NATION

PASSWORD

Ban Math

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyuji
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuji » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:27 am

Tekania wrote:
Risottia wrote:You forgot to add "subtraction is theft"! :D

Impeach math, Divide by Zero, Subtraction is theft, Solve 9(x+16) where x=208

208 + 16 = 224
224 ×9 = 1800 + 180 + 36 = 1800 + 216 = 2016
Pro :Voluntary Cannibalism (in other words the kind where people willingly offer themselves up as food) , Freedom of speech , The Austro-Hungarian Empire , The Ottoman Empire , Taoism , Gay Marriage, Martial Arts , Madoka , Kyubey
Anti :Racism , Israel , Homphobia , Bigotry , North Korea , Krav Maga, Russia

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:31 am

Ok then we ban maths and all businesses are like the shop from league of gentlemen "how much is this?" "Uhh twelvty pounds" This is your utopia then?
Last edited by Bolrieg on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dalcaria
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:34 am

Maybe we should ban science while we're at it. Or perhaps medicine? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't math pretty much a universal study required to run the Earth entirely? I mean, if folks want to live in the dark ages, then by all means they can, but they can make their own country to do that while the rest of us enjoy the many benefits technology brings. I don't even see a need to regulate math either, as someone else suggested. If math is being used to make bad things, the problem is undeniably a higher one, and further more that is the problem we should be solving. Banning math would be the exact opposite of progress for our already digressing world. Fix the system, stop wasting time with such child like fantasies.
"Take Fascism and remove the racism, ultra-nationalism, oppression, murder, and replace these things with proper civil rights and freedoms and what do you get? Us, a much stronger and more free nation than most."
"Tell me, is it still a 'revolution' or 'liberation' when you are killing our men, women, and children in front of us for not allowing themselves to be 'saved' by you? Call Communism and Democracy whatever you want, but to our people they're both the same thing; Oppression."
"You say manifest destiny, I say act of war. You're free to disagree with me, but I tend to make my arguments with a gun."
Since everyone does one of these: Impeach Democracy, Legalize Monarchy, Incompetent leadership is theft.

Patistan
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Patistan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:36 am

Quew wrote:We do not have to ban math we just need to regulate it and hand out math licenses to qualified persons.
With Common core to help regulate your maths we can now teach everyone that it is in fact 2+2=5 and keep our nation safe from thous math terrorists.

Yeah forget about the Taliban and Al-Qaeda focus on math terrorists
]

Dunroaming
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dunroaming » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:39 am

Not even tempting. Perhaps the keystone of civilisation is Maths.How do you build a pyramid without Maths? How do you calculate the seasons?

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:41 am

Do not take away my maths

My precious
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:43 am

Dunroaming wrote:Not even tempting. Perhaps the keystone of civilisation is Maths.How do you build a pyramid without Maths? How do you calculate the seasons?

We use the wind and the leaves of the trees. *nods*
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:45 am

Dunroaming wrote:Not even tempting. Perhaps the keystone of civilisation is Maths.How do you build a pyramid without Maths? How do you calculate the seasons?

Frankly, I'm a little offended most of the reason behind banning math is based on what spy agencies do. If we have a problem with how they spy, then that's the problem that needs to be dealt with, not math. Nearly every intellectual (and even not intellectual) person would tell you society cannot function without math. So we may keep the NSA from spying on us on the internet, but only because the internet is no longer running, at which point they will now be spying on our houses. This could be dealt with so much better by just dealing with the NSA itself. :palm:
"Take Fascism and remove the racism, ultra-nationalism, oppression, murder, and replace these things with proper civil rights and freedoms and what do you get? Us, a much stronger and more free nation than most."
"Tell me, is it still a 'revolution' or 'liberation' when you are killing our men, women, and children in front of us for not allowing themselves to be 'saved' by you? Call Communism and Democracy whatever you want, but to our people they're both the same thing; Oppression."
"You say manifest destiny, I say act of war. You're free to disagree with me, but I tend to make my arguments with a gun."
Since everyone does one of these: Impeach Democracy, Legalize Monarchy, Incompetent leadership is theft.

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:48 am

You don't.

You just get yo ass up and just build the worst looking pyramid ever.... Because it's not one. You can't do it without dem mathematics

No one take away my maths >:(
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:48 am

I forgot to add a question-

Ban it globally or just ban it one or two countries?
#yafran

Teamora
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Teamora » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:49 am

New FBI and INTERPOL Most Wanted List:

As a concerned citizen, I can confirm that my neighborhood has been RUINED by math labs springing up everywhere.
WIP

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

Self-declared centrist. I don't give a damn what you do as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. My foreign policy can be summed-up as: don't make me come over there but, if you do, I'm making you an example.

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:51 am

United Regions of Verona wrote:I forgot to add a question-

I don't think it really matter. If you ban math, you may as well just straight up ban education, because I don't see what good language or history are going to do you without something to apply it to. And since science and math go hand in hand most of the time, you may as well be banning science as well. All in all, it would condemn a nation to being uneducated, which I do believe most intelligent people think is a horrid idea, and most of them don't come from the NSA.

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:53 am

Teamora wrote:New FBI and INTERPOL Most Wanted List:

As a concerned citizen, I can confirm that my neighborhood has been RUINED by math labs springing up everywhere.

