NATION

PASSWORD

I have the right to use government land (now with slavery!)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who's right in this whole debacle

The BLM "Bureau of Land Manegment" i.e. the government
66%
The Nevada Rancher
18%
Half & Half
7%
Neither
9%

Total votes : 398

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:43 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Llamalandia wrote:
Well he's still better than Harry Reid, if I lived in Nevada I'd vote for him even if he is a slightly racist idiot. ;)

Bundy would probably demand that Nevada be allowed to secede.

Yes, he would be riding around on horseback waving the stars and stripes around demanding that Nevada secede from the non-existent United States.

On a connected note; I wonder how much peyote is left on Mr. Bundy's ranch.
Such heroic nonsense!

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:43 pm

Llamalandia wrote:
SaintB wrote:So lemme see:
Idiot? Check.
Violent? Check.
Hypocrite? Check.
Cheating the system? Check.

He'll be running for the Senate come 2016 just you watch.

Well he's still better than Harry Reid, if I lived in Nevada I'd vote for him even if he is a slightly racist idiot. ;)

Good thing people don't vote like you.
Last edited by United States of Devonta on Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:07 pm

Vicious Debaters wrote:
Arkiasis wrote:
Not to mention his cowardly supporters who hide behind women.

I love it when they said that.

And the thing where he's a hypocritical moocher at the same time he talks about blacks being on welfare.

welfare rancher
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Holy Trek
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Trek » Thu May 22, 2014 10:28 pm

I'm about to say something that's likely to be incendiary to anyone who actually takes Bundy's side (and that wouldn't surprise me, just as my incendiary statement will likely not be a surprise to anyone who's read my posts on sensitive issues in the past). Bundy is a law-breaker who didn't pay the fees so his cattle could graze on federal land, he acknowledges the sovereignty of Nevada, but refuses to recognize US Federal laws (since when did Nevada secede from the United States??), and has jackbooted militia thugs (who may very well be NRA members) protecting him from the "Big Bad Federal Suits". The Feds shouldn't have backed down, they should've arrested Bundy and all those ranchers-turned-militia rebels, and if they had fired at the Feds, then they would've made the ultimate mistake and paid for it with their lives. The Feds made a mistake when they decided to pull back, because now every wannabe rebel farmer, rancher, or even business tycoon who feels the taxes are too high will be able to defy the government at will.

Taxes (even if they are higher than many of us would like) are there for a reason. Those taxes go to maintaining infrastructure, providing services such as medical care, police protection, firefighting, and so the federal government can defend us from all threats foreign and domestic. If one refuses to pay the taxes, then they should have all those creature comforts they come to rely on yet take for granted revoked and they should be placed in irons. Bundy acts and talks like he can protect himself better than the Feds can protect him, then I say strip him of all those things he used to rely on that I just listed, cut off his Social Security and VA benefits, and deny him welfare. Blockade his ranch so his militia buddies can't secretly supply him with food and medicine, and let's see how long it takes for him to capitulate. People disagree with the way the federal government does things, but gathering a bunch of wannabe Rambos, refusing to pay taxes, and declaring that you don't recognize any other authority other that the state authority is not the answer because while you might have 500 Rambo wannabes protecting you, they won't be enough against the might of the UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

In short, if Bundy wants to graze his cattle on open land bad enough, he and his herds should be removed to Mongolia. PLENTY of open spaces there.
ALSO RP AS: Federate Cherokee State, New Aztlan
Founder/member of: Dual Monarchy of Holy Trek-Inuyashina, Intergalactic Federacy and member of ANTO
Type VII, Tier I Civilization
Pro: Obamacare, gun control, choice, gay rights, Israel, Church and State separation, Liberalism
Anti: Theocracy, Tea Party, Radical Republicans, Limbaugh, Palin, Cruz, Conservatism
My nation reflects certain of my OOC and RL beliefs, a few of which are listed. Don't like it? Don't engage me in debate.
MT nation: Imperial Columbia PT nation: Levantine Empire of Palmyra
Factbooks coming soon!

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Thu May 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Tekania wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Bundy would probably demand that Nevada be allowed to secede.

Yes, he would be riding around on horseback waving the stars and stripes around demanding that Nevada secede from the non-existent United States.

On a connected note; I wonder how much peyote is left on Mr. Bundy's ranch.

Apparently, he needs more!
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu May 22, 2014 10:49 pm

Time to round up them zombies and get them back to the grave.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Previous

Return to General