NATION

PASSWORD

Why does everyone hate the Jews?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shie
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shie » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Inquilabstan wrote:
Shie wrote:What about San-Francisco and West Hollywood?

At this point, I am convinced he is a troll.

My point is that there are locations open to homosexuals where they face little to no adversity and that sort of thing cannot be said for all of the world's jewish people.
Last edited by Shie on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Germagna wrote:3) Anti-Israeli: This is the form that's easiest to disguise and pretend it's only a political view, it's usually not. There is no reason to be against Israel and/or Jewish nationalism and it is mostly an excuse for antisemitism.

Nonsense. I think the Israeli government is an arrogant, obstinate bunch of hypocrites, who do whatever they can to avoid peaceful talks so they can maintain the status quo by building their settlements where they don't belong.

The Jewish people, on the other hand? Haven't got a bad word to say against them.

This is just like the "Why does everyone hate America" argument, or "Why does everyone hate Russia" argument. Perhaps if the Israeli government weren't giving themselves such a bad name, there'd be less reason for people to generalise. That doesn't make it right that they do, but that is, unfortunately, what people do.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:26 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Shie wrote:They have Israel.

Because they stole it from those who were living there only 70 years ago.

OK, maybe Israel has done some war crimes. However, many anti-israel people use that to justify anti-semetism. Stormfront for example.
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

Lingang
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lingang » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Shie wrote:
Riiser-Larsen wrote:Yes, it is a problem, but it's one that should be solved peacefully, not by establishing a militaristic state in the Middle-East which regularly abuses the Palestinians.
Abuse? That's not serious, the palestinians have been racist towards the jewish people and resent Israel because they've brought innovation and modern technology to the middle-east.

So the Palestinian's past racism justifies the abuses done by the Israeli government?
Favorite Quotes:
"Check yourself before you Shrek yourself" ~ Independent State AF
"And He shall smite the wicked, and plunge them into the fiery pitt!" ~ Judge Claude Frollo (*then proceeds to fall in himself*)

Proud Native and former WA Delegate of South Pacific

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Shie wrote:
Riiser-Larsen wrote:Yes, it is a problem, but it's one that should be solved peacefully, not by establishing a militaristic state in the Middle-East which regularly abuses the Palestinians.
Abuse? That's not serious, the palestinians have been racist towards the jewish people and resent Israel because they've brought innovation and modern technology to the middle-east.

Actually, I think it's more about the whole "stealing palestinian land" thing and driving them out with tanks. More than the palestinians resenting the "modern technology" that Israel has brought to the middle east.

Evraim
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Jews, Facial Hair, and the Master Race

Postby Evraim » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:27 pm

I shall open this discussion by postulating a general theory explaining the Jewish dominance of various sectors of Western societies. According to a significant portion of Anti-Semites, Jews and people of Jewish heritage occupy the upper echelons of the social ladder in disproportionate numbers. These assertions are substantiated by data. For example, Jews and people of Jewish heritage constitute more than twenty percent of the undergraduate population at top schools in the United States. Furthermore, a disproportionate number of Nobel Prize recipients have been Jews or people of Jewish heritage.

This, however, begs the question: why are Jews performing so well within the current intellectual and cultural paradigms of Western societies? As Dr. Gelman establishes, discrimination against non-Jewish whites and other groups cannot explain these disparities. What then are we to make of arguments rooted in the uniqueness of Jewish culture? Are Jews more likely to contemplate the existential questions of life? Are Jews, as a culture, more predisposed towards feats of intellectual and academic brilliance than other groups?

We can observe from the data that Asian Americans are at least equally represented when compared to Jewish Americans in universities. However, Jewish Americans tend to secure more Nobel Prizes and occupy more offices in government than their Asian American counterparts. For example, 1.25% of representatives claim Asian heritage, while 6.20% of representatives identify as Jewish. While the demographics of electoral districts may explain this difference in representation, Jews also appear to be over-represented in other areas. For example, despite the fact that Asia holds more than two-thirds of the world's population, Jews still outpace Asians with regards to Nobel Prize recipients.

One perplexing aspect of the discourse on Jewish representation in Western societies and throughout the world is the emphasis placed on the unique characteristics of Jewish identity and culture as opposed to the values of these societies. Sociologists have longed theorized that the structure and mores of a civilization determine the hierarchies that emerge, and, as a logical consequence, the populations that comprise the elites. Why then have Western societies in particular elevated Jews to such a high status? What differentiates Jews from non-Jews?

