NATION

PASSWORD

On the Topic of Race-Mixing

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Libertarian California
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian California » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:
He is a native of the North American continent, I am a native of the country called America.

And the difference is...?

Are you serious? :palm:
I'm a trans-beanstalk giantkin. My pronouns are fee/fie/foe/fum.

American nationalist

I am the infamous North California (DEATed 11/13/12). Now in the NS "Hall of Fame", or whatever
(Add 2137 posts)

On the American Revolution
Everyone should watch this video

Libertarian California
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian California » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Alouite wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:
He is a native of the North American continent, I am a native of the country called America.

Eh, it needs a few hundred more years before there will be real natives here. American Culture needs to evolve a bit more before I'd call it a thing.

We had a thriving Anglo-derived culture for nearly 200 years...

American nationalist

I am the infamous North California (DEATed 11/13/12). Now in the NS "Hall of Fame", or whatever
(Add 2137 posts)

Maureteco
Envoy

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Maureteco » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Libertarian California wrote:
Alouite wrote:Eh, it needs a few hundred more years before there will be real natives here. American Culture needs to evolve a bit more before I'd call it a thing.

Who's flag is on the Moon?

Wins every argument.

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Kiruri wrote:
Estado Paulista wrote:
What you described is nothing more than contemporary racism. The Caste System ended centuries ago. Quintium is right in saying racism still exists, but that's pretty much it.

Well, sure, the caste system isn't in place any longer, but it's effects still affect us.

Well, obviously. Historical events generally tend to affect us. However, Quintium believes Casta still exists and he's wrong. Saying "light-skins rule, darkies serve" is plain dumb, and by saying that, he displays an enormous amount of ignorance on what he's talking about. Latin America has an extremely complex demographic history and although racism exists, there are no ethnic or racial tensions in Latin America, except for a handful of countries.

In the US —and even in some Western European countries— on the other hand, racial tensions are still common. They still have segregated neighborhoods, which as far as I know, have never existed here. In Europe, tensions between immigrants and natives are on the rise. What I mean is that when he mentions Latin America, he ignores very important historic, demographic and cultural aspects while overemphasizing others in order to fit his agenda. He's either being intellectually dishonest, or just plain ignorant.
Last edited by Estado Paulista on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your nation is like a son. What it does right is your merit, as well as what it does wrong is your fault. When you praise it, be lucid and avoid exaggeration. Praising it too much can make it indolent. On the other hand, when you criticize it, be harsh, but do not ridicule it. Do your best to improve it, not through derision or disdain, but through good examples and dedication.

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Maureteco wrote:
Sun Wukong wrote:And?

"there is no trait that is exclusive to any one group of humans, and no others."

Polar bears just don't have boats. Or else they'd mix. There was a time where there were no blondes in South America. Now there are quite a few. Groups with particular traits have mixed with others, leading to the mixture of traits we have today. Humans are more vulnerable to the effects of inbreeding than animals, so they seek members of other groups. Of course traits aren't exclusive anymore. But you can still tell a Chinese guy from an Arab.

Polar bears and grizzlies are not races. They're not even sub-species (defined as a situation in which all members of a single group share a characteristic not found outside of the group.) They're separate species. Genetically, morphologically, and behaviorally distinct, with both groups possessing traits not found in the other. This is nothing like human races. This would be like Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals.
Last edited by Sun Wukong on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

Libertarian California
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian California » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:
Maureteco wrote:Polar bears just don't have boats. Or else they'd mix. There was a time where there were no blondes in South America. Now there are quite a few. Groups with particular traits have mixed with others, leading to the mixture of traits we have today. Humans are more vulnerable to the effects of inbreeding than animals, so they seek members of other groups. Of course traits aren't exclusive anymore. But you can still tell a Chinese guy from an Arab.

Polar bears and grizzlies are not races. They're not even sub-species (defined as a situation in which all members of a single group share a characteristic not found outside of the group.) They're separate species. Genetically, morphologically, and behaviorally distinct, with both groups possessing traits not found in the other. This is nothing like human races. This would be like Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals.

Dog breeds would be a better comparison.

American nationalist

(Add 2137 posts)

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Sanguinea wrote:

"there is no trait that is exclusive to any one group of humans, and no others."

Only euros have gingers and blondes.

Libertarian California
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian California » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:
Sanguinea wrote:Only euros have gingers and blondes.

Yikes.

American nationalist

(Add 2137 posts)

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:46 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:

And non white gingers?
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:Polar bears and grizzlies are not races. They're not even sub-species (defined as a situation in which all members of a single group share a characteristic not found outside of the group.) They're separate species. Genetically, morphologically, and behaviorally distinct, with both groups possessing traits not found in the other. This is nothing like human races. This would be like Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals.

