NATION

PASSWORD

Super-NATO

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

It are all belong to who?

Yes, NATO should be expanded to include other westernized democratic nations in asia, oceania, and south america.
50%
Yes, NATO should be expanded, but not into asia.
2%
Yes, NATO should be expanded, but not into south america.
2%
Yes, NATO should be expanded, but not into oceania.
No votes
No, NATO should not be expanded outside north america and europe.
28%
NATO should submit to Equestrian rule.
16%

Total votes : 292

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:52 pm

EverywhereAndNowhere wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
Because Russia is an authoritarian shithole with terrible human rights and a doubtful democracy record. If they shape up, i'll be the first to invite them into the fold.

Fuck, I WANT Russia on our side.

A NATO+WEST+Russia alliance would lead to total planetary domination.

We could turn around and straight up declare

"You WILL all be democracies. OR ELSE. NO MORE EXCUSES. You have 3 years to transition, any of you left after that are going to be invaded, at once."

Stop for just a sec. Taking over the world and FORCING every nation to be a democracy? And then, threatening to INVADE all nations that don't make the switch? Are you even listening to yourself???

Why should we allow tyranny to exist?
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Mormon Voodoo
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mormon Voodoo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
EverywhereAndNowhere wrote:Stop for just a sec. Taking over the world and FORCING every nation to be a democracy? And then, threatening to INVADE all nations that don't make the switch? Are you even listening to yourself???

Wouldn't it be tyranny to force other nations into the kind of nations we want it to be?

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Mormon Voodoo wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

Wouldn't it be tyranny to force other nations into the kind of nations we want it to be?

So ending tyranny is tyranny, so allowing tyranny to go unchecked is freedom?
Go Vikings.

EverywhereAndNowhere
Secretary

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby EverywhereAndNowhere » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Mormon Voodoo wrote:Wouldn't it be tyranny to force other nations into the kind of nations we want it to be?

It doesn't mean letting tyranny go unchecked, it just means going about it in a better way.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Blazedtown wrote:

It doesn't mean letting tyranny go unchecked, it just means going about it in a better way.

And this better way is?
Go Vikings.

EverywhereAndNowhere
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby EverywhereAndNowhere » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:06 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
EverywhereAndNowhere wrote:It doesn't mean letting tyranny go unchecked, it just means going about it in a better way.

And this better way is?

If I knew, I'd be doing something about it right now... ;)

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
And this better way is?

If I knew, I'd be doing something about it right now... ;)

So there isn't a better way. People who rule through force only understand force.
Go Vikings.

EverywhereAndNowhere
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby EverywhereAndNowhere » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Really though, we shouldn't be "fighting fire with fire."

EverywhereAndNowhere
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby EverywhereAndNowhere » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:10 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
EverywhereAndNowhere wrote:If I knew, I'd be doing something about it right now... ;)

So there isn't a better way. People who rule through force only understand force.

I didn't say there isn't a better way, I just said I don't know one.

Mormon Voodoo
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mormon Voodoo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 pm

Blazedtown wrote:

I didn't say there isn't a better way, I just said I don't know one.

Of course there are other ways. I mean, all you have to do to see them is to look at the lives of people like Nelson Mandela, or Gandhi.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Mormon Voodoo wrote:
EverywhereAndNowhere wrote:I didn't say there isn't a better way, I just said I don't know one.

Of course there are other ways. I mean, all you have to do to see them is to look at the lives of people like Nelson Mandela, or Gandhi.

Gandhi, the guy thought we shouldn't fight the Nazis because eventually they'll feel bad and go home?
Go Vikings.

Corumm
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Corumm » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:23 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Corumm wrote:NATO is shit

What a brilliant geopolitical assessment comrade, one you doubtlessly formed over years of study.

Thank you friend, this is high praise indeed coming from you.

Mormon Voodoo
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mormon Voodoo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Mormon Voodoo wrote:Of course there are other ways. I mean, all you have to do to see them is to look at the lives of people like Nelson Mandela, or Gandhi.

Gandhi, the guy thought we shouldn't fight the Nazis because eventually they'll feel bad and go home?

Gandhi, the guy that helped the nation of India gain its independence from the British Empire.
Gandhi, the guy that helped combat years of inequality.
Gandhi, the guy that helped to end numerous injustices against his people and gain independence for the land he loved.
Gandhi, the guy that inspired many that came after him, including Martin Luther King Jr., who stated in 1955 that "Christ gave us the goals and Mahatma Gandhi the tactics."
Last edited by Mormon Voodoo on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Corumm wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:
What a brilliant geopolitical assessment comrade, one you doubtlessly formed over years of study.

Thank you friend, this is high praise indeed coming from you.

Keep up the world changing work.
Go Vikings.

Mormon Voodoo
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mormon Voodoo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:35 pm

Mormon Voodoo wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

Gandhi, the guy that helped the nation of India gain its independence from the British Empire.
Gandhi, the guy that helped combat years of inequality.
Gandhi, the guy that helped to end numerous injustices against his people and gain independence for the land he loved.
Gandhi, the guy that inspired many that came after him, including Martin Luther King Jr., who stated in 1955 that "Christ gave us the goals and Mahatma Gandhi the tactics."