Sigmund Freud hypothesized about the nascent connection between infantile experience and sexuality, predominantly focusing on the relationship between offspring and parents. Essentially, his argument was that early experiences shape the manner in which an individual conducts him or herself later in life. While Freud's theory was rooted in human sexuality, his successors have extrapolated his theories in a less stringent manner, founding the field of developmental psychology. One of Freud's disciplines, Karl Jung, applied the basics of Freudian psychology to the interpretation and study of dreams, symbols, and archetypes.

By combining these disparate psychological and sociological fields of study, we may arrive at a novel, though often reiterated hypothesis, that early cultural experiences leave an enduring mark on the collective psyche of a people. One speculative example of this phenomenon may be found in the flood myth, which is common to a multitude of divergent cultures, and is possibly rooted in the primordial experiences of the human species. Jews have themselves become archetypes and symbols within the wider Western cultural paradigm, being represented in such figures as the Wandering Jew. However, I shall contend that these archetypes have become antiquated and have been subsumed by more ancient and powerful archetypes, altering the dialectic which exists between the Jew and the Gentile.

In order to pursue this objective, it is necessary to first establish that beards serve as symbols of prestige and achievement throughout the world. This perception of beards and the elevation of bearded men is seen in many ancient civilizations, including the Egyptian culture. The Torah expressly mandates a prohibition against the shaving of one's beard. In both cases, powerful figures, such as kings and deities, are shown wearing impressive beards, giving facial hair a divine connotation. This obsession with the divinity of facial hair was prominent in several other Middle Eastern civilizations, as well as elsewhere.

There are, however, notable exceptions to this phenomena, especially on the European continent. The Greeks and the Romans both viewed facial hair as feminine and contemptible. To understand these attitudes, it is obligatory to comprehend the significance of facial hair within the Greco-Roman sexual and social paradigm. Facial hair has consistently been associated with masculinity, and, in the case of young men, the advent of adulthood. Both of these classical civilizations entertained a fascination with issues of gender and power.

Their love of the masculine may be seen as manifest in the practice of pederasty, or the development of an affectionate, educational, and sexual relationship between an adolescent and an older man. These relationships could often be abusive and damaging to the psyches of young men involved in them, as seen in the archetype of the young boy subjugated by the glorious conqueror, epitomized by Troilus and Achilles. Thus, the initial respect and prestige associated with facial hair became dread and contempt, as young men rebelled against their masculinity, abandoning the divine symbol of the omnipotent father figure in favor of bland conformity and eternal boyhood.

Despite this, later civilizations preserved the nascent respect for divine facial hair, resulting in a gradual elimination of the cultural apparatus of sexual repression. Most civilizations continue to view the beard as a symbol of virility, wisdom, and affluence. In fact, many medieval and renaissance paintings depict Jesus, the perfect embodiment of man, and his divine father with abundant facial hair. These depictions have remained more or less constant even as Westerners have begun to abandon facial hair in the name of professionalism. This is one of the most profound impacts of Capitalism, an economic system which demands constant childlike consumption.

Nonetheless, one prominent ethnic group has managed to preserve its cultural attachment to facial hair far longer than other groups: the Jews. This has been a source of much elation and much consternation for the Jew, who receives both the respect of the Gentile and his hatred. He represents the archetypal father, a figure of immense wisdom and inexhaustible libido. If our objective is to understand the phenomenon of Antisemitism and the success of the Jew, Freud offers the most practical insight.

The beard is a phallic symbol. Its perseverance among Jews has created an enduring impression on the psyche of both Gentiles and Jews, even with its gradual abandonment among both groups. This has resulted in the elevation of the Jew to the role of the archetypal father, and the subordination of the Gentile in the role of the archetypal son. The son yearns to gain access to the archetypal mother, representing wealth and worldly success, but this is impossible so long as the father remains alive. As such, the oedipal complex of the son states that he must murder the father to marry the mother. This is the root of Antisemitism.

In the same instant, the son has admiration for the father because he is capable of such grandiose feats as seem impossible to the son. His status as divine father represents a self-fulfilling prophesy, wherein the Jew is afforded more respect and status by virtue of his facial hair, whether actual or ingrained in the psyche of his cohorts. In this sense, it is possible to argue that the Jew is the master race. There you have it. The root of the Jewish experience is penis envy.