Dog breeds would be a better comparison.

Still not a very good comparison. Dogs (all dogs) are juvenilized wolves. Their morphology and behavior is so variant because the principal change is to their development. The only thing like that in humans are some forms of dwarfism, and dwarves aren't usually considered a race outside of D&D.

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Sun Wukong wrote:

And non white gingers?

Apparently yes. Though the only picture I could find on short notice is this guy:

And I'm not positive it's legit.

EDIT: Oh, here we go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lae.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Uyghur-redhead.jpg
Last edited by Sun Wukong on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Sanguinea wrote:

Only euros have gingers and blondes.

Blond hair and red hair can be found throughout the world, albeit they are more common amongst northern Europeans.

Freckles can likewise be found throughout the world.

Sanguinea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanguinea » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:
And non white gingers?

Apparently yes. Though the only picture I could find on short notice is this guy:

And I'm not positive it's legit.

EDIT: Oh, here we go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lae.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Uyghur-redhead.jpg

Well...I stand corrected.
तत् त्वम् असि
Married to Hyperion!
I'm a sailor in the USN! Hooyah!
I'm also an androgyne, bask in meh ambiguous nature!!! ^_^
Likes: Syndicalism, third positionism, market economics, world unification, panentheism/pantheism, authoritarian democracy.
Dislikes: Liberalism, Reactionism, Institutional Religion, Capitalism, Marxism
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.44

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Napkiraly wrote:

Blond hair and red hair can be found throughout the world, albeit they are more common amongst northern Europeans.

But have you ever seen a black guy with a case of gingervitis?
Go Vikings.

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Blond hair and red hair can be found throughout the world, albeit they are more common amongst northern Europeans.

Of course not.

Black people have Soul.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Napkiraly wrote:

Particularly considering that Genghis Khan, according to one of the best sources dating from around the time period, had the red hair and green eyes common to members of the Borjigin clan.
Last edited by Avenio on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanguinea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanguinea » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm

Napkiraly wrote:

I know about the freckle thing, it's a common trait in my father's family, both I and my dad have them. And my dad's family is genetically mostly African.
तत् त्वम् असि
Married to Hyperion!
I'm a sailor in the USN! Hooyah!
I'm also an androgyne, bask in meh ambiguous nature!!! ^_^
Likes: Syndicalism, third positionism, market economics, world unification, panentheism/pantheism, authoritarian democracy.
Dislikes: Liberalism, Reactionism, Institutional Religion, Capitalism, Marxism
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.44

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Napkiraly wrote:Blond hair and red hair can be found throughout the world, albeit they are more common amongst northern Europeans.

No, and statistically there is a very small chance of it occurring, but not impossible.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:05 pm

Avenio wrote:

Particularly considering that Genghis Khan, according to one of the best sources dating from around the time period, had the red hair and green eyes common to members of the Borjigin clan.

Common thought was that he had no soul, now it's confirmed.
Last edited by Napkiraly on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nirya
Envoy

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirya » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:05 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:

What the hell is that thing?
......ϟ The Altmer are the rightful rulers of Tamriel. ϟ ......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsY4vK2BUzg
Whether you like it or not, the Thalmor are fighting a holy war.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

Of course not.

Black people have Soul.

Thus proving that gingers are still the bottom rung.
Go Vikings.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Nirya wrote:
Sun Wukong wrote:

What the hell is that thing?

A black child with blond hair? What else would she be?

Maureteco
Envoy

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Maureteco » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:
Maureteco wrote:Polar bears just don't have boats. Or else they'd mix. There was a time where there were no blondes in South America. Now there are quite a few. Groups with particular traits have mixed with others, leading to the mixture of traits we have today. Humans are more vulnerable to the effects of inbreeding than animals, so they seek members of other groups. Of course traits aren't exclusive anymore. But you can still tell a Chinese guy from an Arab.

That still doesn't invalidate my point. Of course race is a man-made concept, but it is based on fact and observation. It's not a sub-species or anything like that. It's a means of grouping various humans who have evolved to meet their environment needs. It's a catagorization based on evolutionary traits.

By the way, Neanderthals functioned EXACTLY like homo sapiens, were capable of having emotion and self-awareness and could intermix with homo sapiens. Which is what they did.

A polar bear and a grizzly bear are still bears. A German Shepard and a Siberian Husky are still dogs. A white man and a black man are still men. But they are different. True, Man's divisions aren't as solid as animals, and any man is capable of doing something another does, despite origin.

