NATION

PASSWORD

Is Banning Circumcision Xenophobic?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Totally Not Leningrad Union
Minister

Founded: Feb 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Is Banning Circumcision Xenophobic?

Postby Totally Not Leningrad Union » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Is it xenophobic when countries like Germany ban circumcision?

I think it is because it spits on the values, culture and tradition of many non-European immigrants. It enforces European values on non-Europeans or Europeans who want to do it. My belief is that the problem lies in the fact that many of these countries do not understand circumcision because they never tried it.

What do you guys think, NATIONSTATES?
ن In Solidarity with Middle Eastern Christians ن
RIP Leningrad Union, 6583 posts and 1.243 billion people. Unjustly DEATed.

Want to join a fun forums website that isn't exclusive/selective?
Arglorand wrote:
Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Just shut down their government already.

Unfortunately, North Korea doesn't have the Republican Party.
The Grey Wolf wrote:Yes, in this world filled with wars, murder, rape, and crime in general...

Our biggest problem is children looking at titties.

Immoren wrote:I'd think that comparing FB to Twitter and Instagram is like comparing apples and baseballs.

Frazers
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Frazers » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Culture isn't an excuse against everything.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Is it xenophobic when countries like Germany ban circumcision?

I think it is because it spits on the values, culture and tradition of many non-European immigrants. It enforces European values on non-Europeans or Europeans who want to do it. My belief is that the problem lies in the fact that many of these countries do not understand circumcision because they never tried it.

It's a ring of dick skin. Seriously. I don't know what's worse, referring to a little snip of dick skin as 'mutilation', or being so religiously dogmatic that the loss of the ability to snip dick skin is seen as an attack on that whole religion.

I wish we could ban drama instead.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Only in the sense that laws against animal cruelty are anti-voodoo.
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Ritual Infant Circumcision is a violation of human rights just as much as involuntary female genital mutilation.
Human rights trump tradition.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Is it xenophobic when countries like Germany ban circumcision?

I don't see why those countries should try circumcision. It isn't a problem and their non-practice of it is not their fault. Banning circumcision is more than about European or non-European values. It brings up issues of parental rights, how far religious liberties should go, and bodily autonomy.
Last edited by Geilinor on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby DesAnges » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

It's a ring of dick skin. Seriously. I don't know what's worse, referring to a little snip of dick skin as 'mutilation', or being so religiously dogmatic that the loss of the ability to snip dick skin is seen as an attack on that whole religion.

I could sum up my thoughts more succinctly but with swearing far reaching past the PG-13. So I'll just agree with the clown to the left of me.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:56 pm

No.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not Leningrad Union » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:56 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Probably the ridiculous who call it mutilation.

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:Ritual Infant Circumcision is a violation of human rights just as much as involuntary female genital mutilation.

I thought you were Islamic.

Arglorand wrote:

The Grey Wolf wrote:Yes, in this world filled with wars, murder, rape, and crime in general...

Immoren wrote:I'd think that comparing FB to Twitter and Instagram is like comparing apples and baseballs.

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:57 pm

Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:My belief is that the problem lies in the fact that many of these countries do not understand circumcision because they never tried it.

hahahahaha oh my god
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not Leningrad Union » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Geilinor wrote:

I don't see why those countries should try circumcision. It isn't a problem and their non-practice of it is not their fault.

They shouldn't, but they shouldn't discriminate because of it. I don't drink so I don't say every alcoholic should be arrested.

Arglorand wrote:

Geilinor
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Geilinor » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Or the ridiculous who say that they're being persecuted because of the loss of the ability to circumcise.
Member of the Free Democratic Party. Not left. Not right. Forward.
Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41

Ancient Magmia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancient Magmia » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:It's a ring of dick skin. Seriously. I don't know what's worse, referring to a little snip of dick skin as 'mutilation', or being so religiously dogmatic that the loss of the ability to snip dick skin is seen as an attack on that whole religion.

^This. :rofl: :clap:
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato
Dear Diary, I'm Having a Little Problem
Add 3984 to my post count

My Last.fm, Spotify profile, RYM, and Essential Magmiacore
Hip hop, jazz, reggae, soul/neo-soul, R&B, and funk fan

Stagnant Axon Terminal
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stagnant Axon Terminal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Stagnant Axon Terminal wrote:Ritual Infant Circumcision is a violation of human rights just as much as involuntary female genital mutilation.