In case you haven't realized it yet, this entire essay is pseudo-intellectual nonsense designed to parody some of the academic papers that I've seen from my time dealing with psychology, sociology, gender studies, and, in some instances, language. I hope you enjoyed it.
Last edited by Evraim on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Riiser-Larsen
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riiser-Larsen » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Shie wrote:

Yes, they resent Israel for bringing them new technologies and not because the Israelis rolled in with tanks, soldiers, and planes, kicked the Palestinians out of their land, put them into places that make the favelas look like an American suburb, and proceeded to take constant military action against both Palestinian troops and civilians.

Jews are not the bad guys here, but Israel is. If the jews want a homeland of their own, they need to find a way to establish one peacefully.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home
Fun Quotes:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I'm pretty tired of discussing serious issues in a serious manner with people who are so divorced from reality that the marriage was not only annulled, any historical records or witnesses to the original marriage were drawn, quartered, burnt, and then boiled in acid and served to hogs.

Thafoo wrote:So I guess leaving a negative environmental footprint now makes you a killer?

This just in: all cows are Hitlers. McDonald's releases the Heilburger.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Calimera II wrote:
Alaizia wrote:
This.

Yea no.
Jordania for the Palestines. Israel for the jews.

How about Palestine for the Palestinians? Or do the "oh so precious and abused Jews" deserve all the West Bank and Gaza too?

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Shie wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Because they are not a nation, they do not have a nation; they cannot steal the nations of others because they have been historically oppressed.

They have Israel.

Not all of them. Some are fine living in other countries, most of those would probably see themselves being a citizen of said country as more important than being Jewish. I once dated a Jewish girl (Ironically the only person I've ever dated) and she considerd herself more British than Jewish.

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Caltarania wrote:

While what the Israeli government is doing is wrong on pretty much every level, let's not forget that pretty much every country in existence has committed some form of war crimes in the past (or present).

Israel's are more recent than many others, and, according to many sources, continue to this day.

Of course, I'm not denying that. Just pointing out that war crimes are quite common in the grand scheme of things.

But would the oppression of the Palestinians even be classed as a war crime? IIRC, formal war has not been declared (even though many Palestinians see themselves of members of the State of Palestine).

Alyakia wrote:the difference is we don't get called anti-british if we start talking about crimes in nothern ireland or anti-french if we talk about africa but the minute you start talking about israel oh boy

Well yeah, the masses are generally quite ignorant of the truth. Media isn't as free as you'd think, though it's independent it's not always displaying the truth fully. But anyway, back to the topic.

Calimera II wrote:
Alaizia wrote:
This.

Yea no.

No. The Palestinians want to live there, so they have every right to stay.

Same with the Falklands. Which is it's real name, by the way. The one that the people who live there use.
Last edited by Caltarania on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Shie
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shie » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Ordia wrote:
Shie wrote:Not as bad as what the jewish people experienced.

Or what any other people who have had to deal with a genocide experienced.

There was no historical genocide that reached the magnitude of the holocaust, dismissed.

Tannarabia
Envoy

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tannarabia » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Shie wrote:

If it wasn't for the massive amount of foreign aid that Israel receives, their nation would be in the same situation economically and technologically as Palestine. And, if anything, the Palestinians are angry about losing their homes.
Paradise is found in the mind!
My country does represent my political beliefs!
Freedom is more important than life! Well, your life, that is...
http://www.nstracker.net/tannarabia We use this
I believe in Heliocentrism.
Econ: -10 Social: -9.5
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you?

Llamalandia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamalandia » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Draica wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Because they stole it from those who were living there only 70 years ago.

OK, maybe Israel has done some war crimes. However, many anti-israel people use that to justify anti-semetism. Stormfront for example.

Wait, I thought Storm front discouraged antisemitism, as it's somehow a threat to white nationalism. I'm pretty sure they don't tolerate neo nazis nor antisemitism over at stormfront, but I could certainly check the rules again.

Riiser-Larsen
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riiser-Larsen » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Shie wrote:
Inquilabstan wrote:At this point, I am convinced he is a troll.

My point is that there are locations open to homosexuals where they face little to no adversity and that sort of thing cannot be said for all of the world's jewish people.

Perhaps they could be accepted within society more if Israel could stop shelling Palestinian homes for more than a few days.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home
Fun Quotes:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I'm pretty tired of discussing serious issues in a serious manner with people who are so divorced from reality that the marriage was not only annulled, any historical records or witnesses to the original marriage were drawn, quartered, burnt, and then boiled in acid and served to hogs.

Thafoo wrote:So I guess leaving a negative environmental footprint now makes you a killer?