But saying race doesn't exist is saying there is no physical difference between men. Which is simply a falsehood.

Great Empire of Gamilus
Senator

Founded: Apr 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Empire of Gamilus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Maureteco wrote:

Who's flag is on the Moon?

Wins every argument.

who got the first satellite, man, dog, woman and alot of others into space first? give you in hint...

Based Communism is best Communism

one shitty flag on the moon dosn't say anything

1957: First intercontinental ballistic missile, the R-7 Semyorka
1957: First satellite, Sputnik 1
1957: First animal to enter Earth orbit, the dog Laika on Sputnik 2
1959: First firing of a rocket in Earth orbit, first man-made object to escape Earth's orbit, Luna 1
1959: First data communications, or telemetry, to and from outer space, Luna 1.
1959: First man-made object to pass near the Moon, first artificial satellite in Solar orbit, Luna 1
1959: First probe to impact the Moon, Luna 2
1959: First images of the moon's far side, Luna 3
1960: First animals to safely return from Earth orbit, the dogs Belka and Strelka on Sputnik 5.
1960: First probe launched to Mars, Marsnik 1 (failed to reach target)
1961: First probe launched to Venus, Venera 1
1961: First person in space (International definition) and in Earth orbit, Yuri Gagarin on Vostok 1, Vostok programme
1961: First person to spend over a day in space Gherman Titov, Vostok 2 (also first person to sleep in space).
1962: First dual crewed spaceflight, Vostok 3 and Vostok 4
1963: First woman in space, Valentina Tereshkova, Vostok 6
1964: First multi-person crew (3), Voskhod 1
1965: First EVA, by Aleksei Leonov, Voskhod 2
1965: First probe to hit another planet (Venus), Venera 3
1966: First probe to make a soft landing on and transmit from the surface of the moon, Luna 9
1966: First probe in lunar orbit, Luna 10
1967: First automated, crewless rendezvous and docking, Cosmos 186/Cosmos 188. (Until 2006, this had remained the only major space achievement that the US had not duplicated.)
1969: First docking between two crewed crafts in Earth orbit and exchange of crews, Soyuz 4 and Soyuz 5
Do you hear the posters sing?
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the music of the short OP
that won't be seen again!

When the mods find this OP
Then this thread will be no more,
But the song will be sung again
When another comes!

OP, do you know the way?
Know the way to fix your post?
Just add details and sources to spark
Debate on these forums.

Otherwise this thread is doomed
Doomed to death by modly wrath
NSG will pick up and move on
'Till another comes!

--The Klishi Islands
a thread on Theism and Atheism

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Great Empire of Gamilus wrote:
Maureteco wrote:Who's flag is on the Moon?

Wins every argument.

who got the first satellite, man, dog, woman and alot of others into space first? give you in hint...

Based Communism is best Communism

one shitty flag on the moon dosn't say anything

1957: First intercontinental ballistic missile, the R-7 Semyorka
1957: First satellite, Sputnik 1
1957: First animal to enter Earth orbit, the dog Laika on Sputnik 2
1959: First firing of a rocket in Earth orbit, first man-made object to escape Earth's orbit, Luna 1
1959: First data communications, or telemetry, to and from outer space, Luna 1.
1959: First man-made object to pass near the Moon, first artificial satellite in Solar orbit, Luna 1
1959: First probe to impact the Moon, Luna 2
1959: First images of the moon's far side, Luna 3
1960: First animals to safely return from Earth orbit, the dogs Belka and Strelka on Sputnik 5.
1960: First probe launched to Mars, Marsnik 1 (failed to reach target)
1961: First probe launched to Venus, Venera 1
1961: First person in space (International definition) and in Earth orbit, Yuri Gagarin on Vostok 1, Vostok programme
1961: First person to spend over a day in space Gherman Titov, Vostok 2 (also first person to sleep in space).
1962: First dual crewed spaceflight, Vostok 3 and Vostok 4
1963: First woman in space, Valentina Tereshkova, Vostok 6
1964: First multi-person crew (3), Voskhod 1
1965: First EVA, by Aleksei Leonov, Voskhod 2
1965: First probe to hit another planet (Venus), Venera 3
1966: First probe to make a soft landing on and transmit from the surface of the moon, Luna 9
1966: First probe in lunar orbit, Luna 10
1967: First automated, crewless rendezvous and docking, Cosmos 186/Cosmos 188. (Until 2006, this had remained the only major space achievement that the US had not duplicated.)
1969: First docking between two crewed crafts in Earth orbit and exchange of crews, Soyuz 4 and Soyuz 5

And all of this was made possible on both sides using captured Nazi scientists.
Go Vikings.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General