communism (as in a stateless, moneyless society) can be summed up in; "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need".... the proletariat own and control the means of production.

I've read the Communist Manifesto and some hundred articles about communism on the internet. Am I correct?

Key words in red. Also, the Manifesto only talks about Marxist communism. Most modern-day communists are not orthodox Marxists, but a Marxist knockoff or Anarchists.

Regardless, am I right or wrong? If I'm wrong, could you please explain me (and everyone else) what communism is — once and for all?
Your nation is like a son. What it does right is your merit, as well as what it does wrong is your fault. When you praise it, be lucid and avoid exaggeration. Praising it too much can make it indolent. On the other hand, when you criticize it, be harsh, but do not ridicule it. Do your best to improve it, not through derision or disdain, but through good examples and dedication.

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Korouse wrote:No classes, no state, no money. Basically, if put into practice now, hell.

You're only half right, and of course a Falangist ( a Fascist) would say so.
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

Dzietowie
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dzietowie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:51 pm

The goal of communism is to force a classless, stateless society using the state. See anything silly there? McCarthy was right by the way.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Korouse wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:Falangism is silly, nuff' said.

It's a cool flag!

... well, I feel your pain bro.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:51 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Korouse wrote:No classes, no state, no money. Basically, if put into practice now, hell.

Because it's not supposed to be put into practice now; there is a period of transition. The new order grows out of the old.

It would be the ideal solution if we could somehow transition to a post scarcity economy.
Last edited by Kelinfort on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korouse
Minister

Founded: Mar 10, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Korouse » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Estado Paulista wrote:
Key words in red. Also, the Manifesto only talks about Marxist communism. Most modern-day communists are not orthodox Marxists, but a Marxist knockoff or Anarchists.

Regardless, am I right or wrong? If I'm wrong, could you please explain me (and everyone else) what communism is — once and for all?

So there apparently is money, but there's no classes...
"Everything is illusory except power,' the revolutionary people reply." - Vladimir Lenin

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Estado Paulista wrote:

Communism is a stateless, classless society where the workers own the means of production, the workplace is democratic and is devoid of social hierarchies.
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Kelinfort wrote:
Vazdania wrote:That is correct. Its a disgusting ideology.

Libertarian monarchism is basically an oxymoron and insane.

Please, oh please, don't just say "it's disgusting" in your rebuttal.

Libertarian monarchy is by no means an oxymoron, but this isn't a thread to discuss the various forms of monarchy.
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:53 pm

Dzietowie wrote:The goal of Marxism is to force a classless, stateless society using the state. See anything silly there? McCarthy was right by the way.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:53 pm

So, did the OP bail after his understanding of communism (or rather the lack thereof) proved inadequate?

Korouse
Minister

Founded: Mar 10, 2014

Postby Korouse » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm not a fucking fascist.
"Everything is illusory except power,' the revolutionary people reply." - Vladimir Lenin

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:53 pm

Dzietowie wrote:The goal of communism is to force a classless, stateless society using the state. See anything silly there? McCarthy was right by the way.

See, you're forgetting the distinguishing factors. There are many different ideologies of communism, and while some advocate a vanguard party and a strong state, just as many don't, such as Ricardo.

Rio de Fuego
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rio de Fuego » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:53 pm

Korouse wrote:
Estado Paulista wrote:

So there apparently is money, but there's no classes...

Depending on the system, ideally currency would be unnecessary
Get out Nazi punks

Kelinfort
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Kelinfort » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:Libertarian monarchism is basically an oxymoron and insane.

Please, oh please, don't just say "it's disgusting" in your rebuttal.

Libertarian monarchy is by no means an oxymoron, but this isn't a thread to discuss the various forms of monarchy.

You shot out a meaningless insult, I shoot a rebuttal to show you why it doesn't make sense.

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Korouse wrote:

I'm not a fucking fascist.

Then stop waving your Falange flag around.

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:55 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:So, did the OP bail after his understanding of communism (or rather the lack thereof) proved inadequate?

Probably. Ignorance causes headaches at times.

The Republic of Llamas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Llamas » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:55 pm

You seem to have made a mistake. Communism does not state that all people are equal in that they are equally competent, able, etc.; it says that their moral worth is equal, a concept that I agree with even as a center-leftist. Some people will always be better at doing shit than others, i.e. by being stronger, or more intelligent, but that does not mean that they are worth more. If you think that's true, please, by all means, close down our mental hospitals and start giving money to smarter people while instituting a tax on those with an IQ under 100.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:55 pm

Kelinfort wrote:
Dzietowie wrote:The goal of communism is to force a classless, stateless society using the state. See anything silly there? McCarthy was right by the way.

See, you're forgetting the distinguishing factors. There are many different ideologies of communism, and while some advocate a vanguard party and a strong state, just as many don't, such as Ricardo.

If the ideology isn't classless stateless or moneyless then it isn't communist. The means to which this end is achieved is irrelevant.
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:55 pm

The New Sea Territory wrote:Communism is a stateless, classless society where the workers own the means of production, the workplace is democratic and is devoid of social hierarchies.

That's what I said in my post. In other words, I'm right, yes?
Your nation is like a son. What it does right is your merit, as well as what it does wrong is your fault. When you praise it, be lucid and avoid exaggeration. Praising it too much can make it indolent. On the other hand, when you criticize it, be harsh, but do not ridicule it. Do your best to improve it, not through derision or disdain, but through good examples and dedication.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:55 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:So, did the OP bail after his understanding of communism (or rather the lack thereof) proved inadequate?

He should have; his OP was SHIET.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Korouse wrote:I'm not a fucking fascist.

Then stop waving your Falange flag around.

A flag is irrelevant here.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Silent Majority
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silent Majority » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:56 pm

One of the tenets of communism is that all humans are equal, but that's biologically and factually incorrect.

Let me stop you right there. Egalitarianism isn't about making everyone the same, it's about leveling hierarchical distributions of power.
“It is the ultimate irony of history that radical individualism serves as the ideological justification of the unconstrained power of what the large majority of individuals experience as a vast anonymous power, which, without any democratic public control, regulates their lives.”
― Slavoj Žižek

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Vazdania wrote:
Kelinfort wrote:See, you're forgetting the distinguishing factors. There are many different ideologies of communism, and while some advocate a vanguard party and a strong state, just as many don't, such as Ricardo.

If the ideology isn't classless stateless or moneyless then it isn't communist. The means to which this end is achieved is irrelevant.

The state dissolves more and more, because it stops being necessary as classes disappear.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General