This just in: all cows are Hitlers. McDonald's releases the Heilburger.

Degenerate Heart of HetRio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Degenerate Heart of HetRio » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Riiser-Larsen wrote:Technically speaking that does count as some form of homosexuality (or at least bisexuality), but thank you for elaborating. It's a weird thing to try to summarize.

They didn't believe people were essentially meant to lust after certain sex, so their conception of sexual orientation is far different than ours.

There were no heteros or gays, just tops and bottoms and it had a social role. Sex of the partner was a matter of preference but overall their attitude about being an insertive partner was that very "in times of war whatever hole is a trench" attitude that the Bible authors got awfully shocked and baffled about, they were not conceived as inherent different kinds of people.

...That is a lot similar to historical conceptions of homosexuality in Latin America and the Middle East (lest it is not repressed with threat to one's life), even.
Last edited by Degenerate Heart of HetRio on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Communism/anarchism, Indigenous rights, MOGAI stuff, bodily autonomy, disability rights, environmentalism
Meh: Animal rights, non-harmful religion/superstition, militant atheism, left-leaning reform of capitalism
Anti: Dyadic superstructure (sex-gender birth designation and hierarchy), positivism, conservatism, imperialism, Zionism, Orientalism, fascism, religious right, bending to reactionary concerns before freedom/common concern, fraudulent beliefs and ideologies

Formerly "Hetalian Indie Rio de Janeiro".

Compass: -10.00, -9.13
S-E Ideology: Demc. Socialist (92% ditto/Marxist, 75% Anarchist/Social democrat, 0% etc)
S-E school of thought: Communist (100% ditto, 96% Post-Keynesian)

Though this says I'm a social democrat, I'm largely a left communist.

Alyakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 12, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alyakia » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Shie wrote:
Inquilabstan wrote:At this point, I am convinced he is a troll.

yes it can. jews can go to some countries perfectly fine, as can homosexuals. there might be one or two bad people, but i don't see you pushing for a fabulous state because there are one or two homophones out there.

and the beta israel get a lot of shit in israel itself, and yiddish speakers were treated like shit in israel as well. so don't pretend israel is some jewish heaven.
pro: good
anti: bad

The UK and EU are Better Together

"Margaret Thatcher showed the world that women are not too soft or the weaker sex, and can be as heartless, horrible, and amoral as any male politician."

Evraim
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Evraim » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Riiser-Larsen wrote:Jews are not the bad guys here, but Israel is. If the jews want a homeland of their own, they need to find a way to establish one peacefully.

Let's not pretend as though the Palestinians were content to live alongside Jews in the Mandate. As a matter of historical fact, they wanted them out - through any means necessary, if one is to believe the rhetoric contrived by the Arab elites.

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Merizoc wrote:
Calimera II wrote: Yea no.

How about Palestine for the Palestinians? Or do the "oh so precious and abused Jews" deserve all the West Bank and Gaza too?

I think being driven out of your homeland for roughly 4,000 years gives you a pretty solid casus belli to get it back, given the opportunity.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Inquilabstan
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Inquilabstan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:29 pm

Shie wrote:My point is that there are locations open to homosexuals where they face little to no adversity and that sort of thing cannot be said for all of the world's jewish people.

Say hello to Kerala. A state a little bigger than Israel on India's west coast where I am from. Jews have long considered it a place of refuge, and infact consider it the only place they have never been discriminated against. That was about 2 centuries ago. At the time of Israel's creatio, anti-sematism in vast swathes of the world was hardly the issue it was in the past.
☭ The People's Socialist Republic of Inquilabstan ☭
Economic Left/Right: -10.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Cosmopolitan – 58% Secular – 73% Visionary – 53% Anarchistic – 26% Communistic – 92% Pacifist – 18% Ecological – 54%

INQUILABSTANI TRIBUNE: Jamshedpur: Students protest alleged medical exam paper leakage. Matrapuram: Onset of rain excites farmers. Laltara: ILEL unveils new low cost tablet. Bishkek: Security forces kill four militants following two hour firefight. Laltara: Foreign ministry holds talks with Emmerian ambassador regarding conflict in Suafrika.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Shie wrote:

No, it's because the Israelis invaded their territory, forced them to accept the authority of a Jewish state, and annexed areas which made up their state.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

The Emerald Dragon
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald Dragon » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Draica wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Because they stole it from those who were living there only 70 years ago.