I thought you were Islamic.

My religion does not give me a right to mutilate my son. When he becomes a man, he can choose for himself whether he wants to be circumcised or not.
TET's resident state assessment exam
My sworn enemy is the Toyota 4Runner
I scream a lot.
Also, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend.
Nanatsu No Tsuki wrote:the fetus will never eat cake if you abort it

Cu Math wrote:Axon is like a bear with a PH.D. She debates at first, then eats your face.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:THE MAN'S PENIS HAS LEFT THE VAGINA. IT'S THE UTERUS'S TURN TO SHINE.

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Geilinor wrote:I don't see why those countries should try circumcision. It isn't a problem and their non-practice of it is not their fault.

They shouldn't, but they shouldn't discriminate because of it. I don't drink so I don't say every alcoholic should be arrested.

They force unnecessary surgery on a child. Circumcision is a violation of basic human rights.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

America Libertaria
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby America Libertaria » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Obviously it's an anti-Semitic revival in Germany which is attacking Jews' rights of cutting up babies' little peepee's.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not Leningrad Union » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Geilinor wrote:
Totally Not Leningrad Union wrote:Probably the ridiculous who call it mutilation.

Or the ridiculous who say that they're being persecuted because of the loss of the ability to circumcise.

Well we are because it's an ancient tradition that was given to us by our creator in a covenant.

Arglorand wrote:

Kyuji
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyuji » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:

Its the removal of a part of a CHILDS PENIS!!!
Pro :Voluntary Cannibalism (in other words the kind where people willingly offer themselves up as food) , Freedom of speech , The Austro-Hungarian Empire , The Ottoman Empire , Taoism , Gay Marriage, Martial Arts , Madoka , Kyubey
Anti :Racism , Israel , Homphobia , Bigotry , North Korea , Krav Maga, Russia

Tubbsalot
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tubbsalot » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:referring to a little snip of dick skin as 'mutilation'

Leaving aside the fact that which word we use is irrelevant to a ban on the actual practice, that's perfectly reasonable. If I sliced a little line down the centre of your forehead, you'd be left with a great fucking scar for the rest of your life. I wouldn't even be removing anything. Does that not qualify as mutilation?
"Twats love flags." - Yootopia

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Well banning circumcision would be, in a sense, anti-religion seeing as how Judaism requires a baby to be circumcised.
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not Leningrad Union » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:00 pm

America Libertaria wrote:Obviously it's an anti-Semitic revival in Germany which is attacking Jews' rights of cutting up babies' little peepee's.

No, the fourth reich is here for other reasons. And circumcision isn't cutting it up. A tiny flap of skin is removed.

Arglorand wrote:

The New World Oceania
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New World Oceania » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:00 pm

There are these strange questions that are asked on NSG and unfortunately I've gotten used to seeing and asking them.

"Would you like eggs for breakfast?"
"That's a little xenophobic, don't you think? Not to mention the slut shaming."
Woman-made-woman.
Formerly Not a Bang but a Whimper.
Mario Cerce, Member of the Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!
Elizia
Joyce Wu, Eternal President of Elizia
Wen Lin, Governor of Jinyu
Ahmed Alef, Member for South Hutnegeri
Dagmar
Elise Marlowe, Member for Varland
Calaverde
Alsafyr Njil, Minister of Justice
Vienna Eliot et. al, Poets
Dick Njil, Journalist
Assad Hazouri, Mayor of Masalbhumi
Baltonia
Clint Webb, Member of the Seima
Ment-Al Li, United Nations Agent
Aurentina
Clint Webb, Senator

Fluerian
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fluerian » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Nations really ban circumcision? I am circumcised and am surprised nations banned it.

Frazers
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Frazers » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Geilinor wrote:Or the ridiculous who say that they're being persecuted because of the loss of the ability to circumcise.

Well we are because it's an ancient tradition that was given to us by our creator in a covenant.

If someone advised me to go around nipping off kids foreskins as an important way to get close to them I'd probably think twice about following any of their advice

Olivaero
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Olivaero » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:01 pm

When something a relegion does falls outside of secular ethics the religious practice should take a back seat not the other way around.
British, Anglo Celtic, English, Northerner.

Transhumanist, Left Hegelian, Marxist, Communist.

Agnostic Theist, Culturally Christian.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General