That's the number of victims he's holding. It's his trademark I've heard.

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:56 am

Dalcaria wrote:
United Regions of Verona wrote:I forgot to add a question-

I don't think it really matter. If you ban math, you may as well just straight up ban education, because I don't see what good language or history are going to do you without something to apply it to. And since science and math go hand in hand most of the time, you may as well be banning science as well. All in all, it would condemn a nation to being uneducated, which I do believe most intelligent people think is a horrid idea, and most of them don't come from the NSA.

I agree.

Plus, if we ban maths, not only will countries completely collapse due to no one knowing maths and then destroying countries.

Basically, we will destroy civilisation.
#yafran

Dalcaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dalcaria » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:02 am

United Regions of Verona wrote:
Dalcaria wrote:I don't think it really matter. If you ban math, you may as well just straight up ban education, because I don't see what good language or history are going to do you without something to apply it to. And since science and math go hand in hand most of the time, you may as well be banning science as well. All in all, it would condemn a nation to being uneducated, which I do believe most intelligent people think is a horrid idea, and most of them don't come from the NSA.

I agree.

Plus, if we ban maths, not only will countries completely collapse due to no one knowing maths and then destroying countries.

Basically, we will destroy civilisation.

Essentially, yeah. Everything on Earth that was made by man functions and exists because of Math in one form or another. We have been using even the most primitive understandings of math for thousands of years to help us with construction, economics, tailoring, etc. Now that it pretty much runs the world now though, it's even more important than ever.

Multifarity
Envoy

Founded: Oct 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Multifarity » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:48 am

It's already started happening actually, in America 15 out of the 16 forms of Mathematics have been banned.
That's why they are left with the singular 'math,' rather than the plural 'maths' that we have in the civilised world.

In case you're wondering, the 16 forms are:
Sums, formulas, equations, fractions, decimals, graphs, angles, calculus, carrying-the-one, logarithms, algorithms, miscellaneous-rhythms, The Duckworth-Lewis Method, Y-axis integrative parametric exponentiation, klood and lipmos.
British Genderqueer Intactivist Pokémon Trainer
Economic Left/Right: -5.12 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.67
Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
Time Magazine Person Of The Year
I hate Tories. If I see a Tory, I eat a Tory.
A small and relatively wealthy parliamentary republic with a population of 1.2 million, covering most of northern Yorkshire in Britain, which became independent from the UK in 1987 in the desire to create a state which prioritises civil rights, social mobility, individuality and heterogeneity above all else. It's noted for it's absence of a gender-binary, it's highly progressive taxation and very well funded welfare state.
Map

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:09 am

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:It will just go outlaw.

Secret math labs right next to the secret meth labs. :p

Where maths is outlawed, only outlaws will maths.... or something.
Eastern Orthodox Christian
Christ is King
Glorify Him

capitalism is not natural
secularism is not neutral
liberalism is not tolerant

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:19 am

the only one who can stop a bad guy with a slide rule is a good guy with a slide rule
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Coexisting Republics
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Coexisting Republics » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:43 am

To everyone complaining about banning math-
"This. Is. SATIRE! (Kicks someone down a well.)

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:52 am

This is the most hilarious pile of bullshit I've seen in ages.
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Land of Minecraft
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Land of Minecraft » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:53 am

Hladgos wrote:This is the most hilarious pile of bullshit I've seen in ages.

I agree :meh:
I love Minecraft!
If you have any questions about Minecraft, feel free to telegram me!
Also, I love to say nice things about people! Telegram me, and I'll find something nice to say about you! We must destroy the haters!

GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

The Four Taxmen of the Apocalypse
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Four Taxmen of the Apocalypse » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:30 am

Well we're commenting on the kind of maths used to crack encryption. Obviously we don't understand that. Or if any of us do, we probably can't express ourselves in terms the others understand.

What do you mean by "bullshit"? I think the digestive processes of a bull are essentially the same as the digestive processes of a cow. So before calling "bullshit" you had better be sure you can tell the difference between bullshit and cowshit.

For that matter, most cattle alive at any one time are heifers (castrated male cattle). Are you sure you can tell the difference between bullshit and heifershit?

Wind in the Willows
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wind in the Willows » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:40 am

Bombadil wrote:Maths doesn't kill people, people kill people.. but maths helps.

Math helps calculate the amount of time and bullets it will take to kill someone. :p

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:33 am

Immoren wrote:the only one who can stop a bad guy with a slide rule is a good guy with a slide rule

They will have to pry my slide rule from my cold dead fingers!
Such heroic nonsense!

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:35 am

The Four Taxmen of the Apocalypse wrote:

Well we're commenting on the kind of maths used to crack encryption. Obviously we don't understand that. Or if any of us do, we probably can't express ourselves in terms the others understand.

What do you mean by "bullshit"? I think the digestive processes of a bull are essentially the same as the digestive processes of a cow. So before calling "bullshit" you had better be sure you can tell the difference between bullshit and cowshit.

For that matter, most cattle alive at any one time are heifers (castrated male cattle). Are you sure you can tell the difference between bullshit and heifershit?

The maths to crack encryption are needed too, especially to understand how to get into other nation's databases so we can spy on what they're beating off to as well.
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General