Are we all on the same page now?
Last edited by Mormon Voodoo on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:36 pm

Mormon Voodoo wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

Who said that's a good thing?

I don't like Gandhi because I don't like pacifists. Its nothing but cowardice hiding behind a banner of idealism.
Go Vikings.

EverywhereAndNowhere
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby EverywhereAndNowhere » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Mormon Voodoo wrote:Gandhi, the guy that helped the nation of India gain its independence from the British Empire.

I don't like Gandhi because I don't like pacifists. Its nothing but cowardice hiding behind a banner of idealism.

"Pacifism is cowardice," huh? So basically, it's cowardice to want to preserve one's people, to try to prevent innocents from dying, to attempt to stop families being split apart?

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:43 pm

Blazedtown wrote:

"Pacifism is cowardice," huh? So basically, it's cowardice to want to preserve one's people, to try to prevent innocents from dying, to attempt to stop families being split apart?

To not stand and fight is cowardice and pacifism is exactly that. Sitting there taking the punches and doing nothing about it. Cowardice.
Go Vikings.

EverywhereAndNowhere
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby EverywhereAndNowhere » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Mormon Voodoo wrote:Gandhi, the guy that helped the nation of India gain its independence from the British Empire.

I say it's a good thing. More importantly, the "oppressed Indian people who lived their lives being treated like dirt by the white minority ruling above them" say it's a good thing. Have the last couple decades of people dedicating their lives to promote equality for everyone been completely wasted on you?

EverywhereAndNowhere
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby EverywhereAndNowhere » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:51 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
EverywhereAndNowhere wrote:"Pacifism is cowardice," huh? So basically, it's cowardice to want to preserve one's people, to try to prevent innocents from dying, to attempt to stop families being split apart?

To not stand and fight is cowardice and pacifism is exactly that. Sitting there taking the punches and doing nothing about it. Cowardice.

I don't know what your religious beliefs are, but as for me, I'm Mormon. One of the things we hear a lot is a quote from someone that I think is the best possible authority on this subject: Jesus Christ. When asked about how to fight back against the Romans who were abusing their power over the Jews, Jesus answered, "Turn the other cheek."

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Blazedtown wrote:

I say it's a good thing. More importantly, the "oppressed Indian people who lived their lives being treated like dirt by the white minority ruling above them" say it's a good thing. Have the last couple decades of people dedicating their lives to promote equality for everyone been completely wasted on you?

Yes, yes good for the indians, but was it the right move for the world? If the British Empire hadn't lost its hold on India, they wouldn't have been in such dire financial straits as they were in the aftermath of the Second World War. This means no division of India into Pakistan and India, preventing the rise of a mini-cold war on the subcontinent. It also means the British don't withdraw from Iraq, which keeps Saddam from coming to power, they don't pull out of Cyprus, preventing Greek-Turkish tensions over the Island in the 70s because Turkey wouldn't dare to invade the territory of a founding member of NATO. It would also mean a different outcome to the Suez Crisis, if it would even happen, which means that Great Britain and France stay larger powers in the world than they were during the Cold War.
Go Vikings.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Blazedtown wrote:

I don't know what your religious beliefs are, but as for me, I'm Mormon. One of the things we hear a lot is a quote from someone that I think is the best possible authority on this subject: Jesus Christ. When asked about how to fight back against the Romans who were abusing their power over the Jews, Jesus answered, "Turn the other cheek."

And he ended up dying a horrible, humiliating death at the hands of his enemies. Better to die on your feet than be captured, tortured and executed.
Go Vikings.

EverywhereAndNowhere
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby EverywhereAndNowhere » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:57 pm

It is never "cowardice" to refrain from fighting. I personally don't label people as cowards just because they aren't picking a fight wherever they go. On a larger scale, our nation's leaders shouldn't be labeled as cowards, simply because they don't want to sacrifice needless lives in war. A single person's life is so much more valuable than anything that can be gained from war. And because of that, I commend anyone who is brave enough to "turn the other cheek."

EverywhereAndNowhere
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby EverywhereAndNowhere » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:01 am

Blazedtown wrote:
EverywhereAndNowhere wrote:I don't know what your religious beliefs are, but as for me, I'm Mormon. One of the things we hear a lot is a quote from someone that I think is the best possible authority on this subject: Jesus Christ. When asked about how to fight back against the Romans who were abusing their power over the Jews, Jesus answered, "Turn the other cheek."

And he ended up dying a horrible, humiliating death at the hands of his enemies. Better to die on your feet than be captured, tortured and executed.

And he ended up inspiring millions of people to be better at everything they can be. And the world is so much better because of it.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:06 am

Blazedtown wrote:

And he ended up inspiring millions of people to be better at everything they can be. And the world is so much better because of it.

Or countless millions of dead over the last 2000 years depending on how you look at it. Jesus was just one Jew who got martyred by the Romans and ended up famous. Do you really think he would pleased with the Crusades? or the Hundred Years War or the Thirty Years war, or the countless atrocities committed in his name over the centuries? Religion is just the world's first propaganda agency. What better way for a chieftain to secure his position than by saying that gods gave him his position?

But this is getting off track.
Go Vikings.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General