Anti-Semitism refers to prejudice against all Semites, not just Jews. (Jews, Arabs etc)

Alaizia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Alaizia » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Evraim wrote:I shall open this discussion by postulating a general theory explaining the Jewish dominance of various sectors of Western societies. According to a significant portion of Anti-Semites, Jews and people of Jewish heritage occupy the upper echelons of the social ladder in disproportionate numbers. These assertions are substantiated by data. For example, Jews and people of Jewish heritage constitute more than twenty percent of the undergraduate population at top schools in the United States. Furthermore, a disproportionate number of Nobel Prize recipients have been Jews or people of Jewish heritage.

This, however, begs the question: why are Jews performing so well within the current intellectual and cultural paradigms of Western societies? As Dr. Gelman establishes, discrimination against non-Jewish whites and other groups cannot explain these disparities. What then are we to make of arguments rooted in the uniqueness of Jewish culture? Are Jews more likely to contemplate the existential questions of life? Are Jews, as a culture, more predisposed towards feats of intellectual and academic brilliance than other groups?

We can observe from the data that Asian Americans are at least equally represented when compared to Jewish Americans in universities. However, Jewish Americans tend to secure more Nobel Prizes and occupy more offices in government than their Asian American counterparts. For example, 1.25% of representatives claim Asian heritage, while 6.20% of representatives identify as Jewish. While the demographics of electoral districts may explain this difference in representation, Jews also appear to be over-represented in other areas. For example, despite the fact that Asia holds more than two-thirds of the world's population, Jews still outpace Asians with regards to Nobel Prize recipients.

One perplexing aspect of the discourse on Jewish representation in Western societies and throughout the world is the emphasis placed on the unique characteristics of Jewish identity and culture as opposed to the values of these societies. Sociologists have longed theorized that the structure and mores of a civilization determine the hierarchies that emerge, and, as a logical consequence, the populations that comprise the elites. Why then have Western societies in particular elevated Jews to such a high status? What differentiates Jews from non-Jews?

Sigmund Freud hypothesized about the nascent connection between infantile experience and sexuality, predominantly focusing on the relationship between offspring and parents. Essentially, his argument was that early experiences shape the manner in which an individual conducts him or herself later in life. While Freud's theory was rooted in human sexuality, his successors have extrapolated his theories in a less stringent manner, founding the field of developmental psychology. One of Freud's disciplines, Karl Jung, applied the basics of Freudian psychology to the interpretation and study of dreams, symbols, and archetypes.

By combining these disparate psychological and sociological fields of study, we may arrive at a novel, though often reiterated hypothesis, that early cultural experiences leave an enduring mark on the collective psyche of a people. One speculative example of this phenomenon may be found in the flood myth, which is common to a multitude of divergent cultures, and is possibly rooted in the primordial experiences of the human species. Jews have themselves become archetypes and symbols within the wider Western cultural paradigm, being represented in such figures as the Wandering Jew. However, I shall contend that these archetypes have become antiquated and have been subsumed by more ancient and powerful archetypes, altering the dialectic which exists between the Jew and the Gentile.

In order to pursue this objective, it is necessary to first establish that beards serve as symbols of prestige and achievement throughout the world. This perception of beards and the elevation of bearded men is seen in many ancient civilizations, including the Egyptian culture. The Torah expressly mandates a prohibition against the shaving of one's beard. In both cases, powerful figures, such as kings and deities, are shown wearing impressive beards, giving facial hair a divine connotation. This obsession with the divinity of facial hair was prominent in several other Middle Eastern civilizations, as well as elsewhere.

There are, however, notable exceptions to this phenomena, especially on the European continent. The Greeks and the Romans both viewed facial hair as feminine and contemptible. To understand these attitudes, it is obligatory to comprehend the significance of facial hair within the Greco-Roman sexual and social paradigm. Facial hair has consistently been associated with masculinity, and, in the case of young men, the advent of adulthood. Both of these classical civilizations entertained a fascination with issues of gender and power.

Their love of the masculine may be seen as manifest in the practice of pederasty, or the development of an affectionate, educational, and sexual relationship between an adolescent and an older man. These relationships could often be abusive and damaging to the psyches of young men involved in them, as seen in the archetype of the young boy subjugated by the glorious conqueror, epitomized by Troilus and Achilles. Thus, the initial respect and prestige associated with facial hair became dread and contempt, as young men rebelled against their masculinity, abandoning the divine symbol of the omnipotent father figure in favor of bland conformity and eternal boyhood.

Despite this, later civilizations preserved the nascent respect for divine facial hair, resulting in a gradual elimination of the cultural apparatus of sexual repression. Most civilizations continue to view the beard as a symbol of virility, wisdom, and affluence. In fact, many medieval and renaissance paintings depict Jesus, the perfect embodiment of man, and his divine father with abundant facial hair. These depictions have remained more or less constant even as Westerners have begun to abandon facial hair in the name of professionalism. This is one of the most profound impacts of Capitalism, an economic system which demands constant childlike consumption.

Nonetheless, one prominent ethnic group has managed to preserve its cultural attachment to facial hair far longer than other groups: the Jews. This has been a source of much elation and much consternation for the Jew, who receives both the respect of the Gentile and his hatred. He represents the archetypal father, a figure of immense wisdom and inexhaustible libido. If our objective is to understand the phenomenon of Antisemitism and the success of the Jew, Freud offers the most practical insight.

The beard is a phallic symbol. Its perseverance among Jews has created an enduring impression on the psyche of both Gentiles and Jews, even with its gradual abandonment among both groups. This has resulted in the elevation of the Jew to the role of the archetypal father, and the subordination of the Gentile in the role of the archetypal son. The son yearns to gain access to the archetypal mother, representing wealth and worldly success, but this is impossible so long as the father remains alive. As such, the oedipal complex of the son states that he must murder the father to marry the mother. This is the root of Antisemitism.

In the same instant, the son has admiration for the father because he is capable of such grandiose feats as seem impossible to the son. His status as divine father represents a self-fulfilling prophesy, wherein the Jew is afforded more respect and status by virtue of his facial hair, whether actual or ingrained in the psyche of his cohorts. In this sense, it is possible to argue that the Jew is the master race. There you have it. The root of the Jewish experience is penis envy.

In case you haven't realized it yet, this entire paragraph is pseudo-intellectual nonsense designed to parody some of the academic papers that I've seen from my time dealing with psychology, sociology, gender studies, and, in some instances, language. I hope you enjoyed it.

Are you done with these bs?
Chile being more German than Germany
History of the World
Make Europe Great Again
Distruzio wrote:As a repentant "annie" I have to admit that when you're right you're right.
Glasgia wrote:Never bring up Braveheart. Never. Unless you want to be crucified by us Scots.

New haven america wrote:Someone for some unknown reason, idolizes Azula.

Germagna
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Germagna » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Albul wrote:I'm surprised to find out that everyone hates the Jews. Up to this point I had thought that I liked Jewish people. Apparently, according to your statement, I, too, hate the Jews. Even Jews hate the Jews, then.

Ever heard of a phrase before?

Calimera II wrote:
Alaizia wrote:
This.

Yea no.

Exactly. Why can't we just have our little sliver of land and be left in peace?

Alyakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 12, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Alyakia » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Shie wrote:
Ordia wrote:
Or what any other people who have had to deal with a genocide experienced.

There was no historical genocide that reached the magnitude of the holocaust, dismissed.

which level of genocide needs to happen before your get your own state
pro: good
anti: bad

The UK and EU are Better Together

"Margaret Thatcher showed the world that women are not too soft or the weaker sex, and can be as heartless, horrible, and amoral as any male politician."

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Shie wrote:

Modern technology, such as:
tanks
rockets
bullets in the backs of teenagers

And speaking of racism: http://www.haaretz.com/news/high-court-delays-ruling-on-jnf-land-sales-to-non-jews-1.229946
Yeah, those Palestinians are so darn racist.

Inquilabstan
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Inquilabstan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Aquitayne wrote:
Merizoc wrote:How about Palestine for the Palestinians? Or do the "oh so precious and abused Jews" deserve all the West Bank and Gaza too?

I think being driven out of your homeland for roughly 4,000 years gives you a pretty solid casus belli to get it back, given the opportunity.

So, should the native peoples of America get their land back? It has hardly been a few centuries in their case.
☭ The People's Socialist Republic of Inquilabstan ☭
Economic Left/Right: -10.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Cosmopolitan – 58% Secular – 73% Visionary – 53% Anarchistic – 26% Communistic – 92% Pacifist – 18% Ecological – 54%

INQUILABSTANI TRIBUNE: Jamshedpur: Students protest alleged medical exam paper leakage. Matrapuram: Onset of rain excites farmers. Laltara: ILEL unveils new low cost tablet. Bishkek: Security forces kill four militants following two hour firefight. Laltara: Foreign ministry holds talks with Emmerian ambassador regarding conflict in Suafrika.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General